PDA

View Full Version : Sports Camps

GrnBay007
05-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Think they are worth the money?

Holy cow they've gone up in price from a "few" years ago when I used to attend. :wink:

$385.00 for a 4 day Volleyball camp for my daughter.

Deputy Nutz
05-13-2008, 09:52 PM
It does keep them thinking about the sport year round. As a coach I promote as many wrestling camps to my athletes as I can. The more involved they are the better, the summer can be one huge distraction.

red
05-13-2008, 10:14 PM
i went to that jordan guys basketball camp when i was in high school

now that experience was priceless

also, is it local, or do they actually go away for that time. that was big for me, it was like my first time away on my own

if its local, and if its the coaches camp, then yes, you have to go. its like "volunteer" minicamps........that you get to pay for. you lose brownie points with the coach if you don't go

GrnBay007
05-13-2008, 10:29 PM
It's about a 45 min. drive. The $385 includes spending the night in the dorms and all meals. The camp is actually 9am-9pm. Actually not that bad of a price considering that. It's a NIKE camp.....free t-shirt....woohoo!

Well, all signed up. She promises to get in really good shape before the camp so she gets the most out of it. lol

I know what you mean about those voluntary deals that the coaches monitor.....to see who cares enough to show up. They are having open gym all summer on certain days to train and you know they keep track of who's showing up. They just can't officially call it practice or make the kids go before a certain date.

twoseven
05-14-2008, 05:12 AM
four days of all day instruction.. plus lodgings and meals (and that free advertising.. i mean t-shirt) for $385, $96 a day, seems pretty fair for a Nike camp.

Partial
05-14-2008, 06:36 AM
Seems very expensive but what isn't? Tennis camp was typically about 30 dollars a day for 3 hours.

Deputy Nutz
05-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Badger football camp was free, well free if they wanted to recruit you, or it was about 350.00. Either way it was a waste of time. Now the Michigan St camp was a really, really good camp, that was back in 1993 though and I was 15 years old and there were girls there.

Anyways, football camps, don't bother unless your coach recomends it.

Tarlam!
05-14-2008, 11:10 AM
..I was 15 years old and there were girls there.

Get laid?

Deputy Nutz
05-14-2008, 11:16 AM

Get laid?

I was too scared of my mother to do something like that

red
05-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Badger football camp was free, well free if they wanted to recruit you, or it was about 350.00. Either way it was a waste of time. Now the Michigan St camp was a really, really good camp, that was back in 1993 though and I was 15 years old and there were girls there.

Anyways, football camps, don't bother unless your coach recomends it.

shut the fuck up. you were 15 in 1993?

i always pictured you as a cranky old pervert
turns out we're the same age

i'm not sure i like what that means

oregonpackfan
05-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Both of my girls attended soccer camp for several summers. The girls worked on fundamentals, scrimmaged, etc. for 7-8 hours a day and then spent the evenings at home. One of them was through the University of Portland, which has one of the best female collegiate teams in the country.

From what I have read and heard from other parents, coaches, etc. the quality varies quite a bit from camp to camp. It pays to do some research on the camp, its goals, experience of the instructors, etc.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-14-2008, 07:07 PM

Get laid?

I was too scared of my mother to do something like that

Yeah, you never cheat on your mom with another woman. :twisted: