PDA

View Full Version : Veteran QB possibility

KYPack
04-27-2008, 09:34 PM
I've posted this before, but nobody cared then. With the draft, eveyone will care less. With some real good kids on the roster now, let's add a vet and be season-solid at QB.

Tampa Bay loves a lot of QB’s on the roster . They added a seventh quarterback to their roster on Sunday when they used their fifth-round selection to draft San Diego signal caller Josh Johnson.

The Bucs like what Johnson, who tossed 43 touchdowns and just one interception as a senior, did in San Diego's version of the West Coast offense, but head coach Jon Gruden stopped short of anointing the former Div. I-AA star Tampa Bay's quarterback of the future. The Bucs will take only five of them to training camp.
Presumably, no more than three will be on the active roster, so four of the quarterbacks currently in Tampa won’t be in Tampa come September.
The other six are Jeff Garcia, Brian Griese, Bruce Gradkowski, Luke McCown, Chris Simms, and Jake Plummer.

Most obervers think Simms would be one cut possibilty in the early going.
I really think we need need a vet back-up. I'd take Simms or JP Losman with our current crop of good propective QB's in a heartbeat

red
04-27-2008, 09:40 PM
i don't know if we will bring in a vet now

if we were going to bring in a vet then why piss away a draft pick on flynn?

we're not keeping 4 qb's on the roster and a-rod and brohm aren't going anywhere

i don't know if you put a qb on the practice squad, when the hell is he ever going to get reps?