PDA

View Full Version : OTA REPORT (DAY 2), from a fan.

gbpackfan
06-01-2006, 04:17 PM
I'll stick to the same format. I'll start with my STUDS and DUDS.

STUDS:

Ben Taylor - Aggresively made adjustments, showed leadership and looked right at home. Covered the TE like a blanket.

Marc Boerigter - Looked like Favre's go to guy. Made several very nice catches and one amazing finger tip catch along the side-lines. Did run the wrong route once but was open virtually ever other play. Very encouraged by his performance thus far.

Ahmad Carroll - Looked stronger and faster. Still talked some cheddar but made plays to back it up. Had a nice pass break up along the sidelines and almost came away with a very difficult pick. Did get burned once but had a short memory and came back strong the next time he was in.

DUDS:

Greg Jennings - Catches the ball nicely but completely disappeared in team drills and the 7 on 7 drill. I think he is having a little trouble beating the press coverage.

Ingle Martin - Very sloppy! High throws! The ball just fell out of his hand once or twice. Almost got picked once and missed several open receivers. At one point in team drills he couldn't get the O lined up right and MM had to pull the entire O off the line and back into the huddle. He's swimming right now.

Cory Rodgers - Dropped more punts today! Yuck! Also dropped several passes in individual drills. Made one nice catch on a deep pattern but other then that, had a piss poor day.

ONE LINERS: (mostly one liners, some have two. :smile: )

Coston was MIA and Spitz was starting at RG.

DONALD DRIVER was fielding punts in both special teams work outs!!!!!!

The O won the running drills in team workouts.

The D won the passing drills in team workouts. Expect for a few plays, but in general, I thought the D was better.

OVERALL, the D looked better then the O. I know other posters feel differently but there were A LOT of balls that hit the ground today!

Gado and Herrion looked great.

We didn't have a FB that could catch out of the back-field today. Even Henderson was dropping passes today! Leach dropped several that hit him right in the hands.

Hodge looked impressive.

Cory Rodgers is losing ground, fast!

A. Rod looked better today.

Jon Ryan was more consistent than BJ, again.

MM worked one on one with I. Martin during practice.

Arth and Wroebel again took ZERO snaps in team drills.

TT was again Favre's Chaw-beeatch. :wink:

Bubba looked good.

Martin better hope that a rook. TE doesn't really step up!

Gado looked fast in team drills. Damn near out ran A. Carroll.

WR pecking order is currently: Driver, Fergie, Boerigter, Jennings based on the way they lined up and came in on drills.

Driver, Fergie and Boe all looked good. Favre is falling in love with Boe (no homo jokes please)

M. Manual is already becoming a leader.

J. Jollly isn't affraid to get in there!

Washington looked like he was in the best shape of his GB career.

L. Allen is a big man.

Fontoneatu (spelling), that CB from NFLE, got burned BAD twice. He did break up a pass later on but he was very inconsistent.

Hawkins was so-so.

Being a K in the NFL is the life! They did nothing all say.

They rotated the number DT's through out the workout.

FAVORITE MOMENT:

There are two.

First, Samkon Gado broke through the D twice today and was challenged to a race by Manual and Carroll on seperate plays. The first one, Gado was racing down the far sideline and Manual was running towards him, away from us, and was closing in on Gado when he accelerated. The two sprinted, almost side by side, for about 25 yards. Manual looked faster then I expected and so did Gado. Gado would have won the race to the endzone if they had kept going.

Second, Gado burst around a VERY nice block by the O-line and was streaking down the near sideline. Carroll ran over from his spot all the way accross the field and was the only one who was going to catch Gado. Gado continued to run down the sideline and the two sprinted it out for about 20 yards. As they were doing so, Carroll was yelling "You can't out run me!" It was funny and you could tell he was just playing with Gado. Carroll would have eventually caught Gado but it was closer then you would think. Gado is surprisenly fast for a chubby guy :lol: . They both had a laugh and went back to the huddle.

I guess the point is, they were giving 110% and busting each other's balls, but they were having fun while doing so.

CaptainKickass
06-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks GBpackfan

There seems to be a bit of difference in your observations versus others who attended and posted. This is a good variety of perspective.

Keep the reports coming! I am an addict!

Joemailman
06-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the report. One question. I've seen some pictures that make Gado look bigger than he was last year. Is that the case, or was that a trick of the camera?

One comment. Sounds like Ingle is looking a lot like A Rod looked last year. Tough to be a rookie QB in the NFL.

gbpackfan
06-01-2006, 04:28 PM
You know what, I noticed that too. But that is okay, it is nice to get a variety of opinions. I just post what I observe. My opinion doesn't change based on what other people are saying. The thing is, there is so much going on that you can't see everything. Oh well, it all makes for good reading.

swede
06-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Outstanding work. We really do need to get a Packer Rats apparel line going so that we can recognize each other at these events. I always drive up for a couple of traing camp sessions. It would be nice to be sporting a packerrats.com T-Shirt with Nutzs avatar on the back.

gbpackfan
06-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Route,

I never saw Gado with his pads off last year so I don't know if he looks bigger or not. I have heard people call him "fat" but that isnt the case. He may just have a real baby face, which makes him look chubby. He had the same face last year, right! So, maybe his body has stayed the same and NONE of us are used to seeing him in shorts. He looked fast and moved like a man in shape though. I just cant see him letting his body slip after the opportunity he has been given.

