PDA

View Full Version : Matt Flynn

Brando19
04-27-2008, 04:39 PM
I have a question about Flynn. Was he the starting QB for LSU last year when they won the national title?

Partial
Yes

Lurker64
I have a question about Flynn. Was he the starting QB for LSU last year when they won the national title?

He was. It was also his first year as a starter, and the team lost two quality WRs to the draft the year before (Bowe and Davis).

Packnut
04-27-2008, 04:40 PM

Yes

Brando19
04-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Holy crap. Thanks guys. I do believe in the next few years, we'll have the best QB's in the league. Things are starting to look up at the QB position!

Packnut
04-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Holy crap. Thanks guys. I do believe in the next few years, we'll have the best QB's in the league. Things are starting to look up at the QB position!

He need's work, but he ain't bad. If I recall his #1 WR Doucet was injured a lot last season.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2008, 06:11 PM
He was. It was also his first year as a starter, and the team lost two quality WRs to the draft the year before (Bowe and Davis).

Wasn't he the starter before Russell got there, and then lost his job for a couple of years?

Lurker64
04-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Wasn't he the starter before Russell got there, and then lost his job for a couple of years?

Russell and Flynn redshirted the same year and competed to be the starter the following year. Russell won out and Flynn was the backup. In his sophomore and junior seasons he appeared in seven games each, but he didn't have the opportunity to start until Russell left the Tigers.

the_idle_threat
04-27-2008, 07:23 PM
The best Flynn highlight vid, not because of the highlights, but because of the theme music:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RRkeem3RIKE

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GBRulz
04-27-2008, 07:25 PM
This guy looks so much like Matt Damon.

Thank you, TT for some great EC picks this year!!!

BallHawk
04-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Thank you, TT for some great EC picks this year!!!

I guess Brohm is an EC pick if you're into 15 year-old boys.

the_idle_threat
04-27-2008, 07:42 PM
What are you trying to guage interest?

:twisted:

Oh yeah, that's right ... you're actually 46 years old and work for the FBI. Silly question.

Lurker64
04-28-2008, 01:05 AM
Oh, also of interest is that Flynn managed to hold off LSU's monster recruit at QB (Ryan Perrilloux) to win the job his senior season. A senior should probably beat out a freshman every time, but it's good that he held off the ninety-five star hotly recruited QB prospect that will be tearing it up at LSU this year, more than likely.

So he can play, and I like his ability to develop longterm. He's pretty green, but not as green as a guy like Ingle Martin or Jerry Babb, and he has a higher ceiling too.