PDA

View Full Version : Packers Rank 4th - ESPN The Magazine's 'Ultimate Standings'.

woodbuck27
05-04-2008, 08:36 AM
News / Stories / May 1, 2008

Packers Rank 4th - ESPN The Magazine's 'Ultimate Standings'

by Mike Spofford, Packers.com
posted 05/01/2008

After two seasons out of the Top 10, the Green Bay Packers are back among the elite franchises in pro sports, according to ESPN The Magazine's 'Ultimate Standings.'

The annual rankings, based on a comprehensive fan satisfaction survey, ranks the Packers fourth among all major professional sports organizations in 2008 and second in the NFL to the Indianapolis Colts, the sports world's top-ranked franchise.

"It's great to see the Packers again ranked as one of the top sports franchises," said Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy. "Among our top goals at the Packers are to put a winning team on the field and provide the fans with an outstanding experience at Lambeau Field, both on game day and other days they may visit. We're pleased to see the fans responding to the survey have recognized the organization's efforts, and the unique and special nature of this club. It remains one of pro sports' great stories."

Entire Story:

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2008/05/01/1/

To check out the entire survey, click the link below:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/franchiseRanks?sport=nfl&year=2008

PACKERS FOREVER!

GrnBay007
05-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Back on top: Patriots lead post-draft NFL power ranks

USA TODAY's NFL power rankings
(Power rankings reflect votes by 12 staffers after the NFL draft.)

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Last rank: 2

Total points: 376
Notes: Surprising that 18-1 team receives NFL's easiest schedule. (Four first-place votes)

N.Y. GIANTS

Last rank: 1

Total points: 362
Notes: Really no superstars, but burgeoning depth is impressive. (Five first-place votes.)

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Last rank: 5

Total points: 357
Notes: Marvin Harrison's health could be least of his worries now. (One first-place vote.)

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

Last rank: 3 (tie)

Total points: 353
Notes: Title hopes probably hinge on Philip Rivers' knee. (Two first-place votes.)

DALLAS COWBOYS

Last rank: 7

Total points: 346
Notes: With Jerry, Felix, Pacman and in tow, Dallas loves Joneses. (Sorry, Julius.)

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

Last rank: 6

Total points: 325
Notes: Hey, Peyton, they're coming after you on the field and in the standings.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Last rank: 9

Total points: 288
Notes: Mike Holmgren could return to Super Bowl in his swan song.

CLEVELAND BROWNS

Last rank: 11 (tie)

Total points: 286
Notes: The Browns look primed to make a run at first division title since NFL return.

GREEN BAY PACKERS

Last rank: 3 (tie)

Total points: 271
Notes: Over/under: Is Brett Favre back under center by Week 6?

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Last rank: 14

Total points: 270
Notes: Donovan McNabb reverted to Pro Bowl form at end of '07. Will it continue in '08?

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Last rank: 8

Total points: 263
Notes: If patchwork line can block, offense (with Willie Parker and Rashard Mendenhall in backfield) could be really scary.

MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Last rank: 17

Total points: 224
Notes: QB questions persist, but with that defense, 13 points a game might net 11 wins.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-05-06-power-rankings_N.htm

BlueBrewer
05-07-2008, 09:12 AM
This poll has no credibility when a NHL team and an NBA team that is less than 5 years old are in the top 10.

LL2
05-07-2008, 09:14 AM
It's nice to see us ahead of New England and that Dallas is #8. Those Lions can't do anything right. They are all the way at the bottom at number 32.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-07-2008, 09:02 PM
This poll has no credibility when a NHL team and an NBA team that is less than 5 years old are in the top 10.

What does being an NHL team have to do with invalidating their fans? Or they other categories that are rated?

Considering that in 15 years they have been in the playoffs 5 times, won the west twice and won the stanley cup last year...i think you are the one with no credibility.

As for the Hornets, umm, sorry, but they are quite a bit older than 5 years. And, considering that they have now played in 3 cities in less than 10 years..i think that says something about the team.

Again, you are the one with no credibility stating that they have been around less than 5 years.

Perhaps you should look at the categories before popping off.

BlueBrewer
05-08-2008, 11:51 AM

What does being an NHL team have to do with invalidating their fans? Or they other categories that are rated?

Considering that in 15 years they have been in the playoffs 5 times, won the west twice and won the stanley cup last year...i think you are the one with no credibility.

As for the Hornets, umm, sorry, but they are quite a bit older than 5 years. And, considering that they have now played in 3 cities in less than 10 years..i think that says something about the team.

Again, you are the one with no credibility stating that they have been around less than 5 years.

Easy tiger. Let me rephrase, from my point of view, it has no credibility. Because I can't stand the NBA and my point was the same that you pointed out that they are in a new city every 3 years and the NHL is not exactly as popular as NFL. Now take a fucking midol or hit the pipe or whatever you have to do to settle the fuck down bitch.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-08-2008, 06:18 PM

Easy tiger. Let me rephrase, from my point of view, it has no credibility. Because I can't stand the NBA and my point was the same that you pointed out that they are in a new city every 3 years and the NHL is not exactly as popular as NFL. Now take a fucking midol or hit the pipe or whatever you have to do to settle the fuck down bitch.

Oh, so you don't like the NBA..that means their product and fans can't be used? :roll:

They aren't in a new city every 3 years. Are you really so ridiculous as to blame the team for Katrina?

As for popularity...what does that have to do with it? Perhaps you should read the criteria before popping off. Then, you might not sound like an idiot.