PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't Collins at OTA's

Guiness
06-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Collins not being at OTA's surprises me. It's not like he's a seasoned vetran who can afford to miss a few reps.

Anyone heard why he's missing?

Pack0514
06-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Honestly, I have been wondering that myself. If anyone has info, please share.

pittstang5
06-02-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm sure it's a valid reason. He's been to both mini camps and is a hard worker.

jack's smirking revenge
06-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Because he's spending all of his time hanging out on the PackerRats site.

tyler

Joemailman
06-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Maybe Nick Collins will start a poll about why Nick Collins isn't at the OTA. I'm sure it would not be considered OT. :wink:

woodbuck27
06-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Collins not being at OTA's surprises me. It's not like he's a seasoned vetran who can afford to miss a few reps.

Anyone heard why he's missing?

I just went to the PACKER.COM MULTIMEDIA SITE and viewed M3's media interview of May 31/06 - RE: OTA progress and M3 expressed that the new system/new coaches and communication criteria and vet players absences, as a factor of health and family issues as being responsible for some absences.

Disappointing to hear that OT/OG Kevin Barry's quad tear and since surgery and rehab will most likely ground him for the season.

MadtownPacker
06-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Maybe he had to attend some hottie's graduation?

Maybe he was looking for Chad Johnson so he could apologize for popping him so hard?

Maybe TT said, take the day off since you where the best pick of my rookie draft?

As long as he shows up eventually it aint a big deal IMO. I wonder hwo other teams are do as far as turnout for the OTAs?

Fritz
06-02-2006, 01:49 PM
"Maybe he had to attend some hottie's graduation?"

As long as it wasn't some hottie eighth grader's graduation from junior high.

RashanGary
06-02-2006, 02:20 PM
I wasn't there today either. I hope someone has a report becuase apparently Christl sin't going to give us one.

CaptainKickass
06-02-2006, 02:48 PM
So not only was Nick Collins not there but NickCollins was not there either. Is that correct?

jack's smirking revenge
06-02-2006, 03:08 PM
So not only was Nick Collins not there but NickCollins was not there either. Is that correct?

That question/statement made ME go out of my goddamned mind....

tyler

CaptainKickass
06-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Cool Jack - that means you've seen my home town!

GBRulz
06-02-2006, 03:57 PM
unless it was someone else wearing #36 today, he was there. In fact I have him on a video clip

CaptainKickass
06-02-2006, 04:33 PM
You figure out how to share them clips yet GBmichele??

gbpackfan
06-02-2006, 04:48 PM
I couldnt make it either. I will be there next on June 8th, maybe 9th.

GBRulz
06-02-2006, 05:27 PM
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK was just reviewing my video clips from today...

THOUGHT I had the camera recording as Brett was walking back to his truck and then he stopped on his way out, rolled his window down and waved.

Who gives a F*CK about the rest of the video, it's just the players running some plays, I wanted the vid of Brett. Even some guy that was standing there next to me was all happy for me that I got Brett on camera. Which by the way, CHRIS if you registered for this website...um, CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS SHIT? grrrr ok, I'm trying to calm down

Yeah, I'll edit some vid clips of the boring OTHER players and get them to Mad to upload.

HarveyWallbangers
06-02-2006, 10:17 PM
GBM, now that's a major choke job. You're fired!

gbpackfan
06-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Harvey,

Her video was probably of Brett's ass!!!! :lol: Now I love the guy, but not in that way!

J/K Michele :wink:

Guiness
06-02-2006, 10:25 PM
GBM, now that's a major choke job. You're fired!

Don't fire her. Just cut her salary in half :lol:

Merlin
06-03-2006, 01:18 AM
People are putting alot of talk into the OTA's. They are voluntary and just because someone doesn't show up doesn't mean anything. I would think with basically a whole new offense, defense and special teams that a player would want to be to enough of them where they are comfortable comming into camp. There are about 14-16 of them and the players don't know the dates when they are planning their time before training camp. I know we all think that they should eat, sleep and shit football, but they do have families and lives outside of the game. IMO, anyone who is a no show for mandatory camps without the coaches knowledge, shows a serious lack of disregard for the game. What it comes down to is how they play when it counts.

Different sport, but look at Roger Clemens. I think what the Astros agreed to was abominable. He gets 3 Million a month and he only has to show up when he pitches. That isn't a team player, it's someone who thinks they are above the game. Imagine if Brett went to the locker room whenever the offense didn't have the ball (he would be Randy Moss then but that's besides the point). Show up when it counts (mandatory practices, preseason, regular season) and be there the whole time. To me, that is all I ask. Anything voluntary, well they wouldn't call it voluntary if it wasn't. I am sure some of these guys have escalators in their contract where they get a bonus for showing up to X% of the OTAs.