PDA

View Full Version : WR options

Tony Oday
04-03-2006, 02:53 PM
do we have any?

Is there any guys that are going to be cut on June 1st?

Any interest in trading a 4th or 5th rounder for someone like charles rogers?

any interest in signing freddie mitchell to a vet minimum contract with incentives if he works great if not cut his arse.

any thoughts?

HarveyWallbangers
04-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Hell no to Freddie Mitchell. He stinks. I'd rather have Boerigter. There aren't many options--other than drafting somebody. The WR corps will be solid IF Javon makes a healthy return. Big IF, but I'm afraid there aren't many options. I think we go into the season with Driver, Gardner, Ferguson, Boerigter, and a rookie who won't be ready in year one.

beakerman
04-03-2006, 03:06 PM
If Gardner can come out and play 1/2 as good as he was supposed to coming out of the 1st round - the line up of Driver-Gardner-Boerictor-Ferguson - would be impressive

HarveyWallbangers
04-03-2006, 03:21 PM
I wouldn't say impressive, but we might not be as bad off as we think. That's a big if. Plus, Ferguson and Boerigter are injury prone. It would really help if Javon came back. We'd be pretty mint. Heck, if Murphy could come back also, we'd be good and deep.

Partial
04-03-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm oddly enough not too worried. They're going to use a lot of 3 tight end sets I predict.

beakerman
04-03-2006, 03:30 PM
should be some interesting Training Camp battles....

Tony Oday
04-03-2006, 09:57 PM
David Boston, Why hasnt he been brought in? injury concerns for sure cant stay healthy. But big bodied guy who needs a team and we have a WR corp that isnt set. He is a vet that if he can beat out guys would be valuable if healthy. Worth a vet minimum one year contract that TT loves. If he doesnt work out cut his arse.

Kevin Curtis is also a guy that was good on my fantasy team ;) not a big guy so prolly not a fit here in MMs plan.

Dez white is also a big body that MM likes.

Willie Ponder – The league’s defending kickoff return champ, Ponder wasn’t able to defend his title as he was shelved for five games because Tom Coughlin was unhappy with his indecision and ball security on a few kickoff returns. He still averaged a team-best 25.9 yards, though, so Ponder obviously knows a little bit about what he’s doing.

GBRulz
04-03-2006, 10:02 PM
This is the area that worries me most. Especially the NFL Europe calibur players that will be our starting WR's if we get bitten by the injury bug :(

I'm not counting on Walker being in a Packer uniform this season.

MJZiggy
04-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Speaking of Europe, we do have two new WR's that are evidently doing a pretty good job over there.

billy_oliver880
04-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Speaking of Europe, we do have two new WR's that are evidently doing a pretty good job over there.

I beleive that TT is darn good at digging up talent.

Partial
04-03-2006, 10:22 PM
The receivers will look infinitely better with a running game. That, paired with the fact they're going to use all 3 tight ends. It is also comforting to know that martin and lee are both former wide receivers converted to tight end.

I don't think will be the best group in the league if Walker doesn't play, but I think they'll be competitive and not at all a problem if they stay healthy.

Bretsky
04-03-2006, 10:47 PM
The receivers will look infinitely better with a running game. That, paired with the fact they're going to use all 3 tight ends. It is also comforting to know that martin and lee are both former wide receivers converted to tight end.

I don't think will be the best group in the league if Walker doesn't play, but I think they'll be competitive and not at all a problem if they stay healthy.

EVERYONE will look better with remotely qualified starters at C and OG.........hint hint.....TT.....please find go find us at least two of the three and let the rest of the yahoos on the roster fight it out for the last spot.

HarveyWallbangers
04-03-2006, 11:47 PM
David Boston got busted for steroids a couple of years ago (probably why he was always injured), and hasn't been anywhere near as good as he was his first year or two. I'm on Ohio State guy, but we don't want him.

Tony Oday
04-04-2006, 01:26 AM
so how about Ponder since we lost chatman?

No Mo Moss
04-04-2006, 05:27 AM

EVERYONE will look better with remotely qualified starters at C and OG.........hint hint.....TT.....please find go find us at least two of the three and let the rest of the yahoos on the roster fight it out for the last spot.

I'm not so sure those starters aren't currently on the roster. I thought those rooies did pretty good towards the end of the season. With another training camp under their belt with a simplier system, they might be players.

hurleyfan
04-04-2006, 06:01 AM
Don't forget the possibility of drafting VDavis.. Fast TE that can stretch the field and become an important weapon... ie Shockey / Gonzalez :wink:

Fritz
04-04-2006, 06:02 AM
I'm afraid JWalk won't be back - simply because TT won't pay him the dough he's looking for, period. In that case we're left with Donald Driver and a whole lot of Billy Schroeders. As for Chaz Rogers, I'd say pass. He's shown no sense of understanding what it takes to be an NFL player, unless you count modeling your behavior on Cletidus Hunt understanding what an NFL player does...

HarveyWallbangers
04-04-2006, 07:38 AM
I'm afraid JWalk won't be back - simply because TT won't pay him the dough he's looking for, period. In that case we're left with Donald Driver and a whole lot of Billy Schroeders. As for Chaz Rogers, I'd say pass. He's shown no sense of understanding what it takes to be an NFL player, unless you count modeling your behavior on Cletidus Hunt understanding what an NFL player does...

I'd agree with this.

Bretsky
04-04-2006, 07:51 AM

I'm not so sure those starters aren't currently on the roster. I thought those rooies did pretty good towards the end of the season. With another training camp under their belt with a simplier system, they might be players.

This logic would be a huge mistake. Last year the treat of the practice squad many were hyping was Atlas Herrion; this year it is Chris White and Coston. Those guys are bonuses, but it's foolish to rely on them. We have the money; go sing two and let the rest fight each other.

MJZiggy
04-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Just thought you might like to know this...

Packers | Lucas scores another TD in NFL Europe action
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 06:33:43 -0700

The Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers WR Chad Lucas caught a 22-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter for the Amsterdam Admirals, and finished with three catches for 60 yards in his NFL Europe game Saturday, April 15. The Admirals beat the Rhein Fire 35-31. Last week, he had a league-record four TD receptions.

I was looking for an NFLE thread to put this in and couldn't find it.

Harlan Huckleby
04-16-2006, 05:49 PM
the line up of Driver-Gardner-Boerictor-Ferguson - would be impressive

i would say below average. But I'll give um a chance.

MJZiggy
04-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Are you filling in for Wist in his absence?

Harlan Huckleby
04-16-2006, 05:56 PM
DRiver is a gritty player. Those guys aren't gonna scare anybody.

The packers are really crappy on offense, as things appear right now.

Oscar
04-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Right now all these guys are just names on paper. I'm gonna wait and see what our new coaching staff can put together. The same players in a different system?? I have hope. And thats all I have right now. We can analyze these things to death... I think were gonna be a lot better than most think.

Bretsky
04-16-2006, 07:28 PM
the line up of Driver-Gardner-Boerictor-Ferguson - would be impressive

i would say below average. But I'll give um a chance.

I agree Harlan,

You have Driver, who is an OK #1, but in reality belongs as an outstanding #2 WR. Then Gardner is IMO an average #3. Boerrighter is a #4, and Ferguson is dog crap as a WR...and I'm not talking Air Bud.

Partial
04-16-2006, 09:06 PM
If they use the tightends more and actually run the ball it won't be too bad.

Keep in mind in 2002 they were decent despite no defense to speak of, and Driver and Ferguson carrying the load as receivers.

As long as 2 of the 3 backs stay healthy they'll be average on O. It's the D i'm worried about.

Bretsky
04-16-2006, 09:09 PM
If they use the tightends more and actually run the ball it won't be too bad.

Keep in mind in 2002 they were decent despite no defense to speak of, and Driver and Ferguson carrying the load as receivers.

As long as 2 of the 3 backs stay healthy they'll be average on O. It's the D i'm worried about.

Defense and OL are my concerns. Honestly I'm not that concerned about the RB's, WR's, or TE's.

Harlan Huckleby
04-16-2006, 09:14 PM
the guards and Flannagan were a train wreck in 2005.

I'm gonna guess that the Oline will be better next fall. Klemm is mercifully moved to tackle, Flanny's replacement will be better, and Whittiker has no where to go but up.

I don't think Favre or Walker will be with the team.

Running backs will be better. Especially since we'll have some.

I don't know, very shakey situation on O, maybe they'll be a bit better than 2005.