PDA

View Full Version : Chad Henne not getting rave reviews

motife
05-12-2008, 05:17 PM
It’s becoming clear that the Dolphins’ Week One starter will either be Josh McCown or John Beck, not second-round draft pick Chad Henne. Henne had a miserable conclusion to minicamp, showing lapses in judgment and throwing errant passes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8bzZEtOcb8

red
05-12-2008, 05:31 PM
HAHA nice song

michigan fans weren't to high on him either

Tyrone Bigguns
05-12-2008, 06:50 PM
ONly an idiot expected Henne to start at QB. Only an idiot would want him to start.

Rookie Qb's are best served by sitting on the bench and learning, especially on putrid teams.

the_idle_threat
05-12-2008, 07:10 PM
With regard to the song, profanity is a poor substitute for wit.

Zool
05-12-2008, 07:48 PM

Fuckin right Idle.

woodbuck27
05-12-2008, 07:50 PM
HAHA nice song

michigan fans weren't to high on him either

What a nightmare game that was.

Sore and broken. :D

the_idle_threat
05-12-2008, 09:18 PM

Fuckin right Idle.

Damn straight.

The Leaper
05-13-2008, 07:17 AM
It’s becoming clear that the Dolphins’ Week One starter will either be Josh McCown or John Beck, not second-round draft pick Chad Henne. Henne had a miserable conclusion to minicamp, showing lapses in judgment and throwing errant passes.

Yikes.

I was figuring this might happen. Henne looked pissed when he was selected by Miami. I'm guessing his time in Miami won't be pleasant.

SkinBasket
05-13-2008, 09:51 AM
It's hard to have a good camp when you suck balls. Not literally, of course - that I know of that is.

Not that there's anything wrong with sucking balls, mind you.

KYPack
05-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Henne has a long way to go to be an NFL QB. He's got to re-learn the position. His trajectory is too low on his passes and he needs to correct that before he can even begin.

He isn't what you'd call nimble, either. From what I've seen of him, he probably will never be a big time NFL QB.

sharpe1027
05-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Henne has a long way to go to be an NFL QB. He's got to re-learn the position. His trajectory is too low on his passes and he needs to correct that before he can even begin.

He isn't what you'd call nimble, either. From what I've seen of him, he probably will never be a big time NFL QB.

He had a long way to go to be a college QB...just ask the Michigan fans.

LL2
05-13-2008, 11:00 AM
He certainly wasn't one of Michigan's better QB's, but some of Michigan's QB's were certainly better in college than in the pro's - except for Brady of course.

BallHawk
05-13-2008, 11:07 AM
It's hard to have a good camp when you suck balls. Not literally, of course - that I know of that is.

Esra Tuaolo would agree with that.

cpk1994
05-13-2008, 01:00 PM

He had a long way to go to be a college QB...just ask the Michigan fans.Exactly. Henne has gotten where he is today because of one person: Braylon Edwards. Henne has been living off of the one season he had Braylon bailing out his ass out ever since.

Tarlam!
05-13-2008, 05:15 PM
So, are you guys suggesting TT picked the right QB? :shock:

Scott Campbell
05-13-2008, 05:21 PM

I prefer them used together.

Scott Campbell
05-13-2008, 05:22 PM

Pacopete4
05-13-2008, 09:02 PM
this is one of the worst threads ive seen on here...

the guy is a rookie and he wasnt even a first rounder.... give the duder a break

Zool
05-13-2008, 10:38 PM
this is one of the worst threads ive seen on here...

the guy is a rookie and he wasnt even a first rounder.... give the duder a break

Exactly Paco. A rookie at rookie camp isnt likely to light it up.

If this is the worst thread you've seen, you aint seen nothin yet.

Bretsky
05-13-2008, 11:11 PM

Completely agree; it's one minicamp. Proves nothing

Remember after AROD's rookie preseason, most of us thought he was junk

Lots of time to figure out who was right and who was wrong about the QB's

HarveyWallbangers
05-13-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm one of the few that thinks Henne will be decent in the pros. It's way too early for this.

Brandon494
05-13-2008, 11:28 PM
I wonder what the Falcons thought about Favre his first mini camp.

GrnBay007
05-13-2008, 11:55 PM
I wonder what the Falcons thought about Favre his first mini camp.

C'mon now....you're being too logical. :wink: :D

SnakeLH2006
05-14-2008, 03:53 AM
Nah..Henne is just this, a comine QB, got the height, arm, etc. But didn't do shit in college and damn the Wolverines have had some good QB's. This is why the Turtle has his game right, goes by production, not measurables...plus I got a buddy in the know who graduated this year from Michigan and told me Henne's a punk, partying and prototypical jock jerk. This guy will be outta the NFL in 4 years. Just a ego-jerk ready to go. You see him on the Draft on ESPN? He looked liked all that. Glad we didn't draft that punk. Brohm is Packer people. I'd drink a beer with him.

Iron Mike
05-14-2008, 07:44 AM
I'm one of the few that thinks Henne will be decent in the pros. It's way too early for this.

:laugh: You and Tank.

http://community.sportsbubbler.com/forums/t/42497.aspx

Zool
05-14-2008, 07:58 AM
He actually says that he's not APB now? And thinks he's well liked? He's been hittin it pretty hard lately I guess.

sharpe1027
05-14-2008, 09:32 AM

Stranger things have happened. That being said, Henne was a freshman"phenom" who pretty much topped out after his first year. He didn't improve his game while he was still in college. I don't think that bodes well for his chances in the NFL.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-14-2008, 06:46 PM
He has the stamp of approval from parcells. That says a ton to tyrone.

cpk1994
05-15-2008, 07:28 AM
He has the stamp of approval from parcells. That says a ton to tyrone.What, you think Parcells is gonnig to say otherwise? Parcells would have to be an absolute buffon to say Henne sucks days after drafting. Henne is a pile of garbage now and always will be.

Brandon494
05-15-2008, 04:01 PM
He has the stamp of approval from parcells. That says a ton to tyrone.What, you think Parcells is gonnig to say otherwise? Parcells would have to be an absolute buffon to say Henne sucks days after drafting. Henne is a pile of garbage now and always will be.

Since your so good at scouting NFL players. :roll:

LL2
05-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Didn't ND72 think Henne was going to be a great QB?

Partial
05-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Partial thought he would be.

b bulldog
05-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Chad Henne, great arm but lacks athleticism, a quick delivery and seems to be a jerk!

Tarlam!
05-15-2008, 11:52 PM
He has the stamp of approval from parcells. That says a ton to tyrone.

He doesn't seem to have TT's. That says a tonne to Tarlam!

cpk1994
05-16-2008, 01:14 AM

Since your so good at scouting NFL players. :roll:You need to have read my previous posts to that before sticking your foot in your mouth. Being a Badger fan, and Henne being at Michigan, I watched him for four years. He had one good year, which was his first, He tailed off miserably after that. Why is that? He had Braylon Edwards bailing him out that one year. And again, Parcells would have to be the dumbest GM in the world to say a draft pick sucks less then a month afterff drafting him. He would be indicting his own drafting skills in one swift stroke. Get it? Probably not! :roll:

HarveyWallbangers
05-16-2008, 02:11 AM
Being a Badger fan, and Henne being at Michigan, I watched him for four years. He had one good year, which was his first, He tailed off miserably after that. Why is that? He had Braylon Edwards bailing him out that one year.

This might have some validity if his stats weren't virtual the same all four years:

2004 - 60.2 comp. %, 2743 yds, 6.88 yds/pass, 25 TDs, 12 ints, 132.56 passer rating
2005 - 58.4 comp. %, 2526 yds, 6.61 yds/pass, 23 TDs, 8 ints, 129.61 passer rating
2006 - 61.9 comp. %, 2508 yds, 7.65 yds/pass, 22 TDs, 8 ints, 143.37 passer rating
2007 - 58.3 comp. %, 1938 yds, 6.97 yds/pass, 17 TDs, 9 ints, 130.54 passer rating

He missed 3 games in 2007 due to injury.