FavreChild
06-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Whoo-hoo! I luv u, Samkon Gado!! :wink:

Thanks for the colorful descriptions and variety of insights, gbpackfan. I feel like I was right there with you.

Someone needs to get a photo of TT & Brett having a dip.

Mazzin
06-01-2006, 04:32 PM
SPANK YA

gbpackfan
06-01-2006, 04:35 PM
NickCollins is completely right (if you read his winner and losers post)

Brett and TT are very close! They talk and laugh it up all the time. Brett observed more this practice and spoke with TT a lot.

Oh, and if you have any suggestions for TT, you can find him riding a bike down ONEIDA ST. after the OTA. At least he was today. I damn near hit him! He made a U turn right in the middle of the street! HA. You can't miss that bright white hair. I yelled "What's up Ted?" He waived. He could have offered me a dip though!!!!!! ha ha.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-01-2006, 04:59 PM

I yelled "What's up Ted?"

Next time you see him, for me, please say instead: "Hey THOMPSON, what's up?" Do it the way that guy at Indiana did when he got Knight fired.

I hope thompson teaches you some "manners," and get fired. It'll make my day.

motife
06-01-2006, 05:04 PM

Tony Oday
06-01-2006, 05:06 PM
LOL TT is becoming the man and the teddy bear cant handle it!!!! lol

BF4MVP
06-01-2006, 05:16 PM

I yelled "What's up Ted?"

Next time you see him, for me, please say instead: "Hey THOMPSON, what's up?" Do it the way that guy at Indiana did when he got Knight fired.

I hope thompson teaches you some "manners," and get fired. It'll make my day.
Tank, I'm dumber for reading your post..

Thanks for the info, GBP..I observed a lot of the same things..

gbpackfan
06-01-2006, 05:36 PM
BF4MVP,

Did you have your yellow hat on and a green shirt?????

If so, I saw you. I just looked for the hat again. You looked a little down.

Harlan Huckleby
06-01-2006, 07:17 PM
I like both Gado and Carroll, they have spunk. I think Carrol is going to be a fan favorite someday soon.

Joemailman
06-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Comment: I also still have high hopes for Carroll. I thought he outplayed Harris the last 4-5 games last year. Some people overreact every time he does something wrong, and ignore the things he does right.

Question: If Sander does not win the punter job, does anyone know who the holder will be?

BF4MVP
06-01-2006, 07:50 PM
BF4MVP,

Yep, that was me. I dunno why I looked a little down..I wasn't in a bad mood or anything..But, wearing a long sleeve T-shirt when it's 20,000 degrees outside was a bad idea..I love that shirt though..Gotta love the old-school logo..

Pack0514
06-01-2006, 08:48 PM
gbpackfan - thanks for the updates. I enjoy hearing these things..... the good and the bad. Keep 'em coming.

GBRulz
06-01-2006, 10:34 PM
20,000 degrees?? It didn't even hit 80 today, ya wuss :mrgreen:

Bretsky
06-02-2006, 12:46 AM
BF4MVP,

BF was the guy with the babes hanging on him.

If I saw him we'd be heading to the NUDY joint together, and I'd supply him with one's. I'm a team player.

Cheers,
B

Bretsky
06-02-2006, 12:47 AM
Comment: I also still have high hopes for Carroll. I thought he outplayed Harris the last 4-5 games last year. Some people overreact every time he does something wrong, and ignore the things he does right.

Question: If Sander does not win the punter job, does anyone know who the holder will be?

Sanders may have been the worst holder in football last year; we aren't losing a thing if we lose that holder. He was a joke in training camp and the season.

Fritz
06-02-2006, 06:41 AM
"Washington looked like he was in the best shape of his GB career."

And here's the pic to prove it...

[img src="http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:W06Hh0pclKgBPM:www.slowart.com/slow/fatties"]

Fritz
06-02-2006, 06:42 AM
...okay, maybe not. But you can guess what the pic looked like. It wasn't pretty.

gbpackfan
06-02-2006, 07:37 AM
Michele,

Did you end up going? In BF defense, it did seem hotter then 80 out there.

MadtownPacker
06-02-2006, 07:45 AM
Thanks again GBPF. Nice the hear Carroll is coming through like I thought he would.

Packers4Ever
06-02-2006, 10:58 PM
gbpackfan, great report, the good and the not so good.
I could almost see Gado and Carroll streaking down the field trying
to outdo each other.
Keep it up, this is a nice connection between fans and team. :smile: