PDA

View Full Version : Catching Up with Former Packer Great Arturo Freeman

Anti-Polar Bear
05-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Here’s and excerpt from former Packer great ARTURO Freeman’s (not Antonio) forthcoming book, “Amore: Why I Gave Up Football to Become a Football Wife” (Liberal Utopian Press).

The summer of ’05 was hot. But I was hotter, literally and figuratively. Thanks to Billy Banks’ “Tae Bo” workout regime, I was able to shed 10 lbs. Man, did I look good. Now I know how it feels like to be a hot chick. Everyone is always a-staring and a-“wannadoit.”

On the football field I was hotter than hot. I was so hot I was actually cold (you know what I mean). I outperformed the likes of Earl Little, Mark Roman and Marvel Underwood. Simply put, I was the best safety to put on a Packer uniform since Darren Sharper.

Ted Thompson just couldn’t stop staring at me. I don’t blame him at all: I was a shinning star.

A few weeks before the regular season opener, Thompson called me into his office. I knew I was not going to get cut because I was a shinning star. But to my surprise, Thompson asked me to quit football. He wanted me to work for him as a “personal assistant in charge of the personal matters of all things personal.”

How could I turn Ted down? He was my boss. So that day in that tiny office that resembled a closet, I became a wife. A football wife. Ted Thompson’s football wife.

Gunakor
05-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Here’s and excerpt from former Packer great ARTURO Freeman’s (not Antonio) forthcoming book, “Amore: Why I Gave Up Football to Become a Football Wife” (Liberal Utopian Press).

The summer of ’05 was hot. But I was hotter, literally and figuratively. Thanks to Billy Banks’ “Tae Bo” workout regime, I was able to shed 10 lbs. Man, did I look good. Now I know how it feels like to be a hot chick. Everyone is always a-staring and a-“wannadoit.”

On the football field I was hotter than hot. I was so hot I was actually cold (you know what I mean). I outperformed the likes of Earl Little, Mark Roman and Marvel Underwood. Simply put, I was the best safety to put on a Packer uniform since Darren Sharper.

Ted Thompson just couldn’t stop staring at me. I don’t blame him at all: I was a shinning star.

A few weeks before the regular season opener, Thompson called me into his office. I knew I was not going to get cut because I was a shinning star. But to my surprise, Thompson asked me to quit football. He wanted me to work for him as a “personal assistant in charge of the personal matters of all things personal.”

How could I turn Ted down? He was my boss. So that day in that tiny office that resembled a closet, I became a wife. A football wife. Ted Thompson’s football wife.

Marviel Underwood. With an I.

Marvel is what you have done with regards to Arturo Freeman.

For the record, Arturo Freeman did NOT make the Packers squad in 2005 in any capacity. He was picked up by the New England Patriots, for whom he recorded a whopping 5 tackles during the entire 2005 season. He has not been listed on any teams official roster since.