View Full Version : patrick lee

red
04-26-2008, 08:58 PM
heres an interview with him

sounds like a good kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er6EryWqno4

BallHawk
04-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Thompson always goes for high-character, bright, young kids. I love that he does that. If you avoid thugs and turds you will have success, even if your talent is slightly inferior to other teams.

Badgerinmaine
04-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Thompson always goes for high-character, bright, young kids. I love that he does that. If you avoid thugs and turds you will have success, even if your talent is slightly inferior to other teams.
Absolutely, and the Forrest Gregg years were the perfect negative example. Mossy Cade, anyone? :shock:

Thanks for posting the video, Red.

RashanGary
04-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Geeze, talk about a good teammate. Their team was going through a tough time and you couldn't hear an ounce of defferment or blame in his voice.

I don't like the pick though. If he couldn't start at Auburn, I'm concerned about his chances to start for the Packers.

Lurker64
04-26-2008, 09:47 PM
I don't like the pick though. If he couldn't start at Auburn, I'm concerned about his chances to start for the Packers.

He did start at Auburn, he started his Senior year. He was also all-conference in the SEC that year. He's a developing player, he's not a developed player. I don't care what you couldn't do two years ago, I care what you can do this year.

Tarlam!
04-27-2008, 05:15 AM
I don't care what you couldn't do two years ago, I care what you can do this year.

QFT!! Well said.

The Leaper
04-27-2008, 07:22 AM
He's raw...but he fits our scheme and projects well toward being an eventual starter in the NFL.

I like the pick...not jumping up and down, but like it.

justanotherpackfan
04-27-2008, 12:26 PM
http://sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/415156

Compares To: DAVID BARRETT-New York Jets … Like Barrett, Lee is the type of player a team might put in the lineup, but only if it has few other options. He is certainly not a playmaker and don't be fooled by his four interceptions in 2007 (three came on throws right to him), as he lacks field awareness and is fooled more on the field than a child at his first magician's show. Lee just does not have the burst, range or fluid hips to mirror receivers on deep routes and gets fooled often by double moves and pump fakes. Outside of his duties as a gunner on special teams, he brings little value to the draft table.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Geeze, talk about a good teammate. Their team was going through a tough time and you couldn't hear an ounce of defferment or blame in his voice.

He had 22 starts at Auburn. So I really don't know what you are talking about.

woodbuck27
04-27-2008, 01:56 PM

He did start at Auburn, he started his Senior year. He was also all-conference in the SEC that year. He's a developing player, he's not a developed player. I don't care what you couldn't do two years ago, I care what you can do this year.

Yes he does have high character and he has upside with great strength speed and overall a fine athlete.He may have just not got his shot to his Senior year but no less filled in well in his previous two as I recall the script on him.

It's the first two selections RE: positional analysis that give me some hesitation on saying GREAT! Still they are two good picks too. Arguments may justifiably go both ways, on all three picks Saturday.

TT has five more rounds to set it better for all of us. I expect that TT will do his best. :D

PACKERS FOREVER!

PACKERS FOREVER!

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2008, 02:45 PM

Yes he does have high character and he has upside with great strength speed and overall a fine athlete.He may have just not got his shot to his Senior year but no less filled in well in his previous two as I recall the script on him.

It's the first two selections RE: positional analysis that give me some hesitation on saying GREAT! Still they are two good picks too. Arguments may justifiably go both ways, on all three picks Saturday.

TT has five more rounds to set it better for all of us. I expect that TT will do his best. :D

PACKERS FOREVER!

PACKERS FOREVER!

Shit they all could be busts, they all could be starters, who knows. Thats why grading the draft the day after is stupid.

mission
04-27-2008, 04:09 PM
contrary to popular belief, starting in college does not entirely come down to "best player for the position"

coaches dont want a rep for bringing in a freshman and putting the senior on the bench when the players are close or comparable... recruiting is a very political game and if guys like partial are coaching in my conference i will fuckin destroy his reputation from an integrity standpoint cuz all our mutual recruits will know who's more loyal to their players.

right or wrong... win or lose... doesnt matter. college ball is 50% recruiting and at "good ol boys" southern school like auburn, no one -- and i mean even tuperville -- is gonna do anything to ruffle feathers.

it's auburn alabama... that's almost a different country. get to know before spouting off without understanding.

b bulldog
04-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Grading this early is very ignorant but it is fun!!!!!!!!!!

PackerTimer
04-27-2008, 10:44 PM
The only thing that worries me about this pick, is that he's raw. And how much faith do you have in our defensive backs coach to develop him? That's why I kind of fall in with those who like it but aren't really excited about it.

Packerarcher
04-27-2008, 11:28 PM
So he gets burned easy,bites on fakes and isn't very fluid. Sounds to me like they drafted a young Al Harris.

BF4MVP
04-27-2008, 11:36 PM
I liked the pick..He was one of the players I had my eye on for the second round, and I'm glad we got him.