PDA

View Full Version : I miss him

Deputy Nutz
05-07-2008, 11:22 AM
I have just started reflecting on all the great and inspiring memories of Brett Favre as a Green Bay Packer, and it is tough, I miss him already. It just won't ever be the same. As much as I want to support Aaron Rodger's bid at becoming the next Green Bay Packer Quarterback, I know in my heart of hearts I am still hoping and aching to see that ole' number 4 coming charging out of the tunnel.

Simply, he was the best, and I will miss his purity, he had the ability to make you sit on the edge of your seat for three hours, good or bad.

He has been my starting qb for the last 17 years, sure there were others but not my qb, it will be the first time in my life I will be older than the starting QB of the Green Bay Packers. It won't ever be the same. I miss him already.

Jimx29
05-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Very well put nutz 8-)

red
05-07-2008, 12:27 PM
yeah, for the first time in my life i'm realizing that i'm almost older then ever single player on the team

i feel old :cry:

now i know what most have you have been going through for like 20 years

hoosier
05-07-2008, 12:27 PM
I have just started reflecting on all the great and inspiring memories of Brett Favre as a Green Bay Packer, and it is tough, I miss him already. It just won't ever be the same. As much as I want to support Aaron Rodger's bid at becoming the next Green Bay Packer Quarterback, I know in my heart of hearts I am still hoping and aching to see that ole' number 4 coming charging out of the tunnel.

Simply, he was the best, and I will miss his purity, he had the ability to make you sit on the edge of your seat for three hours, good or bad.

He has been my starting qb for the last 17 years, sure there were others but not my qb, it will be the first time in my life I will be older than the starting QB of the Green Bay Packers. It won't ever be the same. I miss him already.

http://pentaclerecords.net/darien3/oz_scarecrow_1.jpg

Aw, shucks. Don't you mean to say "I think I'm going to miss you most of all"?

Freak Out
05-07-2008, 12:35 PM
It is going to be very strange not seeing him out there.....but we all knew this time would come and he will not be the last great Packer QB most of us will see.

Long live the king! :glug:

retailguy
05-07-2008, 12:35 PM
I thought you were talking about Harlan, or maybe, Murphy.

idpackerfan
05-07-2008, 01:05 PM
I feel your pain... Brett is the only QB I can remember starting for a team. I guess I can barely remember Don, but I was 6 when Favre made his first start.

For me I grew up with farve playing QB... I know nothing else... Everything will feel so wrong week one. Like I am playing my Madden franchise in 2020 or something.

Deputy Nutz
05-07-2008, 01:18 PM
I always quit my franchise when Favre retired.

idpackerfan
05-07-2008, 01:33 PM
I just rename on of the new QBs farve, so I can keep playing in peace.

cheesner
05-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Time to move on.

The Packers are bigger than Favre.

He will be sorely missed, but no time for sadness. Enjoy the memories, but hey, the future looks very bright for our current team.

MadtownPacker
05-07-2008, 02:12 PM
One season hasn't even passed and people should get over it??

That bright future you mentioned looked that way with Favre. None of us know if the sparkle will last with ARod at the helm. Ask Denver and Miami fans about it.

packrulz
05-07-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm going to miss him too, but playing the devil's advocate here, Brett threw costly inteceptions in I think 5 playoff games since winning the Super Bowl in '96, Broncos, Rams, Eagles, Falcons, & the Giants. True, Brett got the Packers there in the first place but lets be real, he did have interception problems, he holds the all time record for that. I'm still a little pissed, (I guess), that he was throwing into the end zone in OT to a covered Driver when all they needed was 10-15 yards to kick a field goal and make it to the Super Bowl. Oh well, I'm kind of excited to watch the other QB's too, they might end up with a Rivers/Brees type situation.

Scott Campbell
05-07-2008, 02:53 PM
I miss Max McGee, because he actually died.

KYPack
05-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Well said, Dr Nutz.

As far as "getting over" Brett's retirement, you never really get over the loss of such a great Packer.

I still haven't gotten over the death of Ray, Max, Vince or any of the all timers. Ray's retirement was a very sad deal. You never saw a guy who wanted to keep playing more than Ray Nitschke. Not being a Packer was the last thing in the world he wanted to do.

Brett was a player AND an era. Yeah, he had his share of screw-ups, but that was part of the reason we loved the guy. He will be missed and the Pack will go on, we know.

There will be a player that returns the Pack to greatness, but the Packer legends are both missed forever and remembered just as long.

