PDA

View Full Version : Clinton overtakes Obama in popular vote

Harlan Huckleby
04-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Well, only if you count FL & MI. :oops: But I think it's game on.

sheepshead
04-24-2008, 11:27 AM
http://www.exposeobama.com/

sheepshead
04-24-2008, 11:29 AM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_031908/content/01125108.guest.html

Harlan Huckleby
04-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Uhhh, it's gonna be a long fall campaign.

Obama got as many net delegates in a caucus in Idaho as Clinton got in each of her landslide wins in the huge states of Pennsylvania & Ohio. I think it was 6 delegates in each case.

Clinton gets decisive popular vote win in TX, yet the screwball caucus gives Obama significantly more delegates.

Obama's strength has been his excellent organization, and his fanatic following that has allowed him to pack and dominate all the caucuses. The Democratic Primary process that Obama was so well suited to has little relation to the strengths needed to win the general election.

Of course the problem of the SuperDelegates turning to Clinton is that she doesn't necessarily look any stronger for the fall, she's been dusted-up pretty good.

The Dems appear to have been done-in by their terrible nomination process.

But summer is coming. There will be time for tanning, unwinding, casual sex. Perhaps things will look different by the fall.

red
04-24-2008, 12:48 PM

http://bushspeaks.com/img/bush_cheney_naked.jpg

sheepshead
04-24-2008, 02:28 PM

http://bushspeaks.com/img/bush_cheney_naked.jpg

wow, that's creepy!

LL2
04-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Do you think the Dems will know who their candidate is by summer? McCain is sitting pretty right now campaigning and selling himself with no one really attacking him.

BallHawk
04-24-2008, 03:26 PM

It's run by a bunch of conservatives. What do you expect?

Obama has a helluva lotta kinks in his armor but to say he is any less competent than McCain or Clinton is ignorant.

Let's be honest, none of the remaining three are what you would call good candidates.

BallHawk
04-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Do you think the Dems will know who their candidate is by summer? McCain is sitting pretty right now campaigning and selling himself with no one really attacking him.

It'll be over after May 6th, me thinks.

sheepshead
04-24-2008, 04:08 PM

It's run by a bunch of conservatives. What do you expect?

Obama has a helluva lotta kinks in his armor but to say he is any less competent than McCain or Clinton is ignorant.

Let's be honest, none of the remaining three are what you would call good candidates.

Well, how do we know? I live here and he honestly isnt qualified for the job he has. He ran unopposed and hasnt done sh!t here except start to take money from Hollywood and run for president. Nobody in Illinois can name one accomplishment much less anyone anywhere else. McCain is not my first choice either, but this should be a landslide even greater than Reagan's because neither of these two pea brains as any sort of resume to speak of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzFOOcEQtP0

Harlan Huckleby
04-24-2008, 04:16 PM

Compared to who? George Bush & John Kerry? I would say they are impressive. Months of focusing on flaws just knocks them down.

texaspackerbacker
04-24-2008, 09:03 PM
As a conservative, of course, I'm all about dragging this Democrat debacle out as long as possible--Rush's Operation Chaos, and ending up with the weaker of the two candidates getting the nomination.

That used to seem like it would be Hillary, for sure--with all her negatives. Now, it isn't quite so clear.

My worst nightmare--which seemed way too likely--was that the leftist mainstream media would let Obama skate all the way to the White House without being exposed for the horrendous extremist he is. Rush Limbaugh or any other conservatives accurately portraying him wouldn't resonate with enough people. They would be basically preaching to the choir. However, a sizeable faction of that leftist media still is loyal to the Clintons--or at very least, journalistically objective when the alternatives are both liberal. Thus, thanks, ultimately, to Hillary, America will likely be spared the abomination that is Obama-nation.

And with any luck at all, we will be spared both of them.

Harlan Huckleby
04-25-2008, 08:16 PM
let Obama skate all the way to the White House without being exposed for the horrendous extremist he is.

Obama is no extremist. He's a thinner and cooler version of John Kerry. He's a politician, he has associated with certain people (like Rev Wright) because they have money or influence to help him build his base. Most politicians accumulate a few bad eggs in their basket, so what.

Obama has more money to spend than he can use. He has the backing of most of the Democratic establishment, they have rallied behind him in their own career interest. Most importantly, he has had the entire liberal wing of the press corp in his back pocket, energetically working to smear Clinton and paper-over his missteps.

Yet he can't squash Clinton. Why? Most Dems know Clinton can't win, yet they resist the all-but-inevitable choice of Obama. I think older voters deeply resent Obamamania, the arrogance, the children of the light. It's Mac vrs. PC.

Obama is a paper tiger for the fall.

the_idle_threat
04-25-2008, 09:03 PM
^^^ It's a heartwarming story, really.

texaspackerbacker
04-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Obama is no extremist? Come on! Everything he is for and everything he is against says he is the consummate extremist.

The guy would negotiate from trust--not strength--with terrorist enemies like Iran. He would unilaterally pursue a policy of defeat--providing the enemy with a timetable for American withdrawal in Iraq. He would reduce the level of an American dominance type foreign policy in favor of yielding to the UN and other international organizations, even on issues of American security.

He would turn back the clock to the Jimmy Carter era with extremes of tax and spend liberal programs--starting with NOT renewing the Bush tax cuts. Based on his votes and statements, he would reverse security policies--the other part of the formula for success in preventing terrorism. He would stop harsh treatment and interrogation of terrorist prisoners and foist them onto OUR American judicial system and give them OUR right of due process, to which they are NOT entitled. He would overhaul our healthcare system in a way that would make access and choice extremely much less for the great majority of Americans, as well as jeopardizing pharmaceutical research by American companies. He is right there with Ted Kennedy on amnesty for illegals.

And the frosting on the cake, he would appoint the rottenest of liberal judges and justices that would have a harmful effect on America for a generation.

Obama most certainly IS an extremist of the WORST kind--the ANTI-AMERICAN kind. And that is without even bringing up Wright or Ayres or Jane Fonda.

red
04-25-2008, 11:21 PM
i have an honest question for you tex

seeings how you're way far to the right

can you stand ann coulter? or do you feel like she's an obnoxious bitch like the people on the left do?

i can't see how anyone from any side could stand her and not want to shoot her

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2008, 11:22 PM

can you stand ann coulter? or do you feel like she's an obnoxious bitch like the people on the left do?

Poll question: who is more obnoxious, Ann Coulter or Michael Moore?

red
04-25-2008, 11:31 PM

to me its coulter, because moore at least sometimes shuts up in interviews and lets others talk(sometimes, not always), and he does seem to know a bit about what he's talking about. he might even do research

coulter just never shuts up, and she just makes the most insane shit up right out of the air with absolutely nothing to support her

and what qualifies her to be a spokes person? did she do something that qualifies her to be in politics? she seems like the spoiled silver spoon in ass type that has always gotten what she wanted by bitching and crying until other give in

and moores really not on the news channels all the time and on the radio spewing his shit like ann is

you usually only hear what moore thinks when you choose to go see his movies, or buy his books

the right shoves coulter down your gullet at every turn it seems

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2008, 11:36 PM

to me its coulter, because moore at least sometimes shuts up in interviews and lets others talk(sometimes, not always), and he does seem to know a bit about what he's talking about. he might even do research

coulter just never shuts up, and she just makes the most insane shit up right out of the air with absolutely nothing to support her

and what qualifies her to be a spokes person? did she do something that qualifies her to be in politics? she seems like the spoiled silver spoon in ass type that has always gotten what she wanted by bitching and crying until other give in

and moores really not on the news channels all the time and on the radio spewing his shit like ann is

One is a liberal man and the other is a conservative woman. That's the only difference I see. They both make tons of money from being obnoxious. Moore isn't on TV because he can make a ton of money making "documentaries" full of half truths and outright lies. Neither are qualified. Coulter is probably a silver spoon. I don't know her background. Moore is just a complete turd.

GrnBay007
04-25-2008, 11:42 PM
has always gotten what she wanted by bitching and crying until other give in

That's wrong? :shock:

:P

red
04-25-2008, 11:45 PM
i guess that is the womanly way :D

texaspackerbacker
04-25-2008, 11:53 PM
The better comparison to Ann Coulter would be Bill Maher.

First of all, red, I'd never deny being conservative; I wouldn't even deny being "way out on the right" or whatever it was you said, but with this important stipulation. Rarely, I espouse some much more extreme views than other times--like advocating a Pax Americana by nuclear intimidation, and a few other things like that which will never happen, and which admittedly, are "way out on the right".

The great great majority of what I write, however, is NOT all that extreme at all, unless the reader happens to be extreme on the other/wrong point of view. Being patriotic, pro-American, pro-Christian, stating that America is the force for good in a good versus evil world, loving free enterprise capitalism, wanting lower taxes and less of the government sticking its nose in our business, being against abortion, the gay agenda, etc., opposing amnesty for illegals, etc., THOSE THINGS pretty much make up my views, and it's my contention that anybody who sees those as anything other than NORMAL and fairly moderate is himself an extremist on the left. What have you got to say about that, red?

Now to Ann Coulter, I honestly haven't had many occasions to listen to her. With the exception of Rush and Hannity, I generally listen more to the "bad guys and gals" than the good ones. What I have heard from Ann, however, is a degree of nastiness and sarcasm, but aimed at people who generally deserve to have that sort of thing aimed at them. She is radically pro-American and blatantly tough, even mean to haters of America.

That is in stark contrast to Maher and Olberman and probably a few others on the left who are every bit as mean-spirited and nasty, but in an irrational and anti-American way. Yet, I actually listen to them more than her--kind of a "know thy enemy" type thing.

red
04-26-2008, 12:01 AM
fair enough, thanks for the honest answer

Harlan Huckleby
04-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Obama is no extremist? Come on! Everything he is for and everything he is against says he is the consummate extremist.

The guy would negotiate from trust--not strength--with terrorist enemies like Iran. He would unilaterally pursue a policy of defeat--providing the enemy with a timetable for American withdrawal in Iraq. He would reduce the level of an American dominance type foreign policy in favor of yielding to the UN and other international organizations, even on issues of American security.

He would turn back the clock to the Jimmy Carter era with extremes of tax and spend liberal programs--starting with NOT renewing the Bush tax cuts. Based on his votes and statements, he would reverse security policies--the other part of the formula for success in preventing terrorism. He would stop harsh treatment and interrogation of terrorist prisoners and foist them onto OUR American judicial system and give them OUR right of due process, to which they are NOT entitled. He would overhaul our healthcare system in a way that would make access and choice extremely much less for the great majority of Americans, as well as jeopardizing pharmaceutical research by American companies. He is right there with Ted Kennedy on amnesty for illegals.

And the frosting on the cake, he would appoint the rottenest of liberal judges and justices that would have a harmful effect on America for a generation.

Obama most certainly IS an extremist of the WORST kind--the ANTI-AMERICAN kind. And that is without even bringing up Wright or Ayres or Jane Fonda.

Tex, you exaggerate Obama's positions. But never mind that, your core theory appears to be that the public is hungry for a continuation of the policies of the Bush years.

If you volunteer for the McCain campaign, I suspect they will not tap you for public relations work - manning the phone lines, writing letters to the editor, and such. More likely they'll have you in a back room stuffing envelopes or assembling yard signs.

Harlan Huckleby
04-26-2008, 08:27 AM
I think Michael Moore is an incredibly talented film maker. Some of his films are more honest in presenting the facts than others, but they are all entertaining.

And I like Ann Coulter. She says funny stuff, and there is a need for people to say the uncomfortable things that other people are thinking, even if it is offensive. Somebody has to call John Edwards a fag.

texaspackerbacker
04-27-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm not all that thrilled with McCain--just as the runaway choice of LEAST of 3 evils.

What did I exaggerate about Obama? Most if not all of the horrendous positions I attributed to him are based on his own statements, and in fact, probably he and his loony followers would embrace those extremist positions.

packinpatland
04-27-2008, 03:30 PM
i guess that is the womanly way :D

:shock: