PDA

View Full Version : 2008 OFFICIAL DRAFT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

red
04-25-2008, 09:12 PM
HA, suckers, i can't believe none of you guys have made this yet

i'll have the longest thread in rats history

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

BTW, awesome new banner mad, big thumbs up

Joemailman
04-25-2008, 09:17 PM
For some reason I'm starting to think if #30 isn't a CB, it will be Sam Baker.

RashanGary
04-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Um, Rastak has been doing this for a couple years.

WTF man?

WTF!

red
04-25-2008, 09:19 PM

WTF man?

WTF!

oh screw him, its about time a real packer fan started this thread

not some bitter troll

Joemailman
04-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Besides, Vikes don't have a 1st round pick, so Ras won't care until sometime Saturday night.

MadtownPacker
04-25-2008, 09:25 PM

WTF man?

WTF!

not some bitter trollPendejo!!! You do know that the team of the poster who starts the draft thread is doomed on draft day from here until eternity right?

Why the hell else you think we let him do it??

red
04-25-2008, 09:28 PM

WTF man?

WTF!

not some bitter trollPendejo!!! You do know that the team of the poster who starts the draft thread is doomed on draft day from here until eternity right?

Why the hell else you think we let him do it??

hey, you let him start it last year, and what the hell happened????????????

justin freaking harrell.

i buried my grandmother the day of the draft last year

the harrell pick might have been the worst part of my day

Brando19
04-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Oh shiznit...the Cowboys are already trading....From PFT:

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that the Dallas Cowboys have traded linebacker Akin Ayodele and tight end Anthony Fasano to the Miami Dolphins.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Cowboys will receive a fourth-round pick in exchange for the two players.

Ayodele was signed as a free agent from the Jaguars in 2006. His role became uncertain after the Cowboys signed veteran Zach Thomas. But Ayodele vowed to keep his starting job. “I’m going into the season like it’s my position,” Ayodele said. “I am the starter and nothing has changed.”

Fasano was a second-round draft pick in 2006.

BallHawk
04-25-2008, 09:33 PM
DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE!

ND72
04-25-2008, 09:34 PM
well I'm for sure pumped now. it took a while, but now that it is here, it's time to go! And since I will officially state that I have no idea what we are doing in this years draft, I'm not even going to make any proclamations.

red
04-25-2008, 09:37 PM
well I'm for sure pumped now. it took a while, but now that it is here, it's time to go! And since I will officially state that I have no idea what we are doing in this years draft, I'm not even going to make any proclamations.

i feel the exact same way ND

yesterday i finally started to get really excited

and i have no clue what going to happen tomorrow

but thats fine, because TT doesn't know yet either i'm sure

Rastak
04-25-2008, 09:39 PM
The dreaded curse is now upon you.

Looking forward to the draft.....curse or no curse it should be fun.

ND72
04-25-2008, 09:39 PM

i feel the exact same way ND

yesterday i finally started to get really excited

and i have no clue what going to happen tomorrow

but thats fine, because TT doesn't know yet either i'm sure

Had me until the last line. If there is one thing I'm sure of with Teddy, is he knows exactly what he's doing. Even his first year as GM, even though I had no idea who any of the guys were that he drafted, there was a sense of he knew what he was doing and was sticking exactly to a plan of his.

red
04-25-2008, 09:40 PM

you guys have a clue what you're doing?

oh yeah, you only have like 1 pick........

and one drunk

Rastak
04-25-2008, 09:43 PM

and one drunk

Listen, you want to be an asshole? That's cool. Did I fuck with you recently?

Enjoy the draft.

red
04-25-2008, 09:44 PM

and one drunk

Listen, you want to be an asshole? That's cool. Did I fuck with you recently?

Enjoy the draft.

that was just a dickish joke

i got nothing against you ras

you better stick around for the draft

i'm just giddy cause its draft day eve

ND72
04-25-2008, 09:46 PM
seriously ladies, can we stay focused... :evil: :x

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that the Dallas Cowboys have traded linebacker Akin Ayodele and tight end Anthony Fasano to the Miami Dolphins.

Seems like a good trade for the Dolphins. Fasano isn't a world beater, but he should beat out David Martin. Ayodele is a decent starter. Parcells knows these guys and how they might fit in Miami.

red
04-25-2008, 10:35 PM

Seems like a good trade for the Dolphins. Fasano isn't a world beater, but he should beat out David Martin. Ayodele is a decent starter. Parcells knows these guys and how they might fit in Miami.and he got them both for only 1 fourth rounder

you can't bitch about that

Bretsky
04-25-2008, 10:49 PM
I thought Red was already looking for advice for next year's fantasy football :wink:

Lurker64
04-25-2008, 10:50 PM

Last year, that curse got you Adrian Peterson. I can only hope we're just as cursed ;).

BF4MVP
04-25-2008, 10:51 PM
AQIB TALIB!!!!!!!!

BF4MVP
04-25-2008, 10:51 PM
There seems to be some animosity on this board tonight :?

Can't we all just et along??

Bretsky
04-25-2008, 10:53 PM
AQIB TALIB!!!!!!!!

Great Talent

I went out on a limb saying this was a guy I really liked if he slipped

Two days later news came out that he was smoking plenty of pot in college

I hope I didn't put the Odell curse on him

red
04-25-2008, 10:55 PM
There seems to be some animosity on this board tonight :?

Can't we all just et along??

yeah, i tried to make honest pokes at ras, like we always do

i didn't know someone had already wound him up too tight

cpk1994
04-25-2008, 10:57 PM
Lets try to lighten things up here. When TT makes his choice tomorrow and we all go WTF? remember that things could be worse. I present the long line of WTF picks from the New York Jets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

red
04-25-2008, 10:58 PM
AQIB TALIB!!!!!!!!

Great Talent

he seems like darren sharper to me

he's either going to make the big play, or give up the big play

red
04-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Lets try to lighten things up here. When TT makes his choice tomorrow and we all go WTF? remember that things could be worse. I present the long line of WTF picks from the New York Jets:

i've watched that like 10 times the last 2 days. i can't get enough of it

its also fun watching the reaction of miami fans last year when the ginn pick came

RashanGary
04-25-2008, 11:01 PM
In the spirit of draft day, I will propose my mock draft. My goal was to find guys with high talent and high production. It seems TT tends to pick guys who have done it and have the skills to do it on the next level. It sounds like a common sense thing, but high talent guys that produced are pretty rare. I think I have a pretty good group of them here.

1st – WR James Hardy - Dominate player at IU (especially in the redzone).

2nd – OT Anthony Collins – All Big 12 selection. Outland Trophy nominee. 1st round talent, came out a year early but is a nice blend of production and talent, just needs polish.

2nd – DE Brian Johnston – Could be steal of the draft

3rd – CB Chevis Jackson – He is one of the best corners in this draft. Just didn't run as fast as the bad corners so they moved up and he moved down

4th – OG/OT John Greco – Loads of experience. Has a chance to beat out Coston, Colledge or Barbre

4th comp – CB Brandon Carr – One of the most productive DII corners, with all the measurables to boot

5th – QB Dennis Dixon – Talented player. A good match with McCarthy.

7th – OLB Andy Studebaker - 17.5 sacks last year. Big. Fast. Strong. Should be good on ST’s even if he never makes it as a LB.

red
04-25-2008, 11:07 PM
hardy also has off field issues, somethinh TT tries to stay away from in the draft

TT like to draft high character, hard working team leader type of guys

you look at the draft two years ago, almost every player we drafted except for cory rodgers, was said to be a team leader and a hard worker, same with harrell last year, hard worker, team leader.

RashanGary
04-25-2008, 11:15 PM
You're probably right, Red.

We'll see how it goes though. Thompson does seem to be enamoured by big time talent. He was one of two GM's interested in Moss. He went out and got Woodson. It's not like he's only getting boyscouts. To me Hardy is one of the only top 10 talents being talked about as late as we pick. I consider him right up there in that next group after Long, Long, Dorsey, Ryan, McFAdden and Ellis.

red
04-25-2008, 11:24 PM
You're probably right, Red.

We'll see how it goes though. Thompson does seem to be enamoured by big time talent. He was one of two GM's interested in Moss. He went out and got Woodson. It's not like he's only getting boyscouts. To me Hardy is one of the only top 10 talents being talked about as late as we pick. I consider him right up there in that next group after Long, Long, Dorsey, Ryan, McFAdden and Ellis.

its one thing to get proven talent like woodson, moss, and even the queens with allen.

its another thing to get a high risk guy that has shown no nfl talent yet

Chubbyhubby
04-25-2008, 11:29 PM
I am looking forward to the draft tomrrow. Should be alot of fun!

GrnBay007
04-25-2008, 11:37 PM
What time does this actually start tomorrow?

I don't care about all the pimpin pre-draft stuff

Lurker64
04-25-2008, 11:43 PM

2 PM central, I think. We should pick around 5:30-6 PM.

GrnBay007
04-25-2008, 11:45 PM

Thanks

red
04-25-2008, 11:46 PM

did you take into account the new time between picks for that?

GrnBay007
04-25-2008, 11:50 PM
New time between picks?

swede
04-25-2008, 11:54 PM
New time between picks?
It's ten minutes in the first round this year.

red
04-25-2008, 11:55 PM
New time between picks?

yeah, i think that they changed the time from 15 minutes to 10 minutes between picks in the first round

Lurker64
04-26-2008, 12:17 AM

I was being pessimistic, but if you want a more accurate number:

If we assume the Miami pick happens right away, there are 28 10-minute intervals between pick before we pick. That'll pretty much all get used, this is the first round. So we'll be waiting at least 280 minutes, (3 hours and 40 minutes). When you count in the fact that the 10 minute timer only starts when the last pick is announced, and take time out of that for the guy to saunter to the podium and for TV time outs or something, I'd say that a 5:30 PM - 6 PM estimate isn't actually all that unreasonable.

BF4MVP
04-26-2008, 01:25 AM
AQIB TALIB!!!!!!!!

Great Talent

Well, you could look at it that way, or you could give yourself a pat on the back for cursing him because he probably would have no chance of slipping if it weren't for the pot smoking :lol:

I'm hoping the Packers take him anyways..I just wouldn't pass up on his talent..Talentwise, he's lightyears ahead of any of the corners available to us and would be a great value at 30..

Plus, I've read that he's been clean since his girlfriend gave birth to their child last year, or something like that..I don't know how much truth there is to it, but we shall see what happens.

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2008, 01:31 AM
I'm really hoping we pass on a corner in round 1. It sounds like any player available to us in round 1 would be a 2nd round talent. Talib might be a first round talent (I say might because I don't think scouts think he's an upper echelon prospect--even without the pot smoking), but we don't need to deal with the character issues. From there, it's pretty deep and you can pick up a similar player a round or two later.

Guiness
04-26-2008, 04:07 AM
lol at 10h to go, and at three pages!!!

red
04-26-2008, 06:46 AM
I'm really hoping we pass on a corner in round 1. It sounds like any player available to us in round 1 would be a 2nd round talent. Talib might be a first round talent (I say might because I don't think scouts think he's an upper echelon prospect--even without the pot smoking), but we don't need to deal with the character issues. From there, it's pretty deep and you can pick up a similar player a round or two later.

pick number 30 = 1 pick away from round two. any player that would be available there in a perfect draft senario, would be borderline round 2 talent anyways

its like saying how old you are. when people are 1 month away from their, say, 40th birthday, why not say they're 40. there closer to 40 then they are to being 39

pack4to84
04-26-2008, 07:23 AM
prediction for 1st rd pick = trade to Atlanta for 2 2nd rd picks. This what I am hoping for.

RashanGary
04-26-2008, 07:45 AM

I was being pessimistic, but if you want a more accurate number:

If we assume the Miami pick happens right away, there are 28 10-minute intervals between pick before we pick. That'll pretty much all get used, this is the first round. So we'll be waiting at least 280 minutes, (3 hours and 40 minutes). When you count in the fact that the 10 minute timer only starts when the last pick is announced, and take time out of that for the guy to saunter to the podium and for TV time outs or something, I'd say that a 5:30 PM - 6 PM estimate isn't actually all that unreasonable.

280/60 = 4.66 = 4 hours and 40 minutes. You're off by an hour. I'm going to guess it's between 6:40 and 6:50. Boy, Lurker, you're awfully good at poking holes in someone elses canoe, but when you build your own it's not very sturdy ;)

Bretsky
04-26-2008, 07:46 AM

This seems to be the one draft where it is too easy to just trade down; hopefully one of those teams loves a QB and wants to jump past Miami.

At pick 30, I think we'll have a boatload of prospects that are projected round two.

I'd be fine with Cason or Talib; Talib might be the guy that falls due to the weeding

red
04-26-2008, 07:47 AM
prediction for 1st rd pick = trade to Atlanta for 2 2nd rd picks. This what I am hoping for.

lol, why not trade our 1st for their 2 firsts why we're at it

if TT got both their seconds he would be arrested, and atlanta would be kicked out of the nfl for being insane

theres no way that happens

the only chance this has is if we also throw in one of our seconds. we would end up with 37, 48, and 60. instead of 30, 56, and 60

that doesn't look better at all

chain_gang
04-26-2008, 07:52 AM
Alright, It's finally draft day. YAY!!!! This is like a Holiday for me. Everyone enjoy the draft.

Only thing that sucks is I like the old start time a lot better than this 2pm(CDT) crap.

Every year I have a player that I really hope the Packers draft in round one. It usually never happens. Last year it was Dwayne Bowe. This year it's Kenny Phillips.

I still say if DRC fell to 17 or 18, I wouldn't mind a big trade up(won't happen of course). I remember back in Oct. and Nov. when he was projected to be at the very highest a late 2nd round pick, just goes to show what a solid performance in the senior bowl, combine, and pro day can do for your draft stock.

red
04-26-2008, 08:04 AM
our second round picks aren't going to happen until like 10 tonight

thats bs

this catering to the west coast is for the birds. why she we be punished because they decided to live way over there, 2 time zones away

honestly, i don't see whats wrong with the draft starting at 10 am on the west coast. think about those poor bastards on the east coast. the draft isn't going to end until like midnight

red
04-26-2008, 08:16 AM
does anyone know when wtmj's coverage starts today?

Bretsky
04-26-2008, 08:18 AM

Today brings the first day that Packers GM Ted Thompson gets to set the post-Brett Favre personnel wheels in motion.
Green Bay Packers NFL Draft Party
Continuing Coverage at 1:00 p.m. on 620WTMJ and throughout the NFL Draft on 620wtmj.com.

chain_gang
04-26-2008, 08:18 AM
I could see the draft starting later if it was held on the west coast, but if it's on the east coast why not keep the time the same.

Have they said anymore about moving the draft from New York, and going to a city to city version? It's the NFL's last year of their contract at Radio City Music Hall. I like the idea of moving it from city to city.

red
04-26-2008, 08:22 AM

Today brings the first day that Packers GM Ted Thompson gets to set the post-Brett Favre personnel wheels in motion.
Green Bay Packers NFL Draft Party
Continuing Coverage at 1:00 p.m. on 620WTMJ and throughout the NFL Draft on 620wtmj.com.

thanks b. i think i'll have 620 on the computer and the mute on the tv

Bretsky
04-26-2008, 08:22 AM
I could see the draft starting later if it was held on the west coast, but if it's on the east coast why not keep the time the same.

Have they said anymore about moving the draft from New York, and going to a city to city version? It's the NFL's last year of their contract at Radio City Music Hall. I like the idea of moving it from city to city.

I think it was just brought up but nothing serious yet

I'd love to attend one

If I was a Jets fan I'd be one of those nuts screaming at each one

ND72
04-26-2008, 08:27 AM
Here are my picks

1st – OT Sam Baker - USC

2nd – TE Martellus Bennett - Texas A&M

2nd – CB Patrick Lee - Auburn

3rd – S Tom Zbikowski - Notre Dame

4th – QB Kevin O'Connell - San Diego State

4th comp – RB Chaunsey Washington - USC

5th – DT Nick Hayden - Wisconsin

7th – TE Kolo Kapanui - West Texas A&M
Height: 6-3. Weight: 271.
Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
Combine 40 Time: 5.04.
Benchx225: 23. Vertical: 26.5

By the way, I don't expect ANY of these picks to stay the same (as far as when we draft).

chain_gang
04-26-2008, 08:29 AM

I'd love to attend one

I think it'd be an experience to be at one. I would absolutely go if they had it in Green Bay. I think we could make that place rock. After the draft, though, I probably wouldn't be able to talk for a few days, but it'd be worth it for sure. Hope they can make it happen.

red
04-26-2008, 08:31 AM

I'd love to attend one

can you imagine that? the packs pick comes up, and they zoom in on an odd gathering of packer fans that have been drinking for the last 7 hours, and are for some reason dressed in rat costumes

the pick comes up

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

SHOOT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO BACK TO THE PARKING LOT!

sheepshead
04-26-2008, 08:48 AM
Dan Pomeii in the Chi Tribune has
Rodgers-Cromartie falling to us at 30. I havent seen his name that low in months.

sheepshead
04-26-2008, 08:51 AM

I'd love to attend one

I think it'd be an experience to be at one. I would absolutely go if they had it in Green Bay. I think we could make that place rock. After the draft, though, I probably wouldn't be able to talk for a few days, but it'd be worth it for sure. Hope they can make it happen.

I was in NYC last year. It's a big deal and appears to be lots of fun. I just milled around the goings on for a while as we were there celebrating my GF's birthday. I'm wearing my 2007 draft hat as we speak.

The Shadow
04-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Here are my picks

1st – OT Sam Baker - USC

By the way, I don't expect ANY of these picks to stay the same (as far as when we draft).

I like this list a lot more than many I've seen.

red
04-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Dan Pomeii in the Chi Tribune has
Rodgers-Cromartie falling to us at 30. I havent seen his name that low in months.

he was that low before the combine. then he shot up to the 10-15 range

maybe the combine hangover is starting to wear off

i'd love to have DRC, to me he's the best CB prospect in the draft

Guiness
04-26-2008, 08:57 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

SHOOT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO BACK TO THE PARKING LOT!

I'm confused. When did we start talking about my relatives? :glug:

red
04-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Here are my picks

1st – OT Sam Baker - USC

that is a nice looking draft nd, and one that can easily happen

i've become very intrigued recently with zbikowski recently. he caught my attention with the don't call me rudy comment at the combine in the middle of his bench press.

then i started reading more about him and paying more attention.

he seems like a no nonsence guy that will just go out there and bust his ass to do his job.

seems like a TT type of guy to me

ND72
04-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Here are my picks

1st – OT Sam Baker - USC

that is a nice looking draft nd, and one that can easily happen

i've become very intrigued recently with zbikowski recently. he caught my attention with the don't call me rudy comment at the combine in the middle of his bench press.

then i started reading more about him and paying more attention.

he seems like a no nonsence guy that will just go out there and bust his ass to do his job.

seems like a TT type of guy to me

I've always like Zib....I knew his brother in college, played at Winona State. He was a jackass, and hated us :lol: probably because we told him all the time he was just angry his little brother was a better athlete than him :lol:

The Shadow
04-26-2008, 09:18 AM
I think it might be very Ted Thompson-ish to surprise everyone with a choice of S Tyrell Johnson from Arkansas State - and groom him as a corner.

ND72
04-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Donno if any of you just caught this on espn, but they said IF Chad Henne is still on the board at pick #28, expect the Cowboys to trade the pick to the Lions for Roy Williams, and the Lions will draft Chad Henne.

Guiness
04-26-2008, 09:32 AM
Donno if any of you just caught this on espn, but they said IF Chad Henne is still on the board at pick #28, expect the Cowboys to trade the pick to the Lions for Roy Williams, and the Lions will draft Chad Henne.

F@#$ that would be rich. Spend four top ten picks on WR's in five years, then trade the only one that is a proven top fligh player for a QB...

lol - yup, if anyone will do that, the Lions will.

red
04-26-2008, 09:32 AM

i don't get why in the world the lions are so interested in getting rid of williams

they have 2 monster stud wr's on that team right now

you have to find a way to keep them together.

chain_gang
04-26-2008, 09:34 AM

Wow, didn't the Lions just draft Drew Stanton out of Michigan State last year in the second round? Is Henne that much better of a prospect than Stanton was? I could see taking a QB in the second, but to trade up, seems like a stretch.

red
04-26-2008, 09:36 AM

F@#$ that would be rich. Spend four top ten picks on WR's in five years, then trade the only one that is a proven top fligh player for a QB...

lol - yup, if anyone will do that, the Lions will.

you know whats gonna happen right?

the lions are going to trade williams for a mid first rounder, and the draft someone like malcolm kelly

just watch, this is millen we're talking about

Rastak
04-26-2008, 09:46 AM
So, do you guys have any interest in Quentin Groves if he slides to the end of round 1?

ND72
04-26-2008, 09:48 AM
So, do you guys have any interest in Quentin Groves if he slides to the end of round 1?

He shows to be a 3-4 DE/OLB

Rastak
04-26-2008, 09:49 AM

Not real big but fast around the edge. Could end up being a KGB type.

red
04-26-2008, 09:55 AM

Not real big but fast around the edge. Could end up being a KGB type.

thats the problem, we already have a kgb, and honestly, he didn't work out

too much of a liability against the run to be a full-time DE

and i'm not really interested in drafting a guy with our first pick that will only ever end up being that part time player

Rastak
04-26-2008, 10:03 AM
KGB was quite effective for a period of time. Once he got the big contract, maybe expectations grew to the point where he couldn't live up to them. For the money, people expected an every down guy perhaps. I don't know if Groves will be a situational guy but he looks like a pretty good prospect to me. The heart thing is kind of a downer though.

edit: The dude has 74 career sacks (KGB), I wouldn't minimize that.

BallHawk
04-26-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm on the trade-down bandwagon for today.

red
04-26-2008, 10:07 AM
KGB was quite effective for a period of time. Once he got the big contract, maybe expectations grew to the point where he couldn't live up to them. For the money, people expected an every down guy perhaps. I don't know if Groves will be a situational guy but he looks like a pretty good prospect to me. The heart thing is kind of a downer though.

he was effective against the pass, and still is with his one move

but it was no secret to other teams, if you wanted to move the ball, you run at kgb

yeah, the heart thing is very scary. it seems like you have more and more you guys dying from heart problems these days. and this is a guy that you know already has a problem

Lurker64
04-26-2008, 10:09 AM
I just saw on ESPN that our key additions are "none", but last year our key additions were "Frank Walker". Is Brandon Chillar somehow less key than Frank Walker?

Rastak
04-26-2008, 10:10 AM

he was effective against the pass, and still is with his one move

but it was no secret to other teams, if you wanted to move the ball, you run at kgb

yeah, the heart thing is very scary. it seems like you have more and more you guys dying from heart problems these days. and this is a guy that you know already has a problem

Yea, which is why the guy probably should only be out there on 2nd and 3rd down. Anyway, I'm guessing Groves goes in round 2.

BallHawk
04-26-2008, 10:11 AM
I just saw on ESPN that our key additions are "none", but last year our key additions were "Frank Walker". Is Brandon Chillar somehow less key than Frank Walker?

East Coast bias.

red
04-26-2008, 10:11 AM
a name i'll throw out as a possible DE selection in the middle rounds is eric foster, from rutgers

he's short, only 6'1. but he's got those traits TT looks for

heres what draft ace says about him

A nasty player with a motor that never quits. Decent overall athleticism. A true team leader on and off the field. Top intangibles. Adequate speed. Experience at defensive end and tackle. Tremendous strength.

BallHawk
04-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Mort just said that he's heard the Packers' name involved in the Shockey trade talks.

1. This is the first I've heard of this.
2. I want no part of that assclown.

red
04-26-2008, 10:19 AM
mayock just show'd more tape of flowers, and he has us taking him in his last mock

i've seen those clips before, but wow

he's is the one guy i want us to get more then anyone else

i really do think he might be the best cb in this draft

red
04-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Mort just said that he's heard the Packers' name involved in the Shockey trade talks.

ditto, to both

BallHawk
04-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Reports now say Chris Long will be the #2 Pick.

red
04-26-2008, 10:21 AM

good, lets get this shit rolling before 2 pm to get us out of here early

BallHawk
04-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Ok, with this news of Chris Long being the #2 pick that almost guarantees Dorsey at #3 to the Falcons. Now it'll be interesting to see where Matt Ryan goes. I think he'll fall to the Ravens, but who knows.

BallHawk
04-26-2008, 10:22 AM

The sad thing is that it won't make a difference. The Dolphins will probably take all 10 minutes and so will the Rams.

red
04-26-2008, 10:27 AM

The sad thing is that it won't make a difference. The Dolphins will probably take all 10 minutes and so will the Rams.

you know, its probably bs

they'll put it out there that they're going to take long, in the hopes that another team that wants him panics and offers to trade

why else would you say who you're taking when you don't have too?

Fritz
04-26-2008, 10:34 AM

Who? Mort or Shockey?

Rastak
04-26-2008, 10:35 AM
This was probably posted elsewhere but McShay posted his final mock....

The Packers?

30. Brian Brohm QB
56. John Carlson TE
60. Reggie Smith CB

The Vikings?

47. Joe Flacco QB

That would work for me from the Vikings fan standpoint. I don't think Flacco will be around at 47 but Brohm might actually be.

packers11
04-26-2008, 10:36 AM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/apr08/tted425-2.jpg

and so it begins... :lol:

Fritz
04-26-2008, 10:37 AM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/apr08/tted425-2.jpg

and so it begins... :lol:

Hi Mom? Mom, you there?

BallHawk
04-26-2008, 10:38 AM
What's the lowdown on Leodis McKelvin? Seems like a good player that could do well in Green Bay.

Actually, that's my official prediction. Pack selects Leodis McKelvin.

Lurker64
04-26-2008, 10:43 AM
What's the lowdown on Leodis McKelvin? Seems like a good player that could do well in Green Bay.

If 20 or so teams magically pass on him, I'd like to have him. But he's likely gone in the top 10.

Fritz
04-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Do you think he'd fall to #30 somehow, or are you suggesting that TT will trade up?

red
04-26-2008, 10:44 AM

he'll be long gone

top 10 pick

SkinBasket
04-26-2008, 10:45 AM
The Packers?

30. Brian Brohm QB
56. John Carlson TE
60. Reggie Smith CB

The Vikings?

47. Joe Flacco QB

That would work for me from the Vikings fan standpoint. I don't think Flacco will be around at 47 but Brohm might actually be.

Good god that would be a shitty draft all around.

Rastak
04-26-2008, 10:48 AM
How far does Manningham the dumbass fall? That's another interesting story to watch. I'm looking for stories to watch since the Vikes will only be on the clock once in day one!

The Leaper
04-26-2008, 10:49 AM
McKelvin is not a very physical player, so I'm not sure how well he would fit into our scheme.

The Leaper
04-26-2008, 10:51 AM
I would be very happy with Cason. I think he is an excellent player...the kid started from game one in the Pac 10 as a freshman, and has been a top notch CB during his entire college career. He wasn't overly physical in college, but I think he has the size to play that way in the NFL. In fact, since he isn't a burner, he almost will have to learn how to play more aggressively at the next level.

Bretsky
04-26-2008, 10:53 AM

TT would have to trade up

The Leaper
04-26-2008, 10:54 AM
How far does Manningham the dumbass fall?

He's going to be a borderline first day pick IMO. There are at least 6 WRs better than him IMO. If he isn't taken on the first day, I would expect him to go very quickly tomorrow.

Bretsky
04-26-2008, 10:54 AM
How far does Manningham the dumbass fall? That's another interesting story to watch. I'm looking for stories to watch since the Vikes will only be on the clock once in day one!

Well into the 2nd, at least

Rastak
04-26-2008, 10:57 AM

At least....maybe onto day two....6 on the Wonderlic and he may have cheated to get that. PFT.com indicated he did poorly in his interviews too. He's the kind of guy that might be worth a 3 but not a 1 or a 2.

red
04-26-2008, 10:58 AM

i'm thinking right now he's falling into the third

by the time the third round gets here, he'll probably have fallen to the 4th or 5th

GoPackGo
04-26-2008, 10:58 AM
10 minutes per pick?
So the Packers pick @30 will happen around 7pm central time zone?

Rastak
04-26-2008, 10:59 AM
10 minutes per pick?
So the Packers pick @30 will happen around 7pm central time zone?

I would guess between 6 and 7.

red
04-26-2008, 11:00 AM

At least....maybe onto day two....6 on the Wonderlic and he may have cheated to get that. PFT.com indicated he did poorly in his interviews too. He's the kind of guy that might be worth a 3 but not a 1 or a 2.

where'd you here that he might have cheated?

thats insane, cheat and still get a 6?

maybe pft is right, he can't spell his own name

GoPackGo
04-26-2008, 11:02 AM
You guys are really ripping on manningham, but he straight torched DB's in college.
He should be a good pro

red
04-26-2008, 11:03 AM
You guys are really ripping on manningham, but he straight torched DB's in college.
He should be a good pro

IF, he can learn the playbook

Rastak
04-26-2008, 11:04 AM

where'd you here that he might have cheated?

thats insane, cheat and still get a 6?

maybe pft is right, he can't spell his own name

I was kidding....word is he is dumb as a box full of rocks. When Vince Young pulled a 6 word was he didn't take it seriously...although I doubt that would explain it fully. Manningham probably studied his ass off!

Rastak
04-26-2008, 11:04 AM
He should be a good pro

scout.com has him as the 3rd best reciever and a 5 star prospect.

The Leaper
04-26-2008, 11:11 AM
I just don't see Manningham as the 3rd best WR in this draft.

Kelly, Sweed and Thomas are certainly ahead of him on just about everyone's draft board...and 2 of these 3 (Hardy, Bennett and Jackson) are also probably ahead of Manningham on quite a few boards. The 4.6 at the combine really hurt him...because he doesn't have great size.

Personally, I think he probably will go very late in the 2nd round, and if he does last until tomorrow, he'll be called very quickly in the 3rd.

Fritz
04-26-2008, 11:12 AM
He should be a good pro

As a Michigan fan, I watched him also drop a lot of passes and disappear in big games.

I like his running mate Arrington better.

GoPackGo
04-26-2008, 11:14 AM
He should be a good pro

As a Michigan fan, I watched him also drop a lot of passes and disappear in big games.

really?,
I just saw the highlight reels TD's. Good thing I'm not a NFL GM

Partial
04-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Today is the day of the sizzler. I cannot wait to see who TT thinks highly off and adds to our team.

Rastak
04-26-2008, 11:18 AM
He should be a good pro

Interesting.

Say, do you think Long was worthy of the #1 overall pick?

BallHawk
04-26-2008, 11:23 AM
He should be a good pro

He makes Marshawn Lynch look like a Rhodes Scholar.

RashanGary
04-26-2008, 11:25 AM
I think Hardy, Manningham and Deshawn Jackson are all different, but they are the best 3 WR's in my opinion. Manningham should drop though because of his attitude and what seems to be utter stupidity. He's a premier talent, he just doesn't have it together enough to take with a high pick.

Then Sweed and Thomas

Then it gets cloudy but there will be James Jones or two later in the draft.

Lurker64
04-26-2008, 11:26 AM
I wouldn't take DeSean Jackson in the fifth round if he was there. He's like a less talented and even smaller Ginn. He's got bust written all over him.

red
04-26-2008, 11:34 AM
I wouldn't take DeSean Jackson in the fifth round if he was there. He's like a less talented and even smaller Ginn. He's got bust written all over him.

but they sure are hyping the shit out of him

i think i've seen 3 or 4 special segments on him in the last 2 days

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Kind of funny how people remember the Harrell pick being a reach and a nobody, but Harrell was projected as a late 1st round pick through most of the draft process who was rising heading into the draft.

Two experts (NFL.com's Pat Kirwan and CBS Sportsline.com's Pete Prisco) actually predicted the Packers would take Harrell. It was a shock to most because after the Moss debacle, everybody thought they'd go WR.

Anyways. I haven't fallen in love with any potential picks. Hopefully, we can trade down.

RashanGary
04-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Best all around WR = Manningham
Best returner/WR = Jackson
Best big WR = Hardy

pbmax
04-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Hello All,

Anyone interested in a "Pick All the First Round Picks Challenge"?

I'm eager to defend the title :lol:

red
04-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Best all around WR = Manningham
Best big WR = Hardy

says you

Fritz
04-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Best all around dope-smoking, lying, pass-dropping, trash-talking, bridge-burning, big-game-disappearing WR = Manningham
Best big WR = Hardy

says you

There you go JH. Now you got it right.

Gunakor
04-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Kind of funny how people remember the Harrell pick being a reach and a nobody, but Harrell was projected as a late 1st round pick through most of the draft process who was rising heading into the draft.

Two experts (NFL.com's Pat Kirwan and CBS Sportsline.com's Pete Prisco) actually predicted the Packers would take Harrell. It was a shock to most because after the Moss debacle, everybody thought they'd go WR.

Anyways. I haven't fallen in love with any potential picks. Hopefully, we can trade down.

Mike Shanahan said Denver would have taken Justin Harrell at #17 if Ted Thompson didn't take him at #16. I don't think Harrell was a reach at all.

Fritz
04-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Big year upcoming for Harrell. If he can stay healthy, we should see if he's the real deal or not. DT's dont' seem to take as long to develop as other positions.

Lurker64
04-26-2008, 12:19 PM
I just heard Kenny Phillips is a Rosenhaus client. Now I hope we don't draft him. Is this weird?

packers11
04-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Why cant the draft start earlier... Im tired of waiting... :smack:

GoPackGo
04-26-2008, 12:27 PM
I just heard Kenny Phillips is a Rosenhaus client. Now I hope we don't draft him. Is this weird?

no its not weird
watch the first 25 seconds of this to reaffirm the hate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQxLx4Ong0I

woodbuck27
04-26-2008, 12:30 PM
REALLY COOL HEADING FOR THIS SECTION OF OUR FORUM FOR DRAFT DAY's. :D

Packers Forever!

packers11
04-26-2008, 12:36 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Offering "multiple" first-round picks, the Redskins reportedly reached out to the Bengals about Chad Johnson again before the draft but were turned down.

Are the Bengals NUTS?!?!?!? A first round this year and a first round in 2009... TAKE THE OFFER NOW!!!

Fritz
04-26-2008, 12:37 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Offering "multiple" first-round picks, the Redskins reportedly reached out to the Bengals about Chad Johnson again before the draft but were turned down.

Are the Bengals NUTS?!?!?!? A first round this year and a first round in 2009... TAKE THE OFFER NOW!!!

This sounds more like a loving relationship than a potential football deal.

Bretsky
04-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Some day I want to watch the Draft with s simultaneous lapper by two chick hotties

That would be the life

run pMc
04-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Rosenhaus is a dickoid.

I wish the draft had started hours ago.

BF4MVP
04-26-2008, 12:42 PM
How does everyone feel about Kevin Smith out of Central Florida?

I think snarin him with a mid-round pick could turn out to be a steal..

6'1, 217 and runs the 40 in the 4.4 range..21 years old and had a monster junior season with 2,567 yards..

I think we need another good back to pair with Grant..We don't have one right now..

Fritz
04-26-2008, 01:03 PM
How does everyone feel about Kevin Smith out of Central Florida?

I think snarin him with a mid-round pick could turn out to be a steal..

6'1, 217 and runs the 40 in the 4.4 range..21 years old and had a monster junior season with 2,567 yards..

I think we need another good back to pair with Grant..We don't have one right now..

My guess is he'll be gone by the end of the second round.

Fritz
04-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Some day I want to watch the Draft with s simultaneous lapper by two chick hotties

That would be the life

But if TT drafted somebody really lame would you lose wood?

Brando19
04-26-2008, 01:12 PM
C'mon Joe Flacco or Brandon Flowers.

pbmax
04-26-2008, 01:16 PM
I think Wolf said he had not had a problem with Rosenhaus as the original agent. Its when he needs to force a new contract (so that he can get paid as the replacement agent) that he's a complete bozo.

Next Question!

Guiness
04-26-2008, 01:18 PM

That would be the life

But if TT drafted somebody really lame would you lose wood?

:rs:

Freak Out
04-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Why does this thread title have some damn many !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in it?

red
04-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Why does this thread title have some damn many !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in it?

it was to show excitement for the fact that the draft is here

and it makes it easier to find the draft thread, look for the thread with all the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'s

red
04-26-2008, 01:29 PM
wayne on wtmj just said something that many of us have been trying to avoid

he said nick collins HAS to be replaced next season

Lurker64
04-26-2008, 01:34 PM

Are we sure that Rouse isn't the guy to do it?

red
04-26-2008, 01:35 PM

Are we sure that Rouse isn't the guy to do it?

yeah, he is. they just talked about him again

they think rouse can take the job from collins, and that the head hunting style of rouse and atari would help our cb's greatly

pbmax
04-26-2008, 01:37 PM
nfl.com has the NFL Network coverage streaming over the internet.

Tony Oday
04-26-2008, 01:40 PM
I think we will take a d lineman with the first pick :)

Packnut
04-26-2008, 01:43 PM

Obviously Wayne has finally caught up to my point of view, since I've been saying the same thing here for months. :lol:

Really though, 2 poor seasons in a row pretty much back up this fact. Nick was a flash in the pan but it's time to face facts. He does NOTHING out of the ordinary and sucks in coverage.

Lurker64
04-26-2008, 01:44 PM
nfl.com has the NFL Network coverage streaming over the internet.

It's at http://www.nfl.com/draft/live if anybody is looking for it.

red
04-26-2008, 01:47 PM

Obviously Wayne has finally caught up to my point of view, since I've been saying the same thing here for months. :lol:

Really though, 2 poor seasons in a row pretty much back up this fact. Nick was a flash in the pan but it's time to face facts. He does NOTHING out of the ordinary and sucks in coverage.

i wouldn't even say poor as much as just nothing special

Packnut
04-26-2008, 01:52 PM

i wouldn't even say poor as much as just nothing special

I'd say not being able to cover a TE is POOR.

Fritz
04-26-2008, 01:53 PM
I figure I know about as much as
Sergeant Schulz.

SkinBasket
04-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Initiate ridiculous pre-draft nonsense.

SkinBasket
04-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Matt Ryan is not handling the spotlight well. Just hope that turd don't fall out his pant leg when he's picked.

gbpackfan
04-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Hey guys! It's on!!!!!

Rastak
04-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Hey guys! It's on!!!!!

They're off!

Rams on the clock.

SkinBasket
04-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Awesome ESPN coverage. 40 seconds in, and we're in commercial.

gbpackfan
Thank god the Fins didn't milk out their 10 minutes. Rams are taking Dorsey.

Fritz
Matt Ryan is not handling the spotlight well. Just hope that turd don't fall out his pant leg when he's picked.

Why not? That'd be hilarious.

I am thankful for Robert Gallery. Now if someone says Jake Long will be a bust like ___, the blank doesn't have to be filled in by Tony Mandarich.

Rastak
04-26-2008, 02:06 PM

Everyone is saying Long here.......maybe a giant smokescreen.

Zool
04-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Mortensen quote from 2 minutes ago

"From 4-10 we have teams who might move up in the draft and teams that might move back"

Stellar

Charles Woodson
04-26-2008, 02:08 PM

I think its long, they keep Carriker at DT, and long at DE.

SkinBasket
04-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Felix Jones will be a better back than McFadden. Mark my words. That and if I'm wrong, no one will ever be able to find this post again...

Rastak
04-26-2008, 02:10 PM

I think its long, they keep Carriker at DT, and long at DE.

Sure, of course they might deal it to someone who really wants Dorsey.

The_Dude
04-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Awesome ESPN coverage. 40 seconds in, and we're in commercial.

I was watching NFL network but the satellite cut out and now its just audio. Back to ESPN i guess. I was looking forward to watching the draft on NFL network for the first time.

SkinBasket
04-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Ewww. Chris Long talking to his mom about vibrators. Maybe this draft has some potential after all.

The_Dude
I forgot, Does the clock restart after a trade?

BallHawk
No smokescreen.

Rastak
04-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Long it is.....

Scout.com Player Evaluation:
STRENGTHS
Athleticism
Backside Pursuit
Toughness

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
Disengaging Skills
Quality individual & player. Finishes everything. Great playing character, tenacity & toughness. Good initial get off, sees things quickly, reacts, & shows excellent play range. Passes people up in pursuit consistently. As a pass rusher, showed get off quicks & power, but wasn't as nifty as I expected (bend and trim the edge). More of a self made player then a natural talent, but baring injury should become a very solid professional player.

red
04-26-2008, 02:12 PM
damnit, 10 minutes in and i already lost the draft contest

red
04-26-2008, 02:14 PM
this is good for us

falcons should take dorsey here

that means they might be trying to move up to our spot to draft a qb

someone on tv or the radio already mentioned the packers are calling teams interested in a qb and saying, hey, we'll trade

Charles Woodson

Im 2 for 2 right now, now atlanta has a hard descision with whether they take Ryan or Dorsey.. I say Dorsey

Rastak
Long:

Strengths: One of the most versatile and polished prospects in the 2008 class. Possesses adequate height with outstanding bulk and all around strength. Can play DE in three-and-four man front, and also projects favorably as a 3-4 OLB. Displays explosive power with initial punch. He shows very first-step quickness, fires out with leverage and does a great job of knocking offensive linemen back with his initial pop. Displays outstanding power and technique in his club and rip moves. Does a fine job of protecting his lower body. Extremely powerful bull rush. Frequently will stand up the OL and drive him back into the QB. He is instinctive and does an excellent job of finding the ball while still fighting through blocks. He disengages quickly and is relentless in pursuit of the ball carrier. Never gives up on a play and his elite motor is infectious. He grew up around the game and knows what it takes to make it in the NFL. His overall intangibles and work ethic are as good as it gets. Also has been extremely durable to this point; missed time in 2004 due to illness but started every game from that point on (2005-07).

Weaknesses: Lacks elite top-end speed. Will rarely win battles on pure burst off the edge. Very good athlete as a DE but there are still questions regarding his ability to flip his hips in coverage as a LB. Also can get washed out at times when asked to stack versus 300-plus pound OTs.

Overall: Long appeared in 30 games (24 starts) in his first three seasons (2004-'06), recording 108 total tackles (24 for losses) and seven sacks. He turned in a brilliant senior year, collecting 79 tackles (19 for losses), 14 sacks, two forced fumbles and an interception that Long returned 25 yards. He was a unanimous All-America selection, winner of the Ted Hendricks Award (given to the nation's top defensive end) and the ACC Defensive Player of the Year in 2007. Long missed five games in 2004 while suffering from mononucleosis. He is the son of Oakland Raiders Hall of Fame defensive end Howie Long. Long still has room to improve when it comes to fighting through double teams and he also lacks elite top-end speed. Otherwise, he's everything a NFL team looks for in a future perennial Pro Bowl defensive end. His combination of size, power, quickness and tenacity are unparalleled by anyone in college football today. Adding to Long's value is his versatility; he can play end in a three-and-four man front (or both in a hybrid) in the NFL. Long has made enormous strides during each of his three seasons at Virginia. If that trend continues as a senior, he will undoubtedly hear his name called in Round 1 of the 2008 draft.

Rastak

Im 2 for 2 right now, now atlanta has a hard descision with whether they take Ryan or Dorsey.. I say Dorsey

Hmmmm, this is tough.....I'll go Ryan here.

BallHawk
Prediction-time. Dorsey or Ryan?

I say Dorsey.

Charles Woodson
04-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Sounds like its Ryan

BallHawk
NFL Network is saying the pick will be Ryan.

And Ryan is one the phone now.

Rastak
Damn, Dorsey's a big MF'er.

BallHawk
Dude, this thread freakin' sucks. We've got 6 people on the forum right now.

red
04-26-2008, 02:17 PM
ryans on the phone blushing like a 8 year old school girl

he's the pick

he looks like he smokes poll

Charles Woodson
Was it last year or the year before that we had 100 people on during the draft?

Gunakor
Matt Ryan is the one celebrating. Take the Falcons off the list of potential trade partners.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-26-2008, 02:18 PM
It's just not as exciting picking at 30. I bet TT trades down at the end of the first to add a 3rd.

Rastak
04-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Ryan to Atlanta:

STRENGTHS
Accuracy / Consistency
Mental Toughness
Size

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
Speed
Chance to be a very good one. Can make all of the necessary throws Accurate in the short and intermediate zones. Will throw off back foot some, but his forte was throwing the seam passer. Smart player who won't be overwhelmed. Better from the gun then from under the center. Had some questions about his ability to see the underneath zone, but really liked this players stroke. Playing with a very limited surrounding cast. A one man show. Round # 1

red
04-26-2008, 02:19 PM

i'm sure the number will go way up in about 3 hours when we can start to see our pick out on the horizon

Rastak
Ryan:

Strengths: Absolutely looks the part of an NFL quarterback. Is tall enough to scan the entire field from within the pocket and is sturdy enough to withstand the pounding at the next level. Is extremely intelligent and has a tremendous work ethic. Picked up new scheme as a senior very quickly. Displays excellent footwork and delivery. Shows good touch and timing as a passer. takes something off underneath passes and can lead receiver when throwing underneath. Overall accuracy is good and shows the ability to throw accurately on the run. Puts good touch on downfield passes and flashes the ability to drop the ball in over coverage. Displays very good presence in the pocket and is capable of avoiding the rush with his quick thinking and feet. Possesses ideal intangibles. Shows great poise, is a leader on-and-off the field and wants the ball in hands late in games.