Tarlam!
05-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Am I allowed to miss Veronika?

texaspackerbacker
05-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Time to move on.

The Packers are bigger than Favre.

He will be sorely missed, but no time for sadness. Enjoy the memories, but hey, the future looks very bright for our current team.

Going down the whole group of posts, this one says what I say.

ND72
05-07-2008, 07:26 PM
I always quit my franchise when Favre retired.

:lol: I always traded Favre right away for a 1st round pick....

Bretsky
05-07-2008, 07:40 PM
We'll miss him more, and appreciate him more, the first time AROD goes down and misses time

b bulldog
05-07-2008, 07:43 PM
That will be when I truely miss Brett, great point B.

motife
05-07-2008, 08:14 PM
I thought this might be about Mike Sherman.

b bulldog
05-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Right now, I really miss football!

Bretsky
05-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Me too

The Brewers Suck
The Bucks Blow
I wait for the Pack wondering how their season will be with the newbie

Deputy Nutz
05-07-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm going to miss him too, but playing the devil's advocate here, Brett threw costly inteceptions in I think 5 playoff games since winning the Super Bowl in '96, Broncos, Rams, Eagles, Falcons, & the Giants. True, Brett got the Packers there in the first place but lets be real, he did have interception problems, he holds the all time record for that. I'm still a little pissed, (I guess), that he was throwing into the end zone in OT to a covered Driver when all they needed was 10-15 yards to kick a field goal and make it to the Super Bowl. Oh well, I'm kind of excited to watch the other QB's too, they might end up with a Rivers/Brees type situation.

Favre goes beyond his stats, I guess some of us will never understand that, its not so much that I will miss the talent of Brett Favre, I will miss the passion, the candor, seeing someone play the football for one reason, for the love of game. He gave his soul to the game of football. Part of the game died for me when he retired.

I don't have many heroes, He was one of them for me. I tried to emulate him every time I personally stepped on the field. I gave it my all, I would physically, mentally, emotionally leave it all on the field for the glory of the game of football. I understood the meaning of the game of football watching Brett Favre play.

That is why I miss Brett Favre, not for the records, or the wins, not the fame, but because of the passion. Our Favre brothers and sisters, our Favre.

GrnBay007
05-07-2008, 10:12 PM
I will miss the passion, the candor, seeing someone play the football for one reason, for the love of game. He gave his soul to the game of football.

I really doubt we will ever see another player like Brett. We should be thankful we were Packer fans and got to witness such a player on the team we love for all those years. For me, it's going to be hard to watch the first few games this next season. :(

bobblehead
05-08-2008, 12:10 AM
We'll miss him more, and appreciate him more, the first time AROD goes down and misses time

I was a "favre basher" on the Js site (meaning I pointed out his bonehead plays as well as his brilliant plays) but I can tell you exactly when I will miss brett most.

1st and ten we rush for 7. 2nd and 3 ARod steps back, holds the ball too long (as young QB's do) and gets sacked. I'll be bitching then about favre being gone even though at the end of the season and even now I think the time had come for brett.

I don't think it was in Brett's genetic profile to win a superbowl with slightly diminished skillz, he would always try and force something and throw a costly pick. I'll miss him no doubt, but his time had come.

GrnBay007
05-08-2008, 07:22 AM
I was a "favre basher" on the Js site (meaning I pointed out his bonehead plays as well as his brilliant plays) but I can tell you exactly when I will miss brett most.

There are Favre Bashers out there? :shock:

:wink:

Welcome to PR bobblehead

Packnut
05-08-2008, 08:38 AM

There are Favre Bashers out there? :shock:

:wink:

Welcome to PR bobblehead

Yeah, they are the same one's who think QB's win and lose games all by themselves. The TEAM concept has no meaning to them.

It's much easier to blame the QB cause it takes no thought. Why try to determine if the WR ran a bad or wrong route? Why try to determine if there was a 300lb monster running right at you cause your offensive lineman got beat? Why consider that the guys on defense are getting paid also and sometimes they just make a play?

With the season Favre had last year, all these idiots had to eat their words about him and people don't like to be made fools out of, so the bashing and insults continue.

Favre was one of a kind, a true legend. Very few athletes today can be considered role models. Favre is and was. He was human, made mistakes and came back from them. He played with passion, with style and with grace. The over-whelming majority of Packer fans understand, but then again, there are ass-holes in every group................

Zool
05-08-2008, 08:54 AM
He's in the news so damned often, its hard to miss him.

