PDA

View Full Version : Javon Walker compares Jamarcus to Favre

motife
05-17-2008, 10:24 AM
http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2008/05/15/return-of-big-boy/

Javon Walker and Drew Carter got most of the work with Russell and the first team at wide receiver with Curry away. Todd Watkins, who excelled at the rookie/free agent minicamp, also has had a strong OTA, Kiffin said.

Walker said his injury problems last season occurred because he came back too soon from arthroscopic knee surgery and that he is healthy now. As for playing with Russell, Walker compared it to his early years in Green Bay when the quarterback was Brett Favre.

“He has a good arm. I’ve been fortunate enough in my career to play with a quarterback who had a strong arm, and that’s something I developed into, catching a fast ball,” Walker said. “He’s one of those guys that has that ball. The more and more we work together, the better that we’re going to be.”

gbpackfan
05-18-2008, 07:28 AM
Walker is a jackass. Who cares what he says.

Tarlam!
05-18-2008, 07:58 AM

Well said.

sheepshead
05-18-2008, 08:47 AM

'xactly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPSNiZ8ksio

MadtownPacker
05-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Jamarcus might want to read JTalk's news comments after he left Green Bay. Like how he took shots at the Packers and pledged his loyalty to the broncos and paid compliments to their young QB Cutler. Now he is talking about the good old day with the Pack and trying to say Cutler doesnt throw that hard.

Im gonna have alot of fun with the raiders fans this year. :D

BF4MVP
05-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Jamarcus might want to read JTalk's news comments after he left Green Bay. Like how he took shots at the Packers and pledged his loyalty to the broncos and paid compliments to their young QB Cutler. Now he is talking about the good old day with the Pack and trying to say Cutler doesnt throw that hard.

:bclap: Nice post

Fritz
05-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Maybe we ought to do a Packerrats contest - who can guess how many teams JWalk will go through in his career, trashing the last team he played for and speaking fondly of the team(s) prior to the last?

Will he go to Dallas? Will the Queens make a run at him someday? Step right up, ladies and gents, and place your bets.

Brando19
05-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Maybe we ought to do a Packerrats contest - who can guess how many teams JWalk will go through in his career, trashing the last team he played for and speaking fondly of the team(s) prior to the last?

Will he go to Dallas? Will the Queens make a run at him someday? Step right up, ladies and gents, and place your bets.

Walker will finish in Oakland because he's only got about 2 years left on that knee.

Rastak
05-18-2008, 07:54 PM
I believe the dude has an agenda that colors his comments (no shit sherlock), but he in the position to have played on the field with both, how many here can say that.

That having been said I would dismiss his comments due to circumstance.

MJZiggy
05-18-2008, 08:47 PM
I believe the dude has an agenda that colors his comments (no shit sherlock), but he in the position to have played on the field with both, how many here can say that.

I'd dismiss them due to his wonderlic score...

Rastak
05-18-2008, 08:53 PM

I'd dismiss them due to his wonderlic score...

I assume you also ignore everything Nick Collins says?

:wink:

MJZiggy
05-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Pretty much, but at least ol Nick has the good sense to keep his yap shut most times...

Zool
05-19-2008, 08:44 AM
Pretty much, but at least ol Nick has the good sense to keep his yap shut most times...

Thats what I was going to say. I dont recall many Nick Collins quotes.

Rastak
05-19-2008, 11:16 AM

True.....

Best to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt!

Iron Mike
05-19-2008, 12:54 PM

True.....

Best to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt!

Yeah.....that's signature worthy!!!! :worship:

HarveyWallbangers
05-19-2008, 12:56 PM
At least Nick scored double digits on his wonderlic test.

Iron Mike
05-19-2008, 01:03 PM

I can't believe there are still such things AS Raider fans. :lol:

Anti-Polar Bear
05-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Now he is talking about the good old day with the Pack and trying to say Cutler doesnt throw that hard.

J-Walk, a pro bowl pick by the genius himself, Mike Sherman, is merely speaking the truth: Favre throws hard, Russell throws hard, Cutler cant throw a 5 yds slant with the wind (two other weak armed qbs who throw like Cutler: Brohm and Bollinger).

Go J-Walk! Go J-Walk!

oregonpackfan
05-19-2008, 07:23 PM

Walker will finish in Oakland because he's only got about 2 years left on that knee.

I think this will be his last year in the NFL, IMO. His knee and declining skills will fail him.

MadtownPacker
05-19-2008, 08:59 PM

True.....

Best to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt!Yeah, you just showed us a perfect example. :D