PDA

View Full Version : TT-- ROOKIE COMPARABLE TO TAUSCHER

Bretsky
04-30-2008, 10:59 PM
We'll see if the Rook can come right in and start from day 1

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=745817

OTHER NOTABLE POINTS

* sounds like TT may have stood pat at 30 if Cason was there *
* TT was considering DE Philip Merling* (honestly he'd have been my pick)

* Koren Robinson still has a knee ailment- he's prolly good as gone*
* TT would not say if he preferred Jordy over Devon Thomas..my gut says he did**

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Sitton is bound to be the best player in our draft--because he was the player that I liked the least at draft time.

RashanGary
05-01-2008, 06:30 AM
I really like the Sitton pick. I like that he's allegedly bigger and badder than Colledge. He's not nearly as experienced, so I think (like with Brohm) that it will be very hard to win the starting gig on week 1 or even year 1. That said, I think there is a good chance that he does win it in year 2 or midway through the season if Colledge shows the same inconsistancies that he showed last year. More than anything, he's a college player that had loads of success. I like guys who do it in college before we assume they can do it on the next level.

Fritz
05-01-2008, 12:11 PM
We'll see if the Rook can come right in and start from day 1

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=745817

OTHER NOTABLE POINTS

* sounds like TT may have stood pat at 30 if Cason was there *
* TT was considering DE Philip Merling* (honestly he'd have been my pick)

* Koren Robinson still has a knee ailment- he's prolly good as gone*
* TT would not say if he preferred Jordy over Devon Thomas..my gut says he did**

I agree with your point on Cason, Bretsky. Makes me wonder what TT would have had to give up to move ahead of San Diego.

Merling - sounds to me like TT had him rated a little lower than 30 - but I agree that had he been sitting there a little later, TT might've grabbed him.

I think you're right - I think we're going to see an injury settlement with K-Rob.

I agree with your last point - TT preferred Jordy Nelson to Thomas but did not want to diss Thomas. Thank God he preferred Nelson. Thomas was a well-known pinhead at MSU. I think they're glad he's gone.

Partial
05-01-2008, 12:32 PM
I really like the Sitton pick. I like that he's allegedly bigger and badder than Colledge. He's not nearly as experienced, so I think (like with Brohm) that it will be very hard to win the starting gig on week 1 or even year 1. That said, I think there is a good chance that he does win it in year 2 or midway through the season if Colledge shows the same inconsistancies that he showed last year. More than anything, he's a college player that had loads of success. I like guys who do it in college before we assume they can do it on the next level.

flip-flopper of the year.