Packerarcher
05-08-2008, 08:59 AM

Very well put. I want to add to those Favre naysayers see how you like it when you have a QB that isn't out there week after week. You all like to bring up bad decisions and interceptions,but durability is just as important if not more so.

Chester Marcol
05-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Favre goes beyond his stats, I guess some of us will never understand that, its not so much that I will miss the talent of Brett Favre, I will miss the passion, the candor, seeing someone play the football for one reason, for the love of game. He gave his soul to the game of football. Part of the game died for me when he retired.

I don't have many heroes, He was one of them for me. I tried to emulate him every time I personally stepped on the field. I gave it my all, I would physically, mentally, emotionally leave it all on the field for the glory of the game of football. I understood the meaning of the game of football watching Brett Favre play.

That is why I miss Brett Favre, not for the records, or the wins, not the fame, but because of the passion. Our Favre brothers and sisters, our Favre.

I think this sentiment is better than your original. The NFL really lost a big piece of it's personality. Now who's going to tell the ref's to take 2 weeks off and then quit. I really hope NFL films releases a massive compilation of thier coverage of Favre. Not his highlights, but of all his comments and interactions. He had that quality that made you gravitate toward him just to see/hear what he would do/say next on and off the field.

Let's keep the debate about the player out of this. The things that no one can deny, as Nutz stated, Favre poured his soul into the game. We never got anything less than 110% even the numerous times Favre was physically less than 100%. You could tell, no matter how bad anyone wanted the Pack to win, Favre wanted it more.

As far as what a single person meant to a sport, you would get no argument from me classifying Favre as the greatest.

Tarlam!
05-08-2008, 02:28 PM
You could tell, no matter how bad anyone wanted the Pack to win, Favre wanted it more.

Well, maybe I'll get lynched. But I could not tell that against the Giants. Sorry, Favre should have been benched. He looked old, cold and disinterested.

Now, the week before, he looked better than anytime in his entire career! A brilliant player.

But that Giants game. Sorry.

Chester Marcol
05-08-2008, 02:56 PM
You could tell, no matter how bad anyone wanted the Pack to win, Favre wanted it more.

Well, maybe I'll get lynched. But I could not tell that against the Giants. Sorry, Favre should have been benched. He looked old, cold and disinterested.

Now, the week before, he looked better than anytime in his entire career! A brilliant player.

I also made that same argument as well as arguing I thought number 10 all time was about right for him when someone posted that list, however I also said in the post you quoted from
Let's keep the debate about the player out of this.
From my past arguments it's clear I don't think he was the greatest QB, but Favre the person meant more to the game of football than quite a few who have won more SB's. Tom Brady retires tomorrow, does football really miss him? The Raiders game after Favre's dad passed away is just one example of how much he was respected outside of Packer nation.

The Shadow
05-08-2008, 05:36 PM

There's absolutely nothing wrong with simply being objective. It's refreshing.

packinpatland
05-08-2008, 06:46 PM

........this after you spent the big bucks on the 'official' Brett Favre jersey. :wink:

Scott Campbell
05-08-2008, 07:30 PM
I prefer to remember him for his play a week earlier.

Bretsky
05-08-2008, 08:27 PM

Thinks about what you are saying; he had a great game in Seattle. He was off his game, especially in the second half

But you don't bench your starting QB. You don't bench a HOF QB who has had one of his best seasons thus far. He can turn it off and on and was certainly capable of a great play at any time........or a bad one.

Sure it's easy to say in retrospect.....but think about it. If AROD comes in and makes one bad play....makes any bad play.......well........poor MM and AROD.....fan mutiny......all kinds of terrible things could occur.

And you don't pull an experienced and successful QB for somebody who has never started a NFL game....never played in a playoff game. No way

KYPack
05-08-2008, 09:28 PM
OK.

You pull Favre.

Put Rodgers in and we still lose.

Favre, citing a lack of confidence from his coach, retires anyhow.

How many of the Rat posters would be screaming for MM's head on a pike?

Mac knew he had to dance with the one he brung. There was NO other alternative.

Brett didn't lose that game, he just didn't win it.

Bretsky
05-08-2008, 09:37 PM
OK.

You pull Favre.

Put Rodgers in and we still lose.

Favre, citing a lack of confidence from his coach, retires anyhow.

How many of the Rat posters would be screaming for MM's head on a pike?

Mac knew he had to dance with the one he brung. There was NO other alternative.

Brett didn't lose that game, he just didn't win it.

Exactly

Lots of simple things could have changed that outcome

On offense the plays I have flashbacks on are

Ruvell Martin's Third Down Drop at the Giants ten yard line
Brandon Jackson's screen pass where one LB overpowered two OG's for the stop
The terrible interception

On special Teams I have nightmares on Jarred Bush not falling on the fumble

On defense I have flashbacks about Eli Manning just putting the ball up there for a single covered Burress on nearly every key play in the first half and how I was screaming for GB to change things up. Finally started too modify the defense in the middle of the third quarter.

Bottom line was the team that played best won

Packerarcher
05-08-2008, 09:49 PM
If you want a scapegoat for the Giants loss why not take it out on the key player that stunk up the joint. Al Harris is the one who should be catching hell for the Gints loss,not Favre.

Cleft Crusty
05-08-2008, 09:51 PM
As an objective reporter for the Urinal Scented, I feel absolutely no emotions whatsoever about the absence of Brett Favre. However, I find it juicy material to anticipate all the whining from Packer Fans that will ensue as the Packers struggle with QBs that have virtually no experience - especially the whining from fans who wanted to see Pederson start after Favre would have a bad game here or there. It almost makes me want to come out of semi-retirement. Still, Packer fans who miss Favre might want to remind themselves that Favre threw a total of three season-ending INTs in late playoff games (Divisional and after) - two in NFC Championship games (in 1995 and 2007), and one in a Divisional Game (2003). Perhaps memories of those three spectacular plays will reduce the sentimentality for Favre, particularly the last throw of his career, which should still be fresh in the minds of Packer fans.

MJZiggy
05-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Where the HELL have you been? I sent you a pm like 3 months ago. God only knows if it makes any sense anymore.

Bretsky
05-08-2008, 10:06 PM
As an objective reporter for the Urinal Scented, I feel absolutely no emotions whatsoever about the absence of Brett Favre. However, I find it juicy material to anticipate all the whining from Packer Fans that will ensue as the Packers struggle with QBs that have virtually no experience - especially the whining from fans who wanted to see Pederson start after Favre would have a bad game here or there. It almost makes me want to come out of semi-retirement. Still, Packer fans who miss Favre might want to remind themselves that Favre threw a total of three season-ending INTs in late playoff games (Divisional and after) - two in NFC Championship games (in 1995 and 2007), and one in a Divisional Game (2003). Perhaps memories of those three spectacular plays will reduce the sentimentality for Favre, particularly the last throw of his career, which should still be fresh in the minds of Packer fans.

I'd hang around to argue with you but Cathouse is on next so I'll just remind you of a few things

Before that INT against Phily Favre played a very good game. And he was the QB that got us to the playoffs all those years. That reminder doesn't mean a whole lot to those who dissect the entire season and game.

KYPack
05-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Cleft Crusty is a Starter Rat?

How is that possible?

Lemme guess.

You think we'd have gone to the SB if Tom Braatz was the GM and Lynn Dickey was the QB, right?

CaliforniaCheez
05-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Be nice he is just injecting some realism.

Brett will always be loved by Packer fans but other fans see his history in a different light.

I hope that whining spoken of does not happen.

Tarlam!
05-08-2008, 10:58 PM
If you want a scapegoat for the Giants loss why not take it out on the key player that stunk up the joint. Al Harris is the one who should be catching hell for the Gints loss,not Favre.

I fully agree, and i admit, I forgot about how bad Al' played.

None the less, I stand by my point. The same guy that brought us back from a 14 point deficit 1 week earlier played terribly againbst the Giants. Maybe MM should have sat him for a series, just to clear his head or something.

Look everyone, as PIP pointed out, I bought the guys jersey. The real one for some 220 USD, so I am a #4 fan.

I'm not blind is all.

Bretsky
05-08-2008, 11:05 PM

I fully agree, and i admit, I forgot about how bad Al' played.

None the less, I stand by my point. The same guy that brought us back from a 14 point deficit 1 week earlier played terribly againbst the Giants. Maybe MM should have sat him for a series, just to clear his head or something.

Look everyone, as PIP pointed out, I bought the guys jersey. The real one for some 220 USD, so I am a #4 fan.

I'm not blind is all.

I was at the game; I think BF played poorly from the middle of the third quarter on. He was horrid in quarter four. I kept thinking he'll break out this series. But everything was off balance. Being there, though, also allowed me to see how the Giants had more players covering our receivers than we had receivers most of the time because we were in max protect mode. We were playing not to lose; that was a bit disappointing.

That being said, there were still some other key plays I mentioned before that could have led to our win. We just didn't make it happen.

Tarlam!
05-08-2008, 11:09 PM
I am not saying Brett is soley responsible for the loss. I am saying, he didn't play well.

As KY put it, he didn't lose it, but, he didn't win it either. The week before, he was the catalyst to get the team going. Shit, 6 consecutive scores on possessions. Is that a record?

I missed that. That's all I am saying.

HarveyWallbangers
05-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Obviously, you aren't going to bench a guy who played at or near MVP level all year--because he had a handful of bad series in a close playoff game. Especially for a guy who had played one meaningful game in his entire NFL career. Really, take away the last throw and he didn't play any worse than Manning. It was tough conditions. Manning made plays at the end. Brett didn't. End of story.

GrnBay007
05-08-2008, 11:15 PM
I am not saying Brett is soley responsible for the loss. I am saying, he didn't play well.

As KY put it, he didn't lose it, but, he didn't win it either.

We've been spoiled with the great play of a great QB all these years.

Tarlam!
05-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Obviously, you aren't going to bench a guy who played at or near MVP level all year--because he had a handful of bad series in a close playoff game.

No, instead you watch helplessly as the game goes down the toilette!

Look, I am not an expert at football. But it was clear to me, the QB wasn't functioning. As a manager, I knew, it was time to try something else. Would it have worked? I doubt it, but, I would have tried.

HarveyWallbangers
05-09-2008, 12:30 AM

No, you expect your MVP caliber QB to make plays to win the game. Just like he did against Philadelphia early in the year when things were tough to come by. Or like he did against the Giants earlier in the year. Or like he did against San Diego with the game winner to Jennings. Or like he did against Minnesota twice--once at their place in a relatively close game. Or like he did against Denver with the game winner to Jennings in OT. Or like he did against Kansas City in a tight ballgame with the game winner to Jennings. Or like he did against Seattle in the playoffs the week before after you fell behind 14-0. Or like he did at Detroit after the Lions had tightened the game.

Look. Favre has a history to fall back on. A history that says that even when he's having a poor afternoon, he can shake it off and make plays to win the game. You aren't going to bring ARod in after having played one meaningful game in his career--especially in a ballgame you led most of the way and with windy and bitterly cold conditions.

Tarlam!
05-09-2008, 05:29 AM
Harvey, he was playing really well in all of those games you mention, except Philly, where he played shit and the STs won it, not Favre.

In the Championship game, he played shit, too. And he didn't get better. He didn't even look like he wanted to be there. The week before, he saved us with his play and passion and all that stuff. IMHO, Green Bay wouldn't have even been in the game without the #4 from a week earlier, so it's pretty mute.

I am just saying, I woulda sent in A-Rod for a series to let Brett know I expect more.

But I also agree something should have been done to help Harris.

packrulz
05-09-2008, 05:32 AM
I agree with Tarlam, Brett did not look like he wanted to be out there against the Giants, maybe that's why he retired, he said himself he wasn't sure he could give 100% anymore. I thought MM should've ran the ball more and call some play action slants or curls to get in field goal range in that game, so I don't blame it all on Brett. I do get tired of making the playoffs though only to have it end on a head scratching interception, I want them to win the Super Bowl, not just get there. He had a HOF career and will be missed, but I prefer to look forward to more Packer wins with ARod or Brohm.

cpk1994
05-09-2008, 07:52 AM
If you want a scapegoat for the Giants loss why not take it out on the key player that stunk up the joint. Al Harris is the one who should be catching hell for the Gints loss,not Favre.Harris should be cut some slack; A number of the catches made on him were ridiculous tiptoe catches on the sideline that no CB could cover.

Tarlam!
05-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Harris should be cut some slack; A number of the catches made on him were ridiculous tiptoe catches on the sideline that no CB could cover.

Harris was soundly beaten that day. And that's cutting him a lot of slack.

The coaches should have reacted. Plaxico was carving us up and we still left it up to Harris alone. That's not Al's fault. That is squarely on Sanders and, to a degree, M3.

Deputy Nutz
05-09-2008, 08:57 AM

Thinks about what you are saying; he had a great game in Seattle. He was off his game, especially in the second half

But you don't bench your starting QB. You don't bench a HOF QB who has had one of his best seasons thus far. He can turn it off and on and was certainly capable of a great play at any time........or a bad one.

Sure it's easy to say in retrospect.....but think about it. If AROD comes in and makes one bad play....makes any bad play.......well........poor MM and AROD.....fan mutiny......all kinds of terrible things could occur.

And you don't pull an experienced and successful QB for somebody who has never started a NFL game....never played in a playoff game. No way

He drinks a lot folks, sometimes you get these kind of responses, besides he follows soccer.

Tarlam!
05-09-2008, 09:02 AM
He drinks a lot folks, sometimes you get these kind of responses, besides he follows soccer.

That is the most slanderous thing you've ever said to anybody on here, Nutz.

I DO NOT follow soccer!

Deputy Nutz
05-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Obviously, you aren't going to bench a guy who played at or near MVP level all year--because he had a handful of bad series in a close playoff game.

Look, I am not an expert at football. But it was clear to me, the QB wasn't functioning. As a manager, I knew, it was time to try something else. Would it have worked? I doubt it, but, I would have tried.

The whole god damn team wasn't functioning outside of Driver, Favre had to deal with defensive linemen in his face all evening, the running game was absolutely terrible, wide receivers dropped sure first downs and touchdowns, the defense couldn't get one goddamn stop. The only thing that saved this team any grace in the second half was the fact that the giants' kicker couldn't make a field goal.

Favre didn't play well, he looked cold, so did everyone else. This wasn't supposed to be thread about his mistakes, or his great play, but go ahead and turn it, but the fact is your still wrong to go and blast Favre for that loss.

Tarlam!
05-09-2008, 09:07 AM
This wasn't supposed to be thread about his mistakes, or his great play, but go ahead and turn it, but the fact is your still wrong to go and blast Favre for that loss.

The thread turned the way it did, because I reacted to a comment made about Favre. Do I need to apologize for that? Look, I miss him, too. But he wasn't God. He didn't only do great things. I merely pointed out that he didn't play well against the Giants - a game, where he maybe shoulda played well.

BTW, I never even insinuated I blame him for the loss. It's a team game. The team lost. Even a dumb Aussie knows the difference.

Deputy Nutz
05-09-2008, 10:25 AM
This wasn't supposed to be thread about his mistakes, or his great play, but go ahead and turn it, but the fact is your still wrong to go and blast Favre for that loss.

The thread turned the way it did, because I reacted to a comment made about Favre. Do I need to apologize for that? Look, I miss him, too. But he wasn't God. He didn't only do great things. I merely pointed out that he didn't play well against the Giants - a game, where he maybe shoulda played well.

BTW, I never even insinuated I blame him for the loss. It's a team game. The team lost. Even a dumb Aussie knows the difference.

You insinuated it when you claimed he should have been benched.

Question for you Tar, did you become a Packer fan when Don Majikowski or Anthony Dilweg, or Blair Kiel was the starting QB? Did you ever have the pleasure of watching that? I tell ya, I did and it was horrible, absolutely horrible. Compared to watching those bums Favre was a god every Sunday. Honestly, you had Starr, and then Favre everything in between was at best average at times, but mostly garbage. Favre is in the top 1% of all NFl players to play the game.

Sorry about the soccer comment, that was out of line.

HarveyWallbangers
05-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Harvey, he was playing really well in all of those games you mention, except Philly, where he played shit and the STs won it, not Favre.

Not really. Favre made two incredible plays in the end to tie the game up. You remember the flip pass to Wynn when Favre was getting sacked by two guys, right?

Tarlam!
05-09-2008, 11:39 AM
You insinuated it when you claimed he should have been benched.

Sorry, I didn't mean to. I fully agree with you that he was the greatest thing to happen to Green Bay since Vince's time. No question. He will be missed.

woodbuck27
05-09-2008, 04:18 PM

Ohhh Man really. Me BIG TIME too Nutz.

I've never loved a Pro athlete as much as Favre. He was something else and I followed the careers of Hank Aaron, Frank Mahovlich and Guy Lafleur.

FAVRE!!!

MJZiggy
05-09-2008, 07:47 PM
How can anyone miss him yet? We've only had rookie camps. He hasn't even missed a single snap of OTAs yet... :?:

GrnBay007
05-10-2008, 08:41 AM
All you have to do this think about any 2008 game. No watching Brett warm up, no watching Brett run through the tunnel, no watching Brett run around celebrating, no watching Brett hoist DD over his shoulder.

Think about his consecutive start record, think of his spectacular play. Think about him showing up for post game interview with shorts and a t-shirt on. All these things already make me miss Brett.

MJZiggy
05-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Who thinks that far ahead? I'm just trying to make it until Tuesday...And if I get that far, I might go all out and shoot for Wednesday.