PDA

View Full Version : Packers go to bat for Seniors

MadtownPacker
05-15-2008, 11:16 PM
On Sunday June 8th, players from the National Football League Green Bay Packers and the Arena League Green Bay Blizzards will play in a Celebrity Softball game. The event, titled "Helping to secure the future of long term care in Northeast Wisconsin," will be sponsored by Ebony Humphrey, the wife of Packers TE, #84 Tory Humphrey.

Click here to read more (http://www.packerrats.com)

Badgerinmaine
05-16-2008, 06:48 AM
Thanks for posting that--yet another reason to love the Packers.

GrnBay007
05-16-2008, 08:06 AM
What a great and much needed cause!!

When it comes to charity work and such, seniors are a group that far too often are left out or overlooked. It's wonderful they are doing this. :tup:

FavreChild
05-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Cheers to the Humphreys!

Hope some of you local rats can make it to the event.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-16-2008, 02:56 PM
....Edited by Zool.

GBRulz
05-17-2008, 07:23 AM
I think this is a great cause, but as a local, I'm very surprised by the lack of attention it's getting in the press. I had never even heard of this event until Mad PM'd me asking if I was going. At first when he said "softball tourn" I thought he meant Favre's (now Driver's).

It's too bad DD's and this event are back to back weekends, but I'm hoping this one still has a good turnout. I'll do my best to make it, but that's also the weekend of the annual Chicago Blues Festival which I try to make every year.

Zool
05-17-2008, 10:18 PM
....Edited by Zool.

Actually I didnt. Thanks for the recognition, but I'll let everyone know when I edit you.

oregonpackfan
05-20-2008, 09:41 AM
I'll do my best to make it, but that's also the weekend of the annual Chicago Blues Festival which I try to make every year.

GBR,

Will the Bears' fans be "Singing the Blues" about their quarterback situation? :)

The Leaper
05-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Actually I didnt. Thanks for the recognition, but I'll let everyone know when I edit you.

Don't need to let us know. If Tank makes sense, we'll know he was edited.