PDA

View Full Version : Where's the pressure?

RashanGary
04-26-2008, 11:05 PM
I think the most pressure is on Aaron Rodgers.

McCarthy has quickly proven himself as a good coach.

Thompson built a winner and now has a backup plan at QB

Rodgers is inheriting a team that just went 13-3 and went to the NFC championship game and almost to the SB. He has another weapon on offense. He has a quality player drafted high backing him up. His Oline should get better. His RB situation should get better. The defense and ST's should be the same or better. There is no where for him to run. In my opinion this season is going to be all about Aaron Rodgers one way or the other.

Should he feel the pressure? Should it be all him? Probably not, but the way the team played last year he has no excuse and if the team flounders it is going to be all on him - fair or not. Whether it's healthy or productive for him ot think that way, that's the way it's going to be. Maybe he's not a good QB and he takes all kind of flack. That's tough to see people go through, but in the world of professional sports, you're expected to win and if you don't people are going to talk about why you failed.

MM had to earn his respect. TT had to earn his through trials of fire. Now Rodgers has to earn his. I'm not going to tear him down as a person, but if he fails I'll be right on the wagon for giving Brohm a chance next year.

oregonpackfan
04-26-2008, 11:12 PM
JH,

I agree with your selection and your arguments involving all three men. Rodgers by far has the most to prove, IMO.