PDA

View Full Version : What if Matt Ryan slips?

packrulz
04-25-2008, 07:28 AM
A lot of scouts aren't sold on Matt Ryan, some even think Brohm is a better QB, I think there's a good chance he could slip like Brady Quinn did last year. If so, what do you think TT will do? I think he would draft him, ARod wouldn't like it but they need more than one QB and they need to draft one this year so...

Guiness
04-25-2008, 07:57 AM
Current thinking certainly has Brohm slipping, not Ryan.

Regardless, I don't see the Pack picking either of them. If one of them slips, it means either Atl or Balt didn't get a QB yet...and they'll come knocking.

Scott Campbell
04-25-2008, 08:01 AM
I'd have no problem with Ted taking a QB there - as long as the guy works out.

Fritz
04-25-2008, 09:07 AM
"What if Matt Ryan slips?"

Then he'll fall.

oregonpackfan
04-25-2008, 09:36 AM
Because it would be the first round and most GMs use the "BPA" philosophy, I would take Ryan.

In the long run, he might pan out to be a good QB. As it has been mentioned before, you never know how first round QB picks will turn out. They can be all-Pro successes like Peyton Manning or colossal flops like Ryan Leaf.

ND72
04-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Because it would be the first round and most GMs use the "BPA" philosophy, I would take Ryan.

In the long run, he might pan out to be a good QB. As it has been mentioned before, you never know how first round QB picks will turn out. They can be all-Pro successes like Peyton Manning or colossal flops like Ryan Leaf.

No matter how much it makes sense with the BPA, I have 2 words for you, Justin Harrell.

Nobody knows where TT has him rated. AND, you have to know that Teddy thinks so highly of Aaron Rodgers that he wouldn't do it. He would use his words he said last year in that there would be a good amount of players behind Ryan that he could afford to trade back and still get that guy he wanted.

Ryan will still go top 10, no question there, but IF any of the other top QB's are still around, I really think Teddy trades back.

Chubbyhubby
04-25-2008, 10:00 AM
A lot of scouts aren't sold on Matt Ryan, some even think Brohm is a better QB, I think there's a good chance he could slip like Brady Quinn did last year. If so, what do you think TT will do? I think he would draft him, ARod wouldn't like it but they need more than one QB and they need to draft one this year so...

I see what your getting at. In 2005 when we drafted Aaron Rodgers, He was rated near the top of all QB's that year. We picked #26 and he fell to in our laps. I would take him if he falls to us at 30. However with that said, This year there are so many teams in front of us that are looking for a Top Tier QB and Ryan is in that class in my opinion, I doubt he will be wearing Green and Gold next season. Besides when did TT ever pick a high profile pick in the first round since he was took charge in GB? I mean We drafted a guy Justin Harwell last year who ever heard of him? Should be an interesting draft.

woodbuck27
04-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Current thinking certainly has Brohm slipping, not Ryan.

Regardless, I don't see the Pack picking either of them. If one of them slips, it means either Atl or Balt didn't get a QB yet...and they'll come knocking.

He won't slip past the Ravens or a lot of " the EXPERTS " are out to lunch.

Dabaddestbear
04-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Unlike the year when Rodgers was drafted, there are too many teams looking to upgrade a QB in this draft. There is no way that Ryan would ever make it out of the top 10.

Chester Marcol
04-25-2008, 12:51 PM
"What if Matt Ryan slips?"

Then he'll fall.

What if he falls in the forest? Would he make a sound?

Fritz
04-25-2008, 01:02 PM

I see what your getting at. In 2005 when we drafted Aaron Rodgers, He was rated near the top of all QB's that year. We picked #26 and he fell to in our laps. I would take him if he falls to us at 30. However with that said, This year there are so many teams in front of us that are looking for a Top Tier QB and Ryan is in that class in my opinion, I doubt he will be wearing Green and Gold next season. Besides when did TT ever pick a high profile pick in the first round since he was took charge in GB? I mean We drafted a guy Justin Harwell last year who ever heard of him? Should be an interesting draft.

That would be Aaron Rodgers in 05. If you recall, in the weeks leading up to the draft the talk was whether Smith or Rodgers would go #1 overall. Rodgers was a very high profile guy that year.

And Hawk was as well the next year.

I'm mystified by those who that that TT wouldn't take Ryan if he were to fall that far (he won't). Hell, he had a hall of fame QB in 05 and he took a high profile guy in the first round. If he really likes Ryan, and he miraculously and mysteriously fell to #30, it would not surprise me at all if TT took the guy. The only scenario where that might not happen is if TT doesn't like Ryan and/or if someone offered TT a ridiculous number of picks to get Ryan.

But it really isn't going to happen.

Gunakor
04-25-2008, 02:36 PM

Nobody heard of Justin Harrell because he was injured for the majority of his senior year. The year before, he was healthy and he was a BEAST. Shanahan made it quite clear that if we hadn't selected him at #16 then Denver was going to take him at #17. Scouts definitely knew who he was. Just relax on the whole Justin Harrell thing. He'll be fine.

the_idle_threat
04-25-2008, 08:36 PM

Nobody heard of Justin Harrell because he was injured for the majority of his senior year. The year before, he was healthy and he was a BEAST. Shanahan made it quite clear that if we hadn't selected him at #16 then Denver was going to take him at #17. Scouts definitely knew who he was. Just relax on the whole Justin Harrell thing. He'll be fine.

Yeah, but CH is clearly talking about a guy named Justin Harwell. You have to admit that nobody's heard of that guy.

Joemailman
04-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Based on recent history, Ryan won't slip unless someone take Brohm very early ahead of Ryan. It's been the #2 QB who has slipped. In 2005, Alex Smith went #1, and Aaron Rodgers slipped to #24. In 2006, Vince Young went #3 and Leinart slipped to #10. In 2007, Russell went #1 and Brady Quinn slipped to #22.