PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL 2008 UNDRAFTED FREE AGENCY THREAD!!!

Lurker64
04-27-2008, 05:31 PM
We're out of picks, and our guys are on the phone! In his post draft press conference Thompson says both "There are still some names that we feel would be good additions to our team" and also indicates that he's not sure if they'll go all the way to 80 players now (with 12 UDFA) or leave some room for later.

Rastak
04-27-2008, 05:34 PM
We're out of picks, and our guys are on the phone! In his post draft press conference Thompson says both "There are still some names that we feel would be good additions to our team" and also indicates that he's not sure if they'll go all the way to 80 players now (with 12 UDFA) or leave some room for later.

Great idea for a thread, unfortunately I have to pull an Admiral Stockdale..."I'm fresh out of ammo".

See if anyone gets that obscure reference.....

Bretsky
04-27-2008, 05:34 PM
I don't have a good feel for any names left

Somebody throw out a list of guys left with ability that you like.

There is a white HB from UW Whitewater who the Packers have expressed interest in from Palmyra.

Travis Biemer or something like that; fast due with power who wants a chance.

WHO ELSE ?

Bretsky
04-27-2008, 05:35 PM
DID ANY PUNTERS GET PICKED ???

Lurker64
04-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Of the list of guys we had in for visits or were caught expressing interest in the following are left standing (by my count). Interestingly, Swain was one of the guys we had in for a visit before we drafted him. No one else we drafted was on either of these lists (originally published by the Journal Sentinel.)

Visited:
WR Luke Swan, Wisconsin
C Eric Scott, Kentucky
LB Danny Lansanah, Connecticut
P Ken DeBauche, Wisconsin
LB Justin Roland, Kansas State
TE Mike Peterson, NW Missouri State

Drew Interest:
OLB Brian Smith, McNeese State
WR Brooks Little, South Dakota
S Lamar Morgan, Louisiana-Lafayette
OT Darren Marquez, Southern Illinois
S Jerod Parrish, Tennessee
RB/WR/KR Anthony Aldridge, Houston
WR/KR Samuel Gigure, Sherbroke University (Montreal)
C Adam Hill, Louisiana-Monroe
WR Brian Paysinger, Oregon
OL Tim McCutcheon, California (Pa.)
OL Mitch Erickson, South Dakota State
QB Tommy Grady, Utah.

Also Bretsky, I believe the #2 Punter on the Board (Dragosavich out of North Dakota) is still available, he has a big leg.

gbpackfan
04-27-2008, 05:44 PM
WR Maurice Purify said the Packers were after him.

arcilite
04-27-2008, 05:47 PM
I want Vince Hall, LB Virginia Tech

Partial
04-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Kenny DeBauche is a good punter. I wouldn't mind seeing him brought in for the sake of competition.

texaspackerbacker
04-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Dragosevich never got drafted, did he? I think he's better than De Bauche.

Lurker64
04-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Dragosevich never got drafted, did he? I think he's better than De Bauche.

He did not, Durant Brooks was the only punter drafted.

Scott Campbell
04-27-2008, 06:02 PM
QB Tommy Grady, Utah.

Don't bother. He's terrible.

cpk1994
04-27-2008, 06:21 PM
DID ANY PUNTERS GET PICKED ???Yes. And a long snapper was drafted as well.

Lurker64
04-27-2008, 06:23 PM
According to Scott Wright's NFLDraftcountdown.com (not any sort of authority, but a convenient source of lists) here are some of the top undrafted prospects:

Top Undrafted Prospects (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/results/topundrafted.html)

1. Erin Henderson, OLB, Maryland
2. Wesley Woodyard, OLB, Kentucky
3. Darrell Robertson, DE, Georgia Tech
4. Ali Highsmith, OLB, L.S.U.
5. Gary Guyton, OLB, Georgia Tech
6. Drew Radovich, OG, USC
7. Curtis Johnson, OLB, Clark Atlanta
8. Jamar Adams, S, Michigan
9. Tommy Blake, DE, T.C.U.
10. Kerry Brown, OG, Appalachian St.
11. Eric Young, OG, Tennessee
12. David Roach, S, T.C.U.
13. Ezra Butler, OLB, Nevada
14. William Robinson, OT, San Diego St.
15. Jolonn Dunbar, ILB, Boston College
16. D.J. Hall, WR, Alabama
17. Michael Grant, CB, Arkansas
18. Louis Holmes, DE, Arizona
19. Wallace Gilberry, DE, Alabama
20. Anthony Alridge, RB, Houston
21. Curtis Gatewood, OLB, Vanderbilt
22. Pedro Sosa, OG, Rutgers
23. Darius Reynaud, WR, West Virginia
24. Robert Felton, OG, Arkansas
25. Dorien Bryant, WR, Purdue 26. Franklin Dunbar, OT, Middle Tenn. St.
27. Martail Burnett, DE, Utah
28. J Leman, ILB, Illinois
29. Steve Octavien, OLB, Nebraska
30. Kelly Poppinga, OLB, B.Y.U.
31. Jonathan Hefney, S, Tennessee
32. Keilen Dykes, DE, West Virginia
33. Maurice Purify, WR, Nebraska
34. Titus Brown, DE, Mississippi St.
35. Chad Simpson, RB, Morgan St.
36. Ben Moffitt, ILB, South Florida
37. Dennis Keyes, S, UCLA
38. Marcus Griffin, S, Texas
39. Mike Dragosavich, P, North Dakota St.
40. Kyle Wright, QB, Miami (FL)
41. Lamar Myles, OLB, Louisville
42. Calvin Dawson, RB, Louisiana-Monroe
43. Paul Smith, QB, Tulsa
44. Todd Blythe, WR, Iowa St.
45. Marcus Dixon, DE, Hampton
46. Darnell Terrell, CB, Missouri
47. Ryan Grice-Mullen, WR, Hawaii
48. Lance Leggett, WR, Miami (FL)
49. Steven Hauschka, K, North Carolina St.
50. Fernando Velasco, C, Georgia

I think we stay away from the QBs and WRs and make a point of bringing in an RB a safety, and some bodies for the lines. Also I'd like to see Dragosavich.

hawaii50
04-27-2008, 07:07 PM

Since I'm assuming poppinga isn't a very common last name, me thinks he could be our very own brady's little bro 8-)

GBRulz
04-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Kenny DeBauche is a good punter. I wouldn't mind seeing him brought in for the sake of competition.

I am cheering this guy on, big time. He's my best friends cousin. I've met him a few times, really nice guy.

The local ABC team is on their way to his house now to do an interview with him for the 10 o'clock news. His Mom is like calling everyone saying "kenny got signed by the Packers" and she's crying. Kinda cool.

Lurker64
04-27-2008, 07:09 PM
The local ABC team is on their way to his house now to do an interview with him for the 10 o'clock news. His Mom is like calling everyone saying "kenny got signed by the Packers" and she's crying. Kinda cool.

Did we sign him? I haven't seen this anywhere. I'm happy if we did though.

GBRulz
04-27-2008, 07:19 PM

Did we sign him? I haven't seen this anywhere. I'm happy if we did though.

No. I apologize if my quote was misleading, but it's what his Mom is saying. She's just damn happy about her boy having a shot with the Packers. Can't blame her!

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2008, 08:29 PM

Cute story, but I think I'd rather get the guy from North Dakota State. Dude has big-time potential.

Bretsky
04-27-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm off the Ryan train; I hope GB gets the guy with the strongest leg in here

Bretsky
04-27-2008, 08:36 PM
By Greg A. Bedard
Sunday, Apr 27 2008, 08:30 PM

Green Bay - Wisconsin punter Ken Debauche has agreed to terms on a free-agent contract with the Packers, according to Journal Sentinel Badgers beat writer Mark Stewart.

Debauche is a native of Suamico, a Green Bay suburb, and he attended Bayport High School.

Debauche, 6-1 and 218 pounds, averaged 42.5 yards, which ranks second all-time at Wisconsin. Only 115 of 231 attempts were returned. Can also on placekicks.

the_idle_threat
04-27-2008, 08:41 PM
In other news, The Packers have signed Whodat LeDouche, a long snapper out of Wassamatta U.

Contract terms undisclosed.

Badgepack
04-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Safety - Joe Garcia - Texas Tech 6-1, 225 - 4.62

Big strong kid with exceptional IQ, attitude, and a friend of mine that I'd love to see on the Packers.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2008, 09:42 PM
We've signed a long snapper that looks intriguing, the Wisconsin punters, and this guy:

Northwest Missouri St. tight end Mike Peterson agreed to a contract with the Packers as an undrafted free agent, according to a source.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Three other guys signed. I don't know anything about these guys.

LB Danny Lansanah, UConn
RB Kregg Lumpkin, Georgia
WR Taj Smith, Syracuse

Charles Woodson
04-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Packers | Jansen signed
Sun, 27 Apr 2008 18:45:04 -0700

Paul Sheehy, of ProStar Sports Agency, has confirmed to KFFL the Green Bay Packers have signed undrafted free-agent LS J.J. Jansen (Notre Dame) to a three-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Charles Woodson
04-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Damn havent seen this much activity by Ted all yeaar!

red
04-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Kregg Lumpkin RB Georgia #6
Ht: 6'0
Wt: 224

Strengths:
Big, strong running back. A powerful running back. Has the ability to pick up the tough yards.
Weaknesses:
Not a great athlete. Below average speed. Not very quick; won't make anyone miss. A one dimensional power runner. Missed all of 2004 with torn ACL. Missed most of 2007 with torn meniscus.
Comments:
A third string running back with a history of knee injuries is simply undraftable, but Lumpkin has what it takes to draw interest as a free agent. If healthy, he could develop into a reliable option in short yardage situations.

Scott Campbell
04-27-2008, 10:10 PM

Since I'm assuming poppinga isn't a very common last name, me thinks he could be our very own brady's little bro 8-)

Yes, it is.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Sounds like Deshawn Wynn. Big kids with some talent but durability issues.

Scott Campbell
04-27-2008, 10:11 PM

Cute story, but I think I'd rather get the guy from North Dakota State. Dude has big-time potential.

HOMER!

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2008, 10:14 PM
If getting the guy that's rated higher means I'm a homer, then I'm a homer.
:D

b bulldog
04-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Hopefully he has a tad more heart than Wynn.

Carolina_Packer
04-27-2008, 11:20 PM
In other news, The Packers have signed Whodat LeDouche, a long snapper out of Wassamatta U.

In other news, the Packers also signed Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh who plans to announce his presence with authority.

the_idle_threat
04-27-2008, 11:23 PM

In other news, the Packers also signed Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh who plans to announce his presence with authority.

He's got an arm. Will he be tried at QB? Pack receivers thought they'd seen the last of "Favre finger."

cpk1994
04-27-2008, 11:48 PM

Cute story, but I think I'd rather get the guy from North Dakota State. Dude has big-time potential.And you are blind if you think Kenny doesn't.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2008, 11:54 PM
And you are blind if you think Kenny doesn't.

I don't know much about the Wisconsin punter. I thought their kicker was fantastic. I know the Wisconsin punter averaged a little over 42 yards/punt (which is pedestrian), and he was rated around 6th on most punter boards--while the other kid was rated 2nd on most boards. I've watched the NDSU punter a bit, and he's a big kid (close to 6'6") with a big leg. Actually, the NDSU kid is a bit like Jon Ryan, but he's pretty good getting it inside the 20 without kicking it into the endzone.

Strengths:
Has excellent size and a big frame...Displays strong and powerful leg...Great accuracy and placement...Very productive...Good athlete...Has a lot of experience.

Weaknesses:
Did not play against top competition...Didn't average many attempts the past two years...Needs to speed up his motion...Had a few punts blocked during his career.

Notes:
Nickname is "Drago"...Would have led Division I-AA in punting average as a junior and finished second as a senior if he had enough attempts..Is just the third Bison player to take part in the Senior Bowl..One of the top sleeper prospects available.

He averaged over 46 yards/punt over his last 3 years and over 40% of his punts went inside the 20 (and weren't touchbacks).

It will be interesting to see who has a better career in the NFL, if either one has a career.

cpk1994
04-28-2008, 12:03 AM
And you are blind if you think Kenny doesn't.

I don't know much about the Wisconsin punter. I thought their kicker was fantastic. I know the Wisconsin punter averaged a little over 42 yards/punt (which is pedestrian), and he was rated around 6th on most punter boards--while the other kid was rated 2nd on most boards. I've watched the NDSU punter a bit, and he's a big kid (close to 6'6") with a big leg. Actually, the NDSU kid is a bit like Jon Ryan, but he's pretty good getting it inside the 20 without kicking it into the endzone.

Strengths:
Has excellent size and a big frame...Displays strong and powerful leg...Great accuracy and placement...Very productive...Good athlete...Has a lot of experience.

Weaknesses:
Did not play against top competition...Didn't average many attempts the past two years...Needs to speed up his motion...Had a few punts blocked during his career.

Notes:
Nickname is "Drago"...Would have led Division I-AA in punting average as a junior and finished second as a senior if he had enough attempts..Is just the third Bison player to take part in the Senior Bowl..One of the top sleeper prospects available.

He averaged over 46 yards/punt his last 3 years and almost half his kicks went inside the 20 (and weren't touchbacks).

It will be interesting to see who has a better career in the NFL, if either one has a career.Kenny is much better than that 42 yard average. Kenny struggled this year by his own admission, but the year before he was an absolute beast, especially getting the ball inside the 20. Don't let that average fool you. He is much better than that.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2008, 12:07 AM
Kenny is much better than that 42 yard average. Kenny struggled this year by his own admission, but the year before he was an absolute beast, especially getting the ball inside the 20. Don't let that average fool you. He is much better than that.

Well, whatever, I wasn't dogging the Wisconsin punter. Just acknowledging a kid that I know first-hand that has a ton of potential and who was rated higher.

Lurker64
04-28-2008, 02:14 AM
WR Taj Smith, Syracuse

One wonders what Taj is thinking. Either nobody else was interested in signing him, or he's an egomaniac. It's going to be very hard for a street FA WR to make this team this year. It's going to be hard for our 7th round pick WR to make this team this year.

Still, I hope he breaks all of Jerry Rice's records, and plays 15 years in Green Bay.

MadtownPacker
04-28-2008, 02:30 AM
A Fresno State LB got signed as a UFA tonight.

Guiness
04-28-2008, 04:29 AM
Great idea for a thread, unfortunately I have to pull an Admiral Stockdale..."I'm fresh out of ammo".

See if anyone gets that obscure reference.....

Obscure...unless you happen to think US presidential elections are the pinacle of entertainment! Ross Perot's running mate, he was.

The quote - I don't remember it offhand. He was most famous (unfortunately) for his horrible showing at a televised debate. I bit of creative googling tells me he likely used that line in the debate, along with the "Who am I? Where am I?" opening.

I am SUCH a nerd... :roll:

Tarlam!
04-28-2008, 05:05 AM
No, he's most famous - at least in management circles - for damning optimists. He is often quoted in management books.

Patler
04-28-2008, 07:48 AM
I've watched the NDSU punter a bit, and he's a big kid (close to 6'6") with a big leg. Actually, the NDSU kid is a bit like Jon Ryan, but he's pretty good getting it inside the 20 without kicking it into the endzone.

Weaknesses:

Historically, big, tall long-legged punters have had problems adapting to the short amount of time they have to get the ball off in the pros. I have no idea about this kid, I've never seen him play, but I can see some teams seeing this as a concern.

Rastak
04-28-2008, 08:25 AM
The Vikings signed:

S Husain Abdullah of Washington State
DE Martail Burnett of Utah
DT Leger Douzable of Central Florida
S Marcus Griffin of Texas
K Steven Hauschka of NC State
LB Erin Henderson of Maryland
WR Nate Jones of Texas
CB Travis Key of Michigan State
LB Jeremy Leman of Illinois
C Tim Mattran of Stanford
OT Drew Radovich of USC
WR Darius Reynaud of West Virginia
CB Brandon Sumrall of Southern Mississippi
CB Marcus Walker of Oklahoma
QB Kyle Wright of Miami (FL)
RB Albert Young of Iowa

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Historically, big, tall long-legged punters have had problems adapting to the short amount of time they have to get the ball off in the pros. I have no idea about this kid, I've never seen him play, but I can see some teams seeing this as a concern.

That maybe true, but Ray Guy and Reggie Roby were pretty tall and they didn't have any problems. Look, both guys may never punt in the NFL. I just think the kid from NDSU is a heck of a punter. 46 yards/punt over his last 3 years, has shown the ability to directional punt, and he's quite the athlete. He made quite a few tackles in college. Maybe teams are concerned about his getoff time and they figure it will take him a couple of years to develop, and they don't want to invest the time to develop a punter.

MadScientist
04-28-2008, 11:08 AM
The Vikings signed:

S Husain Abdullah of Washington State
DE Martail Burnett of Utah
DT Leger Douzable of Central Florida
S Marcus Griffin of Texas
K Steven Hauschka of NC State
LB Erin Henderson of Maryland
WR Nate Jones of Texas
CB Travis Key of Michigan State
LB Jeremy Leman of Illinois
C Tim Mattran of Stanford
OT Drew Radovich of USC
WR Darius Reynaud of West Virginia
CB Brandon Sumrall of Southern Mississippi
CB Marcus Walker of Oklahoma
QB Kyle Wright of Miami (FL)
RB Albert Young of Iowa

Thanks for the update, but what is the reasoning of the bold names? I can't comment about most of the names, but Leman of Illinois looked really good last year, and if his ankle heals well, I wouldn't be surprised if he sticks.

Patler
04-28-2008, 11:28 AM

That maybe true, but Ray Guy and Reggie Roby were pretty tall and they didn't have any problems. Look, both guys may never punt in the NFL. I just think the kid from NDSU is a heck of a punter. 46 yards/punt over his last 3 years, has shown the ability to directional punt, and he's quite the athlete. He made quite a few tackles in college. Maybe teams are concerned about his getoff time and they figure it will take him a couple of years to develop, and they don't want to invest the time to develop a punter.

I didn't suggest tall punters can't make it; just that they can have problems that might make GMs shy away, especially if there is already a question about their quickness. Just offered it as a reason why in spite of his stats, he might not be as highly regarded as other punters. Blocked punts are an absolute turnoff for NFL teams; and most will gladly sacrifice a few yards per punt for more certainty about avoiding blocks. Several teams shied away from Jon Ryan because of his blocked kicks in Canada, which had nothing to do with his height, just his approach.

Tarlam!
04-28-2008, 11:31 AM
what is the reasoning of the bold names?

Means they are gay and will fit well as Queens.

Sorry, Ras. I'm just messin' with ya!!

MS, if Ras has them bolded, he likes 'em for whatever reason. Prolly expected to go in the draft and didn't, so he sees them as value FA's.

Rastak
04-28-2008, 11:39 AM
what is the reasoning of the bold names?

Means they are gay and will fit well as Queens.

Sorry, Ras. I'm just messin' with ya!!

MS, if Ras has them bolded, he likes 'em for whatever reason. Prolly expected to go in the draft and didn't, so he sees them as value FA's.

LOL, yea those were guys I thought were good free agent pickups.

swede
04-28-2008, 11:40 AM
It is a surprise when any street free agent makes a team, but I'd be shocked if any stuck in Green Bay this year.

As for the old guy punters, I remember Roby, but I don't really have an impression of his kicking style.

Ray Guy, though, he'd take the snap, step-step, and his whole body would go about a foot in the air as his leg whipped up to like 180 degrees perpendicular to the ground.

It's a shame he's not in the hall of fame.

Badgerinmaine
04-28-2008, 11:44 AM
A few players the Packers have signed to FA contracts:
Ken DeBauche--the kid from Suamico who has been punting with the Badgers;
J.J. Jansen, a long snapper from Notre Dame: (on both, see
http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/packers/283509)

and
Marcus Riley--LB from Fresno State and WAC defensive player of the year:
http://stl.scout.com/a.z?s=124&p=2&c=750679

The State Journal story also says they will offer a tryout (but not a contract, at least not yet) to a RB from UW-Whitewater named Justin Beaver. You don't think anyone teased him in high school with a name like that, do you? :mrgreen:

Zool
04-28-2008, 11:44 AM
How could you forget Reggie Roby? The guy wore a digital watch during every game.

http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/06/reggie_roby_2.jpg

Patler
04-28-2008, 12:08 PM
It is a surprise when any street free agent makes a team, but I'd be shocked if any stuck in Green Bay this year.

I know this isn't what you meant, but one is quite likely to stick this year in GB. Both Gafford and Jansen are street FAs, and one is likely to be the long snapper!
(You probably meant REAL Players! :lol: :lol: )

swede
04-28-2008, 12:10 PM
How could you forget Reggie Roby? The guy wore a digital watch during every game.

http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/06/reggie_roby_2.jpg

I remember Roby, I just didn't remember his style, and I certainly didn't remember the watch. :lol:

Look at that pic!

My hamstring would snap like a cheap piano string if I tried to do that.

swede
04-28-2008, 12:15 PM

I know this isn't what you meant, but one is quite likely to stick this year in GB. Both Gafford and Jansen are street FAs, and one is likely to be the long snapper!
(You probably meant REAL Players! :lol: :lol: )

I'm holding out hope that Rob Davis quits his day job in the front office and comes back for another season of sure snapoing!

You're right of course, Patler, both about the likelihood of street frees becoming a long snapper for the Pack and also about the perception that the long snapper is only marginally a football player.

The NFL network made a bid deal, btw, about a team picking a long snapper in the 6th round. They really ripped on that for a while.

I didn't see the problem. Long snappers have a limited yet important role.

Patler
04-28-2008, 12:49 PM
The NFL network made a bid deal, btw, about a team picking a long snapper in the 6th round. They really ripped on that for a while.

I didn't see the problem. Long snappers have a limited yet important role.

When a team can't find a decent one, and loses games when a guy botches a snap, those same commentators will talk about how crucial it is, and what a poor job the GM has done not to find one.

I agree with you. I have no problem using a 6th or 7th round pick for any player, regardless of position. If he makes your team it was a good investment.

The Leaper
04-28-2008, 12:52 PM
6th and 7th round picks are exactly the ones that should be used to grab special team specialists...it is far easier to find value at those positions that late (see Mason Crosby) than it is to find value at regular positions.

Patler
04-28-2008, 01:04 PM
6th and 7th round picks are exactly the ones that should be used to grab special team specialists...it is far easier to find value at those positions that late (see Mason Crosby) than it is to find value at regular positions.

Aren't punters supposed to be drafted much higher??? :lol: :lol:

Lurker64
04-28-2008, 01:16 PM
According to the JSO blog: (http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/04/28/packers-add-undrafted-wr.aspx)

The Packers continued to flood their wide receiver position with young talent, this time signing Mississippi College wide receiver Jake Allen to a rookie free agent deal, according to the school.

Highlights include: "Mississippi College's career leader in receptions, receiving yards
and touchdown catches. He caught 61 passes last fall, for 1254 yards and 12
touchdowns. He was named a first-team All-American by D3football.com."

We must have been the only team going after this guy, since he has to jump Taj Smith, Brett Swain, Chris Francies, and Shaun Bodiford to even have a crack at the roster.

The Leaper
04-28-2008, 01:47 PM
We must have been the only team going after this guy, since he has to jump Taj Smith, Brett Swain, Chris Francies, and Shaun Bodiford to even have a crack at the roster.

The guy is just happy to not have to start a real job for a few more months.

Lurker64
04-28-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm seeing the following as the list of UDFAs we picked up (but I haven't been able to verify it, so take this with a grain of salt):

Packers TE Michael Peterson (Northwest Missouri State)

Packers LB Danny Lansanah (UConn)

Packers RB Kregg Lumpkin (Georgia)

Packers WR Taj Smith (Syracuse)

Packers LS J.J. Jansen (Notre Dame)

Packers P Ken Debauche (Wisconsin)

Packers RB Justin Beaver (UW-Whitewater)

Packers LB Marcus Riley (Fresno State)

Packers C Brennen Carvalho (Portland State)

Packers WR Jake Allen (Mississippi College)

It's good to see Beaver, DeBauche, and Jansen on there. I'm surprised we didn't pick up any DBs, maybe they're happy with Peprah, Culver, and Rouse as the backup safeties and Williams, Blackmon, Lee, and Bush as the backup Corners, or maybe they just didn't like what was out there.

The Leaper
04-28-2008, 02:43 PM
I'm surprised we didn't pick up any DBs, maybe they're happy with Peprah, Culver, and Rouse as the backup safeties and Williams, Blackmon, Lee, and Bush as the backup Corners, or maybe they just didn't like what was out there.

Probably a little of both. I think Green Bay is content to let the guys currently on the roster have a fair chance to show their skills in camp. Too many cooks spoil the broth. Give the kids a lot of reps, and keep the ones with promise. Hopefully, some of them can stay healthy this year...or we will need to do some dumpster diving before the season.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2008, 02:48 PM
I like our depth in the DB group. We likely aren't going to find guys that are available who are better prospects than our guys. Our group was young last year (they should be better this year), we didn't lose anybody, and we added Lee. I feel pretty good about that group. Lee, Williams, and Blackmon all look like good, young prospects. (Blackmon needs to stay healthy.) Even Bush has some skills to work with (nice size/speed combination) and has a year under his belt, so I'm not ready to write him off completely. Rouse looked intriguing, and I kind of liked what little I saw of Peprah last year.

Lurker64
04-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Shaping up the roster, we cut Babb, Bell, and Dougherty today. Babb and Bell are likely casualties of the QBs we took, and we apparently think more of DeBauche than Dougherty.

Anybody know how big the roster should be/can be at this point in the season?

Charles Woodson
04-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Packers | Team signs Mapp
Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:30:31 -0700

Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports the Green Bay Packers signed undrafted rookie free-agent LB Durell Mapp (North Carolina) Monday, April 28. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

swede
04-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Anybody know how big the roster should be/can be at this point in the season?
I thought I heard the number 80.

I also heard, though, that a few guys are working out without actual contracts. That would bring the number of bodies up without adding to the roster number.

With that many noobies around people must have a hard time keeping track. It would be fun to sneak in a la George Plimpton...

"Ah yeh...Ahm DeWayne Arcadia from Louisiana Tech. Ahm the new long snappuh. Ya'll know where Ah can get a jersey and find the long snappuh coach?"

run pMc
04-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Lurker64 wrote:
I'm surprised we didn't pick up any DBs, maybe they're happy with Peprah, Culver, and Rouse as the backup safeties and Williams, Blackmon, Lee, and Bush as the backup Corners, or maybe they just didn't like what was out there.
Probably a little of both. I think Green Bay is content to let the guys currently on the roster have a fair chance to show their skills in camp. Too many cooks spoil the broth. Give the kids a lot of reps, and keep the ones with promise. Hopefully, some of them can stay healthy this year...or we will need to do some dumpster diving before the season.

I agree. I think one reason they cut Dendy was to give the rest of the group more reps. The battles for roster spots on the OL and the secondary should be very interesting to watch in training camp.

Lurker64
04-28-2008, 09:38 PM
I agree. I think one reason they cut Dendy was to give the rest of the group more reps. The battles for roster spots on the OL and the secondary should be very interesting to watch in training camp.

I think that may be one of the reasons we're going to have about 12 WRs standing around when minicamps start, give the DBs a lot of reps against a lot of different WRs. Unless they plan on converting Taj to a DB (which he played in college), I can't really think of a lot of reason to have a ton for camp like we have now, other than "to help the other guys get reps."

With 12 WRs you can practice four WR sets for each of our 3 QBs at the same time!

SkinBasket
04-28-2008, 09:41 PM
I agree. I think one reason they cut Dendy was to give the rest of the group more reps.
The other reason being he sucked complete cock.

Anyway, more on the Mapp signing:

Mapp Inks Deal With Green Bay

Tar Heel linebacker headed to Packers.

April 28, 2008

Chapel Hill, N.C. ---- North Carolina linebacker Durell Mapp has signed a free agent contract with the Green Bay Packers. Mapp was a second-team All-ACC performer who led Carolina with 132 tackles in his senior season. He also led the Tar Heels in tackles in 2006.

"I think it's a good situation for me, because Green Bay didn't draft a linebacker," said Mapp, a native of Burlington, N.C. "I talked to the Packers throughout this process and I like their linebackers coach. He reminds me a lot of Coach (Tommy) Thigpen. They love their football in Green Bay, so I'm excited about this opportunity."

In 2007, Mapp ranked second in the ACC and 10th in the nation with 11.0 tackles per game. He earned ACC Player of the Week honors three times and had a career-high 23 tackles vs. NC State. Mapp began his career as a walk-on, but earned a scholarship prior to his sophomore year and became one of the top contributors on defense in the next three seasons.

Lurker64
04-28-2008, 10:15 PM
From the JSOnline blog (http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/04/28/latest-undrafted-free-agent-list.aspx), here's the current list of UDFAs:

* Jake Allen, WR, Mississippi College: 6-4, 185, 4.56 seconds. Left as the Div. III school’s career leader in receptions, receiving yards and touchdown catches after catching 61 passes for 1,254 yards and 12 touchdowns.
* Brennan Carvalho, C, Portland State: 6-1, 294, 5.00. He was not invited to the combine, but did take part in the Hula Bowl. Three-time first-team all-Big Sky Conference selection and two-time all-American was not invited to the combine but played in the Hula Bowl. Has played both guard and center.
* Ken Debauche, P, Wisconsin: 6-1, 218, 4.95. Averaged 42.5 yards, which ranks second all-time at Wisconsin. Only 115 of 231 attempts were returned. Can also hold.
* Tierre Green, S, Nebraska: 6-1, 198, 4.32. Cousin of former Packers RB Ahman Green made 54 tackles last season and finished his career with 35 kickoff returns for a 20.6 average and a 114-yard rushing game as a redshirt freshman in 2004.
* Rod Harper, WR, Murray State: 6-1, 208, 4.45. Learned in January a problem with his JUCO transfer would cost him his senior season. Was MVP of powerhouse Southeast (Bradenton, Fla.) High School team when 25th overall pick Mike Jenkins (CB) of South Florida was a senior.
* Joey Haynos, TE, Maryland: 6-8, 259, 4.87. Mammoth former prep basketball standout was second on Terps with 27 catches for 287 yards. Invited to combine and Hula Bowl.
* J.J. Jansen, LS, Notre Dame: 6-3, 254, 4.79. Took over at long snapper for the Irish midway through the 2005 season and has never had a botched snap on any of his 300-odd attempts between punts and field goals.
* Danny Lansanah, LB, UConn: 6-0, 243, 4.72. Was an all-Big East choice after totaling 121 tackles (14 for losses) in 13 games with two sacks and four interceptions.
* Kregg Lumpkin, RB, Georgia: 5-11 1/2, 242, 4.64. After rushing for 798 yards and six touchdowns on 162 carries as a junior, was stuck in a rotation and only had 44 yards on 12 carries in 2007.
* Durrell Mapp, LB, North Carolina: 6-1, 277, 4.71 in 40. Second-team All-ACC player that led the Tar Heels in tackles each of the past two seasons (132 in ’07).
* Marcus Riley, LB, Fresno State: 6-0, 224, 4.66. WAC defensive player of the year with 132 total tackles (64 solo), including 15 tackles for a loss. Cousin of former Pro Bowl receiver Henry Ellard (Rams, Redskins). Highlight-reel hit on Hawaii QB Colt Brennan is a YouTube sensation.
* Mike Peterson, TE/FB, Northwest Missouri St.: 6-2, 247, 4.59. Walked on at the Div. II school after five years away from the game. Will be 26 in November.
* Taj Smith, WR, Syracuse: 6- 3/8ths, 187, 4.58. Turned pro after just one year at Syracuse, where he had 44 catches, 822 receiving yards and five touchdowns. Will turn 25 in September.

We're at 78 players on the roster, not including Grant and the 9 draft picks.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2008, 01:25 AM
* Tierre Green, S, Nebraska: 6-1, 198, 4.32. Cousin of former Packers RB Ahman Green made 54 tackles last season and finished his career with 35 kickoff returns for a 20.6 average and a 114-yard rushing game as a redshirt freshman in 2004.
* Marcus Riley, LB, Fresno State: 6-0, 224, 4.66. WAC defensive player of the year with 132 total tackles (64 solo), including 15 tackles for a loss. Cousin of former Pro Bowl receiver Henry Ellard (Rams, Redskins). Highlight-reel hit on Hawaii QB Colt Brennan is a YouTube sensation.

Family connections. Even a Packers connection. Plus, the usual Wisconsin connections.

The punter from NDSU signed with the Patriots.

Tarlam!
04-29-2008, 02:49 AM

Oh my Lord. We fucked up, big time. There goes the season.

Lurker64
04-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Another Article (http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080429/PKR01/804290631/1058&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL) on the FA guys we just picked up, including some emphasis on Lumpkin, who should probably be upset at being compared to Wynn.

Gunakor
04-29-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm seeing the following as the list of UDFAs we picked up (but I haven't been able to verify it, so take this with a grain of salt):

Packers TE Michael Peterson (Northwest Missouri State)

Packers LB Danny Lansanah (UConn)

Packers RB Kregg Lumpkin (Georgia)

Packers WR Taj Smith (Syracuse)

Packers LS J.J. Jansen (Notre Dame)

Packers P Ken Debauche (Wisconsin)

Packers RB Justin Beaver (UW-Whitewater)

Packers LB Marcus Riley (Fresno State)

Packers C Brennen Carvalho (Portland State)

Packers WR Jake Allen (Mississippi College)

It's good to see Beaver, DeBauche, and Jansen on there. I'm surprised we didn't pick up any DBs, maybe they're happy with Peprah, Culver, and Rouse as the backup safeties and Williams, Blackmon, Lee, and Bush as the backup Corners, or maybe they just didn't like what was out there.

I'm comfortable with Peprah, Culver, and COLLINS as the backup safeties. I'm truly hoping that Rouse wins the starting job over Collins.

Williams and Lee should be the primary backups at CB. Barring injury, Bush should only see the field in the quarter defense. Blackmon won't stay healthy, so he isn't even part of this discussion.

Tarlam!
04-29-2008, 12:48 PM
(...) and COLLINS as the backup safeties. I'm truly hoping that Rouse wins the starting job over Collins.

I'm not. I hope Collins finally makes the quantum leap. I love our "9 on the Wonderlic" Safety. The BC-Beast!

No, I love Collins. I love Rouse, but, I love Collins more.

Freak Out
04-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Another Article (http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080429/PKR01/804290631/1058&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL) on the FA guys we just picked up, including some emphasis on Lumpkin, who should probably be upset at being compared to Wynn.

Kregg? I'd like to here the story about that.

Lurker64
04-29-2008, 04:01 PM
We're at 79 now, we apparently signed Offensive Tackle Ryan Considine out of LA Tech. Source (http://latechsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/042808aab.html)

I think right now we're at 79 players on the Roster, not including Grant and the Nine Draft picks so cuts are going to have to start coming hot and heavy once rookie camp etc. starts.

Lurker64
04-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Here's Considine's Biography from LA Tech's webpage:

2007: Started all 12 games at right tackle...earned his bachelor's and master's degrees before the season...helped anchor an offensive line that helped pave the way for running back Patrick Jackson to have one of the best seasons in Tech history...Tech rushed for 1,863 yards and 16 touchdowns... 2006: Started all 13 games for the Bulldogs at right tackle ... Named Academic All-WAC ... Helped pave the way for Tech's offense to gain 1,692 yards rushing with 13 rushing touchdowns and 2,787 yards passing with 17 TD's through the air ... 2005: Started all 11 games at right tackle for Louisiana Tech ... Named Academic All-WAC ... Helped pave the way for Bulldog running backs to rush for 1,623 yards and 19 touchdowns during the year ... Also allowed Tech quarterbacks to pass for 2,410 yards and 18 scores ... 2004: Saw action in two games for Tech, playing against Top 25 Auburn and Rice ... Member of a Tech offensive line that allowed running back Ryan Moats to set school single season records of 1,774 yards rushing and 18 rushing touchdowns ... Helped the Bulldogs rush for 2,401 yards (third most in school history) and 25 touchdowns (second most in school history) ... Tech averaged 4.9 yards per carry during the season ... 2003: Redshirted for Tech ... 2002: Enrolled at Louisiana Tech in November ... High School: Played offensive lineman for coach Ronnie Lawrence at Martin High School ... Graduated in the spring of 2002 ... Named first team all-district as a senior for the Warriors ... Also a member of the wrestling team ... Named all-region as a wrestler ... Advanced to the state tournament in wrestling ... Getting Acquainted: Earned his bachelor's degree in economics in February, 2006 ... Earned his master's degree in business administration in August, 2007 ... Son of Dan and Kris Considine ... Has one brother, Garrett, and one sister, Katie ... Born Jan. 23, 1984, in Tulsa, Okla. ... Age 23.

He's 6-6 / 297, seems like a practice squad/developmental kind of guy.

Rastak
04-29-2008, 05:55 PM

Man, he sure has taken a ration of shit just for mentioning a prospect he knows.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2008, 09:09 PM

The Press Gazette is stealing my posts. Maybe I should send them an email.

In some ways, Lumpkin resembles the highly touted but oft-injured Wynn.

Badgerinmaine
04-30-2008, 08:22 AM

Or maybe they should hire you! 8-)

Tarlam!
04-30-2008, 09:08 AM

Man, he sure has taken a ration of shit just for mentioning a prospect he knows.

He knows I'll be buying him a beer in October, he can deal with some of my harassment in April. :D

Tarlam!
04-30-2008, 09:09 AM

Or maybe they should hire you! 8-)

Maybe HW is really a writer over there and just spends his time here to find ideas. :!:

Charles Woodson
04-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Packers | Thompson says P. Lee will fit well in defense
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:02:31 -0700

Tim Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson said CB Patrick Lee is a tough guy and thinks he is going to fit well in what the Packers try to do on defense.

Packers | Thompson thought Lee would be gone
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:58:56 -0700

Tim Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson said he thought CB Patrick Lee would be gone by the No. 60 pick.

Packers | Thompson says Brohm is durable
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:56:43 -0700

Tim Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson said QB Brian Brohm is durable.

Packers | Brohm has injury history
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:50:31 -0700

Tim Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers QB Brian Brohm has a long injury history. Brohm's injuries include a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in 2005, a torn ligament in his right thumb and a torn labrum in 2006. However, Brohm was not injured in 2007.

Packers | McCarthy says Brohm is consistent
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:47:39 -0700

Tim Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy acknowledged that QB Brian Brohm may not have the strongest arm or the quickest release but said Brohm is accurate and consistent with his throws.

Packers | Brohm could win No. 2 spot
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:45:37 -0700

Tim Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers QB Brian Brohm could be the No. 2 quarterback and backup to QB Aaron Rodgers next season.

Packers | McCarthy speaks about offense
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:43:04 -0700

Tim Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy was asked if the addition of WR Jordy Nelson would allow the offense to stick with the spread passing game they used last season. "I think time will answer that question," McCarthy said. "I think the most important part of our offense that was established last year is the ability to do both. We'll customize that like we do every year to our players."

Packers | Nelson speaks about past injuries
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:39:47 -0700

Tim Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers WR Jordy Nelson said the torn posterior cruciate ligament in 2006 was the most serious injury he has had in his football career. Nelson said he is healthy and all other injuries he suffered were minor injuries like sprained ankles.

Packers | Nelson was a walk-on at KSU
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:39:19 -0700

Tim Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers WR Jordy Nelson was a walk-on at Kansas State University. Nelson was converted from quarterback to safety and found himself in the wide receiver rotation after asking to switch positions.

Packers | 21 wide receivers were faster than Nelson
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:23:33 -0700

Tim Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports 21 wide receivers in the 2008 NFL Draft ran a faster 40-yard dash than Green Bay Packers WR Jordy Nelson. Nelson ran a 4.51.

Packers | J. Robinson says Nelson runs well
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:18:26 -0700

Tim Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers wide receivers coach Jimmy Robinson said WR Jordy Nelson caught a lot more balls running possession-type routes in college but said he can run by guys and runs well.

Packers | Nelson has good speed
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:16:05 -0700

Tim Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers WR Jordy Nelson has good enough speed to turn short catches into long gains.

Falcons | Team hires Caldwell
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:46:17 -0700

The Atlanta Falcons named David Caldwell the team's director of college scouting Wednesday, April 30.

Packers | Lee unlikely to start
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:45:53 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers CB Patrick Lee is unlikely to start in 2008.

Packers | Brohm unlikely to start
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:45:34 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers QB Brian Brohm is unlikely to start in 2008.

Packers | Nelson unlikely to start
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:45:12 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers WR Jordy Nelson is unlikely to start in 2008.

Packers | Team completes draft without first-round pick
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:37:17 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers completed the draft without a first-round draft choice for the first time since 1986.

Lurker64
05-01-2008, 01:13 AM
Here is our current roster:

OFFENSE(46)
WR - Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Ruvell Martin, Koren Robinson, Brett Swain, Shaun Bodiford, Chris Francies, Johnny Quinn, Jake Allen, Rod Harper, Taj Smith.

TE - Donald Lee, Jermichael Finley, Tory Humphrey, Joey Haynos, Mike Peterson.

T - Chad Clifton, Mark Tauscher, Tony Moll, Breno Giacomini, Orrin Thompson, Joe Toledo.

G - Jason Spitz, Daryn Colledge, Junius Coston, Allen Barbre, Josh Sitton, Ryan Keenan, Cameron Stephenson.

C - Scott Wells, Brennan Carvalho.

QB - Aaron Rodgers, Brian Brohm, Matt Flynn.

FB - Korey Hall, John Kuhn, Ryan Powdrell, Corey White.

RB - Ryan Grant, Brandon Jackson, DeShawn Wynn, Vernand Morency, Noah Herron, Kregg Lumpkin.

DEFENSE (37)

DE - Aaron Kampman, Cullen Jenkins, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, Jeremy Thompson, Mike Montgomery, Jason Hunter.

DT - Ryan Pickett, Johnny Jolly, Justin Harrell, Colin Cole, Daniel Muir, Conrad Bolston, Alfred Malone.

SLB - Brady Poppinga, Brandon Chillar, Spencer Havner, Durell Mapp.

MLB - Nick Barnett, Desmond Bishop, Abdul Hodge, Danny Lansanah.

WLB - A.J. Hawk, Tracy White, Marcus Riley.

CB - Charles Woodson, Al Harris, Patrick Lee, Tramon Williams, Will Blackmon, Jarrett Bush, Joe Porter.

S - Atari Bigby, Nick Collins, Aaron Rouse, Charlie Peprah, Tyrone Culver, Tierre Green.

SPECIALISTS (5)

K - Mason Crosby.

P - Jon Ryan, Kenny DeBauche.

LS - J.J. Jansen, Thomas Gafford.

That puts us at 88 total players, including the Grant and 9 drafted players who don't count towards the roster max of 80 until they are signed. So we have 78 out of a possible 80 roster spots filled. That means that a couple of the guys who are on "try-out" contracts can win a roster spot this weekend, but if they like more than two of them somebody is going to have to get cut.

Does anybody know the full set of deadlines for when the roster has to have certain sizes?

Lurker64
05-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Apparently North Carolina LB Durrell Mapp and Nebraska S Tierre Green have only signed tryout contracts, not free agent contracts so we have only filled 75 of 80 roster spots right now.

woodbuck27
05-04-2008, 08:57 AM
According to Scott Wright's NFLDraftcountdown.com (not any sort of authority, but a convenient source of lists) here are some of the top undrafted prospects:

Top Undrafted Prospects (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/results/topundrafted.html)

1. Erin Henderson, OLB, Maryland
2. Wesley Woodyard, OLB, Kentucky
3. Darrell Robertson, DE, Georgia Tech
4. Ali Highsmith, OLB, L.S.U.
5. Gary Guyton, OLB, Georgia Tech
6. Drew Radovich, OG, USC
7. Curtis Johnson, OLB, Clark Atlanta
8. Jamar Adams, S, Michigan
9. Tommy Blake, DE, T.C.U.
10. Kerry Brown, OG, Appalachian St.
11. Eric Young, OG, Tennessee
12. David Roach, S, T.C.U.
13. Ezra Butler, OLB, Nevada
14. William Robinson, OT, San Diego St.
15. Jolonn Dunbar, ILB, Boston College
16. D.J. Hall, WR, Alabama
17. Michael Grant, CB, Arkansas
18. Louis Holmes, DE, Arizona
19. Wallace Gilberry, DE, Alabama
20. Anthony Alridge, RB, Houston
21. Curtis Gatewood, OLB, Vanderbilt
22. Pedro Sosa, OG, Rutgers
23. Darius Reynaud, WR, West Virginia
24. Robert Felton, OG, Arkansas
25. Dorien Bryant, WR, Purdue 26. Franklin Dunbar, OT, Middle Tenn. St.
27. Martail Burnett, DE, Utah
28. J Leman, ILB, Illinois
29. Steve Octavien, OLB, Nebraska
31. Jonathan Hefney, S, Tennessee
32. Keilen Dykes, DE, West Virginia
33. Maurice Purify, WR, Nebraska
34. Titus Brown, DE, Mississippi St.
35. Chad Simpson, RB, Morgan St.
36. Ben Moffitt, ILB, South Florida
37. Dennis Keyes, S, UCLA
38. Marcus Griffin, S, Texas
39. Mike Dragosavich, P, North Dakota St.
40. Kyle Wright, QB, Miami (FL)
41. Lamar Myles, OLB, Louisville
42. Calvin Dawson, RB, Louisiana-Monroe
43. Paul Smith, QB, Tulsa
44. Todd Blythe, WR, Iowa St.
45. Marcus Dixon, DE, Hampton
46. Darnell Terrell, CB, Missouri
47. Ryan Grice-Mullen, WR, Hawaii
48. Lance Leggett, WR, Miami (FL)
49. Steven Hauschka, K, North Carolina St.
50. Fernando Velasco, C, Georgia

I think we stay away from the QBs and WRs and make a point of bringing in an RB a safety, and some bodies for the lines. Also I'd like to see Dragosavich.

Our actual Undrafted FA's:

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/05/02/1/

posted 05/02/2008

Prior to their Rookie Orientation Camp this weekend, the Green Bay Packers signed 11 rookie free agents. The additions were announced Friday by Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations.

6 Taj Smith WR 6-0, 192 Syracuse (Newark, N.J.)
Smith, 24, played two seasons for the Orange and totaled 56 catches for 1,049 yards and eight touchdowns. He previously attended Bakersfield (Calif.) College, where his 1,670 career receiving yards and 16 career touchdowns both rank second all-time.

7 Ken DeBauche P 6-1, 213 Wisconsin (Green Bay, Wis.)
DeBauche, 23, served as the punter all four seasons at Wisconsin, where his 42.4-yard average ranks second-best in school history. He was a second-team All-Big Ten selection this past season.

13 Jake Allen WR 6-4, 190 Mississippi College (Waynesboro, Miss.)
Allen, 23, earned first-team Division III All-America honors from the American Football Coaches Association in 2007. He established school records in receptions (152), receiving yards (2,867) and receiving touchdowns (26) in just three seasons at Mississippi College.

18 Rod Harper WR 6-0, 209 Murray State (Bradenton, Fla.)
Harper, 23, led the Racers with 57 catches for 779 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2007 and earned second-team all-conference honors in the Ohio Valley Conference. He ranks third in school annals in both career receiving yards (1,653) and touchdowns (20).

28 Kregg Lumpkin RB 5-11, 222 Georgia (Stone Mountain, Ga.)
Lumpkin, 23, was a four-year letterman for the Bulldogs and part of a senior class that compiled 40 wins, three bowl wins and an SEC title. He appeared in 44 career games and rushed for 1,700 yards and 15 touchdowns.

44 Marcus Riley LB 6-0, 233 Fresno State (Elk Grove, Calif.)
Riley, 23, was honored as the Western Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Year in 2007 after he posted 132 tackles (64 solos), including 15 stops for loss, three forced fumbles and an interception. He appeared in 39 career games, including 30 starts.

46 J.J. Jansen LS 6-2 254 Notre Dame (Phoenix, Ariz.)
Jansen, 22, became the long snapper for the Irish midway through his sophomore season, appearing in the final 32 games of his career. He made eight career tackles as a member of the punt coverage unit.

47 Mike Peterson TE 6-2, 255 Northwest Missouri State (Atlantic, Iowa)
Peterson, 25, was a three-year starter, earning All-America honors in his final two seasons. In 53 career games, he totaled 141 receptions for 1,987 yards and 17 touchdowns and also rushed 14 times for 94 yards and one touchdown.

49 Joey Haynos TE 6-8, 264 Maryland (Washington, D.C.)
Haynos, 23, appeared in 43 career games, including 12 starts, for the Terrapins after walking on to the team in 2003. An honorable mention All-ACC selection in 2006, he finished his collegiate career with 68 catches for 687 yards and four touchdowns.

58 Danny Lansanah LB 6-1, 244 Connecticut (Harrisburg, Pa.)
Lansanah, 22, finished his career with the Huskies with 323 tackles, including 35 stops for loss, and 10 interceptions. A team captain and All-Big East first-team selection as a senior, he appeared in 45 games, including 34 starts.

64 Brennen Carvalho C 6-1, 294 Portland State (Honolulu, Hawaii)
Carvalho, 21, was a unanimous Division I FCS (formerly I-AA) All-America selection in his final two seasons. A three-time All-Big Sky Conference selection who made 39 consecutive starts, he was awarded the Rimington Trophy in 2007 as the nation's top center at the NCAA Division I FCS level.

Ohhh Boy!

Three more WR's. What's that about 15 to date? . . . Get a few more Ted.

What about RDE and . . . FS and " The Nickle Package " Ted in a pass oriented NFL ? Maybe he's thinking of something else? :)

PACKERS FOREVER!

Lurker64
05-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Following Rookie Orientation camp we have signed the following players who had tryout deals to Free Agent contracts:

CB Kyle Ward
CB Condrew Allen
OT Ryan Considine

Defensive Tackle Fred Bledsoe was going to be signed to a FA contract, but he just recently had to have his ankle scoped so there is no signing. The Packers and Bledsoe apparently have agreed in principle to bring him back in six weeks when he's healthy.

That leaves us with 78 roster spots filled, one is reserved for Ryan Grant, and we have one other spot to sign some of these UDFA guys, with the potential that they may increase roster size to 86 in May to make up for the loss of the NFL Europa exemption.

Iron Mike
05-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Here's my vote for training camp dark horse to make the roster:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/1254194

HarveyWallbangers
07-28-2008, 01:12 AM
Here's my vote for training camp dark horse to make the roster:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/1254194

Cut before camp started.

mission
07-28-2008, 01:26 AM