PDA

View Full Version : If you could have gotten one guy...

3irty1
04-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Who would it have been? I mean realistically.

I kind of wanted CB Dwight Lowery from San Jose St. He went 113th with a pick that we traded to the Jets!!!

Tarlam!
04-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Cason, but I am happy with what we got.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2008, 12:30 PM
I wanted Adrian Peterson.

Joemailman
04-29-2008, 12:43 PM
I think John Greco would have been a great pick at the end of the 2nd round.

Spaulding
04-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Cason as well. Was hoping he'd slide.

Badgepack
04-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Boise State CB Orlando Scandrick, hoped we could have nabbed him in the later rounds.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2008, 01:03 PM
I was hopeful for Cason. The guy seems to have an incredible build for a corner back and was really smooth in his coverages.

gbpackfan
04-29-2008, 01:17 PM
John David Booty :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2008, 01:26 PM
I'd say late in the draft I was hoping for one RB Chauncey Washington. I also like Henne more than Brohm, but I was surprised and happy that we were able to get one of them.

BF4MVP
04-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Woulda liked to have Kevin Smith..But that would have meant not having either Brohm or Lee, so I'm okay with how it turned out..

Gunakor
04-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Rodgers-Cromartie, but I'm also glad we didn't trade away half of our draft to move up to get him. Would have just loved to see him fall.

St. Vince
04-29-2008, 01:42 PM
I was hoping for Mike Hart. I think he has a big upside.

Rastak
04-29-2008, 02:21 PM

Brohm......wanna trade?

:lol:

You'd lose out on the sophmoric humor then though......

gbpackfan
04-29-2008, 02:23 PM

Brohm......wanna trade?

Sophmoric? Well, it's a step up from 6th grade I guess. :D :P :)

Charles Woodson
04-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Mike Jenkins

Lurker64

Brohm......wanna trade?

Oh, I'd still think his name was funny if he was a Packer.

Zool

Brohm......wanna trade?

Oh, I'd still think it's funny if he was a Packer.

Same. I'd be first in line to get a Booty jersey.

Lurker64
04-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Same. I'd be first in line to get a Booty jersey.

Oh man, now I'm upset we didn't get him. I never thought of that!

packers11
04-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Mike Jenkins

Yea , I was a little high on him too until I read that he thinks practice is useless and finds to need to do it...

After the kid out of the Troy; the rest of the cornerbacks are a tossup for boom or bust... (in my opinion)

I for one wanted Lee and :

Reggie Smith or Brandom Flowers... Which T.T. could have gotten two out of the three...

I wanted to see real competition at the CB spot, but I guess we will see that in the WR spot this year...

SkinBasket
04-29-2008, 04:45 PM
I was hoping for Reggie Smith too. No more than 20 seconds after posting those feelings in the draft thread, however, SF took him from me and broke my little heart.

red
04-29-2008, 04:57 PM
flowers

but tt being the clever guy he is, decided he could still get flowers if he traded back a few spots

whoops

oregonpackfan
04-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Cason easily. Having watched Cason play several games last season, he was highly impressive.

His play in the Arizona-Oregon games last year was the most dominating performance I have ever seen by a college defensive back. He was the best player on the field, including Oregon RB Jonathan Stewart.

(That was also the game where Dennis Dixon's ACL buckled early in the second quarter.)

Bretsky
04-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Definitely wanted Cason or Flowers in that order

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Cason sounds like a zone corner. Flowers is short. I'm just glad Bretsky isn't running our draft.
:D

red
04-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Cason sounds like a zone corner. Flowers is short. I'm just glad Bretsky isn't running our draft.

flowers is 1/4 inch shorter then mike jenkins. you never heard anything about jenkins being too short. and he was one whole inch shorter then mckelvin. wanna know how small one inch is? look down :wink:

us not getting cason doesn't bother me, because he was gone before #30. flowers was still there. in TT's press conference after the first day, one reporter asked him why he didn't get flowers. tt said they liked him and he was on their board. the guy then asked, where was he on the board? and TT said he would talk about where they had guys rated. he dodged the question

i took from that that flowers was the guy they wanted but they thought they could trade down and still get him. and it backfired. then TT goes on to say that jordy was the guy they wanted all along, probably so it didn't look like he f'ed up.

i don't buy it. I think TT really screwed the pooch with that first pick

gbpackfan
04-29-2008, 08:54 PM
TT DID NOT screw the pooch with the pick of Jordy Nelson. He will make you eat your words. Trust me on this.

Flowers is a midget. NO THANKS! Lee was the perfect pick after Cason was gone.

Brando19
04-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Steve Slaton or Dennis Dixon.

b bulldog
04-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Mike jenkins for me also. I'm glad we didn't get Flowers. He is small and he isn't very fast. I was really hoping mendenhall was going to drop to us.

red
04-29-2008, 08:57 PM
TT DID NOT screw the pooch with the pick of Jordy Nelson. He will make you eat your words. Trust me on this.

we'll talk after he makes 15-20 catches each of the next 3 years playing behind driver, jennings and jones

Bretsky
04-29-2008, 09:24 PM

Time will tell if your boy Lee turns out better than zony and shorty in your analysis.

Let's start up that radio show so we can argue :!: I'll be the first to call you a TT bobblehead and the calls will flood in.

We'll make millions !

Bretsky
04-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Mike jenkins for me also. I'm glad we didn't get Flowers. He is small and he isn't very fast. I was really hoping mendenhall was going to drop to us.

Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't Flowers 1/2 inch shorter than Jenkins ????

I like Jenkins better too; but it's not like there is much of a difference there

Bretsky
04-29-2008, 09:31 PM

flowers is 1/4 inch shorter then mike jenkins. you never heard anything about jenkins being too short. and he was one whole inch shorter then mckelvin. wanna know how small one inch is? look down :wink:

us not getting cason doesn't bother me, because he was gone before #30. flowers was still there. in TT's press conference after the first day, one reporter asked him why he didn't get flowers. tt said they liked him and he was on their board. the guy then asked, where was he on the board? and TT said he would talk about where they had guys rated. he dodged the question

i took from that that flowers was the guy they wanted but they thought they could trade down and still get him. and it backfired. then TT goes on to say that jordy was the guy they wanted all along, probably so it didn't look like he f'ed up.

i don't buy it. I think TT really screwed the pooch with that first pick

All analysis aside, TT has done very very well for the Green Bay Packers; I just can't fall into the mojo that since he's done well so far we don't have the right to criticize or question. Probably why I won't ever make it to the top of corporate America. I can't stop myself from the critical analysis based on the little that I do or do not know.

After Flowers was picked in front of us, I think Jordy might have been the right pick. I was listening and all of Pittsburg was incredibly happy that they got their WR as well. I was a fan of him as well as Hardy. But I think we drafted the lower risk high high character guy and I can't see him being a bust.

I do agree that TT was figuring Flowers would fall, but he made the best of things after he did not.

3irty1
04-30-2008, 12:27 AM

I agree but I think Cason would have been much better than Flowers. Cason seems like the full package and could succeed at what the Packers do. Flowers is Antoine Winfield 2.0. He can tackle but he'll be picked on in coverage.

twoseven
04-30-2008, 03:56 AM
Jonathan Stewart then Cason..

..glad JStew went so early, no need to pine over TT not trading up a few spots to get him..Cason was one of several DBs that to me seemed just OK, would rather see us trade picks for a sure thing than go through another Antuan Edwards or Ahmad Carrol experience, so I was pleased to see the trade down..then I was ver happy about the Brohm selection. Couldn't be happier with our round 2, the trade up for he DE (TT knows his defense) and the pick of J.Fin out of TX. Flynn in 7 will turn out to be a steal.

Only thing that makes me nervous is I paid almost no attention to the pre-draft hype this year but still managed to recognize the names of 5 of the guys TT selected. Is this a bad sign?

vince
04-30-2008, 06:07 AM
Ray Rice, who was selected one pick before the Packers drafted Brohm in the second.

Fritz
04-30-2008, 06:13 AM
Jonathan Stewart then Cason..

..glad JStew went so early, no need to pine over TT not trading up a few spots to get him..Cason was one of several DBs that to me seemed just OK, would rather see us trade picks for a sure thing than go through another Antuan Edwards or Ahmad Carrol experience, so I was pleased to see the trade down..then I was ver happy about the Brohm selection. Couldn't be happier with our round 2, the trade up for he DE (TT knows his defense) and the pick of J.Fin out of TX. Flynn in 7 will turn out to be a steal.

Only thing that makes me nervous is I paid almost no attention to the pre-draft hype this year but still managed to recognize the names of 5 of the guys TT selected. Is this a bad sign?

I had the same experience. In the past, when I've studied draft charts, I didn't recognize many of the guys TT drafted, but this year, when I mostly laid off, I knew Lee, Finley, and Brohm. Kinda spooky. But at least I didn't know Jordy Nelson.

Joemailman
04-30-2008, 06:40 AM

we'll talk after he makes 15-20 catches each of the next 3 years playing behind driver, jennings and jones

I'd be surprised if Nelson is playing behind Jones for very long. Sounds like Jones maybe feels the same way since he voiced some displeasure over the Nelson pick.

red
04-30-2008, 08:07 AM

I'd be surprised if Nelson is playing behind Jones for very long. Sounds like Jones maybe feels the same way since he voiced some displeasure over the Nelson pick.

again, why ha jones fallen so far in our minds? is it because nelson was drafted higher up?

jones had a great rookie year aside from his first game with all the fumbles. he put up almost identicle numbers to jennings rookie year.

him and jordy seem almost like the same player

why do people think that nelson is just going to walk in and be better then a good looking jones is? its almost a given on here, and most people on here claim that after only seeing the talib play and nothing more

like i said in another thread. its funny how ALMOST (happy 007) loved jones before the draft and though he was a stud. then the second we take another guy with our first pick, jones became a guy thats, not-so-good, that is probably going to be beat out by a guy that 98% of the people on here have never seen more then one play

mark my words, jones is very motivated now, watch him to take a huge step this year. if we have a qb that can get the ball to the wr's

The Leaper
04-30-2008, 08:38 AM
again, why ha jones fallen so far in our minds? is it because nelson was drafted higher up?

jones had a great rookie year aside from his first game with all the fumbles. he put up almost identicle numbers to jennings rookie year.

Jones is a good player. I don't think anyone is claiming he's not any good. It wasn't the fumbles against Chicago that bother me...it is the fact that he mostly disappeared after that Chicago game. He had the big TD against Denver, but that was about it for impact the rest of the season. He only had one more game after that Chicago debacle where he posted at least 4 catches...when he had posted 4 or more catches in each of his first 5 games. That was a discouraging sign IMO.

I'm very happy that we now have 3 young WRs who can really make an impact when Driver goes into decline. I think Thompson has learned from the Walker scenario...as well as a lot of other incidient recently in the NFL with WRs...that it can be tough to keep these guys happy. You can't have too many of them.

3irty1
04-30-2008, 08:39 AM

Jones is a good player. I don't think anyone is claiming he's not any good. It wasn't the fumbles against Chicago that bother me...it is the fact that he mostly disappeared after that Chicago game. He had the big TD against Denver, but that was about it for impact the rest of the season. He only had one more game after that Chicago debacle where he posted at least 4 catches...when he had posted 4 or more catches in each of his first 5 games. That was a discouraging sign IMO.

I'm very happy that we now have 3 young WRs who can really make an impact when Driver goes into decline. I think Thompson has learned from the Walker scenario...as well as a lot of other incidient recently in the NFL with WRs...that it can be tough to keep these guys happy. You can't have too many of them.

I don't really hold those against him. I felt like they were just exceptional plays by Tillman.

The Leaper
04-30-2008, 08:44 AM
A lot of it is more about enthusiasm over Nelson than it is discouragement over Jones.

Like Harvey mentioned in another thread...Jones didn't have the WOW factor when you reviewed his highlights that Nelson has. Jones played against crap competition...and played very well...but he didn't have a highlight of him blowing past one of the top CB prospects in the draft...he didn't have 2 punt return TDs...etc, etc.

I'm not convinced Nelson will unseat Jones in 2008. I'm fairly convinced that Nelson will unseat Jones at some point, though.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-30-2008, 08:55 AM
I wanted Mike Jenkins or Flowers. I didn't care about Flowers being to short because he can just down right play ball.

The chiefs really did have a great draft.....

3irty1
02-09-2009, 02:34 PM

I kind of wanted CB Dwight Lowery from San Jose St. He went 113th with a pick that we traded to the Jets!!!

Lowery's 2008 Rookie Stats:

16 GP, 10 GS, 64 Tackles, 54 Solo, 1 Int, 16 PD, 5 FF

KYPack
02-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Ah, April of 08.

We were all so young and naive.

And PackerRats was a tighter and more friendly group.

The "Favre Civil War" hadn't started yet.

red
02-09-2009, 07:42 PM
brandon flowers

69 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 2 ints, 1 td, in 14 games

FUTT

red
02-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Rodgers-Cromartie, but I'm also glad we didn't trade away half of our draft to move up to get him. Would have just loved to see him fall.

that looks like a good deal now

i would gladly trade jordy, brohm, and pat lee for DRC

SkinBasket
02-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Ah, April of 08.

We were all so young and naive.

And PackerRats was a tighter and more friendly group.

The "Favre Civil War" hadn't started yet.

STFU before I punch you in the face you fat chicken eatin' bastard!

Joemailman
02-09-2009, 08:41 PM

Nelson had 33 catches in 2008. Of course, he was helped by injuries to Jones, so we don't know for sure who will get more playing time if they are both healthy. I still think Nelson is the better player although Jones played well late. Mt guess is that Jones will be #4 until Driver retires.

Brando19
02-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Brandon Flowers. I still like the Brian Brohm pick. I have a feeling he's going to be a really good QB in the NFL one day...whether it's for Green Bay...I guess time will tell.

Waldo
02-09-2009, 09:49 PM
I loved Groves in the draft last year. I thought that it was time to cut bait with KGB and pick up a new pass rusher, and thought Groves was a very similar player to KGB.

KGB was good, but not 7M/yr good.

Partial
02-09-2009, 09:54 PM

This zinger didn't get due props. Well done, sir.

Guiness
02-10-2009, 01:48 AM
I liked Rodgers-Cromartie a lot, but that pipe dream was gone early in the draft.

I was pulling for Mendenhall as he continued to fall. Once he went off the board, my dreams for the day were gone :?

cpk1994
02-10-2009, 07:17 AM

Brohm......wanna trade?

You'd lose out on the sophmoric humor then though......I'd be careful ragging on Booty, Ras. Serial killers usually have 3 names. :D

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-10-2009, 08:43 AM
I wanted Mike Jenkins or Flowers. I didn't care about Flowers being to short because he can just down right play ball.

The chiefs really did have a great draft.....

Flowers or Jenkins instead of Nelson. Nelson is good, but I'd much rather have a good corner.

red
02-10-2009, 09:14 AM

This zinger didn't get due props. Well done, sir.

i know

i mean what the hell? no one even noticed for almost a year

Bossman641
02-12-2009, 09:27 AM

Lowery's 2008 Rookie Stats:

16 GP, 10 GS, 64 Tackles, 54 Solo, 1 Int, 16 PD, 5 FF

5 Forced Fumbles from a corner? That is impressive.