Tarlam!
05-16-2008, 05:42 AM
cpk1994 just got Patlered by Harvey! i love it!!

TT stil didn't pick him over brohm. Wonder why?

sharpe1027
05-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Being a Badger fan, and Henne being at Michigan, I watched him for four years. He had one good year, which was his first, He tailed off miserably after that. Why is that? He had Braylon Edwards bailing him out that one year.

This might have some validity if his stats weren't virtual the same all four years:

2004 - 60.2 comp. %, 2743 yds, 6.88 yds/pass, 25 TDs, 12 ints, 132.56 passer rating
2005 - 58.4 comp. %, 2526 yds, 6.61 yds/pass, 23 TDs, 8 ints, 129.61 passer rating
2006 - 61.9 comp. %, 2508 yds, 7.65 yds/pass, 22 TDs, 8 ints, 143.37 passer rating
2007 - 58.3 comp. %, 1938 yds, 6.97 yds/pass, 17 TDs, 9 ints, 130.54 passer rating

He missed 3 games in 2007 due to injury.

He topped out his freshman year. I never felt that he was dominating the games I saw of him.

He also seemed to have the maturity of a fourteen year old. As for the people who compare his maturity to Favre, I see more Ryan Leaf than I do Favre.

Just my uniformed opinion.

HarveyWallbangers
05-16-2008, 10:02 AM
He topped out his freshman year.

Well, cpk hurt his own argument. He had Braylon Edwards his freshman year. Despite losing Edwards, he actually maintained about the same stats his sophomore year. Does that mean he actually improved since he had lesser receivers to throw to? Then, he improved his stats his junior year. His stats were down a bit his senior year, but he was also injured.

sharpe1027
05-16-2008, 11:05 AM
He topped out his freshman year.

Well, cpk hurt his own argument. He had Braylon Edwards his freshman year. Despite losing Edwards, he actually maintained about the same stats his sophomore year. Does that mean he actually improved since he had lesser receivers to throw to? Then, he improved his stats his junior year. His stats were down a bit his senior year, but he was also injured.

You could look at it that way. That first year was loaded with Freshman and, although they won alot of games, they never really lived up to the hype. Maybe I am being unfair by critizing someone for doing too well as a Freshman, but I don't see him making the jump the the NFL.

Admittedly, I am no scout and I didn't watch Michigan games to scout Henne. However, I have heard alot of grumbling about him from the Michigan fans I know. Where there's smoke, there is often fire. Maybe something will happen to wake him up and I will be proven wrong, then again, maybe not.

Partial
05-16-2008, 11:14 AM
[quote="HarveyWallbangers"]This might have some validity if his stats weren't virtual the same all four years:/quote]

Bam! That is awesome!

HarveyWallbangers
05-16-2008, 11:24 AM
You could look at it that way. That first year was loaded with Freshman and, although they won alot of games, they never really lived up to the hype. Maybe I am being unfair by critizing someone for doing too well as a Freshman, but I don't see him making the jump the the NFL.

Admittedly, I am no scout and I didn't watch Michigan games to scout Henne. However, I have heard alot of grumbling about him from the Michigan fans I know. Where there's smoke, there is often fire. Maybe something will happen to wake him up and I will be proven wrong, then again, maybe not.

Could be. I don't know that Henne will do well. I watched him at Michigan, and thought he was solid. I also thought he could make all of the throws. Then, I think about Michigan and I think about how well Tom Brady did after leaving Lloyd Carr's staff.

If we are going by progression, then we are in trouble. Brohm statisically (by QB rating) went down from his sophomore year to junior year, then again from his junior year to his senior year (although he did stay healthy his senior year for the first time). Circumstances out of their control sometimes come into play.

Michigan fans seem to be tough on their players. When expectations are that you win a national championship or your season is a failure, then fans are going to take it out on the coach and QB.

Imagine if Henne played for Wisconsin. He'd go down as the best QB in a long time.

sharpe1027
05-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Imagine if Henne played for Wisconsin. He'd go down as the best QB in a long time.

In terms of the NFL, that wouldn't mean much. :)