PDA

View Full Version : The National Media Speaks - Packers

packers11
04-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Jordy Nelson :

Comment: Nelson is a surprise pick here considering their WR corps as it stands. He'll not only help on offense thanks to his good set of hands, but he'll also contribute on special teams.
: Sportsline.com

I love this pick. Nelson, one of my "sleepers" all pre-draft season, is a giant target with hands of glue. The Kansas State kid caught 122 balls last season, saving his best for the Wildcats' biggest games. Another target for Aaron Rodgers to grow with in Green Bay.
: Foxsports.com

Brian Brohm

Comment: I didn't think that the Packers would pull the trigger on Brohm, but it makes sense for a number of reasons. For starters, he's a great fit for the West-Coast Offense. He's a nice playmaker who could probably do a nice job in a pinch. Exactly what you want from your backup QB. And, he could carry some trade value in a couple of years.
:Sportsline.com

The Packers scoop up Brohm, a guy many predicted to go in the top 20, at 56th overall. Brohm was a Sports Illustrated cover boy in high school and a star since his freshman year in college. A topsy turvy senior season bumps him to the second round — but the guy can play. Aaron Rodgers has some competition up in Green Bay.
:Foxsports.com

Patrick Lee

Comment: Patrick Lee has decent size and speed to go with an aggressive, physical nature. Will need to be coached up some after minimal college experience. Might be a dimeback in Green Bay this season, but at least the Packers have injected a little youth into their CB corps.
:Sportsline.com

Woodson and Harris aren't getting any younger. Patrick Lee was a ball hawk at Auburn, intercepting four passes last season. Pretty good size and plenty of potential--a solid pick at DB.
:Foxsports.com

BallHawk
04-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the quotes, 11.

Sounds like the media has finally realized that TT is usually right and decided to suck up to his picks. :D

packers11
04-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Green Bay Packers
Grade: A-

The Packers used their usual best-player-available strategy with each pick, from No. 37 (Jordy Nelson) to No. 56 (Brian Brohm), and came away with a solid cornerback prospect (Auburn's Patrick Lee) at the end of the second round. GM Ted Thompson knows what he's doing.

:rotoworld.com