PDA

View Full Version : the Troll has arrived.

viking troll
04-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Sup guys? Long time, no talk. Those of you that know me, know me to be a pretty level-headed Vikes fan.

I'm back to refute all the bull about the JA deal that's being passed around and speculated upon.

Where do I start?

1) Great trade- I'd do this deal any day and thrice on Tuesday. Look what we gave up to get him. Phillip Merling or Calais Campbell and a couple of third round nobody prospects at best. Last I checked both of those dudes were suspect as well. We are desperate for a DE and there was no-way we weren't going to draft one at 17. Those 2 at best are 2-3 years away from MAYBE producing anything. We have an old Defense. It's now are never for most of our guys.
2) As for the contract- Who cares. Some cat named Long got just about the same contract from Miami and he can't even find Florida on the map yet. The money and contracts are out of hand IMO and sooner are later something has to give. But for now. It is what it is.
3) Character issues- Again, who cares. Last I checked a guy named Michael Irvin(read about the "White House" outside of Dallas that he frequented) just got into the HOF and soon some brother named Ray Lewis will be there as well. JA isn't even close to those two scumbags. Nobody cares. It's all about the W's and the gate receipts. It's been years since I've thought of a pro athlete as a role model. Why even the great mr Favre was himself suspect for many years.
Unless it's murder or they're hurting women(Ahman Green) or children(Mark Chmura), I could care less about what they do. Every team and just about every player has a closet. As do the Vikes. As do the Pack.
4) 1st rd picks- We all know about the crappy first rd picks the Vikes have made over the years but I bet you guys are forgetting all the crappy 1st rd picks you guys have made as well. since 1989 here are some of the Packs stellar number 1's. T Mandarich, D Thompson, T Buckley, V Clark, W Simmons, A Taylor, C Newsome, J Michaels, A Edwards, J Walker, J Reynolds
am I forgetting any? The truth is, NOBODY ever knows. I'll take my chance on a 26 yr old stud over D. Underwood, K Udese or E James any day. He!! I couldn't even begin to tell about the 3rd rounders we've selected over the years....and without looking it up, neither could most of you.
5) Now I know you die hards will say you should build through the draft, develope a player, give him time to mesh, learn, grow. HOGWASH! This isn't your fathers NFL anymore and the truth is, by the time you develope a guy to the place you'd like he wants millions of dollars and wants to bolt for another team ASAP. The days of great players like Brett playing for (almost) one team their whole careers are over. To much moolah is at stake and loyalty is just a 7 letter word that half these wonderlick hero's can't even spell.
6) Finally- And this is the most important reason to make this deal of all. What have we got to lose? Super Bowl? LOL, Playoffs? LOL, NFC dominance? LOL. Last I check we haven't been even close to those things for a decade. And we all know about our SB failures.

As for me. As long as we beat you guys once our twice a year I can die happy. Who needs the SB.

Peace out.

LL2
04-23-2008, 03:32 PM
As for me. As long as we beat you guys once our twice a year I can die happy. Who needs the SB.

Who needs the SB? What kind of fan are you? I guess if your team has never won the SB then winning a few games during the season is the highlight of the year.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-23-2008, 03:47 PM
0-4

3-1

can anyone guess what those numbers represent?

Scott Campbell
04-23-2008, 03:50 PM
I was in favor of the trade, but Viking Troll may have inadvertently talked me out of it.

Scott Campbell
04-23-2008, 03:50 PM
0-4

3-1

can anyone guess what those numbers represent?

Superbowl records of the Vikes and Pack.

Zool
04-23-2008, 03:54 PM

Spoken like a fan who's team has never won the big one.

HarveyWallbangers
04-23-2008, 04:04 PM
http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=12149

Spaulding
04-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Not a bad case. Many of the points I agree on. The only problem with the logic is that you don't break the bank for a defensive end. I agree the draft is pretty much a crap shoot and getting a proven quality like Allen isn't a bad way to go but with an unknown quantity at QB isn't it all a moot point?

TJack has yet to prove he can lead the team the playoffs let alone a victory in them. WR's are still questionable as well. Luckily the RB situation is stacked and the left side of the line is solid. A decent RT in the draft and it does give TJack a fighting chance.

I just don't think you mortgage the future with giving up three high draft choices and doll out big bucks to a DE with the a question mark still at the most important position. You do this if it puts you over the top and a superbowl contender. This is Redskin-esq mentality and one that has led them down a dark road.

Scott Campbell
04-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Not a bad case. Many of the points I agree on. The only problem with the logic is that you don't break the bank for a defensive end. I agree the draft is pretty much a crap shoot and getting a proven quality like Allen isn't a bad way to go but with an unknown quantity at QB isn't it all a moot point?

TJack has yet to prove he can lead the team the playoffs let alone a victory in them. WR's are still questionable as well. Luckily the RB situation is stacked and the left side of the line is solid. A decent RT in the draft and it does give TJack a fighting chance.

I just don't think you mortgage the future with giving up three high draft choices and doll out big bucks to a DE with the a question mark still at the most important position. You do this if it puts you over the top and a superbowl contender. This is Redskin-esq mentality and one that has led them down a dark road.

I agree for the most part. But the Redskins never had AP to build around.

red
04-23-2008, 04:31 PM
it is a good deal to get a very young and proven DE. but giving up 3 high picks for him is what bugs me

as packer fans, we've seen what happens when our idiot gm/head coach throws away draft picks like they are nothing

you need those guys to build depth not just to find starters

it is win now or bust for them. other then a couple of guys they haven't had great drafts up to this point and they don't have the young core coming up that you need

in 2 years they could be a 1-15 team with a probowl DE and RB and a bunch of NFLE caliber players

and honestly, i think they were a lot farther away from going to the SB then just a DE

if you want to win now, why not send you #2 to miami for taylor, trade for a nice qb with the #1. and fill in a couple other holes with those #3's

MadtownPacker
04-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Ahh, our old nemesis. Lets hope you can do some real trolling unlike your purple brother Rastak.

As for allen, can someone get him a drink? :twisted: