PDA

View Full Version : Partial's Big board

Partial
04-26-2008, 01:08 AM
Do to lack of time, I have only compiled a top 10 big board this year. It's formed primarily from reading about guys since I haven't had a chance to watch too many Troy games, etc.

1. Glenn Dorsey
Extreme jock but doesn't have a true position. Too small to play inside consistently imo and he is too short to play DE. He's extremely strong and athletic though, so somebody will use him well.

2. Chris Long
Dad is a hall of famer, dude is intense, can never have too many pass rushers. Give me Howie's kid any day of the week.

3. Brandon Albert
Equally dominant throughout college like Dorsey. The best prospect at his position in years. Sounds almost can't miss.

4. Quinten Groves
Unblockable in the game I watched him. Made play after play after play in disrupting Timmy Tebow and was a very good pass rusher in the best conference.

5. Derek Harvey
Great speed, great size and height, and is nearly as good as Groves imo.

6. Jon Stewart
Massive and tightly packed back. Can run as fast as anyone and is as big as most linebackers in the league today. He will literally destroy people. Reminds me of Ahman Green.

7. Sam Baker
Multi time all-american and seems like a straight-up guy. I hope he's a packer

8. Aqib Talib
Big corner who has a knack for the big INT. Was one of the best players on a team that showed up big time against big competition.

9. Antoine Cason
I think I heard him scream playmaker all the way up here in Milwaukee when dominating against the Ducks. MVP of that game and played a huge role in taking out of the best teams in the league.

10. Brian Brohm
I typically like quarterbacks who straight up win like Matt Ryan, even if its unorthodox. Something about him just does not sit right though. With that said, I have liked Brohm since I watched him years ago for the first time. He's very accurate and plays big against big teams. He played great and had his best year despite having less talent around him than the UWM club football team.

QB rankings:
Brohm
Henne
Ainge
Ryan

With that said, everyone have a good night. I hope someone pulls this up 5 years from now and says wow, that sure was something (for better or worse).

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2008, 01:21 AM
I like Henne more than Brohm.

Read something interesing on JSO about Baker having short arms and how Ted Thompson actually considers that important factor for OTs. Some have said he could move inside, but that hasn't exactly worked for us.

LEWCWA
04-26-2008, 02:13 AM
blah, blah blah--sometimes it is prudent to just say(or type in this case) NOTHING!

Bretsky
04-26-2008, 07:43 AM
Groves is projected in round two and would be a nice pickup there

I'm not an Ainge fan at all

chain_gang
04-26-2008, 08:03 AM
I like Brohm, but I don't like his Brittle Brohm Syndrome. He's been hurt a lot throughout his career. A torn ACL in 2005, torn thumb ligaments in 2006, and surgery on his non-throwing shoulder in 2007. He's also been knocked out of a few games that I remember. He has talent, but his injury history is a concern to me.

Honestly, I like Flacco, and Henne better than Brohm at this point, mainly due to the injury history of Brohm. 1 or even 2 years is a fluke, but three straight years with major injuries are not a good sign.

red
04-26-2008, 08:05 AM
Groves is projected in round two and would be a nice pickup there

I'm not an Ainge fan at all

he's just sooooo small, he's like smaller then kgb

255 i think he is

Tarlam!
04-26-2008, 08:06 AM
blah, blah blah--sometimes it is prudent to just say(or type in this case) NOTHING!

Well, that would make for a boring forum wouldn't it! Thank Gawd people like Partial have the guts to state their opinions, LEWCWA, otherwise we'd have a pretty hard time discussing anything.

Nice job, Partial. I have no idea if you picked any decent guys, but thanks for sharing.

Rastak
04-26-2008, 08:09 AM
I like Henne more than Brohm.

Read something interesing on JSO about Baker having short arms and how Ted Thompson actually considers that important factor for OTs. Some have said he could move inside, but that hasn't exactly worked for us.

That's interesting. I'm not sure I've heard that before. Is that to make it less likely for a ref to call holding when the guy's engaged?