Weaknesses: He will force some throws when the protection breaks down. Field vision is a bit inconsistent still. He has failed to find the open receiver a few too many times as a senior. Isn't going to make defenders miss, doesn't have great top-end speed and isn't a dangerous open field runner that can consistently pick up yards with feet. He has eased concerns regarding durability but it's still a minor issue; he sustained a high-ankle spring during the 2006 season opener, broke bone in left foot during 2006 Virginia Tech game and underwent foot surgery in January, 2007.

Overall: Ryan was redshirted for the 2003 season. In his four-year college career (2004-07), Ryan played in 45 games (32 starts), completing 807 passes on 1,347 attempts (59.9 percent) for 9,313 yards, 56 touchdowns and 37 interceptions. As a senior, he attracted attention as a Heisman Trophy candidate and finished the season ranked ninth in the nation in total offense (4,509 yards). Ryan missed one game in 2006 (Buffalo) after breaking a bone in his left foot.As expected, Ryan thrived in a more wide open system as a senior. He also proved to be more mobile and accurate than in 2006, when he was clearly bothered by a broken bone in his left foot. While he will never be a running threat, Ryan displays the feet and pocket presence to buy second-chance passing opportunities. He will still occasionally miss an open receiver and he also is forcing more throws as a senior, but part of that can be attributed to him being asked to shoulder the offense due to a sputtering running attack. Regardless, Ryan has the best combination of intelligence, leadership, size, accuracy, arm strength and competitiveness in this year's quarterback class. Hence, Ryan earns our highest grade at the position and one of the highest grades in the entire 2008 class.

BallHawk

Last year we had 128 people.

Rastak
04-26-2008, 02:20 PM
I like Atlanta's pick.

I say McFadden goes here.......

Fritz
04-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Is it just m e or does it look like an undertaker did Mel Kiper's makeup and hair this year?

It's even worse than usual, I think. And no offense meant to undertakers, either.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-26-2008, 02:21 PM
My buddies a huge Raiders fan, he really wanted Long. I'm sure as long as they get mcfadden or dorsey he'll be happy though.

Lurker64
04-26-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm excited to hear the Jets fans reaction when the Raiders take McFadden. I heard the Jets faithful had been whipped into a McFadden frenzy by the NY media projecting that he might be there for the Jets. Listening to the Jets fans be unhappy is one of the highlights of the draft.

Carolina_Packer
04-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Do you mean the guy who buries people or the pro wrestler?

red
04-26-2008, 02:23 PM
I like Atlanta's pick.

i really don't. ryan and brohm were running almost neck and neck until a couple weeks ago. then the ball started rolling his way. and now, ryan is a sure fire pro with all the tool, and brohm might be a second round pick and might not even be considered the #2 qb anymore. reminds me of the alex smith a-rod senario

i think the better value was brohm in the late 1st or early second

red
04-26-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm excited to hear the Jets fans reaction when the Raiders take McFadden. I heard the Jets faithful had been whipped into a McFadden frenzy by the NY media projecting that he might be there for the Jets. Listening to the Jets fans be unhappy is one of the highlights of the draft.they are in a great spot, if they don't get the guy they want. they get dorsey

red
04-26-2008, 02:26 PM
jesus christ, al davis' brother is older then he is. they'll screw this one up

mckelvin goes right here

Carolina_Packer
04-26-2008, 02:26 PM
The Raiders would be crazy not to get Dorsey. They've got enough RB's. If they thought they could get the Jets to move up and get more picks from them, they might still be able to get Dorsey if he slides to 6.

BallHawk
04-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Smart pick, even though I think McFadden is a dumbass.

red
04-26-2008, 02:27 PM
LOLOLOL

poor jets fans lol

Rastak
04-26-2008, 02:28 PM
cout.com Player Evaluation:
STRENGTHS
Acceleration
Breakaway Speed
Instincts

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
Elusiveness
Best RB to enter the draft in the past two decades. Is a big explosive athlete, who showed excellent quicks & moves in the hole. Breaks secured tackles and finishes his runs. Judges distances well & showed real talent at the corner. Good backside vision & the ability to take it to the house. Can evaporate the pursuit angle with his great burst. Excellent hands & was extremely dangerous in space. A difference maker in every sense of the word.

Lurker64
If Dorsey goes next, I got the first five exactly right. Woo!

Charles Woodson
The Raiders would be crazy not to get Dorsey. They've got enough RB's. If they thought they could get the Jets to move up and get more picks from them, they might still be able to get Dorsey if he slides to 6.

A. small chance dorsey passes by the chiefs

and its a good pick by the raiders... Did minnesota need a RB after Chester Taylor had a good year the year before? the thing is that None of Oaklands RB are special

Rastak
04-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Chiefs take Dorsey or Gholston maybe?

red
04-26-2008, 02:29 PM
If Dorsey goes next, I got the first five exactly right. Woo!

you and like 30 other people

all with the same tie breakers

Carolina_Packer
04-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Holy crap! How many RB's does Oakland need?

Domenic Rhodes
Michael Bush
LaMont Jordan
Justin Fargas

I'm not saying any of these guys are as good, but they had enough. Should have gotten Dorsey.

red
04-26-2008, 02:31 PM

dorsey i think

gholston will be the guy to slide this year

and my pick for biggest nfl bust

woodbuck27
04-26-2008, 02:31 PM

Hmmmm, this is tough.....I'll go Ryan here.
This is where we find out how good this QB is.

If good he goes now to Atlanta.

Rastak
04-26-2008, 02:32 PM
McFadden:

Strengths: Phenomenal athlete. Possesses good height and adequate bulk (better upper-body than lower-body). Rare burst for his size; no play better illustrates that second-gear better than his 73-yard touchdown run in the third quarter versus LSU. He runs with good vision and great patience but explodes through the line of scrimmage once he finds the crease. Very few NFL runners possess his type of second-gear to bounce runs outside and to run away from defenders in the open field. Very fluid in space and can change directions without losing much momentum at all. He can be a powerful runner with a full head of steam. Exceptional stiff arm. Very strong upper body. Keeps his legs pumping in traffic and will break many attempted arm tackles. Displays outstanding balance. Will gain lots of yards after contact simply because he bounces off the tackler and regains his balance instead of going down. Lacks ideal experience as a receiver but is fluid enough to adjust to poorly thrown ball and displays very soft hands for a RB. Can also be an occasional passing threat in the NFL, as seen in his dual-threat role as the signal caller in the Razorbacks' Wild Hog formation.

Weaknesses: He runs a bit high and his lower-body is a bit lean. Has never been forced to carry a full 25-30 carry throughout a full season in college. Had carried the ball more than 30 times in just five games during his three seasons at Arkansas. Ran out of gas late in Alabama game (2007). Lacks ideal experience as a receiver. Needs some polishing as a route runner. Also could be more aggressive as blocker; must learn to attack with better leverage. Character must also be studied. Is there more to the minor off-the-field incidents than we are led to believe?

Overall: McFadden shattered the Arkansas' freshman rushing record with 1,113 yards and 11 touchdowns on 176 carries. He played a versatile role throughout his three seasons with the Razorbacks prior to declaring early for the 2008 NFL draft. During that three-season span, McFadden rushed for 4,590 yards and 41 scores on 785 carries, caught 46 passes for 365 yards and two touchdowns. He also threw seven touchdown passes and returned a kickoff for a score. Involved in a fight outside of a Little Rock club in August of 2005. Was investigated for an illegal vehicle during the 2007 season but was cleared of all accusations. Was handcuffed but not arrested on January 10, 2008 for his role an altercation at a Little Rock bar. McFadden possesses rare physical tools. In fact, it's safe to say he's the most talented athlete in the 2008 class. He is a homerun hitter as a runner with the size of an every-down back. He displays soft hands as a receiver and outstanding open-field running skills as a receiver and return man, and he also is capable of occasionally burning an overloaded defense with the halfback option pass. There are only two questions regarding McFadden that NFL teams must consider at the top of the board: does he possess the lower-body/durability to carry a full load at the next level, and are his few minor off-the-field incidents forewarning of character issues to come? As long as a team is comfortable with the answers to both of those questions McFadden is worth of any selection in this year's draft.

