PDA

View Full Version : A Senseless Death

Kiwon
05-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Why did this woman die?

A senseless death (http://video.ap.org/v/Legacy.aspx?mk=en-ap&g=8abc914c-d1ff-4d89-aa93-bff3def273fc&f=DCTMS&t=s201fg=tool&partner=en-ap)

Warning: Disturbing video that will make you angry and sad. At least it does me.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Who's to blame?

The fucking NRA.

Earlier this year, some maniac went back to his alma mater and took the lives of many a young men and women.

Who's to blame?

The fucking NRA.

About a year prior to the Northern Ill massacre, some maniac walked into a building full of students and took the lives of many a young men and women.

Who's to blame?

The fucking NRA.

Years prior to the Virgina Tech massacre, a couple of maniacs entered their high school with guns and took the lives of many a young men and women.

Who's to blame?

None other than the fucking NRA.

Kiwon
05-16-2008, 06:42 PM
LOS ANGELES, CA -- A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrests and convictions of two men responsible for gunning down a 51-year-old woman during a robbery inside a Gardena, California T-shirt shop.

Detectives hope that surveillance video footage of the shooting will help them capture the robbers.

Hae Sook Roh, of Gardena, was fatally shot during a robbery at about 6:45 p.m. Monday, said deputy Aura Sierra of the Sheriff's Headquarters Bureau.

The victim was a part owner of the shop and was working as a clerk when she was shot.

Paramedics took the victim to Harbor-UCLA Medical Center where she later died.

The robbers fled with an undisclosed amount of cash and were last seen running away from the store.

The gunman was described as being in his 20s and wearing a cloth bandana over his face, a black jacket with a white t-shirt underneath, and shorts.

The other man is also about 20 and was last seen wearing a blue shirt and blue jeans.

Jimx29
05-17-2008, 01:22 PM
proof that crack don't smoke itself

GoPackGo
05-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Who's to blame?

how about you change your rant to

"who's to blame?"
"the lowlife gunman and his acomplice who is willing to kill a person for small amounts of cash"

"who's to blame?"
"the lowlife gunman and his acomplice who is willing to kill a person for small amounts of cash"

"who's to blame?"

"who's to blame?"

MJZiggy
05-17-2008, 01:32 PM
GPG, you need to add to that.

"the lowlife gunman and his accomplice who is willing to kill a person for small amounts of cash even though she was heading toward the cash register to give it to them anyway"

Anti-Polar Bear
05-17-2008, 01:49 PM
Dude, the NRA is indirectly responsible for every modern act of gun violence in America. Their nonstop lobbying is preventing tougher gun control laws from being passed. When a murderer uses a gun to take the life of a precious child, all the fucking NRA does is cry, "from my cold, dead hands!"

Look deeper into the organization and you will notice that many NRA members are radicial right wing conservatives, who are also part of a carnival of idiots known infamously as the Ku Klux Klan.

The KKK loves guns. Why wouldn’t they? Mexicans and blacks are killing each other every day with guns. Less work for the carnival of idiots!!!

GoPackGo
05-17-2008, 02:08 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^
thats fine that you feel that way, but its silly to blame them in this case. The proof is in the video

Charles Woodson
05-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Dude, the NRA is indirectly responsible for every modern act of gun violence in America.

If you really think that tougher gun policies are really going to do anything, then you got another thing coming. I mean if illegal immigrants and drugs have no problem getting into America so why wouldnt a little gun.
Im not saying that i agree that we should have guns, but im saying that if you take guns away from people, its going to leave them less protection from the people who can illegally get them.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Having a gun is useless against predators, unless you know they are coming.

The good person doesn’t carry a gun with her when she walks on the street. Even if she has a gun in her home, it usually is locked up with the safety button on.

Your chance of survival is better if someone is attempting to kill you with a knife than a gun.

Guns should be outlawed. If you want to hunt animals, hunt with a bow. It’s not like you are hunting saber tooth tigers.

Fuck the NRA. Fuck conservatives.

