PDA

View Full Version : Updates on Rodgers/B Jacks

packers11
05-05-2008, 11:28 AM
www.rotoworld.com

Brandon Jackson is expected to be Ryan Grant's primary backup this season.

DeShawn Wynn, Vernand Morency, and Noah Herron are also in the mix, but coach Mike McCarthy is pleased with Jackson's development. To keep the role, he'll have to be more decisive and better in blitz pickup in game settings

Coach Mike McCarthy indicated that the Packers will continue to use spread formations this season.

The Pack has five starting-caliber WRs in Donald Driver, James Jones, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, and Koren Robinson. McCarthy says the spread isn't "the starting point" of his offense, but it'll be incorporated along with West Coast looks. Aaron Rodgers should benefit from a field flooded with weapons.

LL2
05-05-2008, 12:40 PM
ARod needs weapons. He's not at a point in his career where he can make average receivers look like good receivers like Favre did throughout his career.

BallHawk
05-05-2008, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't call K-Rob "starting caliber." Hell, he'll be lucky if he makes the team.

Lurker64
05-05-2008, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't call K-Rob "starting caliber." Hell, he'll be lucky if he makes the team.

But remember, this is a league where Bobby Wade was Minnesota's #1 last year and just look at the receiving corps Chicago has lined up for this coming year. It's not like you need to be Jerry Rice to be "starting caliber" these days.

Tony Oday
05-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Krob will be the number three in production this year...write that down.

Rastak
05-05-2008, 08:03 PM

But remember, this is a league where Bobby Wade was Minnesota's #1 last year and just look at the receiving corps Chicago has lined up for this coming year. It's not like you need to be Jerry Rice to be "starting caliber" these days.

Actually Wade was in the slot last year and did ok but still, point well taken. Minnesota had a HORRIBLE WR corps last year and Chicago is going to be far worse this year then the Vikings were last year.

red
05-05-2008, 08:24 PM
k-rob has started 58 out of 84 games he's played in. wouldn't that count as being a starting caliber wr?

he was a full time starter until he got to minnie where he started 5 out of 14 games for them. and he's only started 1 game for us

the guys a legit player if he can keep his head out of his ass

Rastak
05-05-2008, 08:41 PM
k-rob has started 58 out of 84 games he's played in. wouldn't that count as being a starting caliber wr?

he was a full time starter until he got to minnie where he started 5 out of 14 games for them. and he's only started 1 game for us

How many starts does he have the last 3 years? His big issue used to be his hands. Maybe it was his knee last year, but he didn't show me anything the few times I saw him.

Pacopete4
05-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Ras, I think it was due to the fact we already had 3 WR's that earned their playing time so KRob was fighting to get chances. He made the plays when he got in there, thats all I know. Do I think hes a starter? hmm.. thats iffy, but hes better than most teams #3 and hes probably our 4,5, or 6th.. we just happen to be very deep at that position.

red
05-05-2008, 08:48 PM

How many starts does he have the last 3 years? His big issue used to be his hands. Maybe it was his knee last year, but he didn't show me anything the few times I saw him.

i just gave them to you, they're all right there lol

he had 5 starts for you guys 3 years ago, and one start for us over two years. so you add 5 and 1 and you get 6 starts in the last 3 years. he's played in 27 games in that time

i don't know what the situation was that year for you guys. but for us, he only played 4 games for us last year before the off field issues caught up for him. he started with us late, after camp i think, did he miss preseason too? and left really early. then this year he only started 1 game and only played in 9, again because of the off field crap. missing all of training camp. and face it, he's not going to beat out a legit probowl wr in driver, and he's not going to beat out a young blossoming star in jennings, so he will continue to not start for us. its not a knock on him, driver and jennings are just very good, with jones showing a ton of potential last year

but that doesn't mean he wouldn't start on every team. it just means we're stacked at WR

RashanGary
05-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Isn't Bernard Berrian making more than our entire receiving corp?

Driver
Jennings
Jones
Nelson
Martin

or

Barrian

What would you choose?

red
05-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Isn't Bernard Berrian making more than our entire receiving corp?

Driver
Jennings
Jones
Nelson
Martin

or

Barrian

What would you choose?

i'm sure that'll change as soon as we resign jennings. which should come this year if you ask me. we have the cap room use it. plus jones should be due for more money maybe next year too

but right now i think barrian does make more then all our guys

pittstang5
05-05-2008, 09:02 PM
ARod needs weapons. He's not at a point in his career where he can make average receivers look like good receivers like Favre did throughout his career.

I agree Arod needs weapons. However, I think more importantly he needs a good line to block for him and a good running game to take the pressure off. The weapons won't mean squat if Arod has no time to get them the ball.

RashanGary
05-05-2008, 09:03 PM
The latest they should resign Jennings is next off season. I would like to see a number of guys locked up early between now and next off season. If you think they're core guys then lock them up rather than waiting and paying sometimes double.

red
05-05-2008, 09:09 PM
The latest they should resign Jennings is next off season. I would like to see a number of guys locked up early between now and next off season. If you think they're core guys then lock them up rather than waiting and paying sometimes double.

you can resign jones now knowing he as the potential to be very good, and get him for fairly cheap. or you can wait another year or two until after he's fulfilled his potential and pay out the ass for him. i think jones showed enough as a rookie to prove he's legit

sign jennings now, and you won't have to break the bank. sign him after next season and you'll have to pay him as a pro bowler and one of the very elie at the position

theres no reason that i can see why you would sign those guys now while we're sitting on all that space that we aren't going to use

Deputy Nutz
05-06-2008, 12:00 AM

He has gotten slow, I don't know if that is because of his knee, but he has never shown polish as a receiver.

Robert Ferguson has started close to thirty games, does that make him a legit starter in the NFL?

Gunakor
05-06-2008, 03:06 AM

He has gotten slow, I don't know if that is because of his knee, but he has never shown polish as a receiver.

Robert Ferguson has started close to thirty games, does that make him a legit starter in the NFL?

Yes it does. It does not however mean he's any good. The point was made earlier that you don't have to be a great reciever to be a starter in this league. "Starting caliber" is a far cry from "Pro Bowler".

cpk1994
05-06-2008, 07:20 AM

Robert Ferguson has started close to thirty games, does that make him a legit starter in the NFL?The Vikings think so.

Merlin
05-06-2008, 09:26 AM
I have no loyalty to Robinson but to put someone ahead of him who hasn't even played a down in the NFL is foolish. Every year there is some red headed step child player that the masses go after and crown a rookie better then them. This year is appears to be Koren Robinson.

Face it, we haven't had Robinson on a consistent basis over his two seasons here because of his legal troubles. I said when we got him that he will either shape up or be gone. He has shaped up and deserves a little more respect then some people are giving him. His opportunities on this team were limited based up when he joined our team in 2006 and then when he was reinstated in 2007. He missed key parts of those seasons. I would give the guy another season to prove his salt, a full season. Robinson could be a starting WR on another team, of that I have no doubt.

He played well for us in a limited role with limited practice. All of sudden we draft Nelson and he is automatically better? This is from the same group who crowned Abdul Hodge the better MLB between him and Nick Barnett before the guy ever saw the field.

It's perfectly alright to be excited over your draft picks but to go throwing someone under the bus because of your excitement is foolish.

run pMc
05-06-2008, 10:50 AM
It's perfectly alright to be excited over your draft picks but to go throwing someone under the bus because of your excitement is foolish.

Agree with this point, although Robinson's numbers with the Packers haven't exactly been starting caliber. That, and injury concerns, are what makes him a target to be cut.
His situation could change if he proves himself healthy and gets the opportunities, but I think DD or GJ are better players right now.

run pMc
05-06-2008, 10:54 AM

I'll be very interested to hear about the OL and RB in camp. I'm not convinced Jackson is a lock as the #2, although he imporved late in the season. Depends on whether Morency bounces back from injury and if Wynn gets his head on straight. Anyone think Herron will make the team?

Bossman641
05-06-2008, 10:59 AM

I'll be very interested to hear about the OL and RB in camp. I'm not convinced Jackson is a lock as the #2, although he imporved late in the season. Depends on whether Morency bounces back from injury and if Wynn gets his head on straight. Anyone think Herron will make the team?

If Herron makes this team I will be absolutely sick. The only thing he had going for him before was that he was assignment sure. There are 5 RB's I would want on this team before him.