PDA

View Full Version : The Rev

Harlan Huckleby
05-04-2008, 12:13 PM
hope this covers the range of opinion

BallHawk
05-04-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm like half-way between options #2 and #3. I thing it would be wrong for somebody to base their opinion of Obama off Wright, but it is relevant and the public does need to hear about it....just not this much.

Deputy Nutz
05-04-2008, 01:47 PM
How many threads do we now have here about this guy?

You people care way to much about this shit.

Freak Out
05-04-2008, 04:22 PM
I don't give a fuck. Thats my vote.

Scott Campbell
05-04-2008, 05:57 PM
How many threads do we now have here about this guy?

You people care way to much about this shit.

Before you gripe about this too much, think about some of Harlan's pet causes in non election years - something to think about.

Harlan Huckleby
05-04-2008, 07:06 PM
http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/gallery/screenshots/lists/news_198.jpg

I see a little of the Rev in nutz. "God Bless Huckleby? No no no - God Damn Huckleby!"

texaspackerbacker
05-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Way to keep the mess alive, Harlan.

Kiwon
05-04-2008, 11:02 PM
The whole Presidential election campaign cycle is far too long. Nearly everyone is sick of it. Talk about a waste of money and time.

The Rev. J Wright story won't disappear either because the Dem strategists haven't "exposed" the evil, awful, scary John Hagee as if to equate the two men. That will be coming during the General Election season in the fall.

Face it, J Wright in his retirement has stumbled into a bigger career as "Black America's pastor" because a sizeable portion of blacks agree with his views. He's a rock star and his new job is to hold Barack's feet to the fire when he is elected president.

He knows it and he's not going anywhere.

oregonpackfan
05-04-2008, 11:15 PM
hope this covers the range of opinion

How about the option regarding Rev. Wrights rant about getting rid of blue dog posters! :)

Freak Out
05-04-2008, 11:24 PM
http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/gallery/screenshots/lists/news_198.jpg

ROFL!

This makes the thread.

Kiwon
05-04-2008, 11:28 PM
:D :D :D

That is pretty classic! Good one, HH.

Harlan Huckleby
05-05-2008, 07:58 AM
The Rev is high drama. I believe people are sick of hearing about it, just like they got sick of Monica Lewinski, but what a story! "Presidential candidate gets blow job from Pastor." Whups, no, got stories confused. Well, you know the story.

The Rev is America's finest comedian since Flip Wilson. He was screamingly funny at the National Press Club. And he's extremely smart, just a bit looney around the edges.

The Leaper
05-05-2008, 08:51 AM
The Rev. J Wright story won't disappear either because the Dem strategists haven't "exposed" the evil, awful, scary John Hagee as if to equate the two men. That will be coming during the General Election season in the fall.

I don't think the Dems will touch Hagee if Obama is the nominee. The two relationships are entirely different (unless I missed the part where Hagee married John McCain, baptised his children, was his pastor for 20 years, was a significant influence in McCain's best selling book, was part of McCain's spiritual leadership team as a candidate, etc, etc, etc) and bringing up Hagee would just emphasize that point to Obama's detriment.

Obama's campaign will be 100% ISSUES now. Forget race...forget religion...even though both are legitimate issues, I doubt Obama will spend much time addressing either from here on out. In the general election, unlike now, he actually has different viewpoints than his opponent on major election themes not related to race or religion...and he will try to capitalize on that.

The Leaper
05-05-2008, 08:55 AM
The Rev is America's finest comedian since Flip Wilson. He was screamingly funny at the National Press Club. And he's extremely smart, just a bit looney around the edges.

The guy is quite entertaining...although Cheney probably doesn't think so.

woodbuck27
05-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Obama will be your Democratic candidate.

More important issues exist.

ie How fine a Democratic Candidate Obama "will make or not" based on . . " his experience " ?

texaspackerbacker
05-05-2008, 11:01 AM
True about Obama's experience and views being much more relevant--and much more damning as they become exposed.

The Wright thing, however, is relevant to the extent that it is an effective tool--for Hillary now and for McCain later, if Obama indeed does get the nomination--in engineering the defeat of this horribly flawed and anti-American candidate.

The Leaper
05-05-2008, 11:23 AM
More important issues exist.

I disagree.

The decision making and honesty of a President are among the greatest attributes we should hold dear. Who gives a flying fuck what a candidate's thoughts are about the "other issues" if you can't believe a word he or she is saying?

Obama's relationship with Rev. Wright, not to mention other questionable characters, and his questionable honesty regarding that relationship throughout the campaign, is a very valid and important issue.

MadtownPacker
05-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Master P was way ahead of his time. This song is almost custom made for Rev Do "Wright".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7vgGh4AAgo