BallHawk
05-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Holy shit, I agree with Tank. :shock:

MJZiggy
05-17-2008, 09:01 PM
That's because he actually made a good point with a good argument... :shock:

Tyrone Bigguns
05-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Tyrone always carries a gun in his pocket, and baby he is ready to roll, ladies...if you know what i mean.

CaliforniaCheez
05-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Some of you anti-NRA people ought to consider Tiananmen Square and what totalitarian government do to run over people and people's rights.

Armed citizens keep the government more honest than it would be.

World War II assessments by the Japanese and German governments decided not to invade the U.S. because there were too many privately owned guns and ammunition.

The NRA is not some LA street gang.

If a drunk driver kills someone, is the drunk to blame, the alcohol to blame or should blame go to those who advocated the repeal of the the Volstead Act??

My neighbors have guns in their homes. What happens in theirs houses is their business. They have never threatened any harm to me with their guns.

Gun crimes get harsher sentences.

The NRA is good for America and Americans that don't own guns.

Partial
05-17-2008, 11:55 PM

Then you're one dumb fucking 13 year old. Listen to Chris Rock... dude hit the nail square.

Tarlam!
05-18-2008, 07:33 AM
People kill. Not guns.

Does anyone here really think that the murders will stop if you change your gun laws?

We can get guns in Germany, or Australia. Takes a bit longer and you need to be in a gun club. Big fuckin deal.

You have a culture to deal with. Not a gun law.

I know, I am an outsider, but I hope you think of me as family. So, I hope my holding up the mirror doesn't piss you all off.

MJZiggy
05-18-2008, 07:49 AM
Well said, Tar.

BallHawk
05-18-2008, 10:09 AM

Then you're one dumb fucking 13 year old. Listen to Chris Rock... dude hit the nail square.

No, Partial, you hit the nail square. You showed me my opinion is wrong. :roll:

Iron Mike
05-18-2008, 10:20 AM
If a drunk driver kills someone, is the drunk to blame, the alcohol to blame or should blame go to those who advocated the repeal of the the Volstead Act??

Apparently, according to local opinion, the bartender should be to blame for allowing a person to get drunk enough to drive drunk. :roll:

Deputy Nutz
05-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Guns don't kill people. I never saw a gun pull it's own trigger in anger.

Partial
05-19-2008, 12:18 AM

No, Partial, you hit the nail square. You showed me my opinion is wrong. :roll:

You live in Florida. You should know first hand how much crime dropped when concealed weapons were allowed.

Tarlam!
05-19-2008, 01:57 AM
World War II assessments by the Japanese and German governments decided not to invade the U.S. because there were too many privately owned guns and ammunition.

Sorry, this sounds like a myth to me. I have never heard this before and would love to know the source.

Deputy Nutz
05-19-2008, 10:38 AM

Sorry, this sounds like a myth to me. I have never heard this before and would love to know the source.

Well it may not have been an actual belief by the Japanese or the Nazi party, but there is a a whole lot of truth to it. Although I don't know how much ammunition was available at the time to the American Public with WWII going on.

Tarlam!
05-19-2008, 11:07 AM

Well it may not have been an actual belief by the Japanese or the Nazi party, but there is a a whole lot of truth to it. Although I don't know how much ammunition was available at the time to the American Public with WWII going on.

Hey, I'd like a source. As far as I know, neither the Japs nor Germans could figure out a supply chain to sustain kickin' your asses. But fuck, I am a dumb Aussie. Most people don't know that Sydney Harbour was attacked by a fleet of mini subs during WWII. I do.

Deputy Nutz
05-19-2008, 11:23 AM

Hey, I'd like a source. As far as I know, neither the Japs nor Germans could figure out a supply chain to sustain kickin' your asses. But fuck, I am a dumb Aussie. Most people don't know that Sydney Harbour was attacked by a fleet of mini subs during WWII. I do.

Well you are not going to get a source from me because I don't know if there is one, like I said I don't think it was an actually beliefe by the Axis. The supply line was factual, unless they could have gotten a secure hold of South American and slowly work their way up through Mexico the Axis had know real way of sustaining a battle on the United States. If they had conquered Russia then their was a small possibility that they could have crossed into Alaska, but there is a lot of land to have to cross to even get the US Border, and even then What are you going to attack? The state of Washington? Montana?

swede
05-19-2008, 11:32 AM
...If they had conquered Russia then their was a small possibility that they could have crossed into Alaska, but there is a lot of land to have to cross to even get the US Border, and even then What are you going to attack? The state of Washington? Montana?

Agreed, Nutz. Logistics mattered more. But once upon a time Americans were made of tough stuff.

Today, APB would offer a hummer to the first armed jihadist to roll into town.

The Leaper
05-19-2008, 04:19 PM
It may just be me, but I consider our society's complete lack of regard for the value and sanctity of human life as the main culprit for this kind of crap.

You can outlaw guns all you want, but our society will continue to kill. Banning guns will simply ensure that even more massacres like this take place...because the bad guys will know there will be nothing to stop them.

Virginia Tech had a gun ban...did it help anything, or merely make the decision even easier for the nutcase?

I'm all for making it much more difficult to own a gun...but banning them altogether is hardly a solution.

Freak Out
05-19-2008, 05:01 PM
We created the person who gunned that lady down.
We have glorified violence to such a degree that most find it acceptable to gun down store owners and hookers without a thought in a virtual world and laugh about it...or watch a movie with graphic sadism, torture, murder and whatever else that can be thrown at us and barley flinch...we watch war on CNN where our soldiers gun down the armed and unarmed and its not "news" anymore but just another day.

HarveyWallbangers
05-19-2008, 05:14 PM
We have glorified violence to such a degree that most find it acceptable to gun down store owners and hookers without a thought in a virtual world and laugh about it...or watch a movie with graphic sadism, torture, murder and whatever else that can be thrown at us and barley flinch...we watch war on CNN where our soldiers gun down the armed and unarmed and its not "news" anymore but just another day.

You had me until the last line. Yeah, blame our societal problems on people watching soldiers "gun down the armed and unarmed." So, our soldiers gunning down "unarmed people" is rampant, and it's shown on CNN enough that young people are affected by it?

Freak Out
05-19-2008, 05:43 PM

You had me until the last line. Yeah, blame our societal problems on people watching soldiers "gun down the armed and unarmed." So, our soldiers gunning down "unarmed people" is rampant, and it's shown on CNN enough that young people are affected by it?

I'm not blaming our problems on US soldiers shooting people but on that fact that "war" is now so common as to not even be news any longer. Its just how it is. We know that our fellow citizens are fighting street battles everyday killing and being killed and its normal for us now as a society. People care more about American Idol or the cost of gasoline.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Hey, I'd like a source. As far as I know, neither the Japs...

Tarlam you fucking Nazi!!! You fucking fascist!!! Japanese people dont like to be called "Japs," much like African Americans dont like to be called the N-word, Muslims don’t like to be called “desert niggers,” whites don’t like to be called “crackers,” Mexicans dont like to be called "J-Lo," and Native Americans dont like to be called "redskins."

I am not Japanese by any mean, but as an extreme liberal, I feel you need to apologize as there may be Japanese members posting here....if you chose not to, I will boycott all your posts and refuse to reply to you again!!!

Tarlam!
05-19-2008, 07:08 PM
if you chose not to, I will boycott all your posts and refuse to reply to you again!!!

Promise? Really and truly? Boy Scout honour?

JAPS JAPS JAPS JAPS JAPS JAPS

Was there anything else I can help you with?

Freak Out
05-19-2008, 07:14 PM
if you chose not to, I will boycott all your posts and refuse to reply to you again!!!

Promise? Really and truly? Boy Scout honour?

JAPS JAPS JAPS JAPS JAPS JAPS

Was there anything else I can help you with?

Something tells me Anti Polar Bear was never in the Scouts.

Deputy Nutz
05-19-2008, 08:51 PM

I think our Military conflicts have less to do with this than the realistic violence portrayed in movies, music, tv, and in video games.

Kiwon
03-23-2010, 07:57 PM
I was wondering about the outcome of this senseless crime. I thought I'd post an update.

.................................................. .................................................. ....

Trial ordered in killing seen on store video

By Denise Nix Staff Writer
Posted: 09/04/2009

The videotape of a Gardena store worker's violent murder caused a judge to drop her jaw and visibly cringe when she saw it in court this week.

Played during the preliminary hearing for Jayvion Galloway and Zecorey Marcus, the surveillance footage of the May 12, 2008, homicide was key to capturing the alleged killers.

On Friday, after two days of testimony, Torrance Superior Court Judge Laura Ellison determined there was enough evidence to hold Galloway and Marcus for trial.

The alleged Gardena gang members are charged with the murder of Hae Sook Roh, 51, and the special circumstance allegation of murder during a robbery.

Prosecutors will decide later whether they will seek the death penalty against Galloway, 19, and Marcus, 21.

They are also charged with the robbery of a liquor store patron a week before. That customer testified that he was robbed at gunpoint at his car after he cashed a check. All the charges carry additional allegations of gun use and gang involvement.

The surveillance video from inside the Pro Club 5 store at 2300 W. Rosecrans Blvd. shows Roh counting money behind the counter around 6:45p.m.

Then, a man with a bandana on his face comes in and points the gun at her. As she backs away from the register screaming, he fires once.

Roh lies on the floor as the gunman rifles through the register. He shoots at her two times, throws the coin rack at her and flees. A second suspect's leg could briefly be seen.

A few minutes later, someone walks in and leaves. About 10 minutes pass from the time of the shooting until the first officers and emergency medical responders are seen.

Roh was shot three times, but an autopsy showed she had 18 holes from the bullet ricocheting through her body, according to prosecutors and detectives.

The first witness called to testify by Deputy District Attorney Ralph Shapiro on Thursday was Galloway's mother, Tina Dennis.

She said she knew her son was in a gang and that she tried to tell him "gangs were no good."

"He wouldn't listen to me," she said.

Dennis denied that she told a detective that Galloway came home the day of the homicide "upset" or "shaken up," or that he admitted killing anyone.

Gardena police Officer Christopher Cuff, a gang expert, testified about the gang he believes Galloway and Marcus belong to.

Cuff said the gang members commit crimes to garner respect and create an atmosphere of fear.

He opined that the May 7, 2008, robbery and homicide both benefited the gang - especially because of the media attention the latter received.

During cross-examination by Galloway's attorney, Mark Brandt, Cuff admitted that he had never seen Galloway before this investigation.

Sheriff's Detective Mitch Loman testified Friday that he interviewed Galloway's girlfriend, Anna Sanchez, who is also charged with the robbery.

Sanchez, an exotic dancer who goes by the name "Bonnie," said during a jailhouse interview that Galloway admitted to her and his mother that he shot the woman at the store, Loman said. "She wouldn't give up the money and was laughing at him and he only got $35," Loman said Sanchez told him.

Sanchez, who said he paid her to be his companion, said she saw co-defendant Marcus in the car with Galloway when he left before the crime, according to Loman.

An arrest warrant is outstanding for Sanchez in the case and two others because she has failed to appear in court.

Loman also read snippets from a transcript of a conversation between Galloway and Marcus that detectives secretly recorded. In it, Galloway said he tried to tell investigators he didn't know Marcus.

He also said, "They don't got no witnesses to this (expletive) except me and you."

Marcus, though, expresses concern about his "Chucks," referring to his Chuck Taylor tennis shoes, since the second suspect's leg and foot are seen on the video, which was widely disseminated.

The video, along with a reward offer, led to tips about the identities of the suspects in both crimes.

Marcus was arrested May 23, 2008, for the robbery outside Stue's Dairy at 13126 S. Western Ave. Galloway, was arrested June 4, 2008, in Minnesota.

http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/california/ci_13273735