PDA

View Full Version : Just when you thought you heard it all - How Terrible!

GrnBay007
04-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Woman Says Father Kept Her in Cellar

AMSTETTEN, Austria (April 27) - A woman who went missing in 1984 was found by police over the weekend and told investigators that she had been held by her father in a cellar, where she was repeatedly raped and gave birth to at least six children, police said Sunday.

Authorities said that the father may have told acquaintances and relatives that his daughter had joined a cult and disappeared.

Franz Polzer, head of the Lower Austrian Bureau of Criminal Affairs, told reporters that the father, identified as Josef F., had been taken into custody. Police said Josef and his wife had been raising three of their daughter's children. The other three grew up in the cellar.

"We are being confronted with an unfathomable crime," Interior Minister Guenther Platter said.

The case unfolded after a gravely ill teenager was taken around April 19 to a hospital in the town of Amstetten, where she was found unconscious in the building where her grandparents live, police said. Told that the sick 19-year-old's mother was missing, authorities publicly appealed for her to come forward.

Officers received a tip and picked up the mother near the hospital on Saturday, police said.

The mother, whom authorities identified as Elisabeth F., told officers that she had just been released after two decades of captivity at the hands of her father. She said that on Aug. 28, 1984 her father had sedated her, handcuffed her and locked her in a room in the cellar of the family's apartment building.

In an interview with AP Television News, Polzer said that Josef F. had given police a code to unlock a hidden door, revealing the area where Elisabeth and the children had been held.

It had "several" rooms, an uneven floor and a "very narrow" hallway, Polzer said, adding that the door was "very small," and that one had to bend one's head to get through.

"Everything is very, very narrow and the victim herself ... told us that this was being continually enlarged over the years," Polzer said.

The area also contained sanitary facilities and "small hot plates" for cooking, Polzer said.

On its Web site, ORF reported that the rooms were at most 5.6 feet high and that the area had a TV.

The area also included a "padded cell," Hans-Heinz Lenze, a senior Amstetten district official, said in remarks broadcast late Sunday.

Elisabeth said her father had been sexually abusing her since she was 11. According to the police statement, Elisabeth said that she and her children got food and clothing only from her father and her mother, Rosemarie, had not been involved.

Police said Elisabeth F. appeared "greatly disturbed" during questioning and agreed to talk only after authorities assured her she would no longer have to have contact with her father and that her children would be cared for.

Police said Josef, 73, and Rosemarie had raised three of Elisabeth's children in their apartment in a two-story building in Amstetten, a small town about 80 miles west of Vienna.

Josef and Rosemarie registered the children with authorities, saying that they had found them outside their home in 1993, 1994 and 1997, at least one with a note from Elisabeth saying she could not care for the child.

The three other children apparently remained in the cellar with Elisabeth, police said.

"Elisabeth F. taught them how to speak," Polzer was quoted as saying by the Austria Press Agency.

Police said the sick 19-year-old, Kerstin, had been found unconscious on April 19 in the apartment building, with a handwritten note purportedly signed by Elisabeth, asking that she be given care.

After Kerstin was hospitalized, police said, Josef F. freed Elisabeth and the two remaining children from the cellar and told his wife that their daughter and the children had come back to them.

The Austria Press Agency reported that, in addition to Kerstin, three of the children are boys and two are girls, the youngest of whom is 5.

All are in psychiatric care, along with Elisabeth and Rosemarie, police said. DNA tests are expected to determine whether Josef F. is the father.

Police cited Elisabeth as saying that she gave birth to twins in 1996 but one died several days later because it was not properly cared for, according to police, who said they are investigating.

Josef, the alleged abuser, then apparently removed the corpse from the cellar and burned it, the police statement said. It was not immediately clear if the twin who allegedly died was included in the police total of six children.

Sunday's developments are reminiscent of the case of Natascha Kampusch, which shocked Austrians less than two years ago.

Kampusch was 10 years old when she was kidnapped in Vienna on her way to school in March 1998. She was held for the next 8 1/2 years by Wolfgang Priklopil, who largely confined her to a tiny underground dungeon in his home in a quiet Vienna suburb. Priklopil threw himself in front of a train just hours after Kampusch's dramatic escape on Aug. 23, 2006.

Kiwon
04-28-2008, 09:07 AM
It's almost too sick to comment upon.

You just have to wonder how many other forgotten women there are locked away and being abused by some psycho somewhere.

Those poor kids that are just now learning the truth about who their daddy really is....it has to be emotionally devastating.

LL2
04-28-2008, 10:38 AM
They are going to need years of counseling to recover from all that abuse. That man robbed them years from their lives. He needs to be pushed off a curb into the front of a speeding car!

Harlan Huckleby
04-28-2008, 11:34 AM
I wonder if he is renting-out the newly vacated space downstairs, "Garden level apartment, cooking facilities, private entrance."

Scott Campbell
04-28-2008, 02:48 PM

You just have to wonder how many other forgotten women there are locked away and being abused by some psycho somewhere.

Those poor kids that are just now learning the truth about who their daddy really is....it has to be emotionally devastating.

Talk about baggage. Awful story.

packinpatland
04-28-2008, 02:49 PM
They are going to need years of counseling to recover from all that abuse. That man robbed them years from their lives. He needs to be pushed off a curb into the front of a speeding car!

Castrate him first. :evil:

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2008, 03:35 PM
After reading a story like this, it's hard not to waiver on my opposition of capital punishment. Actually, it's impossible.

Deputy Nutz
04-28-2008, 03:45 PM
I can't believe this was in another country. It just reeks of the American South.

GoPackGo
04-28-2008, 03:46 PM
After reading a story like this, it's hard not to waiver on my opposition of capital punishment. Actually, it's impossible.

If you really want justice you keep the guy alive and give him a taste of his own medicine until he dies naturally

Freak Out
04-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Rosemarie knew nothing about this?

GrnBay007
04-28-2008, 04:56 PM
Rosemarie knew nothing about this?

That's what I thought too. But, I suppose it could happen. Still you would think...after that many years, nothing tipped her off? Maybe Rosemarie was a bit low functioning?

Actually that was the second article I read about that horrible event. The first said the 3 kids that stayed there with their mother had never seen daylight. I wonder if the older ones will ever recover....I really doubt it.

Freak Out
04-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Just another example of how sick humans can be.

Scott Campbell
04-28-2008, 06:34 PM
If you really want justice you keep the guy alive and give him a taste of his own medicine until he dies naturally

Man, your pimp hand really is strong. :D

GoPackGo
04-28-2008, 06:39 PM

Man, your pimp hand really is strong. :D

pimpin ain't easy, but it sure is fun

MJZiggy
04-28-2008, 08:13 PM
So they had a woman and 3 kids in the basement of the apartment building and NO ONE EVER heard them? How do the people on the first floor not hear 3 kids downstairs?

By the way, I vote for electric cattle prod up the ass. As often as is necessary to get the job done.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-28-2008, 08:40 PM
So they had a woman and 3 kids in the basement of the apartment building and NO ONE EVER heard them? How do the people on the first floor not hear 3 kids downstairs?

By the way, I vote for electric cattle prod up the ass. As often as is necessary to get the job done.

Kids were well behaved.

Not like your little hellions!!!

oregonpackfan
04-28-2008, 09:31 PM

Kiwon,

There is not much the two of us agree upon but your statement says it all. :shock:

Kiwon
04-29-2008, 12:21 AM

Kiwon,

There is not much the two of us agree upon but your statement says it all. :shock: :hug: You wanna pick out some curtains together?

http://buzznet-07.vo.llnwd.net/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2008/02/mark-cornelsen-tr-knight.jpg

TheCheese
04-29-2008, 04:42 PM
What a horrible situation. That man is going to burn in hell for what he did, sick bastard. I hope this woman and her children find some way to live a normal life after this.

packinpatland
04-29-2008, 05:04 PM
What a horrible situation. That man is going to burn in hell for what he did, sick bastard. I hope this woman and her children find some way to live a normal life after this.

I'd like him to burn before he gets to hell. :evil:

MadtownPacker
04-29-2008, 10:42 PM
I hope this woman and her children find some way to live a normal life after this.The woman is likely not fit for normal society anymore because she once knew what freedom was but the kids that never came out might be able to live productive lives. They had a tv and must have knew about the modern world. Still some jacked up shit. The dad even looks like a sick fuck.

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Video/080428/a_brown_austria2_080428.vsmall.jpg

GoPackGo
04-29-2008, 10:49 PM
:smack:

LL2
04-30-2008, 09:00 AM
As sick and hard to comprehend this story is it makes me wonder how many situations similar or just as horrifying may be out there that never make the news or heard of considering the number of child abductions are a year. They say most cases of abductions, rape, etc. are done by family members or those that now the family in some way. Hopefully social services and police will start by looking into the family and circle of influence more.

woodbuck27
05-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Ooops! Didn't see this thread.

Harlan Huckleby
05-01-2008, 09:55 PM
I wonder if this gal is going to write a book or appear on TV.

Nah, probably not, she must be very emotionally disturbed.

oregonpackfan
05-02-2008, 01:34 AM

Kiwon,

There is not much the two of us agree upon but your statement says it all. :shock: :hug: You wanna pick out some curtains together?

http://buzznet-07.vo.llnwd.net/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2008/02/mark-co

rnelsen-tr-knight.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Man,

I would be willing to shovel snow in the Wisconsin blizzzards with you or bale hay in the broiling sun with you but don't ask me to pick out curtains with you? That would be the worst torture I could imagine... :)

MJZiggy
05-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Damn, OPF, I had you pegged for a decent domestic!

woodbuck27
05-04-2008, 09:26 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080504/ap_on_re_eu/austria_captured_daughter;_ylt=ApyL4CGOrAbUdelYzLu pqEj9xg8F

Family: Austrian accused of incest had prior rape conviction

By BRADLEY S. KLAPPER, Associated Press Writer

AMSTETTEN, Austria - The sister-in-law of an Austrian man accused of imprisoning his daughter for 24 years in a dingy dungeon and fathering seven children with her said he treated his family like a "tyrant."

In an exclusive television interview with The Associated Press, a woman who identified herself as Josef Fritzl's sister-in-law provided intimate details of the oppression inside the Fritzl home.

For entire story CLICK LINk above.

woodbuck27
05-04-2008, 09:41 AM
As sick and hard to comprehend this story is it makes me wonder how many situations similar or just as horrifying may be out there that never make the news or heard of considering the number of child abductions are a year. They say most cases of abductions, rape, etc. are done by family members or those that now the family in some way. Hopefully social services and police will start by looking into the family and circle of influence more.

I'm reading a book at present on "the Golar Clan Case" and William Golar's relationship with his young daughter's, in Nova Scotia's, Annapolis Valley
( Maritimes's - Canada ). That case broke in the 90's.

Family incest exists moreso in smaller and isolated Community's. Teachers need to be observant. Especialy so where the Family lacks a strong maternal influence.

A lack of education, spirituality, incidence of alcohol and drug abuse and low IQ's and self esteem etc. are factors that social scientists link to familial sexual abuse.

Canada really ignored this problem till the 1980's but it's happening a lot.

GrnBay007
05-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Fritzl has not been formally charged. He faces up to 15 years in prison if he is ultimately convicted on rape charges, the most grave of his alleged offenses, unless prosecutors can charge him with "murder through failure to act" in connection with the death of the infant. That is punishable by up to 20 years in prison.

15 years? IMO that's a slap on the wrist for what he did. I could maybe see 15 years for EACH count of rape. He obviously raped her more than 7 times, but she did have 7 children.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/chilling-details-emerge-in-incest-case/20080504103109990001?icid=1616058736x1201521597x12 00303531

the_idle_threat
05-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Fritzl has not been formally charged. He faces up to 15 years in prison if he is ultimately convicted on rape charges, the most grave of his alleged offenses, unless prosecutors can charge him with "murder through failure to act" in connection with the death of the infant. That is punishable by up to 20 years in prison.

15 years? IMO that's a slap on the wrist for what he did. I could maybe see 15 years for EACH count of rape. He obviously raped her more than 7 times, but she did have 7 children.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/chilling-details-emerge-in-incest-case/20080504103109990001?icid=1616058736x1201521597x12 00303531

I agree. And I sure hope they don't whine about length of sentence for this poor old man. He gave his daughter and their kids unwarranted prison sentences with cruel and unusual punishment (i.e. rape) thrown in to boot.

Kiwon
05-04-2008, 11:20 PM
This story is still nauseating.

Psychopaths like this guy are the hardest for a civilized society to assign punishment to. There is no redemption or rehabilitation for someone like this. And what mercy does he deserve?

He's a predator, a human monster, and a civilized society can grant itself the permission to treat him in brutal ways.

No, it doesn't undo what's he's done but it does draw a bright, red line for everyone to see that certain actions are always taboo.

Harlan Huckleby
05-05-2008, 08:08 AM
I wonder what the life expectancy is for a 73-year-old child rapist in prison? I would say, oh, Tuesday.

I wouldn't worry about his sentence, even if he's isolated and not mistreated he probably won't live long in his frame of mind.

GrnBay007
05-05-2008, 08:11 AM
I wouldn't worry about his sentence, even if he's isolated and not mistreated he probably won't live long in his frame of mind.

True. I'm just shocked at the length of a sentence for multiple counts of rape, not to mention holding her hostage for years. In this state someone selling drugs 1,000 feet from a school or park gets a 15 year sentence.

woodbuck27
05-05-2008, 10:27 AM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080504/world/austria_captive_daughter

Austrian wife clueless of daughter's captivity and her abuse

Sun May 4, 4:44 PM

AMSTETTEN, Austria - The wife of an Austrian man accused of holding their daughter captive for 24 years fought to keep the troubled family together but never knew their child was in a soundproofed cellar beneath the apartment, the wife's sister said.

In an exclusive television interview with The Associated Press, a woman who identified herself as Josef Fritzl's sister-in-law provided intimate details of the oppression inside the Fritzl home, describing him as a "tyrant."

Click on LINK above for the rest of this story.