PDA

View Full Version : What Your Car Color Reveals About Your Psyche

GrnBay007
05-15-2008, 12:09 AM
OK, so right now when you think of your vehicle all you think about is how you are pouring money down it's throat (or up it's butt :P) to keep it running.

So what does the color of your car say about your attitude and confidence??

(P.S. it's the offseason...what else is there to talk about, politics? :? )

With gas prices nearing $4 per gallon, are there any cheerful drivers left on the road?

Well, if there are, chances are they're driving a green car.

People who own emerald green automobiles, it turns out, have the most positive attitude about the course of their own lives. Dark blue and silver are other colors chosen by upbeat people.

Red supposedly connotes an aggressive, high-speed personality, while yellow, theoretically, is for folks with sunny dispositions. But survey data show that people who drive red or yellow cars have below-average confidence. And black cars, supposedly a sign of power and elegance, are driven by the most downbeat drivers of all.

The automotive color-coding comes from CNW Marketing Research in Bandon, Ore., which asked nearly 1,900 Americans about their attitudes toward their own lives at several points over the course of a year. CNW also asked each respondent the color of the car they drive most often, which allowed the researchers to develop a kind of color-confidence index. According to CNW, here's what the color of a car says about the person who bought it:

People whose car is:
Black, dark blue,
or silver
Experience:
Consistent moods

White, sunny yellow,
or bright blue
Experience:
Modest mood swings

Orange, red, bright
yellow, or
emerald green
Experience:
The most pronounced mood swings

People whose car is:
Emerald green
Have confidence that is:
5.5% above average

Dark blue
Have confidence that is:
3.2% above average

Silver
Have confidence that is:
1.2% above average

White
Have confidence that is:
Average

Sunny yellow
Have confidence that is:
3.7% below average

Orange
Have confidence that is:
4.1% below average

Bright blue
Have confidence that is:
5.5% below average

Bright yellow
Have confidence that is:
8.3% below average

Red
Have confidence that is:
8.8 % below average

Black
Have confidence that is:
14.6% below average

What does all this mean? Probably just another way the insurance companies can find a way to stick it to you. :D

texaspackerbacker
05-15-2008, 12:15 AM
I've got one that is dark blue and one that is bright green. What is it? Consistent moods or mood swings?

I think this has about samel the credibility as those old "mood rings".

GrnBay007
05-15-2008, 12:20 AM
I think this has all the credibility as those old "mood rings".

LOL @ mood rings! We sure did put a lot of faith in those back in the day...I don't remember how old I was, but we all knew the mood ring would tell us when we were near the boy we would one day marry. :shock:

GrnBay007
05-15-2008, 12:24 AM
I don't know....the car survey tells me I was more confident and less mood swings pre and post marriage.......sounds about right!! :wink:

red
05-15-2008, 05:32 AM
seems pretty damn accurate in my case

Bretsky
05-15-2008, 07:32 AM
Cool; green, red, and silver have been the recent auto's I drive

Deputy Nutz
05-15-2008, 08:46 AM
What about a brown van? That probably equals giving up on life, because appearance certainly doesn't matter anymore.

oregonpackfan
05-15-2008, 10:02 AM
When I buy a car and/or truck(I have owned two trucks), I am most concerned about reliability and affordability. I don't even consider color a factor in my purchase.

Certainly, I wouldn't drive a car that is colored "hot pink" or multi-striped, but color just doesn't enter the consideration.

retailguy
05-15-2008, 12:26 PM
I drive an emerald green sedan.... :P

Not sure what that means. I always thought I bought it because it was the cheapest car I could find, but maybe subliminally....? :wink:

MJZiggy
05-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Hmmm...I bought used, so I bought what they had, not the color I wanted. My lack of choices has made me more even-keeled and confident. Sweet.

retailguy
05-16-2008, 09:02 AM
seems pretty damn accurate in my case

There are other colors besides BLACK you know. You could trade up next time. :P