PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Robot, You're a Robot, We are all Robots

Anti-Polar Bear
06-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Working. Makes. Us. All. Robots.

You either are a robot or you are a savage. In a capitalist society that is known as Western Civilization, survival befits robots more than savages. Long-term pleasure favors robots more than savages. That's why people chose to become robots: for survival and for pleasure.

Needs more internship credits to graduate, hopefully next May. So went and got a job. 9-5. Will be working until August. I hate it. O brave new world that has robots in it!

Goodnite. I have to wake up early to go back to being a robot trm. :sad:

Harlan Huckleby
06-01-2006, 11:27 PM
working sucks horribly. But the world can't help it, it needs drones.

Get a hot dog cart. Sell brats instead of dawgs.

Or come up with a great infomercial. Sell a penis reducer. Sure, it's a miniscule market, but you'll have it all to yourself.

GrnBay007
06-01-2006, 11:54 PM
LOL! I'm sorry Tank.......but it is just so cute to see YOU bitching about having to work. Tell us.....is this your first job-like experience ever? :razz:

RashanGary
06-02-2006, 02:03 AM

You either are a robot or you are a savage. In a capitalist society that is known as Western Civilization, survival befits robots more than savages. Long-term pleasure favors robots more than savages. That's why people chose to become robots: for survival and for pleasure.

Needs more internship credits to graduate, hopefully next May. So went and got a job. 9-5. Will be working until August. I hate it. O brave new world that has robots in it!

Tank,

I've had the same exact thoughts more than once. I have so much responsibility now that I don't have time to dwell on the things that used to occupy my mind. When I laid down at night, I used to think about so many things that had nothing to do with my life. I just loved to learn and loved to think. Now, I just need to relax and sleep. I think about reponsibilities or just about some Packer shit to help me unwind from the weight that is on my shoulders. It's not sad because I get alot of rewards, but the thinker in me is dead for now. Is it growing up? I guess that's what most would call it. Homer Simpson calls it being crushed by the weight of the world.

Partial
06-02-2006, 02:34 AM
I look forward to working. I have so much more structure and get much more stuff done. I start my internship Monday.

Plus, all the work will help me get a sexy new http://www.apple.com/macbook

Deputy Nutz
06-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Quotes from Office Space: Read and learn

Peter Gibbons: I don't like my job and I don't think I'll go anymore.
Joanna: You're just not gonna go?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Joanna: Won't you get fired?
Peter Gibbons: I don't know. But I really don't like it and, uh, I'm not gonna go.
Joanna: So you're gonna quit?
Peter Gibbons: Uh-uh. Not really. I'm just gonna stop going.
Joanna: When did you decide all that?
Peter Gibbons: About an hour ago.
Joanna: So you're going to get another job?
Peter Gibbons: I don't think I'll like another job.
Joanna: Well what are you going to do about money? Bills?
Peter Gibbons: You know I never really liked paying bills, I don't think I'm going to do that either.

In 5 short days, they can take my job and shove it. Because I ain't working here no more.

Deputy Nutz
06-02-2006, 09:13 AM
More OS quotes,

Peter Gibbons: It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

Bob: Looks like you've been missing quite a bit of work lately.
Peter Gibbons: Well, I wouldn't say I've been MISSING it, Bob.

Peter Gibbons: So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.
Therapist: What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Therapist: Wow, that's messed up!

jack's smirking revenge
06-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Office Space is da bomb. Good quotes Nutz!

I realized the other day how little of my time I have to myself anymore, what with the 9-5, a virtual family, projects like websites and the band. It's just crazy. I need the ganja just to keep me sane because being a robot is definitely driving me nuts.

tyler

Anti-Polar Bear
06-02-2006, 02:31 PM
I need the ganja just to keep me sane because being a robot is definitely driving me nuts.

tyler

Yeah...thank God for weekends. Weekends is when i can smoke all the buds i want and sleep in til 4 in the afternoon. Today is Friday so I am excited.

jack's smirking revenge
06-02-2006, 02:35 PM
I need the ganja just to keep me sane because being a robot is definitely driving me nuts.

tyler

Yeah...thank God for weekends. Weekends is when i can smoke all the buds i want and sleep in til 4 in the afternoon. Today is Friday so I am excited.

I am quite jealous. I can obliterate myself, but I still get up around 9. I can't remember the last time I slept the day away. I could use one of those.... ENJOY!

tyler

MateoInMex
06-03-2006, 01:19 AM
That was an awesome movie....here are a few quick clips!!!

http://www.garnersclassics.com/wavs/office/posfax.wav

http://www.garnersclassics.com/wavs/office/ohoh.wav

http://www.garnersclassics.com/wavs/office/mrsamir.wav

http://www.garnersclassics.com/wavs/office/fuckinga.wav

http://www.garnersclassics.com/wavs/office/pcloadletter.wav

Scott Campbell
06-03-2006, 10:08 AM

Don't sweat it Tank. In 30 or 40 years you can retire and smoke all the weed you like. Seriously, I hope you find a job you like. Nobody deserves to go through life dreading each day.

Tarlam!
06-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Again, I disagree with Tank. I just started a new job on June 1st. It has one major downside - it takes away my PR time!

But, that aside, I am having the time of my life! I have 20 in my team and am working with them on restructuring our department. No, nobody is in danger of losing there job!

The input from my team is overwhelming, and they are really talented people that have just been waiting to be asked what needed changing!

Anyways, I am on my first 100 days, so let's see how it pans out....

Partial
06-05-2006, 11:19 AM
first day on the summer job and nothing but data entry. good god this is terrible compared to last summer!

Deputy Nutz
06-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Tarlam is a damn fool. Nobody listen to him about work. God I can't believe it, I would actually side with Tank on the work issue.

Tarlam!
06-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Tarlam is a damn fool. Nobody listen to him about work. God I can't believe it, I would actually side with Tank on the work issue.

Hahahahahahahah. Nutz is just jealous! So is Tank. So is Partial!

I have the best job...Hahahahaahahahahahahahah. My team is the best team. Hahahahaahhahahahaahahaha.

I am a fool....Hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha.

:shock: Nutz may be right. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anti-Polar Bear
06-05-2006, 04:26 PM
first day on the summer job and nothing but data entry. good god this is terrible compared to last summer!

I had to do that stuff my first 3 days on the job.

MadtownPacker
06-05-2006, 06:35 PM
I had to do that stuff my first 3 days on the job.Let me guess, you found out the guy in charge likes to blow dank? Haha, those are the best jobs. Biggest problem ends up being that you have to make sure you keep him hooked up with the best sheeze.

retailguy
06-05-2006, 07:29 PM

So.... they didn't recognize your superior liberal agenda and made you start at the BOTTOM OF THE COMPANY? There just is no justice. Us evil conservative business owners just cannot see how closed minded we are..... :wink:

BTW - I just hired an extreme liberal 'gay' guy to do data input and help with settlement calls for an attorney that is one of my clients. He'll do fine, but he honestly doesn't understand why he has to do that data input.

My response was, "that's what I hired you for"...... And how do I know he's gay? Simple, he has a framed picture of his boyfriend and him - shirtless - draped all over one another.....displayed proudly on his desk. Whatever. Just keypunch the stuff and we'll get along just fine.....

Oh, and how do I know he's an extreme liberal? He has 3 bumper stickers on his Volkswagon Rabbit diesel - not including the prominent "biodiesel" sticker. The first is "Ralph Nader for President" (yeah, right), the second says "ELF is NOT a terrorist organization", and the third says, "Visualize World Peace".

Not someone that I am likely to take political advice from.... :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
06-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Retail, you're not in DC are you?

retailguy
06-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Retail, you're not in DC are you?

No, but almost as bad. I'm in the conservative hinterlands of Western Washington, but my client is in downtown Seattle. They have more than a few gay liberals, I'd think..... :wink:

MJZiggy
06-05-2006, 08:26 PM
No, for a minute I was worried you'd hired Tank! :wink:

Anti-Polar Bear
06-05-2006, 10:29 PM

So.... they didn't recognize your superior liberal agenda and made you start at the BOTTOM OF THE COMPANY? There just is no justice. Us evil conservative business owners just cannot see how closed minded we are..... :wink:

BTW - I just hired an extreme liberal 'gay' guy to do data input and help with settlement calls for an attorney that is one of my clients. He'll do fine, but he honestly doesn't understand why he has to do that data input.

My response was, "that's what I hired you for"...... And how do I know he's gay? Simple, he has a framed picture of his boyfriend and him - shirtless - draped all over one another.....displayed proudly on his desk. Whatever. Just keypunch the stuff and we'll get along just fine.....

Oh, and how do I know he's an extreme liberal? He has 3 bumper stickers on his Volkswagon Rabbit diesel - not including the prominent "biodiesel" sticker. The first is "Ralph Nader for President" (yeah, right), the second says "ELF is NOT a terrorist organization", and the third says, "Visualize World Peace".

Not someone that I am likely to take political advice from.... :mrgreen:

I've been in the heartland of the nation's capital for a couple of years now and here's what I learn: it isn't very often, if ever, you'll find some one who is gay and a conservative at the same time. The closiest you'll ever find a couple is "Lamboo" and "the Pack"at JSO.

As for me, yeah, i hate the data input stuff. But can't complain out loud to the boss, though. I think im there to network, gain some experience, and make my resume look good when i apply for the GM job of the Packers. Believe it or not, i hope to become GM of the Green Bay Packers some day.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-05-2006, 10:35 PM
No, for a minute I was worried you'd hired Tank! :wink:

What the hell? Were u hibernating with the Polar Bear all this time while I was hitting (or at least trying to) on Mazzin? There isn't an ounce of queerness in my blood. My blood runs liberals and as a liberal i say, let queer folks like thompson do what they may, "the cat will mew and the dog will have his day." (note: i am speaking of thompson's sexual preference)

BooHoo
06-11-2006, 08:56 PM
Not a robot. "I am the walrus." Okay, showing my age (sorry).