PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning goes insane

packers11
04-29-2008, 11:33 AM
pft.com

MANNING GOES BONKOS
Posted by Mike Florio on April 29, 2008, 10:50 a.m.
Thanks to the magic that is YouTube, we’ve been tipped off by a couple of readers to a clip of Colts quarterback Peyton Manning going berserk on several of his offensive linemen while the Indy offense was on the sidelines in a game against the Rams.

The clip includes at the fifteen-second mark a failure large loogie flying out of Manning’s mouth and landing on his jersey.

Manning eventually is told, forcefully, by left tackle Tarik Glenn to “go sit down.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGsGOFgQ8BM

packers11
04-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Payton Manning better hope to god he doesn't have a 4-12 season with free agent lineman and receivers named Taco Wallace...

GBRulz
04-29-2008, 11:38 AM
that link didn't work for me but I just did a you tube search of Peyton Manning insane!

packinpatland
04-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Somehow, and it's not a stretch, I can't picture Brett ever having done something like that. :shock:

hoosier
04-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Somehow, and it's not a stretch, I can't picture Brett ever having done something like that. :shock:

If Brett were captured on video doing that people would just attribute it to his competetive spirit. :lol:

Freak Out
04-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Any downers?

Jimx29
04-29-2008, 12:21 PM
is this any surprise after he threw his whole offensive line under the bus after they lost the SB a few years back?

Ego....party of one

PlantPage55
04-29-2008, 12:26 PM
I've watched damn near every Packer football game since the 1996 season and AT MOST I've ever seen Brett turn to one of the lineman and give him a glare or say one quick thing.

I don't think he's ever run up, off of the field, and called anyone out in such a way.

Tarlam!
04-29-2008, 12:28 PM
From what I can gather, the lineman was bitchin' about the plays being called, or something. Manning basically said STFU. That's his right, IMHO.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Peyton has a little problem with his temper. He keeps it under control - for the most part.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2008, 01:09 PM
As an offensive linemen I would have kicked him in the balls, but I would have rather him come over to me like a man and let me have it than go through the coaching staff like a baby, or comment to the media. At least he "manned" up and took the matter into his own hands.

I never thought Payton had it in him to do something like that, I am actually becoming luke warm to this guy.

Tarlam!
04-29-2008, 01:14 PM
As an offensive linemen I would have kicked him in the balls, but I would have rather him come over to me like a man and let me have it than go through the coaching staff like a baby, or comment to the media. At least he "manned" up and took the matter into his own hands.

I never thought Payton had it in him to do something like that, I am actually becoming luke warm to this guy.

Fully agree.

I just wish the clip wasn't edited.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Brett got after his receivers pretty good last year. He got pretty pissed at Jones during a game.

hoosier
04-29-2008, 01:21 PM

I doubt you would really kick him in the balls, because if you did then you'd be blocking for Jim Sorgi for the rest of the game. That couldn't be much fun. Or else you'd be in protective custody to prevent the Indy fans from tearing you to pieces. Either way, not a good decision. :P

KYPack
04-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Payton Manning better hope to god he doesn't have a 4-12 season with free agent lineman and receivers named Taco Wallace...

I saw Brett ream Will Whitticker in 2005 for blowing (Yet again, for the 200th time) a block on a screen to Tony Fisher. It wasn't an extended ass chewing like PM does in that vid, but it looked like the fat guy wanted to cry. Brett took a lot that year, indeed.

SD GB fan
04-29-2008, 01:54 PM
We don't know the context of the situation for sure. But if Peyton called an audible to a pass and the line did not adjust and still run blocked, then obviously it is the lines fault. And I think Peyton has a right to be angry in that situation. Taking things of context does make him seem like a jackass.

It is the same with people to who say "Brett is a jackass to ignore Rodgers in the first year." Well look at the context, things did not go well that year (4-12) and Rodgers had to earn respect. Plus, no one held Favre's hand when Holgrem disciplined him and thus it is not surprising that Favre believes that players should find their own way. But does this mean Brett is a jackass?

Patler
04-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Plus, no one held Favre's hand when Holgrem disciplined him and thus it is not surprising that Favre believes that players should find their own way. But does this mean Brett is a jackass?

Both Mariucci and Reid buffered Holmgren's tirades against Favre. Both tell stories about telling Holmgren they told Favre to do things when Favre screwed up in games. There is a classic video of Reid do it during one game. Both looked out for Favre when it came to Holmgren.

Noodle
04-29-2008, 02:21 PM
I'm kind of with Nutz on this. I'm guessing the O-line, which of course far prefers to kick ass while run blocking rather than getting ass kicked in pass pro, was bitching about Manning changing to a pass. Again.

So good for Manning to respond, though he kind of does it like a friggin idiot. A few less decibels and a lot less lugie would have got the point across.

And he probably wouldn't have had to crap his pants, which you know he did when Glenn told him to shut up.

I still don't cut Favre any slack for goin' all PMS on A-Rod that first year. If he thinks he did it without any help, then he's deluding himself.

packinpatland
04-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Brett got after his receivers pretty good last year. He got pretty pissed at Jones during a game.

BIG...HUGE difference, tho, don't you think?

KYPack
04-29-2008, 02:48 PM

Fully agree.

I just wish the clip wasn't edited.

Tar, I know you don't have NFL Network over there (do you?)

You can see the whole incident on the tape of Indy's Super Bowl season. NFLN has a series called America's game. Manning was yelling at Saturday for suggesting and calling plays when there were substitutions. Manning had a quick window to call the play and didn't want Saturday yipping in the huddle.

Nutz, if you were yipping in the huddle, you know yourself the QB's gonna yell "shut the fuck up in my huddle"! He has to, there is only a short time to call the huddle play. Espec with indy where they do so much checking at the line.

Yeah, I think the message from peyton was right. I think Saturday was frustrated and wanted some run calls, & I think Glenn was right to defend a fellow OL.

All that shit really happens, ya know?

Tarlam!
04-29-2008, 02:55 PM
All that shit really happens, ya know?

No, I don't. But OMG thank my lucky stars I am on this form. Otherwise I would die stupid.

No sarcasm.

SkinBasket
04-29-2008, 04:40 PM
And he probably wouldn't have had to crap his pants, which you know he did when Glenn told him to shut up.

That was one of the fastest "cool offs" I think I've ever seen when Glenn got in front of him.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Plus, no one held Favre's hand when Holgrem disciplined him and thus it is not surprising that Favre believes that players should find their own way. But does this mean Brett is a jackass?

Both Mariucci and Reid buffered Holmgren's tirades against Favre. Both tell stories about telling Holmgren they told Favre to do things when Favre screwed up in games. There is a classic video of Reid do it during one game. Both looked out for Favre when it came to Holmgren.

I wonder if Brett could take anything Holmy could dish out because he played for his Dad in HS.

packinpatland
04-29-2008, 05:45 PM

I wonder if Brett could take anything Holmy could dish out because he played for his Dad in HS.

Remember that quote by Brett saying it was easier to play for other coaches because he 'didn't have to eat dinner with them'? :lol:

Kiwon
04-29-2008, 06:41 PM
I think Manning was on target. That's leadership in my book.

He is the field general and when guys screw up then at times he needs to get into their faces.

Notice that even when he's hot that he did not call them bad names but said "Jeff" referring to Jeff Saturday. He knew that he's miked and would not embarass his guys like that.

Bottom line, if A-Rod can even begin to approach the success that Peyton Manning consistently has then you'll see him doing the same thing because he's earned that right.

Joey Harrington, for example, could never get away with it. A successful QB can.

cpk1994
04-29-2008, 06:55 PM
I've watched damn near every Packer football game since the 1996 season and AT MOST I've ever seen Brett turn to one of the lineman and give him a glare or say one quick thing.

I don't think he's ever run up, off of the field, and called anyone out in such a way.YEs he has. Bill Shroeder.

packinpatland
04-29-2008, 07:07 PM

I don't think he's ever run up, off of the field, and called anyone out in such a way.YEs he has. Bill Shroeder.

If that happened (and I have no reason to doubt you), Shroeder deserved it. :wink:

RashanGary
04-29-2008, 07:07 PM
I saw Brett blow up at Clifton last year coming off the field after Cliffy missed a block. Clifton started yapping back and Favre backed off immediately. Favre has been very lucky to have Clifton these past 8 years, I thought it was bullshit to go off the way he did. I forget what game it was, but it was last year.

packinpatland
04-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Ok, OK,....... he was human. :roll:

FavreChild
04-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Look, how do you expect P. Manning to NOT go insane after that commercial where Jason Taylor is running is chasing him in that hallway and breaking all the lights as he runs??? Now that is scary.

Badgerinmaine
04-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Look, how do you expect P. Manning to NOT go insane after that commercial where Jason Taylor is running is chasing him in that hallway and breaking all the lights as he runs??? Now that is scary.

It's almost like something out of a James Bond movie, right down to his friend in the tank with the vicious sharks. Okay, it's Marvin Harrison surrounded by dolphins, but still...kinda creepy.

Back to the video...it's an emotional game sometimes in the heat of the action. I'll bet something like that happens someplace on most any NFL Sunday. TO has certainly had some sideline snaps that weren't as logical.

Tarlam!
05-01-2008, 12:30 PM
that link didn't work for me but I just did a you tube search of Peyton Manning insane!

Haahhahahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The link has "disappeared"

Wow, those NFL Franchises have clout....

Little Whiskey
05-08-2008, 04:31 PM

Haahhahahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The link has "disappeared"

Wow, those NFL Franchises have clout....

Found it again.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1813810