PDA

View Full Version : Good 1st Day-Job well Done Teddy!

Packnut
04-27-2008, 08:18 AM
I believe this was a very positive 1st day of draft picks. Thompson did an excellent job of protecting us at 2 critical positions and finally found a nickel back that won't make us vomit every time he comes on the field (Bush).

Now yeah, I know some here will say I'm being hypocritical because I ripped the Harrell pick but that was due to a more pressing need (saftey). Teddy passed on a guy that would have played saftey for us for the next 10 years and played it well.

This scenario is very different. First there was'nt anyone at 30 that would have helped much. Trading down was the thing to do. Nelson is a STUD plain and simple. He has the "IT" factor. He beat Talib like a old rug beaten by a grandma. Watch some film on him cause this guy just flat out makes plays. One thing I've learned is that due to how much the position is injured, you can NEVER have enough quality WR's. Last point- going over the middle in the NFL is a suicide mission. We've been spoiled by DD. Now meet DD #2, only this guy has the build for it.

I love the QB pick for 2 reasons. First. this guy fits our WC offense like a glove fits a hand. I can see him in a 5 wide set very easily. Second is the injury factor. It's the law of averages my friends. Rodgers will get hurt and when that happens, we now have a guy that will give us a chance.

Our CB pick is a freakin steal. First he played in the SEC- nuff said. Second, we now have a nickel back that will hold his own and he will only get better. This is the perfect scenario. Play nickel and learn from 2 of the best so that when his time comes, he's ready. Plus, in the case of a disaster, he can play saftey.

My final point on Lee and Nelson is that both can play special teams. We don't have to worry about seeing Woodson back there anymore. I love Blackmon but let's face it- he can't stay on the field. Returning kicks will now be a strength and not a weakness.

Thompson did an oustanding job on day 1. To me, this was like buying a HUGE insurance policy. Bravo Teddy, Bravo!

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-27-2008, 08:22 AM
I basically feel the same. Nice write up.

Packnut
04-27-2008, 08:24 AM
I basically feel the same. Nice write up.

Yeah Ted done good.

Scott Campbell
04-27-2008, 08:26 AM
I believe this was a very positive 1st day of draft picks.

You're scaring me.

Packnut
04-27-2008, 08:29 AM

You're scaring me.

Believe it or not, some people do have the ability to be objective and not trust blindly. Try it sometime, you may find the middle ground very appealing......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RashanGary
04-27-2008, 08:31 AM
Packnut, I think this guy is a lot like DD as well. When Driver was the only WR in GB, everyone knew where it was going. They double covered Driver every play and he still got open (even if it was just a sliver). That's what it's like watching this guy. You know where it's going. The defense does everything it can to stop it, but you can't cover him. I love that pick.

I'm also a HUGE fan of the Brohm pick. I did not feel comfortable with Rodgers and nothing else. This is a talented player that is proven in college and has a chance.

I don't like the DB. He didn't get on the field enough in college. I don't know that we can count on him to do big things. I wouldn't be suprised if Tramon Williams beats him for the nickle spot. TT knows more than me though. We'll see how it goes.

Scott Campbell
04-27-2008, 08:35 AM

You're scaring me.

Believe it or not, some people do have the ability to be objective and not trust blindly. Try it sometime, you may find the middle ground very appealing......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blind trust might be a little strong. I'm more cautiously optimistic. I'm probably not as optimistic on these guys as you are, as I just don't know how they really project at the NFL level. But I'm hopeful.

Fritz
04-27-2008, 08:36 AM
I believe this was a very positive 1st day of draft picks. Thompson did an excellent job of protecting us at 2 critical positions and finally found a nickel back that won't make us vomit every time he comes on the field (Bush).

Now yeah, I know some here will say I'm being hypocritical because I ripped the Harrell pick but that was due to a more pressing need (saftey). Teddy passed on a guy that would have played saftey for us for the next 10 years and played it well.

This scenario is very different. First there was'nt anyone at 30 that would have helped much. Trading down was the thing to do. Nelson is a STUD plain and simple. He has the "IT" factor. He beat Talib like a old rug beaten by a grandma. Watch some film on him cause this guy just flat out makes plays. One thing I've learned is that due to how much the position is injured, you can NEVER have enough quality WR's. Last point- going over the middle in the NFL is a suicide mission. We've been spoiled by DD. Now meet DD #2, only this guy has the build for it.

I love the QB pick for 2 reasons. First. this guy fits our WC offense like a glove fits a hand. I can see him in a 5 wide set very easily. Second is the injury factor. It's the law of averages my friends. Rodgers will get hurt and when that happens, we now have a guy that will give us a chance.

Our CB pick is a freakin steal. First he played in the SEC- nuff said. Second, we now have a nickel back that will hold his own and he will only get better. This is the perfect scenario. Play nickel and learn from 2 of the best so that when his time comes, he's ready. Plus, in the case of a disaster, he can play saftey.

My final point on Lee and Nelson is that both can play special teams. We don't have to worry about seeing Woodson back there anymore. I love Blackmon but let's face it- he can't stay on the field. Returning kicks will now be a strength and not a weakness.

Thompson did an oustanding job on day 1. To me, this was like buying a HUGE insurance policy. Bravo Teddy, Bravo!

I don't see that being able to be critical of one draft and positive about another is hypocritical at all.

I liked the picks all in all, but that's only because I'd actually heard of two of the three picks this year.

red
04-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Packnut, I think this guy is a lot like DD as well. When Driver was the only WR in GB, everyone knew where it was going. They double covered Driver every play and he still got open (even if it was just a sliver). That's what it's like watching this guy. You know where it's going. The defense does everything it can to stop it, but you can't cover him. I love that pick.

I don't like the DB. He didn't get on the field enough in college. I don't know that we can count on him to do big things. I wouldn't be suprised if Tramon Williams beats him for the nickle spot. TT knows more than me though. We'll see how it goes.

how can you say that about lee, but not about jordy?

both were one year starters, both were backups the rest of their career

Packnut
04-27-2008, 08:38 AM

I'm also a HUGE fan of the Brohm pick. I did not feel comfortable with Rodgers and nothing else. This is a talented player that is proven in college and has a chance.

I bet a lot on KS games and saw 6 of them on tv. Nelson just blew me away. This guy is freakin un-believable. He runs routes like a 10 year vet. The difference between him and everyone else is he understands getting the correct depth on routes. He understands how to read a defense. Has football smarts. I cannot say enough about him.

Brohm got a bad rap because his team-mates let him down. He had a defense that was non-exisitent and knew he had to put up 50+ every game. Great mechanics and also has football smarts.

The best thing about Lee is he can learn. He's very raw but has tons of potential. He will be a very good DB in a few years.

gbpackfan
04-27-2008, 08:42 AM
Loved the first round. Wish we had gotten a TE, but day 2 is about to start!

RashanGary
04-27-2008, 08:43 AM
The best thing about Lee is he can learn. He's very raw but has tons of potential. He will be a very good DB in a few years.

I just don't believe in the "he can learn" thing most of the time. He might pan out, I'm just not particularly high on that pick.

RashanGary
04-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Loved the first round. Wish we had gotten a TE, but day 2 is about to start!

Umm we didn't get anyone in the first round :)