PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man movie

Kiwon
05-03-2008, 08:07 PM
I saw it a couple of days ago.

Robert Downey, Jr. carried the movie, of course, but the plot and action sequences weren't half bad.

Downey's 43 years old so he has a couple of sequels in him if he wants them.

Wha'd cha think? Is the movie worth a sequel?

Jimx29
05-03-2008, 08:45 PM
word is is that they already have 2 more wrote, with one for sure going to be made a movie

red
05-03-2008, 09:35 PM
i almot went to see this yesterday, maybe tommorow

its suppose to be awesome, even for people who are not into comics, which i am not

its got a 94% from RT

BallHawk
05-03-2008, 10:59 PM
It's an orgy of special effects with a little bit of plot here and there.

It's good, but I wouldn't rave about it.

Kiwon
05-04-2008, 12:33 AM
i almot went to see this yesterday, maybe tommorow

its suppose to be awesome, even for people who are not into comics, which i am not

its got a 94% from RT

I wouldn't call it awesome. The SFX are good and make up for the plot which is thin in parts. Downey is in maybe 90% of the scenes so the movie really revolves around him. He played his part very well.

Jeff Bridges and Gwyneth Paltrow also did a good job as did the terrorist "bad guys." Overall, the movie didn't have a cartoon feel to it and most of the characters were reasonably believable.

The cameo of Stan Lee was expected but still cool.

This movie is 3 times better than "The Fantastic Four" and the plot far more coherent than the last Spiderman.

The studio could make a lot of money with a well-done sequel.

woodbuck27
05-04-2008, 12:18 PM
OK thanks for the reviews.

LL2
05-04-2008, 03:58 PM
I definitely want to see this movie. Iron Man was one of my favorite characters when I was younger and I still have an Iron Man comic book series. Spiderman and X-Men are probably the best superhero movies. I hope this summers Hulk is much better than the lame ass Hulk movie they came out with a few years ago.

red
05-04-2008, 05:29 PM
I definitely want to see this movie. Iron Man was one of my favorite characters when I was younger and I still have an Iron Man comic book series. Spiderman and X-Men are probably the best superhero movies. I hope this summers Hulk is much better than the lame ass Hulk movie they came out with a few years ago.

i think the fact that ed norton is the main character should make this hulk movie 50 times better

guys a hell of an actor

MadtownPacker
05-05-2008, 11:08 AM

i think the fact that ed norton is the main character should make this hulk movie 50 times better

guys a hell of an actorAnything Norton touches turns to gold but I heard where Ed was fighting with the Hulk director because Norton was suppose to have input on how the movie is shot. Heard Norton will not be promoting or talking about the movie at all because he is too pissed. Makes me worry it wont be good.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-05-2008, 11:20 AM

guys a hell of an actor

The first Hulk wasn't Bana's fault, it was the director's.

I read an interview with him and he was quite "kind" in his lack of dissing the director...but, you could tell that he was pissed...and that Wang gave him no direction as to what he wanted.

You watch Chopper, Troy, Munich, Black Hawk Down and tell me he can't act.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-05-2008, 11:20 AM

guys a hell of an actorAnything Norton touches turns to gold but I heard where Ed was fighting with the Hulk director because Norton was suppose to have input on how the movie is shot. Heard Norton will not be promoting or talking about the movie at all because he is too pissed. Makes me worry it wont be good.

This sounds exactly like what happened on American History X. Director and Norton got into and director left and took his name off the project.

MadtownPacker
05-05-2008, 11:31 AM
This sounds exactly like what happened on American History X. Director and Norton got into and director left and took his name off the project.
Then that director didnt know shit because AH X is pretty damn good,

Tyrone Bigguns
05-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Then that director didnt know shit because AH X is pretty damn good,

Am X is ok. I certainly can see how it became more of a feature on Norton vs. what the original intent was.

Kaye wanted his name removed because in the reediting, Norton put himself in more to get more screen time.

Jimx29
05-05-2008, 12:31 PM
The turd only made $100,750,000.00 over the weekend, and 96% of people give it at least a "B" rating

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ironman.htm

LL2
05-05-2008, 12:46 PM

guys a hell of an actor

I agree. He's done some really good roles. Is Score the one he did with Brando before he died? That was a good movie, and so was the Italian Job, but that was more of a Mark Wahlberg movie.