PDA

View Full Version : The Gravedigger

Partial
04-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Gilbert evidentally wants a shot again at camp. He is evidentally in shape. I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a shot and if he makes it he makes it. Him and Pickett in the middle would certainly make it tough to run against the pack.

MJZiggy
04-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Wouldn't that make him candidate for comeback player of the year!!

beakerman
04-03-2006, 03:27 PM
He has looked great, in his press conferences, for his work with the Milwaukee Mile, but i think his playing days are done.

HarveyWallbangers
04-03-2006, 03:28 PM
I just don't see anybody I'd want to get rid of at the expense of Gilbert. He's got to be in his mid 30s and he had become injury prone.

If you want Grady, which of these guys would you want to get rid of?

Ryan Pickett, Colin Cole, Corey Williams, Cullen Jenkins, Donnell Washington

I guess Washington if he fails, but if he fails you have Peterson also and you still have 5 decent DTs.

jack's smirking revenge
04-03-2006, 03:30 PM
I say give him a shot. We couldn't do any worse as a camp body. And, if for some reason he actually makes it and is in shape, then kings to us!

tyler

packinpatland
04-03-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm sure we could get him for peanuts.

AtownPackFan
04-03-2006, 03:32 PM
I just don't see anybody I'd want to get rid of at the expense of Gilbert. He's got to be in his mid 30s and he had become injury prone.

If you want Grady, which of these guys would you want to get rid of?

Ryan Pickett, Colin Cole, Corey Williams, Cullen Jenkins, Donnell Washington

I guess Washington if he fails, but if he fails you have Peterson also and you still have 5 decent DTs.

That is the entire point of giving him his shot at making the team. You don't garantee him a spot, you simply let him come in a fight for one.

Because his upside is is possibly even a downside for the Packers, he would have to be head and shoulders above the second guy in order to take the spot of the last guy, IMHO.

It definitely would not be a level playing field for him, but it would at least be a playing field and then we see what happens.

Hey! Maybe he can play Offensive Guard!

No Mo Moss
04-03-2006, 03:38 PM
I'd rather sign Sam Adams for peanuts, atleast he has been playing.

Tony Oday
04-03-2006, 03:41 PM
sam is gone.

Would love Gilbert here. Less miles on the tires and has had a lot of time to get healthy and in shape. HAve Pickett and Brown eating up blockers and HAwk and Barnett running free to make plays.

Deputy Nutz
04-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Just let it go, just let it go.

Partial
04-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Hawk, Barnett and Carpenter/Jackson/Ryans**

i want to shake TT and make sure he gets an lb in the second 22 if one of the above 3 are available!!!

HarveyWallbangers
04-03-2006, 03:56 PM
I think Carpenter will be gone by the 2nd round. I'm not that high on Ryans.

I'd rather we look at something else in round 2 if we get Hawk. Somebody like Antonio Cromartie if he falls and we don't get Woodson. Maybe a good DE or an OG like Davin Joseph.

Deputy Nutz
04-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Carpenter might not be there, and if the Packers already took Hawk, they can hold off on a round 2 linebacker.

They need to bolster there defensive end position but I just don't think any player warrants the #35th pick unless Hali drops,

Maybe the Packers keep trying to upgrade their young secondary with more youth. There are a couple good safeties, and raw corners out there.

I think it isn't a reach going with David Joseph in round two or Nick Mangold at center, but that might be wishful thinking on Mangold.

Partial
04-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Dqwell Jackson still sounds like a stud. I'd take him in a heartbeat at 35

billy_oliver880
04-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Hasn't Gilbert said that he was ready the last few years? I really doubt anyone is going to change their minds now.

Partial
04-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Probably, but he is finally "healthy" and evidentally in pretty good shape.

KYPack
04-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Carpenter might not be there, and if the Packers already took Hawk, they can hold off on a round 2 linebacker.

They need to bolster there defensive end position but I just don't think any player warrants the #35th pick unless Hali drops,

Maybe the Packers keep trying to upgrade their young secondary with more youth. There are a couple good safeties, and raw corners out there.

I think it isn't a reach going with David Joseph in round two or Nick Mangold at center, but that might be wishful thinking on Mangold.

Mangold might make it to 35, if the Steelers draft a safety instead of a C.

Guiness
04-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Well, this IS early for the first 'Bring back Gilbert' post.

When Grady was injured for that 7 game stretch a couple of years ago, he gave an interview, and said something like 'I'm waiting for Sherman to fall out of bed and hit his head, and call me up'