PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers vs Brohm

MadtownPacker
04-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Very high odds it's going to come down to this some point this season or next. Just want to see who is down with who right now. Remember the question is not about now but in the long run.

Gunakor
04-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Brohm might be a little bit better suited to our offense, but Rodgers seemed pretty comfortable running the WCO at Dallas too. How about whichever one we can get a higher draft pick for a few years down the road goes and the other stays? Either one seems able.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2008, 03:37 PM
I like both guys a bit. If Rodgers can stay healthy, I think he's the better QB. He has the same things Brohm has + mobility.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Gee, this didn't take long.

packerbacker1234
04-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Brohm I believe has a very accurate arm on not just short, but medium and long passes as well. Also, he seems to be pretty decent at scrambling, where as Rodgers just rolls out to the right and thats it.

Rodgers has more mobility, but as Favre has proven time and time again, instincts to avoid the rush with minor scrambling is more important then being able to run. Hence, I vote for Brohm. I don't hate rodgers, he has his little odd things just like Favre did (Favre held the ball low and at his side, rodgers holds it high and by his head).

Overall though, I am OK with either, but Rodgers is going to HAVE TO FIND A WAY to stay ont he field. We were spoiled with favre, but we wont accept a QB that miss's 2-3 games a year due to injury. No idea if Brohm will be better in that respect, but I am sure he'll get a chance.

MadtownPacker
04-27-2008, 04:00 PM
This thread is outdated.

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=12316

Iron Mike
04-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah, what about Matt Flynn??

MadtownPacker
04-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah, what about Matt Flynn??Click on the link you Jack in the ass.

Iron Mike
04-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah, what about Matt Flynn??Click on the link you Jack in the ass.

What link, hijo de puta? :wink:

The Leaper
04-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Rodgers has all the necessary tools to be a successful QB. If he stays healthy...with the weapons Thompson has now given him...he'll do just fine.

MadtownPacker
04-28-2008, 01:51 AM
This thread is outdated.

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=12316This link, pinche joto mamon.

Mazzin
04-28-2008, 06:25 AM
In the draft mag. I got, it said that B.B.'s THREE biggest flaws are, That he stays a little banged up, has to low of a release point, Last but definatly not least, it actually says " Is like a statue in the pocket, and can't throw on the run, without his feet under him." Which is what Flynn is good at. Funny huh?

Iron Mike
04-28-2008, 07:57 AM
This thread is outdated.

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=12316This link, pinche joto mamon.

That's it!! I'm putting you on "ignore!!!"

$1 to Red. :lol:

RashanGary
04-28-2008, 08:14 AM
I'm going to vote Brohm long term. I don't like Rodgers pocket awareness. He doesn't slide and pass. It's either drop back, set and pass or drop back set and scramble. In footage I've seen of Brohm, he gets a rush, slides his feet to avoid pressure and passes. He seems very comfortable in the pocket. I also like what Jaws and Steve Young had to say about him. He also ran a 4.69 40 so he's plenty fast and althletic. He was also drafted as an MLB baseball player so he's not a stiff. I've heard he's not great passing on the run. Well, I believe that is something that comes with practice and in the NFL you can practice more than 20 hours per week. He'll also get to attend teh QB school and practice it every day. All and all, I think Brohm has an NFL skillset. I like his chances.

I like Rodgers but he looks giddy in the pocket. I like his arm. I like his mobility. I like his command of the offense. I didn't like his accuracy in the last game, he was behind WR's just a touch on most throws but that might be the "welcome to the speed of a real game" moment for him. More than anything the problem I have with Rodgers is his pocket awareness. It seems like the good ones know where they want to go, get pressure, slide and still ahve a feel for what is going on down field enough to unload a nice pass after avoidance. I don't see that from Rodgers. I see a guy who gets flustered and runs. I didn't see that in Brohm.

The Leaper
04-28-2008, 08:39 AM
I like Rodgers but he looks giddy in the pocket.

He didn't look like that at Cal...just as Brohm didn't look like that at Louisville.

There is a big difference between standing in the pocket in the NCAA and standing in the pocket in the NFL. The defenses are far more adept at masking coverages and making reads more difficult at the next level...and the guys trying to rip your head off are much larger and faster.

I guarantee you that Brohm isn't going to look ultra-comfortable in the pocket during preseason. That comes only from having the chance to get out on the field in actual game situations and gaining experience.

RashanGary
04-28-2008, 08:48 AM
We'll see. I like Brohm. I don't hate Rodgers either. The team seems to love him. Everyone is behind him. JJ recently said that Rodgers knows the offense better than Brett and throws the ball just as hard (I believe it, Bretts arm is still good, but it really dropped off from 10 years ago when it was special). It'll be a fun time finding out who's the guy. I just hope it's one of them and I feel a lot better having two high picks duking it out rather than selling out on one.

LL2
04-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Rodgers is the guy. He will have the year to prove himself, and if he sucks Brohm will get his chance next year. Brohm isn't ready yet. I'm in favor of letting a QB sit on the bench for a year or two. Even if Brohm plays lights out in the preseason it will only help his trade value not his chance to be the starter. There is a difference between regular season and preseason. Brohm is a couple years younger and provides great insurance.

What I like is that between Rodgers and Brohm the Packers have a really good chance of having a great starting QB for years to come. TT is a smart guy.

RashanGary
04-28-2008, 10:04 AM
I woudln't say really good chance at a great one, but I'd say good chance at a good one which is better than hanging it all on an unproven Rodgers. I'm very happy with that pick.

Tarlam!
04-28-2008, 10:11 AM
I just hope we got the better outta Henne and Brohm. If Henne turns into a HOFer, I might be disappointed.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2008, 10:24 AM
I woudln't say really good chance at a great one, but I'd say good chance at a good one which is better than hanging it all on an unproven Rodgers. I'm very happy with that pick.

Brohm is even more unproven than Rodgers. Just look at where they were drafted to get a feel for what type of prospect each guy is/was coming into the NFL. Rodgers drafted late 1st round. Brohm drafted late 2nd round.

Chubbyhubby
04-28-2008, 11:39 AM
It boils down to Rodgers durablilty. With Favre that was NEVER an issue but Rodgers is a question mark. I expect the Packers to really test all 3 QB's this summer. I am glad they addressed the QB in the draft. I had a feeling that they would draft 2 QB's just didn't know which one. All in all this draft class looks pretty damn good.