Gunakor

Domenic Rhodes
Michael Bush
LaMont Jordan
Justin Fargas

I'm not saying any of these guys are as good, but they had enough. Should have gotten Dorsey.

How many DT's did Green Bay need last year when we drafted Justin Harrell? McFadden wouldn't have been the BPA on my board there, but if he was on top of Al Davis' board then I have no problem with the pick.

GrnBay007
ok, back from work and ready to watch the draft. :D

umm, it's been on for 30 min. and this thread is 11 pages! wowza. nuthin to talk about, eh? :P

Charles Woodson

Domenic Rhodes
Michael Bush
LaMont Jordan
Justin Fargas

Its about the quality tho, i think it was a good pick

red

Domenic Rhodes
Michael Bush
LaMont Jordan
Justin Fargas

i wouldn't mind sending a pick to oakland for bush

he'd be a good compliment to grant

Rastak
Whoa, Saints are offering 2 #1's and a #2 for the #5 pick.

Yikes.

red
04-26-2008, 02:33 PM
looks like dorsey's going

red
04-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Whoa, Saints are offering 2 #1's and a #2 for the #5 pick.

Yikes.

wow

just wow

Rastak

But where? Saints or Chiefs?

Gunakor

Sounds like the Chiefs

Charles Woodson

dorsey i think

gholston will be the guy to slide this year

and my pick for biggest nfl bust

Idk, i think Gholsoton goes to the jets, he fits nicely in their scheme, and i think Gholnston will be fine in their scheme

Carolina_Packer

Domenic Rhodes
Michael Bush
LaMont Jordan
Justin Fargas

i wouldn't mind sending a pick to oakland for bush

he'd be a good compliment to grant

I'd be down with that. I wasn't cutting McFadden, certainly, but how much money and names to do you commit to the running game? Someone from their stable of backs will have to go.

red

chiefs

Rastak
04-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Not a bad pick, maybe the trade offer wasn't real, if it was they were kinda stupid......

BallHawk
04-26-2008, 02:35 PM
The families at these draft tables remind me so much of The Nutty Professor.

SkinBasket
04-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Dorsey's going to have to use his entire first year's salary to pay off that fucking watch on his wrist.

Rastak
STRENGTHS
Body Control and Balance
Disengaging Skills
Explosion

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
Injury History
Size
A top prospect with body control and rare quickness. Explosive athlete who converts quickness to power. Can split a double team block, range to make plays and when he ripped and countered on his pass rush was virtually impossible to single block. Loved his intensity level , quicks, strength and know how. Plays on his feet. Drive through tackler. Was injured for much of the 2007 season, but has rare playing skills. Starts on day number 1.

red
lets prepare here

Rastak
Strengths: A squatty defensive tackle prospect with a thick build and very good quickness. Anticipates the snap well, explodes out of his stance and generally will win one-on-one battles with his initial burst. He plays with a non-stop motor. Stays active, using swim and rip moves to get off of blocks when necessary. Displays good upper-body power and the ability to knock linemen back on their heels with initial pop. Does a fine job of locating the ball once he's in the backfield and flashes good change-of-direction skills for his position. A powerful tackler when he can line up a hit. Also does a better job of taking on blocks in the run game than he gets credit for. He can be washed out by some bigger OL, but generally does a good job of staying low and holding his ground when asked to.

Weaknesses: Durability has become a major question mark in wake of combine medical examination (stress fracture in right tibia from 06). Is short and lacks ideal base to anchor versus bigger interior OL when teams run at him.

Overall: Dorsey appeared in 38 games (17 starts) in his first three seasons at LSU (2004-'06), recording 110 tackles (14.5 for losses) and six sacks. He started all 14 games as a senior last season (at left and right defensive tackle), finishing the season with 69 tackles (12.5 for losses), seven sacks, a forced fumble and four pass breakups. Dorsey was hobbled by a sore hamstring, a sore back and a right knee sprain (which required a bulky brace) in 2007, but he still played well enough to earn a first team All-America selection, the Nagurski Award, Lombardi Award, Outland Trophy, Lott Award and SEC Defensive Player of the Year honors. In 2006, he played much of the season despite a stress fracture in his right leg. He also suffered an ankle sprain and missed three games as a high school senior in 2003. Dorsey is a shorter, squatty, powerful and active defensive tackle with outstanding initial quickness and change-of-direction skills for his size. He fits best in a one-gap scheme, which allows him to penetrate and disrupt. However, he also shows some ability to stack at the line of scrimmage versus the run. While his sack production is not great, he generates lots of pressure despite always working against at least a double team  and that attention helps free up others for sacks. On talent alone, Dorsey is the top DT prospect in this class and belongs in the top-five picks. If he slips out of the top-five, it's due to growing concerns regarding his long-term durability as a result of the stress fracture in his right tibia.

Carolina_Packer
04-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Great pick by the Chiefs. They were lucky to get him. Now if they can do some damage at 17 by getting a QB like Flacco or Brohm, they'll be much better off. I think they can get a D-end later.

DonHutson
Merry Christmas Kansas City. Best player in the draft and many more picks to come.

Zool
<10 minutes till the Jets fans have that WTF look on their faces.

Rastak
Jet's take Gholston?

Lurker64
04-26-2008, 02:39 PM
If Dorsey is healthy, he's an elite player. It would have been a mistake for KC to draft anybody else.

Carolina_Packer
The Jets take a return specialist and the fans rush the stage in anger.

Zool
I'm hoping for the #2 TE on the board here for the Jets.

pbmax
04-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Love the Jets pick, every year, even if they get it right, we get to see the fans lose their minds over Lageman, Mitchel and Brady.

Also love the guys who defend Johnny Lam Jones and Ken Obrien over Marino.

red
04-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Jet's take Gholston?

you just hope for worst case here, like a kicker

just for our enjoyment

Rastak
04-26-2008, 02:41 PM
If Dorsey is healthy, he's an elite player. It would have been a mistake for KC to draft anybody else.

Yea, a very good pick and a helluva value at 5.

Fritz
04-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Okay, would you rather be the Queens with Allen or the Chiefs with Glenn Dorsey and another pick at #17 overall and two more in the third courtesy of the Queens?

pbmax
Read that Gholston looks ordinary in many games except against Michigan and Wisconsin.

SkinBasket
Great pick by the Chiefs. They were lucky to get him. Now if they can do some damage at 17 by getting a QB like Flacco or Brohm, they'll be much better off. I think they can get a D-end later.

Think they would be better to find a RB or WR at 17 than jumping on one of those guys that high.

red
Love the Jets pick, every year, even if they get it right, we get to see the fans lose their minds over Lageman, Mitchel and Brady.

Also love the guys who defend Johnny Lam Jones and Ken Obrien over Marino.

"we were all thinking they would take marino. obviously they know something the people up here don't"

priceless lol

Rastak
04-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Okay, would you rather be the Queens with Allen or the Chiefs with Glenn Dorsey and another pick at #17 overall and two more in the third courtesy of the Queens?

Do we also switch the rest of the rosters?

Zool
04-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Ha....dude in the crowd flashing the shocker symbol.

Carolina_Packer
04-26-2008, 02:44 PM

Think they would be better to find a RB or WR at 17 than jumping on one of those guys that high.

I know you are supposed to go BPA, but the Chiefs have sucky QB's.

Charles Woodson
Gholoston it is

red
awwww

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

thats wasn't any fun

pbmax
No fun when it works out for them :lol: