PDA

View Full Version : Mike Sherman in Green Bay

sheepshead
04-26-2008, 07:53 AM
I know some guys still have a little place in their heart for ol' Mike. Looks like he's been hittin' the BBQ's down there! His daughter's kind of cute though....

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080426/PKR01/804260577/1058&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

red
04-26-2008, 07:57 AM
the town should honestly think about getting a restraining order on him

RashanGary
04-26-2008, 07:58 AM
Yeah, his daugher is cute if when you say cute you mean homely. She looks like the female version of Gothem from Lord of the Rings. That guy even screws up reproduction.

I just want to set the rules for todays discussion. You're allowed to say anything you want about the embarassment of a pro football team to our Northwest. You can say whatever you want about Mike Shermans weight, wife and kids but Ted Thompson criticism is off limits. This is the day of the silver weasel.

Ok, have a good draft everyone. Let the games begin!!

Bretsky
04-26-2008, 08:17 AM
Yeah, his daugher is cute if when you say cute you mean homely. She looks like the female version of Gothem from Lord of the Rings.

I just want to set the rules for todays discussion. You're allowed to say anything you want about the embarassment of a pro football team to our Northwest. You can say whatever you want about Mike Shermans wife and kids but Ted Thompson criticism is off limits.

Ok, have a good draft everyone. Let the games begin!!

Oh come on JH; it's not a draft without a little turtle talk :lol:
Nobody is immune from criticism; hopefully anytime it happens the poster will be wrong :!:

sheepshead
04-26-2008, 08:17 AM
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

oregonpackfan
04-26-2008, 09:34 AM
Is Green Bay going to name a street after him? :)

Fritz
04-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Okay, this thread should be banned on draft day. You're gonna jinx the Packer draft!

If TT trades up into the third round to draft an overweight, lazy, unproductive defensive tackle or an average punter, we'll know who to blame...

KYPack
04-26-2008, 10:16 AM
I don't hate Shermy.

He loved GB and understood the Packer tradition. He was a decent coach and has some good understandings of the game.

He was a horrible GM, but he wasn't trained or prepared to do that job. The photo of him sleeping at the combine is an example of a guy working hard at a job he couldn't do. He thought he could throw hours at the job and do OTJ training.

And he failed miserably. he should have gotten in a top personnel guy like Hately to help him do that gig. After Hatley died, player acquisitiion was a rudderless ship.

When he was canned, it was time to go, but MS was a good guy who was put in a tough spot and never worked out of it.

I think A%M is a good spot for him and wish him well. The GB gig went sour, but he busted his ass at the job and I appreciate his effort.

The Leaper
04-26-2008, 10:19 AM
I don't hate Sherman either. He was OK as a coach...he lacked experience, and it showed at times. He was horrible as a GM, but it wasn't his fault he was given that job.

He was a classy guy and to that extent I respect him.

red
04-26-2008, 10:24 AM
he was, he was a great guy. hell i think i'd like to play for him

but just a so-so head coach, and horrible GM that set this team back a couple years

Fritz
04-26-2008, 10:36 AM
I don't hate Shermy.

He loved GB and understood the Packer tradition. He was a decent coach and has some good understandings of the game.

He was a horrible GM, but he wasn't trained or prepared to do that job. The photo of him sleeping at the combine is an example of a guy working hard at a job he couldn't do. He thought he could throw hours at the job and do OTJ training.

And he failed miserably. he should have gotten in a top personnel guy like Hately to help him do that gig. After Hatley died, player acquisitiion was a rudderless ship.

When he was canned, it was time to go, but MS was a good guy who was put in a tough spot and never worked out of it.

I think A%M is a good spot for him and wish him well. The GB gig went sour, but he busted his ass at the job and I appreciate his effort.

This is all true - I absolutely agree - but that doesn't change the fact that the very mention of his name on draft day could muck up the whole draft.

Begone with this thread!

Badgerinmaine
04-26-2008, 09:10 PM
I don't hate Shermy.
(snip)
I completely agree, and man, that had to be tough for him to come back up there.

pasquale
04-26-2008, 10:06 PM
yea but the guy made HORRIBLE cellcom commercials :D