PDA

View Full Version : Jones not happy with Nelson pick.

AtlPackFan
04-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Not sure anyone saw this...was on the JSOnline blog site.

Jones not thrilled with Nelson pick?
By Greg A. Bedard
Saturday, Apr 26 2008, 08:41 PM
Green Bay - The guys over at the Green Bay Railbird Central blog have been hard at work all day over at the Packers' draft party inside the Lambeau Field Atrium. And they appear to have stumbled over an interesting item when they were in the autograph line near Packers wide receiver James Jones when the team picked wide receiver Jordy Nelson in the second round:

On a related note, during one of the autograph sessions I was literally right next to James Jones when the Packers selected Nelson. He was shaking his head and said, "What did they do that for?" He appeared to be trying to keep his emotions inside as much as possible, but it has to be hard when the team's first choice is at your same position.

packerbacker1234
04-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Well, he was all but most likely self assured when driver hung it up, that he was going to be the number 2 guy and a starting WR, but Nelson may show the packers didn't think Jones was good enough for that role.

I think the competition is healthy, and I hope Nelson AND Jones succeed, because nothing beats a tripple threat. Just ask last year's NE or the Colts back when they had Stokely.

Fred's Slacks
04-26-2008, 10:06 PM
What are you going to do? No matter who you take someone will be pissed because they play that position. Should we just not draft anyone so that guys will stay happy? Apparently Nelson was the best available on our board so Thompson took him to make the team better. Jones will get over it.

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Big deal.

ND72
04-26-2008, 10:39 PM
It's called step up and prove your worth.

oregonpackfan
04-26-2008, 10:51 PM
It's called step up and prove your worth.

It's also called "competition."

Jimx29
04-27-2008, 01:10 AM
maybe he's more surprised (like many here) that they didn't go for a CB or TE first

BlueBrewer
04-27-2008, 01:19 AM
its a natural reaction, don't worry about it

The Leaper
04-27-2008, 06:36 AM
I hope he's pissed off...maybe it will light a fire under his ass to not fumble away another game against the Bears, or not become practically invisible in the second half of the season.

In 2007, we needed to put an APB out on the kid by November. Jones showed some great attributes last year...but he needs to take his game up a notch to be a starting caliber player. Granted, that is typical for a rookie...the NFL season is longer and more taxing than the college season.

The Packers consistently use at least 3 WRs, and with Driver reaching the point where he will start to decline, it makes a lot of sense to grab a WR...especially in a draft where there really wasn't a great one but an awful lot of good ones. Rodgers and Brohm can use as many weapons as they can get...neither of them is a first ballot HOF talent, and all of us have forgotten just what it is like to not have a legend under center.

KYPack
04-27-2008, 07:28 AM
We are now hearing how livid Bretrt was when they drafted ARod. Every pro gets pissed when they make a high pick at his postion. These are the most competitive people on earth.

So management subjects them to...competition.

Brings out the best, ya know.

Packnut
04-27-2008, 08:31 AM
Ever since this bastard fumble away $500 of my hard earned dollars, I've hated him. I hope he hears Nelson's foot-steps in his nightmares!

RashanGary
04-27-2008, 08:35 AM
What do you think Jones, Driver, Jennings, Krob and Martin will do when the team breaks for their month off in June. Something tells me they won't be "chillin" takin time off to rest their bodies.

gbpackfan
04-27-2008, 08:52 AM
IF this is true, who gives a flying fuck! Step up kid. I guarantee you Donald Driver could CARE LESS. If anything, he is probably excited to add a new weapon on O.

James Jones needs to worry about holding onto the damn ball instead of who the Packers are drafting!!!!

red
04-27-2008, 08:55 AM
WOW how things change in a say

2 days ago everyone here would have lined up to drop to their knees for jones

now he's a worthless pile of shit that we don't need because he can't do anything right

GrnBay007
04-27-2008, 09:50 AM

now he's a worthless pile of shit that we don't need because he can't do anything right

Not everyone!

TheRaven
04-27-2008, 10:17 AM
This wasn't like he called a press conference to talk about it. Someone overheard him in an autograph line after the pick came in. Who cares?

JJ is going to be a solid NFL WR. I have no doubts in that. We need 3 good WRs and Driver isn't going to be around forever. There will be enough balls for everyone.

Carolina_Packer
04-27-2008, 10:39 AM

I think that's too broad a characterization. I certainly wasn't "piling on" Jones. Geez, the guy just finished his first year. He made an impact, and should be a solid receiver. I'm glad we have him.

Scott Campbell
04-27-2008, 10:41 AM

I think that's too broad a characterization. I certainly wasn't "piling on" Jones. Geez, the guy just finished his first year. He made an impact, and should be a solid receiver. I'm glad we have him.

Jones had a good year. Take away that first Bear game, and his fade down the stretch, and you might call it a very good year.

mission
04-27-2008, 04:04 PM
what a complete non-thread

who the hell DIDNT say "why the fuck did they do that?"

jordy?
wr?
white?
who?
huh?
im sure he'll be a stud since i know nothing about him...

MadtownPacker
04-27-2008, 04:10 PM
I like this pick alot. Every team needs the token white guy WR. It's almost a rule in the movies. :lol:

mission
04-27-2008, 04:11 PM
I like this pick alot. Every team needs the token white guy WR. It's almost a rule in the movies. :lol:

lol now we just need an ese and some asian punter dude

AtlPackFan
04-27-2008, 04:24 PM

Then why reply?

Jesus Christ people, lighten up. All I did was post an article. I didn't write it, I didn't say it, I didn't comment on it one way or another.

Scott Campbell
04-27-2008, 04:28 PM

Then why reply?

Jesus Christ people, lighten up. All I did was post an article. I didn't write it, I didn't say it, I didn't comment on it one way or another.

It's draft day. People have to bitch about something.

mission
04-27-2008, 04:31 PM
who said i was bitching?

i didnt mean non-thread, im sorry... i meant...

non issue...

i said the same thing that jones said... everyone did. he could have been upset about it from a personal standpoint but i have a hard time thinking his comment WASNT inspired by the same thing that inspired that comment from thousands of packer fans across the country.

it wouldnt be a TT first pick without a bunch of "what the fucks?"

thats all i meant... i think "lighten up" can apply to everyone here.

it's the internet... people like me exist. :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
04-27-2008, 05:49 PM
With five receivers, its not like Jones is gonna lose a job.

Driver is getting old. Most seasons you get an injury.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2008, 07:09 PM
who said i was bitching?

i didnt mean non-thread, im sorry... i meant...

non issue...

Same here.

b bulldog
04-27-2008, 10:17 PM
KRob and Martin better worry. Both players are UFA at years end and neither will be here in 09 imo.