PDA

View Full Version : Mike McCarthy Is Lost

Anti-Polar Bear
06-03-2006, 06:36 PM
It's not yet training camp and new Packer coach Mike McCarthy has already lost the team. Ask him and he will tell you he doesn't know where in the world is Carmen San Diego, or Al Harris or Rod Gardner or Mike Wahle.

Ask McCarthy to name the Canadian punter who is booming punts and he won't know. McCarthy is too busy working with the quarterbacks. And firing expletives at reporters.

Ask McCarthy what he does late at night, and he will tell you he and offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski likes to watch "Brokeback Mountain" in a hotel room and then do what the two cowboys does at Brokeback Mountain there. (See "Ted is Trapped In the Closet, Chap. 10" for more)

Everything former coach Mike Sherman was, McCarthy is the opposite. Sherman was a disciplinarian when knew exactly where each of his players were in the off season. McCarthy subscribes to the "choas theory of queerness" (such theory implies that so long as gay sex is plentiful, gay folks won't care about other matters). Sherman was a winner. McCarthy? A loser. Sherman is straight. McCarthy? Gay, as in queer.

If the Pack makes the Playoffs this year, which I hope they do because this season marks the final straw of Brett Favre's glorious career, it won't be because Mike McCarthy did good; instead, because Mike Sherman left the Packers with a solid foundation (not to mention, $35 M in cap room, which was used inefficiently by GM Ted Thompson).

And if the Packers misses the playoffs? Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson deserves to be exiled to Brokeback Mountain and to never return again to the Green Bay Packers.

Scott Campbell
06-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Sherman was a disciplinarian when knew exactly where each of his players were in the off season.

http://www.packerforum.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10289/normal_sherman_sleep.jpg

SD GB fan
06-03-2006, 06:47 PM
so if the pack does well its cos of sherman

and if they suck ass then its cos of TT and MM

i love how u logically cover all the bases

btw $35 million space was cos of the cap increase and TT cutting a bunch of sherman's wannabe players. (hunt, diggs, hawthorne, jue, thomas) but at least u tried

Anti-Polar Bear
06-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Why do you keep showing that picture? Sherman was not GM last year; it was not his job to scout players. Look at what staying awake did to Mike Murkely (in front of Sherman in the picture), who wasn't GM of the Bills. Murkely got exhusted during the season and resigned afterward.

GrnBay007
06-03-2006, 06:51 PM
LOL Good 1 Scott! That's a disciplinarian if I EVER saw one!! :razz:

SD GB fan
06-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Why do you keep showing that picture? Sherman was not GM last year; it was not his job to scout players. Look at what staying awake did to Mike Murkely (in front of Sherman in the picture), who wasn't GM of the Bills. Murkely got exhusted during the season and resigned afterward.

cos its a funny picture. we shud all go to the combine and take a nap cos its so much more comfortable than a counch at home plus what kinda scout/coach cares for the combine these days any way?

boy sure glad sherman isnt here anymore. wonder if he will sleep during a texans game :lol:

Anti-Polar Bear
06-03-2006, 06:54 PM
boy sure glad sherman isnt here anymore. wonder if he will sleep during a texans game :lol:

geez, rookie, read my archieves for more information about how i posts. Until you do, i will ingore you. :)

Scott Campbell
06-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Why do you keep showing that picture?

I think the picture is frigg'n hilarious.

Well, it wasn't nearly as funny when considering who he drafted.

Scott Campbell
06-03-2006, 06:56 PM
geez, rookie, read my archieves for more information about how i posts.

Ironically, it's been said that picture was taken right after Sherman read Tank's "archives".

GrnBay007
06-03-2006, 06:58 PM
geez, rookie, read my archieves for more information about how i posts. Until you do, i will ingore you. :)

Your view has been made quite clear Tank. Any person here with at least 4 total posts is crystal clear on your views. I have one question:

WILL

IT

EVER

END?

...........meaning your obsession with the pro Sherman/bash TT and M3?

If they take the Packers to the Superbowl would you be happy?

Anti-Polar Bear
06-03-2006, 07:00 PM
geez, rookie, read my archieves for more information about how i posts.

Ironically, it's been said that picture was taken right after Sherman read Tank's "archives".

Campbell, i dont about that picture. You can post it all you want. I thought it was funny too.

Hey, repetitions works. Just read my achieves. Some said i am full of repetitives.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-03-2006, 07:04 PM
[quote=Anti-Polar Bear]

Yes; winning cures everyone's ills. What Thompson is doing is what I can't stand: dismantling the Pack when they were, and WERE because ted thompson fucked up not only this off season but long ago, only a few players on defense away from winning the SB.

My rhetoric rages on....until the Pack make the Playoffs again.

GrnBay007
06-03-2006, 07:06 PM
[quote=Anti-Polar Bear]

Yes; winning cures everyone's ills. What Thompson is doing is what I can't stand: dismantling the Pack when they were, and WERE because ted thompson fucked up not only this off season but long ago, only a few players on defense away from winning the SB.

My rhetoric rages on....until the Pack make the Playoffs again.

So if they make it to the playoffs in 2006, the rhetoric stops, right?

Anti-Polar Bear
06-03-2006, 07:11 PM

Pack won't make the playoffs in '06, or not any time in the near future. The year 2045 is the next time Pack will make the Playoffs again, unless Thompson is fired after this season.

I will root for Pack to win every game this season, but some times we all must face the truth: BECAUSE OF TED THOMPSON'S DOING, THE PACKERS SUCK. If you think 4-12 doesn't suck, then you are delusional.

Travbrew
06-03-2006, 09:42 PM

Blah, blah, blah,....whatever...
That's the same line you fed me when I challenged you you too tank, you little peice of shit.
You post the same crap, over and over, and over. Give it a rest. Every time someone differs in opinion from you, and susequently fires some crtap at you, you conveniently decide to "ignore" their posts. WTFO???
What is mommy and daddy wasting all of their money on your education (ha, ha, ha right) for?
Stand up, put down the bunt and respond you damned dirty assed hippy.

Travbrew
06-03-2006, 09:46 PM

Your view has been made quite clear Tank. Any person here with at least 4 total posts is crystal clear on your views. I have one question:

WILL

IT

EVER

END?

...........meaning your obsession with the pro Sherman/bash TT and M3?

No, it won't..Tank is a fucking moron, plain and simple. It won't end and he'll never come up with anything worthhis weight in shit. That's a cold hard fact.

pbmax
06-03-2006, 10:04 PM
Everything former coach Mike Sherman was, McCarthy is the opposite. Sherman was a disciplinarian when knew exactly where each of his players were in the off season.
APB, Sherman had many fine qualities and I think he was a good coach. But he was no disciplinarian.

And I'd bet he had just as many absences during his voluntary OTAs as McCarthy, esp. if you consider Sherman averaged many fewer practices in the offseason (esp last 5 seasons) than McCarthy is running right now.

McCarthy's biggest problem is learning how to distract the media from making the number 14 the biggest story of the week. He needs remedial PR work so he won't ever say again he doesn't know the answer to the question.

Harlan Huckleby
06-03-2006, 10:33 PM
APB, Sherman had many fine qualities and I think he was a good coach. But he was no disciplinarian.

I'm not sure about this. I think Sherman had the respect of his players. They played very hard. Umm, the criticism of him that I find most valid is he too often made poor decisions under pressure. His game planning was good, but time-critical decisions not-so-hot.

MadtownPacker
06-04-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm not sure about this. I think Sherman had the respect of his players. They played very hard. Umm, the criticism of him that I find most valid is he too often made poor decisions under pressure. His game planning was good, but time-critical decisions not-so-hot.
His regular season game decisions where fine, especially at the end of the season but his playoff game decisions, when the pressure cooker was on, where very bad. If Sherm had been able to manage playoff games he would have made it to a SB. He had some loaded Os and in 2003 should have got there.

Scott Campbell
06-04-2006, 12:07 PM
His regular season game decisions where fine, especially at the end of the season but his playoff game decisions, when the pressure cooker was on, where very bad. If Sherm had been able to manage playoff games he would have made it to a SB. He had some loaded Os and in 2003 should have got there.

He couldn't figure out when to throw the red flag to save his life.

MadtownPacker
06-04-2006, 12:11 PM
He couldn't figure out when to throw the red flag to save his life.

Sherm couldnt decide if he was a man a faith or a man of science. He always appeared to be fighting himself. Should just went with his gut feeling.

Chubbyhubby
06-04-2006, 04:56 PM

Pack won't make the playoffs in '06, or not any time in the near future. The year 2045 is the next time Pack will make the Playoffs again, unless Thompson is fired after this season.

I will root for Pack to win every game this season, but some times we all must face the truth: BECAUSE OF TED THOMPSON'S DOING, THE PACKERS SUCK. If you think 4-12 doesn't suck, then you are delusional.

Did you watch any games last year? The reason the Packers were 4-12 last year is because the team was had a rash of INJURIES! They also lost 5 of their games by 3 points or less, If they would have won those 5 games the packers would have been 9-7 and it be a remarkable year. Due to the fact with all of the injuries. I was in Greenbay today with my wife and I read in the GreenBay Gazette that MM3 is doin a great job. Nick Barnett (the player not the poster) said so. For Ted Thompson, that draft he had was awesome! They will have a solid year.

Partial
06-04-2006, 05:01 PM
bah, it was not just injuries. That is illogical. If Shermie the GM gave them quality depth, then those injuries wouldn't have mattered as much as they did.

New England got hit with more injuries then the Pack did. The difference is they have quality depth because they know how to draft. They made it to the divisional round of the playoffs.

retailguy
06-04-2006, 06:33 PM
bah, it was not just injuries. That is illogical. If Shermie the GM gave them quality depth, then those injuries wouldn't have mattered as much as they did.

New England got hit with more injuries then the Pack did. The difference is they have quality depth because they know how to draft. They made it to the divisional round of the playoffs.

Partial, the comparison to NE is not reasonable. NE did not lose their top 3 running backs to injury, plus 3 of their 5 wide receivers. No one could lose that many skill positions and bounce back.

NE has dealt well with their injuries but the comparison is pretty short-sighted.

MJZiggy
06-04-2006, 06:45 PM

I'd read your "archieves", but I highly doubt you've ever "archieved" anything. If you want me to read your archives, all they would tell me is that 007 should never trust you to keep your word because you don't. Pay up. And all the crap you spout is from the past. It's over already. History. Wahle is gone. Sherman is gone. Get over it. Move on and look toward the future.

Partial
06-04-2006, 06:47 PM
touche. However, they did lose a
pro bowl safety ( Rodney Harrison )
a pro bowl middle linebacker ( Teddy Bruschi )
a pro bowl defensive end ( Richard Seymore )
Corey Dillion missed several weeks
had defensive depth so depleted they had a receiver starting at corner

They had plenty of injuries. Just as many as we had if not more.

retailguy
06-04-2006, 07:11 PM
touche. However, they did lose a
pro bowl safety ( Rodney Harrison )
a pro bowl middle linebacker ( Teddy Bruschi )
a pro bowl defensive end ( Richard Seymore )
Corey Dillion missed several weeks
had defensive depth so depleted they had a receiver starting at corner

They had plenty of injuries. Just as many as we had if not more.

I agree with the number of injuries. They had a lot. Your point about depth with NE is well taken also. However, where depth helps is when you lose one player, not all of them.

For example, they lost Harrison, with THREE safeties remaining that started the season. Seymore was lost, but teams carry 4 DT's, Brucshi was gone with 5 able teamates to replace him, and corey dillon was out, with two other backs behind him.

Now, with GB, Green and Davenport go down, then Fisher goes down. Walt williams was brought back and breaks his foot. Now, you have an ENTIRE stable of backs on the roster that weren't even in training camp.

WR's - 3 of the 5 wide receivers weren't on the team opening weekend.

This is NOT a depth problem. Depth problems did exist, but NOT AS THE RESULT OF AN INJURY. You cannot overcome the number of injuries at few positions such as what GB experienced last year.

Your comparison to depth is apples/oranges. Bellichek could not have overcome what happened to GB last year. He needs knowlegable, informed bodies. You don't get those off of waivers or someone elses practice squad during week 7.

MJZiggy
06-04-2006, 07:37 PM
Except Samkon...

retailguy
06-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Except Samkon...

So, instead of being 3-13 they were 4-12? Doesn't this prove my point?

MJZiggy
06-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Oh, I agree with what you said, I just didn't want Sam to be forgotten--he was such a happy exception.

retailguy
06-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Oh, I agree with what you said, I just didn't want Sam to be forgotten--he was such a happy exception.

:mrgreen:

Tony Oday
06-04-2006, 09:52 PM
And Tank hides becuase he has no retort to defend a coach who never won anything resembling a real game...

woodbuck27
06-04-2006, 09:53 PM

Partial, the comparison to NE is not reasonable. NE did not lose their top 3 running backs to injury, plus 3 of their 5 wide receivers. No one could lose that many skill positions and bounce back.

NE has dealt well with their injuries but the comparison is pretty short-sighted.

On top of those loss's Bubba Franks and Mike Flanigan missed a ton of action as well.

It just wasn't the OL or 29 picks.

It all added up to a snowballs chance ,and they still remained competitive in what . . 8 loss's.

Chubbyhubby
06-04-2006, 10:01 PM
I couldn't agree with you more Retailguy. Your right on the button on this one. Sherman was a lousy GM when it came to the draft. TT had a great draft this year in comparison. 3 draft picks are projected starters. The D has improved from last year. We'll see this fall how they do but if they don't hit the injury bug like they did last year they are up and coming. In 2004 when Ted Thompson's first Draft for the Packers picked Aarron Rodgers everyone cringed. We all knew he was going to sit a year behind Favre. Which he did. Rodgers has improved greatly from this year than last. Expect big things from A-Rodg when he gets the nod.