PDA

View Full Version : Interesting observation about Favre

motife
04-30-2008, 02:25 PM
"Favre probably wouldn't have played as well in 2008 and he did in '07. He faded in each of the last three years. The INT against the Giants was horrific; in fact, his last five series were horrific. Not a very good sign for the future. (oh and I forgot this) He folded in the extreme cold twice in a month."

by a well known WI writer

Tarlam!
04-30-2008, 02:29 PM
OK. Put the bong down and move awy from the dried herbs in front of you....

texaspackerbacker
04-30-2008, 02:41 PM
It probably isn't quite as clear cut as that, but Favre was having more and more ups and downs as time went by. He staved off the inevitability of aging with a massive effort last summer, and taking him at his word, he didn't feel up to that effort this year. If he had come back without that conditioning, etc., it's logical to conclude that he would have faded to a level lower than 2006--and extremely much below 2007.

Combine that with Aaron Rodgers seeming to be ready, and the future is now.

Green Bud Packer
04-30-2008, 02:43 PM
I'd love to see McGinn choking on a bonger. :smk:

pbmax
05-01-2008, 12:39 AM
That writer isn't the only person speculating that Favre was suffering from the cold more than in the past, due to his age. Almost everyone I talked to immediately after the Bears and Giants game thought he looked colder than everyone else. Elway mentioned this after his retirement about playing in Mile High. Wasn't the only reason, but was one of them.

I am less certain about the late season fades, losing his legs, etc. Quite possible and his number did decline in many second half of the season games, but that is very dependent on talent (your offense) versus the opponent's defense.

The Leaper
05-01-2008, 08:14 AM
I am less certain about the late season fades, losing his legs, etc. Quite possible and his number did decline in many second half of the season games, but that is very dependent on talent (your offense) versus the opponent's defense.

With Rodgers, that could also be easily mitigated by just putting the young kid in there when you are up 2 scores in the 4th quarter.