PDA

View Full Version : K-Rob gone?

Brando19
04-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Koren was supposed to be at the Draft Party, but was replaced. I believe with Jordy Nelson, Koren will be cut or traded. Thoughts?

packers11
04-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Martin is gone...

BallHawk
04-26-2008, 08:47 PM
We have 4 WRs that will definitely be on the team: DD, Jennings, JJ, and Jordy.

I can't see us keeping 6 WRs, so it's between K-Rob, Ruvell, and probably some other WRs and maybe some scrubs.

Official prediction.

K-Rob is beat out by Ruvell Martin.

Brando19
I like Ruvell and Koren both the same. If I had to choose one to go, it'd be Ruvell.

BallHawk
Martin is gone...

Go to hell.

:D

pittstang5
04-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Trade Martin during Training Camp / Pre-Season.....or Keep 6 WRs.

Driver
Jennings
Jones
Nelson
K-Rob
Martin

jmbarnes101
04-26-2008, 09:06 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing them keep six WR's next year. KoRo has skills and will be better with a full year to be able to practice. Everybody likes to dog Ruvell because he's at the end of the depth chart but he makes plays when they count.

cpk1994
04-26-2008, 09:29 PM
I like Ruvell and Koren both the same. If I had to choose one to go, it'd be Ruvell.Agreed, becuase KRob can return punts and kicks. Martin he can.................. I got nothing.

Bretsky
04-26-2008, 09:33 PM
adios Ruvell

StPaulPackFan
04-26-2008, 09:38 PM
I like Ruvell and Koren both the same. If I had to choose one to go, it'd be Ruvell.Agreed, becuase KRob can return punts and kicks. Martin he can.................. I got nothing.

Martin can get his "junk" squeezed during a Lambeau leap :oops:

Lurker64
04-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Bodiford is probably gone unless he has one hell of a camp. I think Robinson and Martin both make the team. We keep 6 WR.

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Ruvell > Koren

I wasn't impressed with Koren last year. Martin is younger and he's a redzone target. Seems to me like Nelson replaces Robinson. He seems to do a lot of the same things that Koren does. Unless Koren looks much better in camp then he did last year, I think Robinson is gone.

oregonpackfan
04-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Martin is inconsistent with his pass-catching, IMO. During the playoffs he dropped a big pass in the Seattle game and a crucial pass over the middle against the Giants.

Just because Nelson is a second round pick does not necessarily mean he will make the team and dislodge a veteran. His replacing a vet may indeed happen. It all depends on performance on both the practice field and the preseason games.

Another variable will be the injury factor. Last year, the Packers did not lose a WR due to injury. You never know when an injury will set a player down.

Lurker64
04-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Just because Nelson is a second round pick does not necessarily mean he will make the team and dislodge a veteran. His replacing a vet may indeed happen. It all depends on performance on both the practice field and the preseason games.

Do we count Bodiford as a veteran? We carried 6 WR including Bodiford because of his ST play. I can't imagine Nelson not at least beating out Bodiford.

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Just because Nelson is a second round pick does not necessarily mean he will make the team and dislodge a veteran.

VERY rarely does a second round pick not make the team.

Martin doesn't have bad hands. All receivers drop some balls. Dude drops one ball and suddenly his hands are bad? I'd bet Jones dropped more balls last year than Ruvell.

Iron Mike
04-26-2008, 10:58 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing them keep six WR's next year. KoRo has skills and will be better with a full year to be able to practice. Everybody likes to dog Ruvell because he's at the end of the depth chart but he makes plays when they count.

You must have missed that NFC Championship game where a catch would have equaled a sure three points. :(

texaspackerbacker
04-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Bodiford isn't even close.

However, I would really like to see the Packers keep six WRs--both KRob and Martin. With the sets we run. as well as the chance of injuries, I'd say there is a strong chance of it.

Tony Oday
04-27-2008, 12:05 AM
K Rob will be a different WR this year.

CaliforniaCheez
04-27-2008, 02:35 AM
What about Chris Francies??

The NFL let's you be on the practice squad for only 4 years. This is year 3.

Guiness
04-27-2008, 05:03 AM
K-Rob returned kicks...but so does the new CB Lee. Bodiford is a special teams ace, I think he stays.

It's between K-Rob and Martin, and I think that will be settled in TC. Martin might have an advantage due to age, seeing as this will be a battle for #5 (probably) or #4 is Nelson struggles.

Tarlam!
04-27-2008, 05:18 AM
Yah, but K-Rob and TT are tight, aren't they? Plus there's the human interest part of rehabbing K-Rob.

Not sure if Bodiford makes it.

As I posted on another thread, Nelson is only 20lb lighter than our current TE's. Maybe he'll get converted?

The Leaper
04-27-2008, 06:52 AM
I don't think KRob makes the final cut. I wouldn't be surprised to see Thompson trade him for a 6th/7th round pick. Robinson certainly has value to many teams around the league as a #4 WR who can also contribute on special teams.

I don't think we'll keep 6 WRs. Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson and Martin will all make the team IMO. Thompson will likely stash another late round/undrafted pickup on the PS.

Guiness
04-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Good call on that one Leaper.

You're right, he doesn't fit with us, especially if we have a younger guy who can do a good job returning kicks. But there are other teams in the league that could use him as a #3 or 4. Chicago, anyone (not that we'd trade him there). He doesn't have a big contract, and a 6th isn't too much to ask for.

I do think we keep him until TC, because he is valuable as a KR. Keep in mind, he's only 28!