PDA

View Full Version : List Of Guys We've Brought In For Visits

Lurker64
04-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Read more about them Here (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=741529). To protect the Journal Sentinel's copyrights I'm just going to list names, positions, and schools:

Visited:
WR Luke Swan, Wisconsin
C Eric Scott, Kentucky
WR Brett Swain, San Diego State
CB Cary Williams, Washburn
DE Hilee Taylor, North Carolina
LB Danny Lansanah, Connecticut
P Ken DeBauche, Wisconsin
TE Matt Sherry, Villanova
RB Tim Hightower, Richmond
LB Joe Mays, North Dakota State
S Kareem Moore, Nicholls State
LB Justin Roland, Kansas State
TE Mike Peterson, NW Missouri State
DL/LB Andy Studebaker, Wheaton
CB Brandon Carr, Grand Valley State
LB Tavares Gooden, Miami

Drew Interest:
DE William Hayes, Winston Salem State
OLB Brian Smith, McNeese State
WR Brooks Little, South Dakota
S Lamar Morgan, Louisiana-Lafayette
OT Darren Marquez, Southern Illinois
S Jerod Parrish, Tennessee
WR Chaz Schilens, San Diego State
RB/WR/KR Anthony Aldridge, Houston
OL Chester Adams, Georgia
DE Brian Johnston, Gardner-Webb
WR Donnie Avery, Houston
WR/KR Samuel Gigure, Sherbroke University (Montreal)
C Adam Hill, Louisiana-Monroe
WR Brian Paysinger, Oregon
OL Tim McCutcheon, California (Pa.)
OL Jeremy Zuttah, Gardner-Webb
OL Mitch Erickson, South Dakota State
QB Tommy Grady, Utah.

Seems to mostly be later round picks we brought in to scout up close and personal. Anybody have strong feelings or really any information whatsoever about any of these guys? How many of them do you think we'll draft? More Wisconsin guys than usual, it looks like.

red
04-21-2008, 10:24 PM
lots of small schools on there

nice to see we brought in brian johnston

oh, we just showed interest, we didn't bring him in, thats not quite so cool

ND72
04-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Read more about them Here (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=741529). To protect the Journal Sentinel's copyrights I'm just going to list names, positions, and schools:

WR Luke Swan, Wisconsin
C Eric Scott, Kentucky
WR Brett Swain, San Diego State
CB Cary Williams, Washburn
DE Hilee Taylor, North Carolina
LB Danny Lansanah, Connecticut
P Ken DeBauche, Wisconsin
TE Matt Sherry, Villanova
RB Tim Hightower, Richmond
LB Joe Mays, North Dakota State
S Kareem Moore, Nicholls State
LB Justin Roland, Kansas State
TE Mike Peterson, NW Missouri State
DL/LB Andy Studebaker, Wheaton
CB Brandon Carr, Grand Valley State
LB Tavares Gooden, Miami
DE William Hayes, Winston Salem State
OLB Brian Smith, McNeese State
WR Brooks Little, South Dakota
S Lamar Morgan, Louisiana-Lafayette
OT Darren Marquez, Southern Illinois
S Jerod Parrish, Tennessee
WR Chaz Schilens, San Diego State
RB/WR/KR Anthony Aldridge, Houston
OL Chester Adams, Georgia
DE Brian Johnston, Gardner-Webb
WR Donnie Avery, Houston
WR/KR Samuel Gigure, Sherbroke University (Montreal)
C Adam Hill, Louisiana-Monroe
WR Brian Paysinger, Oregon
OL Tim McCutcheon, California (Pa.)
OL Jeremy Zuttah, Gardner-Webb
OL Mitch Erickson, South Dakota State
QB Tommy Grady, Utah.

Seems to mostly be later round picks we brought in to scout up close and personal. Anybody have strong feelings or really any information whatsoever about any of these guys? How many of them do you think we'll draft?

I've always like Debauche from Wisconsin. I think we need to bring in a few punters (not specifically draft) to bring up some competition.

I know "of" Parrish, Safety from Tennessee. He was one of those classic top rated players coming out of high school and got engulfed by all the other talent around him at Tennessee and never really made a name for himself. He's a hitter though, from what I remember.

Lurker64
04-21-2008, 10:34 PM
lots of small schools on there

nice to see we brought in brian johnston

oh, we just showed interest, we didn't bring him in, thats not quite so cool

I'm not entirely clear on what "drew interest" means. It's possible that we were interested in bringing him in for a visit, but it just hasn't worked out yet for whatever reason. Or that we've talked to him offsite, or whatever. Still, I edited the first post to make that distinction.

As I understand it, in the Thompson school of draftology the guys you bring in for visits are more the guys you're not sure about than the guys you are. So it's possible the Packers have more questions about the guys they bring in for visits than the guys they simply show interest in (and more questions about those guys than about the guys we really like and will never mention at all before the draft). Who knows, Ted's an enigma.

oregonpackfan
04-22-2008, 12:26 AM
If WR Brian Paysinger from Oregon can fully recover from his serious leg injury(which required surgery), he has NFL potential, IMO.

Guiness
04-22-2008, 04:06 AM
I'm not entirely clear on what "drew interest" means. It's possible that we were interested in bringing him in for a visit, but it just hasn't worked out yet for whatever reason. Or that we've talked to him offsite, or whatever. Still, I edited the first pick to make that distinction.

As I understand it, in the Thompson school of draftology the guys you bring in for visits are more the guys you're not sure about than the guys you are. So it's possible the Packers have more questions about the guys they bring in for visits than the guys they simply show interest in (and more questions about those guys than about the guys we really like and will never mention at all before the draft). Who knows, Ted's an enigma.

I agree with you here Lurker - I think TT brings in guys who are 'on the bubble' and he not sure which way to go...give them a chance to show something, I think. The guys he's sure of, well, he sure of and doesn't need to waste time talking to.

I think part of the proof of that is the lack of first round graded players on those lists.

Brian Johnston is interesting, for sure, but there's been so much press on him (or maybe just here?) that I think his draft status has been inflated to the point that he's no longer a 'value' pick.