PDA

View Full Version : An Argument in Favor of an Apology From Tarlam!

Anti-Polar Bear
05-19-2008, 09:20 PM
In the "Senseless Death" thread, Tarlam!—either consciously or sub-consciously—called Japanese people “Japs.” He wrote, and I quote, "As far as I know, neither the Japs nor Germans could figure out a supply chain to sustain kickin' your asses.“

“Jap” is a derogatory term that is offensive to Japanese people. Calling a Japanese person “Jap” while you are not yourself Japanese is akin to a Mexican calling an African-American the N word. Just as African Americans don’t like to be called the N-word, Muslims don’t like to be called “desert niggers,” whites don’t like to be called “crackers,” Mexicans dont like to be called "J-Lo," and Native Americans dont like to be called "redskins," Japanese people don’t like to be called “Japs.”

While me, myself and Irene is not Japanese, as an extreme liberal, I am somewhat offended. I ask sincerely that Tarlam! apologize to this forum, as I am pretty sure we have many Japanese posters posting here.

Should Tarlam! chose not to apologize, I will boycott all his posts and refuse to reply to him again.

Tarlam!, I am an extreme liberal so I will NOT ask that you be banned, as I hate censorship as much as I hate conservatives, and as an extreme liberal I rarely hate.

But please do the right thing and apologize.

Thank you and peace be with you!

Deputy Nutz
05-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Jap is short for Japanese, like Chink is short for China men.

Calling him a Nazi was being real sensitive though,

Tarlam you fucking Nazi!!! You fucking fascist!!!

Anti-Polar Bear
05-19-2008, 09:29 PM

Nazi and Fascist are not derogatory terms. Jap is though; my History professor told me so, and he has a Ph.D! As for "chink," I dont know.

Deputy Nutz
05-19-2008, 09:33 PM

Nazi and Fascist are not derogatory terms. Jap is though; my History professor told me so, and he has a Ph.D! As for "chink," I dont know.

Well you just called a man that is very proud of living in Germany a Nazi, I am sure that if he took you seriously he would be offended.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Although I have reason to believe that the intelligent and just German who is not a Nazi, such as Dirk Nowitski, would never call a Japanese "Jap," perhaps Tarlam! meant it subconsciously. Therefore, I will-like a real man--apologize to him if he is indeed offended.

I am sorry, Tarlam!

Now Tarlam!, are you a real man?

Bretsky
05-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Should Tarlam! chose not to apologize, I will boycott all his posts and refuse to reply to him again.

What is Tarlem considers the above a good thing ? :lol:

Anti-Polar Bear
05-19-2008, 09:49 PM
[quote="Bretsky"]Should Tarlam! chose not to apologize, I will boycott all his posts and refuse to reply to him again.

That's fine with me. But as I am an extreme liberal, I care about the world.

I didnt ask Tarlam! to apologize to me. I asked him to apologize to the world (people of this forum and the rest of the world, especally Japanese every where). Tarlam!, if you believe that this world is a beautiful place, apologize.

Zool
05-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Well at least he didnt call them Nips. Now that would be crossing the line.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Boy, am I glad Coldplay is a British band and not a German band. Viva La Vida will first release in Japan. If Chris Martin, Jonny Buckland, Guy Berryman and Will Champion were German, I would be ashamed to the bone (not b/c of the band but b/c of Tarlam!). Man, it would have sucked to have to cancel my pre-order at Amazon.com.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Btw, Viva La Vida will be released in the USA on June 17, 2008.

If you do not go buy a copy, you are not my friend. :twisted:

Scott Campbell
05-19-2008, 10:19 PM
...............whites don’t like to be called “crackers,”

I'm white, and don't mind being called a cracker. Its kind of racist to assume I'd mind just because I'm white.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Campbell, you are a trailer trash, polygamist, NRA card holding, redneck. You ARE the definition of a cracker, literally.

Zool
05-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Quakers FTW

HarveyWallbangers
05-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Campbell, you are a trailer trash, polygamist, NRA card holding, redneck. You ARE the definition of a cracker, literally.

Actually, that's me.

Let me get this straight. If I say Jap, Tank is going to boycott my posts?

JAP!

Anti-Polar Bear
05-19-2008, 10:32 PM

Actually, that's me.

Let me get this straight. If I say Jap, Tank is going to boycott my posts?

JAP!

Wallbanger, how long have we known each other, at least online?

Until now, I've been avioding your posts for a long time. I'm sure you have noticed b/c I rarely reply to you. But that is not b/c I didnt respect you. Its just b/c all you do is post copy and pastes. :)

texaspackerbacker
05-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Tank, I'm tempted to write off your post as sarcasm, but you never know.

This political correctness crap is the height of idiocy.

People who trumpet Freedom of Speech in all other areas--as well they should--suddenly whine and even want to take away our ABSOLUTE RIGHT to call any damn ethnic trash any damn thing we please.

My own particular standard is to refer to any bunch of foreigners who have consistently been loyal allies of ours with reverence, respect, and dignity.

And the ones who have had the audacity to hope to oppose us ........ the JAPS, the KRAUTS, the stinking Commies, the filthy ragheads, and any enemy shit eaters I may have left out? Well, they are what they are. Frogs? A close call there. They never actually opposed us in open war. On the other hand, they are what they are too.

Tarlam, this, and your stance on homosexuality, I have new found respect for your posting--assuming it isn't all sarcasm--there's apparently some of that going around.

HarveyWallbangers
05-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Wallbanger, how long have we known each other, at least online?

Until now, I've been avioding your posts for a long time. I'm sure you have noticed b/c I rarely reply to you. But that is not b/c I didnt respect you. Its just b/c all you do is post copy and pastes. :)

Thank you, and please continue to do so.

Tarlam!
05-20-2008, 12:50 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

Tank, go fuck yourself. you think you can label me a Nazi and I am gonna kiss and make up when you say "sorry"? You're even more stupid than even I'd thought possible. Shove your extreme liberalism squarely up your extremist arse and ignore me till the cows come home. I'll be the envy of 99% of the posters at PR if you really do ignore me.

One more thing, the Japs in Japan are mostly apathetic to the term Japs (thx Wiki). Those were the Japs I was referring to. And during the period I was referring to, they were Japs. I falsely said Germans. As Tex pointed out, I should have used the term "Krauts". If you had any sense of history, you would realize that today's Japanese and Germans have been so fundamentlý changed in their societies by strongest possible American influence (think Marshall Plan) that their thinking doesn't even resemble that of Krauts and Japs. Both societies accept their blame and their children are indoctrinated with a sense of shame of what their grandfathers generation did, just so they won't repeat history. I have two kids in school in Germany, so I can vouch for the truth of this.

With this, I bid you one last FUCK OFF!

Charles Woodson
05-20-2008, 11:37 AM
calling an African-American the N word. Just as African Americans don’t like to be called the N-word, Muslims don’t like to be called “desert niggers,”

So why did you decide to abbriviate the N-word when referring to African Americans, yet you write it fully out in reference to muslims?

Now i realize your being sarcastic by this but then again, if you are an "extreme liberal" then this would not surprise me. You try to call out someone for saying something that is not offensive, and in the midst of all this, i would think this post would be even more offensive.
Down to the point Tank, the fact that you are not Japanese gives you no right to determine what is racist or however you try to condemn it.

Charles Woodson
05-20-2008, 11:44 AM
In the "Senseless Death" thread, Tarlam!—either consciously or sub-consciously—called Japanese people “Japs.” He wrote, and I quote, "As far as I know, neither the Japs nor Germans could figure out a supply chain to sustain kickin' your asses.“

“Jap” is a derogatory term that is offensive to Japanese people. Calling a Japanese person “Jap” while you are not yourself Japanese is akin to a Mexican calling an African-American the N word. Just as African Americans don’t like to be called the N-word, Muslims don’t like to be called “desert niggers,” whites don’t like to be called “crackers,” Mexicans dont like to be called "J-Lo," and Native Americans dont like to be called "redskins," Japanese people don’t like to be called “Japs.”

While me, myself and Irene is not Japanese, as an extreme liberal, I am somewhat offended. I ask sincerely that Tarlam! apologize to this forum, as I am pretty sure we have many Japanese posters posting here.

Tarlam!, I am an extreme liberal so I will NOT ask that you be banned, as I hate censorship as much as I hate conservatives, and as an extreme liberal I rarely hate.

But please do the right thing and apologize.

Thank you and peace be with you!
Okay so after reading the post again, i have decided that Tank is not a extreme liberal. I mean who would be that insecure that they would have to put in the words "extreme liberal" 3 times.

Another question tho, do you think its wrong that rap artists use the N word in their rap lyrics? I mean surely such an extreme liberal would condone such songs, i mean dont you think they should be censored?

Anti-Polar Bear
05-20-2008, 12:37 PM
C-Wood, I am an extreme liberal. You have no right to determine what I am or not. :wink:

As for rappers using the N-Word: Are you color blind? Most of them are black! If Snoop Dog calls Dre the "N-Word," whats the problem?

The only white rapper that is allowed to use the N-word without consequence is Eminem. Marshall thinks he's black, and based on his upbringing, many black folks seems to think he's black, too.

Oh, btw, “desert nigger”: I put it there as a parody to Tex’s constant use of “sand nigger” at the old jso forum.

Zool
05-20-2008, 12:39 PM
If it quacks like a moron, and swims like a moron, its probably a moron.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-20-2008, 12:43 PM
If it quacks like a moron, and swims like a moron, its probably a moron.

"It" is Zool. :lol:

texaspackerbacker
05-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Uh, Tank, just for the record, I have NEVER in this forum or any other used the term "sand nigger". Raghead, yes, many times. Towelhead and camel jockey once or twice each too.

Bad as using the n word is, it is, IMO, too good to apply to that segment of ragheads who have the audacity to hope to oppose America. And, of course, we shouldn't forget, there are many ragheads who seemingly aren't that bad.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Tex, u used the term countless times in the fyi thread on the old JSO forum. As an extreme liberal, I was offended at first; but then TH87, who I believe is a Muslim, was like ha-ha, so I was like "it's a joke?" That was why I let it go.

texaspackerbacker
05-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Tex, u used the term countless times in the fyi thread on the old JSO forum. As an extreme liberal, I was offended at first; but then TH87, who I believe is a Muslim, was like ha-ha, so I was like "it's a joke?" That was why I let it go.

No, you are 100% WRONG. Everything is still archived over there. If you really believe the crap you are spewing, produce it. Otherwise stop lying.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-20-2008, 03:48 PM
Tex, they deleted the fyi thread. I am not lying. I know you used the word multiple times to describe Arabs.

texaspackerbacker
05-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Tank, if you are not out and out lying, then your memory is flawed.

If you've read my posting to any degree at all, you know I NEVER deny or back off from anything I really said, no matter how controversial. However, I simply didn't say that. It isn't any political correctness, of which I don't have a trace. And it sure isn't any respect or consideration of Arabs/Muslims/whatever, as with the exceptions I stated--those on our side, there are no bounds at all to the bad words I'd use for them. But I absolutely did NOT say "sand nigger".

Anti-Polar Bear
05-20-2008, 04:22 PM
Tex, I know you did and you know you did too (you can ask TH). I have a good memory. But since they deleted the proof, lets just agree to disagree.

LL2
05-20-2008, 05:02 PM
C-Wood, I am an extreme liberal. You have no right to determine what I am or not. :wink:

What is with this shit about saying your an extreme liberal in every other post? You sure seem proud of it, but it's getting old. Nobody cares!

By the way, if we all use the word JAP will you boycott this site and go away again?

texaspackerbacker
05-20-2008, 07:55 PM
I wasn't gonna bring this up, Tank, but since you persist in your lies about me, you leave me no choice.

More than once you bragged about how when you were a high school DB, you could cover "any nigger receiver" in the state.

Ironic how in typical "extreme liberal" fashion, you falsely accuse others of what you are guilty of.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Tex, no disrespect but you're an old man. Your memory isnt good. You cant even remember who Red was on JSO. Me? I can still remember as far back as when Bretsky wrote that he never smoked weed in college.

You used the term more than once. Where’s TH? We gotta ask him. I aint lying.

Btw, Tex, I shut down Darren Charles, not "N-Word" reciever. As an extreme liberal, the N-Word is not part of my vocabulary.

Charles Woodson
05-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Btw, Viva La Vida will be released in the USA on June 17, 2008.

If you do not go buy a copy, you are not my friend. :twisted:

well in order to lose a friend, one must have one

texaspackerbacker
05-20-2008, 08:15 PM
It ain't in my vocabulary either, and unlike you, I'm not a drugged out chronic liar. You got the context right. It was while you were ranting about shutting down Charles that you expanded it to "any nigger receiver" in the state.

Maybe you can plead that you were in a drug stupor so you don't lose your "extreme liberal" credentials. Actually, though, your extreme lib status is safe. Liberals had no compunction about calling Condoleeza Rice a "pickaninny", so I guess your "any nigger receiver" thing is pretty mild compared to that.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-20-2008, 08:55 PM
If you happen to run into th, just ask him about it.

texaspackerbacker
05-20-2008, 09:03 PM
I wish he would come in here. I had probably more respect for TH87 than any other poster in any forum--opposition posters, anyway.

There was a liberal who wouldn't shrink from a discussion of the issues--unlike the candy-ass pansies of leftists in here (except for the praiseworthy Ziggy, of course).

K-town
05-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Tank, I'm tempted to write off your post as sarcasm, but you never know.

This political correctness crap is the height of idiocy.

People who trumpet Freedom of Speech in all other areas--as well they should--suddenly whine and even want to take away our ABSOLUTE RIGHT to call any damn ethnic trash any damn thing we please.

My own particular standard is to refer to any bunch of foreigners who have consistently been loyal allies of ours with reverence, respect, and dignity.

And the ones who have had the audacity to hope to oppose us ........ the JAPS, the KRAUTS, the stinking Commies, the filthy ragheads, and any enemy shit eaters I may have left out? Well, they are what they are. Frogs? A close call there. They never actually opposed us in open war. On the other hand, they are what they are too.

Tarlam, this, and your stance on homosexuality, I have new found respect for your posting--assuming it isn't all sarcasm--there's apparently some of that going around.

In naming all of the countries and/or ethnicities that have opposed America, you forgot the (add your preferred ethnic slur here) Mexicans in 1846, the slanty-eyed Chinese (1950-1953) and the snaggle-toothed Limeys (1775-1783, 1812-1815).

But really, how about the worst offenders, the absolute SCUM who most threatened America - the goddam Confederate States of America.
Ungrateful traitors. If Washington hadn't sent Delaware and Virginia Line regiments and New Englander Nathaniel Greene, all those Georgians and Carolinians (and the other Confederate states that would follow) would STILL be chugging the British sausage.

Anyhoo, I agree on your premise of freedom of speech as far as calling out ethnic trash (or homosexuals, or foreigners, et al). How do you feel about someone calling you a red-necked, peckerwood, ofay, in-bred, fish-belly white, trailer-trash honky?

If you can dish it out, I'm confident you can also take it.

Also, about those Frogs...if Ben Franklin doesn't get the French to send guns, ships and money in 1778, we'd still be part of a decaying, corrupt monarchy. Granted, the Frogs were acting in their own self-interest, as well as hatred of the British. But "Ends, not means." Right?

Little Whiskey
05-21-2008, 11:24 AM
did you know that rednecks were "bloods" before there were "bloods". they stole the symbol from us.

During the revolutionary war. the mountain men wore red hankirchif around their necks to distinguish themselves. they became known as rednecks.....and they kick some "red coat" ass!! a country boy can survive!

texaspackerbacker
05-21-2008, 04:29 PM
K-Town, I figured I covered the Korean, Vietnam, and Cold Wars by mentioning stinking Commies.

The others seemed too far back. If I had brought them up, I might have had to include Johnny Rebs too, and even though I'm born and bred Yankee, I kinda sympathize with them southern boys.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-21-2008, 05:02 PM
did you know that rednecks were "bloods" before there were "bloods". they stole the symbol from us.

During the revolutionary war. the mountain men wore red hankirchif around their necks to distinguish themselves. they became known as rednecks.....and they kick some "red coat" ass!! a country boy can survive!

This is a nice story, but it is far from the truth.

The origins of redneck are Scottish and refer to supporters of the National Covenant and The Solemn League and Covenant, or "Covenanters", largely Lowland Presbyterians, many fled Scotland for Ulster (Northern Ireland) during persecutions by the British Crown.

Many Covenanters signed in their own blood and wore red pieces of cloth around their necks as distinctive insignia; hence the term "Red neck", which became slang for a Scottish dissenter.

Since many Ulster-Scottish settlers in America (especially the South) were Presbyterian, the term was applied to them, and then, later, their Southern descendants. One of the earliest examples of its use comes from 1830, when an author noted that "red-neck" was a "name bestowed upon the Presbyterians."

There is also possibly that it came from West Va. coal miners (wearing red bandanna to signify union support) or from those outside working plantations...red neck.

But, your story is a nice one, but has no basis whatsover in the truth...and is type of southern story told to justify the term and the confed flag as a source of southern pride.

HarveyWallbangers
05-21-2008, 05:59 PM

The origins of redneck are Scottish and refer to supporters of the National Covenant and The Solemn League and Covenant, or "Covenanters", largely Lowland Presbyterians, many fled Scotland for Ulster (Northern Ireland) during persecutions by the British Crown.

Many Covenanters signed in their own blood and wore red pieces of cloth around their necks as distinctive insignia; hence the term "Red neck", which became slang for a Scottish dissenter.

Since many Ulster-Scottish settlers in America (especially the South) were Presbyterian, the term was applied to them, and then, later, their Southern descendants. One of the earliest examples of its use comes from 1830, when an author noted that "red-neck" was a "name bestowed upon the Presbyterians."

There is also possibly that it came from West Va. coal miners (wearing red bandanna to signify union support) or from those outside working plantations...red neck.

But, your story is a nice one, but has no basis whatsover in the truth...and is type of southern story told to justify the term and the confed flag as a source of southern pride.

Awesome wikipedia search. Probably would have been easier to just provide a link to it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck_%28stereotype%29

Partial
05-21-2008, 06:11 PM
LOL, Ty got served. Serves him right for talking down to people like he knows everything!

GoPackGo
05-21-2008, 06:11 PM
I thought the term redneck was a term used to describe white people who worked out in the sun all day

Tyrone Bigguns
05-21-2008, 06:25 PM

Awesome wikipedia search. Probably would have been easier to just provide a link to it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck_%28stereotype%29

Actually, didn't use wiki. I'm sure they used the source i used.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-21-2008, 06:27 PM
LOL, Ty got served. Serves him right for talking down to people like he knows everything!

It would be...if i actually used wiki, but i didn't.

However, it does take knowledge to know when somebody is bsing...like you do with just about everything.

Little Whiskey
05-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Hey tyronne, you don't hear me trying to tell you the history of the slang, Crack Head! next thing your gonna try telling me is that the south is NOT gonna do it again!

:D

Zool
05-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Jap

Harlan Huckleby
01-26-2009, 05:38 PM
If you happen to run into th, just ask him about it.

Hey Tank! Look everybody, tank is back!

Joemailman
01-26-2009, 07:07 PM
Hey Blue Dog! Which Bush do you want impeached?

Harlan Huckleby
01-26-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm getting ready for Jeb.