PDA

View Full Version : Interesting take on talk radio today

b bulldog
04-28-2008, 08:26 PM
They were discussing the NFC North QB's and they felt that GB has the two best in the entire division in Rodgers and Brohm. That may be a tad generous but at years end, this may be true.

b bulldog
04-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Forgot to mention one other thing, they had a guy on from one of the draft sites and he said that Finley would have been a top 20 pick had he returned to college next year and came out in 09.

Deputy Nutz
04-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Rodgers>Jackson, Grossman,
Rodgers=Kitna, thats being generous.

b bulldog
04-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Brohm, kitna????

Bretsky
04-28-2008, 08:32 PM
I think I'd prefer to have Brohm on the roster over any QB in Minnesota and Chicago for sure

Deputy Nutz
04-28-2008, 08:35 PM
I think I'd prefer to have Brohm on the roster over any QB in Minnesota and Chicago for sure

absolutely. This kid would have been a number one pick if Petrino would have stayed. He didn't even have that bad of a senior season.

b bulldog
04-28-2008, 08:36 PM
I think I'd rather have Flynn over any Chicago QB.

Bretsky
04-28-2008, 08:38 PM

:lol: :lol:

Are the Chicago QB's worse than TJack ?

Deputy Nutz
04-28-2008, 08:44 PM

I think Orton is a bit better. He at least has a chance at being average.

red
04-28-2008, 09:19 PM
honestly, the only qb in the division thats worth anything is kitns, other then our two guys. and he can be hit or miss

on paper, we look to have the best 2 qb's

CaliforniaCheez
04-28-2008, 09:37 PM
1) The Packers value QB's.

2) You really are not a contender without a very good one.

3) Brohm fills the #2 spot Flynn the #3 spot

4) You never know what will happen. Having quality depth gives you more flexibility in the future.

a) Future trade value

b) Future starter(s) or great performance by back ups

c) Injuries or contract disputes

5) Competiton causes all involved to be better.

6) The Packers have a quality team and don't have to draft for need but can take the Best Player Available.

The big thing is having quality players. Good things will continue to happen whatever the future brings.

Life is good as a Packer fan.

Guiness
04-29-2008, 03:48 AM
Agree with Nutz that saying they're better than Kitna before they either even have a start is more than a bit of a reach.

Kitna's a mediocre (mean that in a good way, compared to Minn and Chi starters) starter, and you can't know that Rodgers will be that until he's got some starts under his belt.

twoseven
04-29-2008, 04:13 AM
I'd like to see who wins in a footrace between Brohm and Kitna. Brohm is a little bit husky (that's a kind way of saying fat in the ass) and doesn't appear to have the mobility of AR, Flynn somehwere in the middle? Now the lady rats have a whole variety of QB to oggle. And how long before Jordy is on the cover of Tiger Beat magazine?

hoosier
04-29-2008, 08:03 AM
I'd like to see who wins in a footrace between Brohm and Kitna. Brohm is a little bit husky (that's a kind way of saying fat in the ass) and doesn't appear to have the mobility of AR, Flynn somehwere in the middle? Now the lady rats have a whole variety of QB to oggle. And how long before Jordy is on the cover of Tiger Beat magazine?

According to nfl.com (http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers?tabIndex=0) Brohm ran a 4.83 40 at the combine. That's not too shabby for a supposedly immobile quarterback, and it's exactly what Finley ran as well. I doubt Kitna could come close to that.

The Leaper
04-29-2008, 08:05 AM
Kitna gets my nod as the best QB in the division right now...just on experience alone. He's not a bad QB, so his experience gives him a huge edge over Rodgers or Brohm.

Obviously, looking at the long term, Green Bay is certainly set up much better than anyone else in the division. Kitna only has a year or two left in him as a reliable starter.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2008, 08:15 AM
There's some bad QB's in this division, so being the best in the NFCN isn't saying much.

KYPack
04-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Kitna has his good days and he is the "senior" QB in the Division.

Kitna can also suck. When you swarm him with an even pass rush, he is neutralized and sack prone. He's the shortest 6'2" guy I've ever seen. He is also liable to make critical fumbles with those tiny hands of his.

I think Rodgers comes on and easily claims the #1 spot in the division. I think most of these other guys won't even be here in a season or two.

BZnDallas
04-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Funny, i posted the same thing during the draft on sunday, about the packers having the 2 best qbs in the division... i kinda meant it tounge and cheek... kitna may be the senior qb and all but mentally does he have it?... remember he was supposed to throw 50 tds last year.... hahaha... i think i'd rather have arodg and brohm and their potential, cause i know what the lions have with kitna... i just hope arodg plays long enough w/o getting hurt to prove hes the real deal... just one mans opinion

Gunakor
04-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Kitna might be the most experienced QB in the division but certainly won't be the most productive. How many times was he sacked last year? Do you really think that Millen's first round MISS is going to help that line? I don't. All the experience in the world isn't going to do Kitna any good when he's lying on his back. Have no fear, the Lions will still suck. Kitna too.