PDA

View Full Version : Danica Patrick

LL2
04-21-2008, 04:03 PM
No one can say she is the Anna Kournikova of racing anymore. The pretty girl without a win.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-21-2008, 04:15 PM
No one can say she is the Anna Kournikova of racing anymore. The pretty girl without a win.

Anna did win 2 slams in doubles.

And, she won plenty as a junior.

red
04-21-2008, 04:17 PM
i was reading one story this morning that was trying to diminish her win by saying it wasn't her driving that won the race, it was her team that won it for her

it was pretty crappy

the girl won fair and square, give her the credit she deserves

The Leaper
04-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Danica is racing in events that have 15-20 cars on the starting grid...Anna was going against dozens of professional tennis players in every event she was in. I don't see the two as compareable. Pro tennis is far more competitive than today's Indy racing.

Danica can drive...great. So can thousands of other people. The hard cold reality is that she isn't that good of a racecar driver when compared to the elites. If she didn't have perky tits and a juicy ass, she probably would be on the verge of losing her job. She races in a dying sport that is using her sex appeal to cling to any ratings they can get.

Every win she gets should be a credit to her though. I can damn well guarantee that every single driver on that circuit feels that Danica gets way too much notoriety for doing next to nothing...and want to beat her and beat her badly every time out.

Joemailman
04-21-2008, 04:28 PM
She might very well have won Indy last year except for a bad pit stop near the end of the race. She is a good racer who will get better.

Little Whiskey
04-21-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm not that big of an open wheel racing fan, but here is my take on Danica.

She gets a lot of press because she is the only competitive driver on the circuit.......and she is not bad to look at. She has furthered this image by posing for SI swimsuit issue and becoming a "Go Daddy Girl"

Until now she has not won as a professional at any level. Her last win was in a go-cart.....seriously.

Her victory is slightly tainted. It wasn't a full field. The last two champions bolted for NASCAR. It was a fuel milage gamble that put her against only one other car, Helio Castronevious. (who is the current points leader and slowed to conserve fuel to keep his lead.)

HOWEVER, a win is a win. you take them however you can get them. Fuel milage is part of the strategy in all forms of racing. She just needs to show that she can do this more often....even on a full field.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Danica is a cute chick

I saw her this morning, though..on espn...and she was so heavily caked with makeup i thought she was a tranny.

HarveyWallbangers
04-21-2008, 05:00 PM

Anna did win 2 slams in doubles.

And, she won plenty as a junior.

True, and she was ranked in the top 10 in singles and made Grand Slam semi-finals. Take nothing away from Danica, but getting to a semi-final in a Grand Slam is more impressive to me than winning a fuel efficiency race against 16 or 17 other drivers.

I'm glad she did it though. Isn't she from Beloit?

the_idle_threat
04-21-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm not a fan of Danica. This being a Packer Fan site after all, it should be pointed out that she was born in WI but grew up in IL and identifies as a FIB:

http://www.todaystmj4.com/bloggers/vitrano/7825687.html

DON'T CRY FOR DANICA

NO LOVE FROM WISCONSIN

Vince Vitrano

Lovely smile, great story, but don't forget Danica doesn't like you.

I wouldn't normally be interested in Indy Racing, but a couple years ago the story of an attractive female driver cutting it with the big boys certainly caught my eye. It's why the marketing people went nuts for Danica Patrick.

She got in a little dust-up this weekend at the Milwaukee Mile. Thought somebody bumped her on a pass or something like that. I'd be inclined to pull for her, I would. But Danica ought to be tough for any good Wisconsinite to love.

She lost me shortly after hello. This lady went out of her way to point out that despite being born in the Badger State she calls Illinois home. She also attacked Cheeseheads and the Packers when instead she could have said all the right things.

July of 2005, Patrick says at a news conference, "I was always told that if you were born in Wisconsin you were a cheesehead, and who wants to be known as a cheesehead?"

Hey look, you want to be from Illinois, fine. You want to say you grew up there and identify with it as your home as opposed to Wisconsin, cool. She made a special effort to dump on Wisconsin, and didn't stop there.

Same day Patrick says, "If there's one thing I can't stand, it's those Packers." She continued, "I'm not going to be very popular here am I."

Nope.

Not much of a smile, either, since she rarely uses it. She's got kind of a dour, scowly personality that's a big turn off. The FIB guys can have her.