PDA

View Full Version : Lee Remmel, Green Bay Packers Team Historian, To Retire

woodbuck27
05-04-2008, 11:14 AM
http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2007/12/12/1/

Lee Remmel, Green Bay Packers Team Historian, To Retire After 62-Year Association With Franchise

posted 12/12/2007

Lee Remmel, a man who has been associated with the Green Bay Packers since the Curly Lambeau era, will retire Dec. 31, celebrating a 62-year relationship with the storied franchise.

A member of the Packers' front office since 1974, Remmel led the organization's public relations and publicity efforts until 2004, when he became the Packers' team historian, an honor bestowed upon him by then-Packers CEO Bob Harlan. Prior to joining the team's front office, Remmel was a sportswriter and columnist for the Green Bay Press-Gazette for nearly 30 years, covering his first Packers game in 1945 in Milwaukee.

"It's time...and then some," Remmel said of his finishing up one of the NFL's most respected front office careers. "I have enjoyed a 62-year association with the Packers - first as a reporter for the Press-Gazette, and then 33 years as an employee of the organization. It's been a long and satisfying career for the greatest sports franchise in the universe. . . . . .

For complete story click on the above LINK.

woodbuck27:

I'm not sure if this story was ever posted on our Forum so here it is.

PACKERS FOREVER!

woodbuck27
05-04-2008, 11:19 AM
http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2004/04/12/4/

Remmel: A Historian's Tale Begins

posted 04/12/2004

Note: The following article first appeared in the April edition of Packer Report

Since having recently been designated the first official team historian in the distinguished annals of the Green Bay Packers, I've been asked how I happened to begin chronicling the fortunes of the Green and Gold, something I have been doing for nearly 60 years.

Peering into my "rear view mirror," I can trace that process back to the summer of 1945, when I was a cub city side reporter for the Green Bay Press-Gazette and my desk in the editorial department, fortuitously, happened to be next to that of George Whitney Calhoun, then the newspaper's garrulous assistant telegraph editor.

For complete story see LINK above.

PACKERS FOREVER!

Kiwon
05-04-2008, 11:41 AM
:D :D :D

Here we go again on the "Retro News Network"

Hey I heard that the Packers drafted a QB from Furman, David Whitehurst. Has that been posted yet?

BallHawk
05-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Woody, I think even the people in Nunavut heard this news a few weeks ago.

the_idle_threat
05-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Well I hadn't heard it, so screw the rest of you. :!: Are we gonna have rules about how old a news item can be, or are we just fucking with Woody?

MJZiggy
05-05-2008, 08:39 PM
I think we're just fucking with Woody. (though I could be wrong on that)

Kiwon
05-06-2008, 04:13 AM
Well, I'm harmless. Just good-natured fun.

BTW, for the young'uns, David Whitehurst was a draft pick of the Packers in 1977.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Whitehurst