PDA

View Full Version : MANNING NOT SURE FAVRE IS DONE?

packers11
05-17-2008, 11:42 AM
pft.com
MANNING NOT SURE FAVRE IS DONE?
Posted by Mike Florio on May 17, 2008, 12:37 p.m.
Packers quarterback Brett Favre is retired. Colts quarterback Peyton Manning isn’t so sure he believes it.

Manning recently explained that he usually writes a letter to players who have retired. [Editor’s note: A letter? Does he send it by Pony Express?] Manning says he has yet to pen a letter to Favre.

Manning doesn’t have any inside info; he’s just taking the same wait-and-see approach that the rest of us have adopted, given Favre’s equivocation on the subject in a couple of interviews since he announced his decision to leave the sport.

Video of Manning’s remark can be seen on NFL.com.

STIR THE POT! STIR THE POT! :lol:

MJZiggy
05-17-2008, 12:07 PM
He just doesn't want to admit that he's been too busy making commercials, and just forgot to sit down and do it. Excuses, excuses.

Jimx29
05-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Peyton Manning? Is he still around? :?

Brando19
05-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Favre hasn't filed his papers yet! He's not retired officially! Manning is such a dick. I bet he thinks players just can't wait to retire because they'll get a letter from Sir Peyton Manning!

Tarlam!
05-18-2008, 05:23 AM
Well, go watch the interview. Manning is nothing but complimentary to Favre; he plainly states he's in denial over the retirement and that by some miracle, he hopes Brett will come back and play.

I dunno what there is to bash in that, but I must not be a big enough homer.

cpk1994
05-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Favre hasn't filed his papers yet! He's not retired officially! Manning is such a dick. I bet he thinks players just can't wait to retire because they'll get a letter from Sir Peyton Manning!Again, the papers mean NOTHING!. All they do is hand over Brett's severance money, which Brett doesn't need. . THe Packers put him on the Retired list. He is officailly retired.

Brando19
05-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Favre hasn't filed his papers yet! He's not retired officially! Manning is such a dick. I bet he thinks players just can't wait to retire because they'll get a letter from Sir Peyton Manning!Again, the papers mean NOTHING!. All they do is hand over Brett's severance money, which Brett doesn't need. . THe Packers put him on the Retired list. He is officailly retired.

I know that, I read it already. I mean maybe Manning is waiting to write his holy letter after he turns those papers in.

cpk1994
05-19-2008, 08:42 AM

I know that, I read it already. I mean maybe Manning is waiting to write his holy letter after he turns those papers in.I'm sorry for snapping, but I am just annoyed at all the "Hes not retired because he hasn't filed his papers!" posts becuase it seems no matter how many times the papers are explained, someone posts that line again.

GrnBay007
05-19-2008, 08:44 AM
I am just annoyed at all the "Hes not retired because he hasn't filed his papers!" posts becuase it seems no matter how many times the papers are explained, someone posts that line again.

You know people are going to say it even more now. :twisted: :wink: