PDA

View Full Version : Subjective Draft Evaluation (day 1)

Lurker64
04-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Rank, in order of your personal happiness with the pick, the three second round picks the Packers made today. One being for the pick you liked the most, three being for the pick you liked the least.

There are no ties, ties are for the indecisive.

Me?
1) Patrick Lee
2) Jordy Nelson
3) Brian Brohm

packers11
04-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Lee

Nelson
Brohm

:lol:

red
04-26-2008, 09:42 PM
1.LEE

2.BROHM

infinity+1.NELSON

Lurker64
04-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Cute, but could we indicate "degree of preference" with words instead of whitespace? Just because the internet is a better place if it's readable.

red
04-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Cute, but could we indicate "degree of preference" with words instead of whitespace? Just because the internet is a better place if it's readable.

better?

Tarlam!
04-27-2008, 04:57 AM
I'm a Homer. 1,2,3 just as TT picked 'em.

The Leaper
04-27-2008, 07:18 AM
1. Nelson - I really like the Nelson pick. He's going to be a starting WR for the Packers within 3 years. While Jones has great hands, I don't see much ability to break tackles and make moves at this point. Nelson has the hands AND has the moves and is incredibly smart.
2. Lee - I've all along said that I would be extremely upset if TT didn't get a CB on day one. It was our biggest area of need IMO, so getting Lee was crucial. However, Lee is very raw IMO. He's going to take time to adjust to the next level.
3. Brohm - Not overly excited on Brohm. I think he is a reasonable value where we got him, but to me he's going to be a #3 QB this year and I would rather have addressed the #2 TE spot with Bennett.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-27-2008, 08:09 AM
I am very happy with day one. Nelson looks like a very good player who will be here for a long time. If Jones doesn't like it, o well. As many have said already, we had no needs so someone is bound to be pissed off. And if he had confidence in himself, had would have never made the comments he did, I bet Jennings and Driver slept just fine yesterday.

Brohm is probably my favorite pick. With Brohm we just heavily increased our odds of having the QB of the future for the next ten years on the team. Once we find our young pro bowl QB, I see great things for this team under TT. I really don't want to be the team never has a good QB and never goes anywhere. Good pick TT.

I'm on the fence with Lee. I neither hate it or very much like it. His seems to fit our scheme and we badly needed a CB, so we'll see how he turns out. I would like to add another CB in day two.

TheRaven
04-27-2008, 10:12 AM
I like the Brohm pick. Now we can lock up a young QB with some good potential to a very reasonable contract. It is almost impossible to see a good QB hit the FA market, and if they did, the contract would be ridiculous. I much prefer to target one in this fashion. This is a guy ranked #2 by many experts at the QB position. To be able to get him in the late 2nd is a coup.

I also like the Lee pick. We need some young, talented CB help.

I will be honest, I don't know what to say about the Jordy pick. We've hit on Jennings and Jones recently, two guys definitely that most people felt were reaches. I am willing to give Jordy a year or two and see what he can do. Considering TT felt the need to grab him where he did, I have high hopes.