PDA

View Full Version : ROTOWORLD LOVES THE PACKERS 1st DAY

gbpackfan
04-27-2008, 08:59 AM
Packers selected Kansas State WR Jordy Nelson with the No. 36 overall pick in the NFL draft.

Donald Driver might not be long for Green Bay after this season. In Nelson, Greg Jennings, and James Jones, Green Bay has a fantastic young trio of weapons for Aaron Rodgers to throw to. Nelson is a tough competitor with fantastic short area quickness and hands. It will be tough for Nelson to get on the field as a rookie, and long-term he profiles as a slot receiver. We love the player, but this is one of the most surprising picks of the draft. Of course, so was Jennings at the time.

Packers selected Louisville QB Brian Brohm with the No. 56 pick of the NFL Draft.

He's a great West Coast offense fit because of his smarts, touch, and accuracy. While he doesn't jump out physically, Brohm fell too far due to system concerns. Aaron Rodgers will be the unquestioned starter this year, but a QB controversy is not far away. It's a good problem to have and smart to have depth with Rodgers' durability questions. Keep in mind that Mike McCarthy was not around when Rodgers was drafted.

Packers selected Auburn CB Patrick Lee with the No. 60 pick in the NFL Draft.

Ted Thompson keeps knocking them down. After getting great value with skill position picks, he takes a physical corner that fits perfectly their press coverage schemes. Lee is something of a one-year wonder, but his competitive drive should help him replace Al Harris in a year or two.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=115660

woodbuck27
04-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Yup.

Late last night I was on Packers.Com and reading their articles on TT's picks. Their positions aside.

I believe that these three prospects offer hope for OUR future. :D

All three are certainly premium prospects. Not unknown's! OUR Scout Team is very high on these young men. They scouted them carefully and confidently recommended all three.

The bonus is we picked up an additional pick today in the fourth round.I expect to see TT add another pick in the 6th round (open last time I checked) with another trade down . At least one more trade down we'll see today. So We may see 10 -12 more prospects from this draft by days end added to our Roster. Plus FA Undrafted prospects added early next week.

TT may addd a Vet QB and I had hoped he's pull in Vet.CB and "Pro Bowler" Lito Sheppard from the Eagles, alas no it seems.

Another exciting day for OUR future today Packer fans. :D

PACKERS FOREVER!

packinpatland
04-27-2008, 01:12 PM
I honestly haven't been following much........ why is DD not going to be around after this season?

mission
04-27-2008, 04:17 PM
I honestly haven't been following much........ why is DD not going to be around after this season?

same here. thats the third reference to that ive read in like the last 10 minutes... was'hat'nin?

pbmax
04-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Contract year, isn't it?

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Contract year, isn't it?

No.