PDA

View Full Version : Packers to add more fan attractions to training camp

motife
05-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Packer President Mark Murphy said the Packers are working to maximize fan entertainment — and revenue opportunities — at training camp.

Without elaborating, Murphy said the Packers want to add more attractions to training camp. An announcement may be made soon, he said, and the team is planning to hire a vice president for marketing and sales.

“As a player, I never looked forward to training camp,” Murphy said. “But now, I’m really looking forward to training camp. We’re looking at some things we can do to enhance that experience (for the fans)."

GBRulz
05-17-2008, 10:56 AM
I don't blame them for wanting to pocket as much cash as they can, but I sure don't want to see them starting to charge for things that are already free. (autograph table, bike rides, bleacher seating, etc).

RashanGary
05-17-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm really hoping that with Favre retired, less poeple show up to TC.

MJZiggy
05-17-2008, 11:13 AM
I don't blame them for wanting to pocket as much cash as they can, but I sure don't want to see them starting to charge for things that are already free. (autograph table, bike rides, bleacher seating, etc).

Exactly. I'm hoping this just means they add stuff in (in case I ever actually make it to GB during training camp).

Tarlam!
05-18-2008, 05:26 AM
Um, I wonder if they'd consider my application for VP Marketing and Sales...

Michele, if I zip you over my CV could you discuss me with Mark Murphy next time you're brunching together?

red
05-18-2008, 06:56 AM
I'm really hoping that with Favre retired, less poeple show up to TC.

not gonna happen

tc was around before brett, and it'll survive after brett

its a tradition bigger then one man

just like, you might want to sit down for this one JH, lambeau will continue to fill up for every game. even though brett is gone

red
05-18-2008, 07:01 AM
i doubt they will start charging for things that have already been going on

i would imagine he's talking about adding things like maybe beer/pop stands, and some food. maybe some of those interactive games. a mike sherman dunk tank. maybe some video screens? they can show a guy on the field, then throw up a bio about him, so people can get to know the young guys

maybe things like that

i can't imagine them charging people to watch practice. and it would be a crime if they charged kids for players to ride their bikes

maybe have more autograph/photo sessions after practice?

GBRulz
05-18-2008, 08:27 AM

i would imagine he's talking about adding things like maybe beer/pop stands, and some food. maybe some of those interactive games. a mike sherman dunk tank. maybe some video screens? they can show a guy on the field, then throw up a bio about him, so people can get to know the young guys

maybe things like that

i can't imagine them charging people to watch practice. and it would be a crime if they charged kids for players to ride their bikes

I can def see more drink stands, but not sure about food. The more people that buy 3-4 burgers for their family outside, the less that go in and eat at the restaurants inside the atrium. Hence, possibly avoiding a walk past the super revenue generating Pro-Shop.

It will be a crime if they start charging for any kind of autograph session at all. They already have the autograph table, plus most players will sign at some point after practice.

Didn't MN try charging fans admission to watch practice a couple of years ago and it backfired? I don't ever see GB doing that....

cpk1994
05-18-2008, 09:08 AM

maybe things like that

maybe have more autograph/photo sessions after practice?INstead of a Mike Sherman dunk tank, it should be a Mike SHerman "Whack-a-Mole" game.

b bulldog
05-18-2008, 03:32 PM
IMO, more people will be interested early in TC because we finally have some ?'s at QB.

red
05-18-2008, 05:43 PM

maybe things like that

maybe have more autograph/photo sessions after practice?INstead of a Mike Sherman dunk tank, it should be a Mike SHerman "Whack-a-Mole" game.

why not both? :lol:

Packers4Ever
05-18-2008, 09:10 PM

maybe things like that

Excellent ideas, red. I especially like the video screens of team guys,
showing the Bio on each, including newbies of course.
Food and Soda should be available.

It would be horrible to start charging for items previously free, and absolutely NO on charging the kids for doing the bike rides.

A Mike Sherman dunk tank? :five:
Sounds like Fun !!!

DonHutson
05-19-2008, 03:32 PM
I can def see more drink stands, but not sure about food. The more people that buy 3-4 burgers for their family outside, the less that go in and eat at the restaurants inside the atrium. Hence, possibly avoiding a walk past the super revenue generating Pro-Shop.

I went to an evening practice last year and I was shocked to find only the only restaurant open in the atrium was the sit-down place upstairs. All the places on the lower level were closed up. I would think keeping all of those places open until some point after the practice ends is kind of a no-brainer.

The Leaper
05-19-2008, 03:50 PM
The Packers should certainly find a way to capitalize on revenues, especially in light of the potential future of the NFL at this point. Green Bay is going to need all the revenue streams they can find if the NFL goes to being an uncapped league.

Joemailman
05-19-2008, 04:35 PM

maybe things like that

why not both? :lol:

What's the matter with you people?. Give the fans what they really want.

http://www.packerpalace.com/blog/images/bikini-girls-1008.jpg