PDA

View Full Version : Fullback develops into fine Opera Singer.

oregonpackfan
05-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Keith Miller was a fullback for the U. of Colorado. His collegiate playing highlight took place in '94 when his 7th ranked Colorado team beat the 4th ranked Michigan at Ann Arbor.

While enrolled at Colorado, he developed an interest in the Opera after attending a performance at The Phantom of The Opera with his girlfriend. He began taking voice lessons.

After college, he spent several years trying to make it in the NFL. He even played a season of Arena Football. All the time, he continued with his singing.

One day, he received calls from both the Broncos and the Opera. He chose Opera. He worked over the years to develop his singing.

He now sings for the Metropolitan Opera of New York City--which is comparable to the "NFL" of Opera. With the Met, he has had 12 roles and over 100 performances. Read his story of scrappy determination below:

http://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1210474512111150.xml&coll=7&thispage=1

Jimx29
05-11-2008, 01:18 PM
He's no Esera Tuaolo

Harlan Huckleby
05-11-2008, 05:17 PM
When I was a heavyweight wrestler in college, I once wrestled against an opera singer. He weighed well over 400 pounds, I was about 230. He was GIANT, about 6 inches taller than me. Somebody took a picture, I looked like a skinny kid goofing around with his dad. I was scared to death, it was like wrestling a tree trunk. He pinned me, but was gentle about it, didn't put all his weight on me. Afterward he seemed almost apologetic .

I wonder if there are some articles about him somewhere, I know he was well known. Probably good and dead by now, though.