PDA

View Full Version : Mariucci with Favre : interview

packers11
04-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Steve Mariucci sits down with Brett Favre to talk about life in retirement.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d807fce0d

Packerarcher
04-27-2008, 10:59 PM
Every damn time i see one of these interviews I am reminded of how lucky we were to have Brett Favre for our QB for so long. But on the other hand I am reminded of how much it is going to suck with out him. To those of you that say the Pack will be just fine with out #4,you are just bullshitting yourself. Wether you want to admit it or not Brett is not just the face of the modern day Green Bay Packers. Brett Favre is the Green bay Packers.

TheCheese
04-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Every damn time i see one of these interviews I am reminded of how lucky we were to have Brett Favre for our QB for so long. But on the other hand I am reminded of how much it is going to suck with out him. To those of you that say the Pack will be just fine with out #4,you are just bullshitting yourself. Wether you want to admit it or not Brett is not just the face of the modern day Green Bay Packers. Brett Favre is the Green bay Packers.

Great little interview, love it when Mooch interviews Brett, always makes good TV. But come on man we are going to be just fine this year. I honestly believe we aren't going to miss a beat. Sure there will be a drop off in some QB play, but this is really the perfect situation for Rodgers. Hes got a great group of YAC receivers and a line that can pass pro pretty good. Also, the dude knows the offense like the back of his hand. What ever problems we do have this year, it won't just be all from QB play.

Pacopete4
04-28-2008, 01:02 AM
"How I will feel in August and September, that will be the true test. And when people ask me about retirement.. I say wait."

that line right to me doesn't tell me he is coming back, but it tells me that there is still that chance that when that time comes around, he will not feel good about retirement and he may want to play again. I know we are sick of trying to figure out what Brett means when he talks, and I'm not sure he even knows. But this sounds like a man that left the game with something in the tank, and sometimes you just need to find yourself to realize that you still can do it.

This will be very interesting come mid July I think..

Tarlam!
04-28-2008, 06:11 AM
Brett Favre is the Green bay Packers.

Na, Brett was the QB for 16 years and a darned great one at that. No player is the whole team. I am glad I saw him play at Lambeau once in my life.

I am looking forward to lovin' A-Rod or BB or even Flynn. Heck, anybody who suits up G&G and contributes is fine by me.

I'll miss #4, because he was such a character.

packinpatland
04-28-2008, 06:51 AM

I agree with your first point......The Green Bay Packers and the fans were tremendously lucky and blessed to have had Brett Favre for 16 years. It wasn't just all he did on the field, it was the combination of that and off the field. Other teams have/had great QB's.........but are they heard about in the off season, or even after they leave the parking lot?
Someone, somewhere (think it was a letter in SI) said Brett may not have been the best QB to have played the game, but was the best man to have played QB.

Would like to add this:

Favre Receives 2008 PFWA 'Good Guy Award
from Packers.com

Former Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre was named the 2008 Pro Football Writers of America 'Good Guy Award' winner, the PFWA announced Friday.

Instituted in 2005, the award is "given to the player who best helped the media do its job." Favre wins the award 4 his dealings with the media in a season which saw him lead the Packers to a 13-3 regular-season mark and surpass nearly every significant career passing milestone, including yards, touchdowns and wins.

In announcing the award, the PFWA noted, "Favre not only gave detailed, honest answers but increased his availability to national and out-of-town reporters. Leading into games, Favre did more conference calls than in previous seasons with media covering the opposition even knowing he would inevitably be asked the same questions about his possible retirement. Favre answered the inquiries with class and dignity before making his retirement official in March."

Previous honoree's of the PFWA Good Guy Award include Jerome Bettis (2005), Tiki Barber (2006) and LaDainian Tomlinson (2007).